DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

11 minutes ago, Roddis said:

On what Dev-branch rev the RC is based on?

None.

It's a separate build that contains some things that have been on Dev Branch during 1.67 development builds (such as the 64-bit .exe), but not all of them.

1.67 (and the current 1.69) dev builds have introduced stuff that will eventually be in the patch that coincides with the release of the Jets DLC, but not the 1.68 stable patch.

6 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

None.

It's a separate build that contains some things that have been on Dev Branch during 1.67 development builds (such as the 64-bit .exe), but not all of them.

1.67 (and the current 1.69) dev builds have introduced stuff that will eventually be in the patch that coincides with the release of the Jets DLC, but not the 1.68 stable patch.

Thanks da12thMonkey. 

Is what I wanted to