DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

@Arma3official @bohemiainteract Greetings,after the ARMA3 has updated to 64bits,I can no longer customize the HUB by increasing the GPS size.

Looking forward to trying out the RC for 1.70 tonight!  Any experiences so far ?

13 hours ago, kremator said:

Looking forward to trying out the RC for 1.70 tonight!  Any experiences so far ?

It's awesome.  You do have to work out the keybinds for the new options.  Mine:

laze target:  \ or end

radar on/off:  LCRTL + R

Left/right console next (turns on console): [ / ]

Left/right console mode: RCTRL + [      /    RCTRL + ]

Close left/right console:  : RCTRL + 2x[      /    RCTRL + 2x]

Major wish:  Please consider adding method to save current keybind setup to a named entry. 

Also, this issue has been fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119383

Just tried the Jets DLC showcase and I just have to share a though about the clouds. They start at about 2500m asl and they go on until 10 000m asl. That's not right! :D

Clouds like that I'd expect to see at 500 - 2000m asl.

can`t launch drones off the carrier
cant enable/disable laser or main gun on planes (not on all that is) (think this should be an option)
zues module (not sure if this is going to be inplemented)
brown vest is orange
holding down launch should lower flaps

step 1: get in a jet
step 2: controll a drone near the catapult
step 3: select launch
step 4: get teleported to the catapult and explode

love the new update and cant wait to see what kind of missions people will have

after a little bit of testing, I noticed that the Sonic Boom is a little bit buggy.

1. you hear your own Sonic Boom in the Vehicle. what should not be possible?

2. and in 3rd Person camera is the sound sometimes a bit buggy when you move the camera around the plane. and sometimes you don't have any sound at all,

here is a video where I show both issues 

here is a video where I show both issues

28 minutes ago, jokoho482 said:

and sometimes you don't have any sound at all,

This is normal when the sound emitted from the plane never reaches the camera because it's moving away from the sound, i.e. outside the sound cone.

New AAA turrets (specifically the gun one) swing wildly when aiming at a target to their rear, projectiles dont appear to come from the barrel/muzzle

The Mk21 Centurian SAM system doesn't fire for me.  Perhaps its targets must be flying above a certain altitude?

Are there descriptions of the capabilities of the new turrets somewhere?  Can't find them in field manual.  

Major wish:  Please consider adding method to save current keybind setup to a named entry +1

noticed performance on the jets showcase down some. anyone else. will test more Sunday maybe.

but then  online in mp test on official Zeus server almost 60fps constant that was with way more units active.

Hi there, here are some issues which I found with recent RC (1.70.141.575) and also in the Dev release:

1. Blackwasp: HMDS CCIP Gun Cross is not properly aligned when locking onto ground target. Somehow it gets pinned off center, near locked target. (see: 
    no way, my gatling/fuselage was pointed into that direction...)
  2. Blackwasp: HMDS Pitch-Ladder is toggled off/on when looking of fuselage/center axis about 3-5 degrees right/left? Very distracting mid flight/combat when using 6DOF head tracking (TrackIR, etc). Better and proper to keep it in place and slide in, like CCIPs and rest of center based HUD Information. (see from minute 1:10, real F35 HMDS sim: 
    )
  3. Blackwasp: TGP movement/look speed is based on direct-mouse input. Not like the other TGPs, which are behaving more like turrets.
    1. Just remembered, also the sensors are not rotating with the TGP, not sure if this is as designed or bug in the Blackwasp
  4. Kajman: Target locking solely as Pilot is not possible, if gunner position is not manned.
  5. The HUD Radar-Target-Detection-Markers are so tiny. One can barely make them out. In real HUDs they are a lot bigger... (see Image in 1., small green specks, bottom of HMDS, very hard to recognise)
  6. Autopilot/Autocruise for Jets, is still missing. Difficult to keep jet stable while in TGP and looking for targets.

And thank you so much for finally making sens(e)ors ;) and the new HUDs are awesome! Finally no more arcade-all-seeing-radar-eye!

Edit: Added, 3.1., 6.

I played the campaign a bit in the 1.70 RC. I was on East Wind, Adapt. I am now in the camp in Gori and tried to go on and do some scouting missions. However, when the scouting mission starts, it immediately say mission complete and send me back to camp.

I tried reverting the campaign to Gori, but still could not seems to get it to work.

On another note, I played a bit the Jet showcase, I am quite enjoying it. Hopefully I could have more time to savour in it a bit more :)

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, Greenfist said:

This is normal when the sound emitted from the plane never reaches the camera because it's moving away from the sound, i.e. outside the sound cone.

I've noticed this same behavior in 1.68 vanilla while on the ground and with pretty much any vehicle. It's easy to reproduce too. Just load A3 without any mods and go to the NATO showcase and grab an AMV-7 Marshall (or any other vehicle). Get in and drive it a short ways off to get away from the base noise. Stop and then get out without shutting the vehicle off (eject works). Now while in 1st person, stand right next to the vehicle looking at it and you will hear the engine running. Turn slowly and when the vehicle is directly behind you, the engine noise will cut out completely. If you go to 3rd person mode and activate the free rotating camera and turn it to the vehicle, you will find that it is directly behind the player and no engine noise can be heard at all. Realistically, the sound should diminish a bit but not cut out completely. That really kills realism, because it means that if any vehicle is coming from directly behind the player, that you won't hear it approaching at all.

Now, as for this RC, does anyone know if it does anything for gameplay, other than fixed wing aircraft? I primarily play as infantry and have no interest in the Jets DLC or anything else fixed wing.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:54 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

New AAA turrets (specifically the gun one) swing wildly when aiming at a target to their rear, projectiles dont appear to come from the barrel/muzzle

This is already reported and will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, OMAC said:

The Mk21 Centurian SAM system doesn't fire for me.  Perhaps its targets must be flying above a certain altitude?

Are there descriptions of the capabilities of the new turrets somewhere?  Can't find them in field manual.  

This caused by AI and radar (now its every time turned off, when is turret autonomous) , SAM MR needs radar for targeting enemies.
This should be fixed soon. :)

• Like 3

On 5/8/2017 at 11:27 AM, martin_lee said:

I played the campaign a bit in the 1.70 RC. I was on East Wind, Adapt. I am now in the camp in Gori and tried to go on and do some scouting missions. However, when the scouting mission starts, it immediately say mission complete and send me back to camp.

I tried reverting the campaign to Gori, but still could not seems to get it to work.

On another note, I played a bit the Jet showcase, I am quite enjoying it. Hopefully I could have more time to savour in it a bit more :)

Hi,
the scouting/patrol missions in campaign are already fixed. You can check it in next update. :)

Thanks and regards.

• Like 1

@Karloff

Has anything been done about fixing the sound issue where you can't hear things that are directly behind you?

***edit**

Please disregard. After posting that I found an article on Reddit that mentioned the issue. Apparently it has something to do with headphone setup. I tried disabling my headphone and testing it with my speakers and the sound dead zone doesn't exist with the speakers. Now I need to try reconfiguring my headphones.

***edit again***

For anyone that may be experiencing the loss of sound from behind when using a headset, try looking at your headset drivers or manufacturer's gaming software. I use a Logitech G930 wireless gaming headset and a simple update to the Logitech Gaming Software to the latest version (8.92.67) fixed my sound issues. I thought it was an A3 bug because it started when v1.68 was released. Perhaps there was something in that update that the gaming software didn't like but an update fixed the problem.

There needs to be a Full Thrust control action. Press key, instant 100, release key, stays at 100. I would really like to bind this to my W key.

On a different note, pausing the game while flying in multiplayer is constantly messing with the thrust. If I'm on the tarmac with 0 thrust, I pause the game, and suddenly my plane starts moving, then stops when I unpause. When flying, I pause, then the thrust magically goes down, and stays down when I unpause.

Also the thrust system has completely messed up VTOL vertical flight.

Rangefinder and laser designator doesn't measure distance anymore on 1.70 RC. Elevation and other sensors are not affected. No mods installed, all available DLC installed and 2nd DLC pack pre-ordered. Same results in-game, editor or virtual arsenal.

1 hour ago, Vidikk said:

Rangefinder and laser designator doesn't measure distance anymore on 1.70 RC. Elevation and other sensors are not affected. No mods installed, all available DLC installed and 2nd DLC pack pre-ordered. Same results in-game, editor or virtual arsenal.

One must now hit the "laze target" key to measure distance, for tank/IFV gunners, rangefinder, and laser designator.

15 minutes ago, OMAC said:

One must now hit the "laze target" key to measure distance, for tank/IFV gunners, rangefinder, and laser designator.

My apologies, It's obviously working as intended now that I set the button.

had a crash today during rc test of the new VTOL showcase . have no time to full repro so could be one off. I'll edit accordingly.

exit code : 0xC0000409 - Status_Stack_Buffer_OVERRUN

vanilla.

params 64 bit no other changes

windows 10. i7, nivdia gtx 970, arma on ssd.

notes was switching weapons in the vtol when crash occured.

Will there be a full documentation on how to create and customise Combat Patrol missions? It seems that there are quite some options hidden in the functions.

Maybe add some attributes to the Init Module.

I'm lovin' that bunker at Pic de Feas on Malden!  :thumbsup:

I did teleport inside a hollow mountain at point Eperon (043060) by alt-click in Eden.  At first I thought it was a cool cavern, but no...  There's no escape.

Edit:  just found this, AWESOME:

486e84552021722.jpg

Please correct the spatial distribution of the sounds of shooting

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124559

Please correct the application on Zafir of the optical sights ARCO and RCO.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120491

Please make a present for the anniversary of 2 years for this ticket, correct it

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82570

• Like 1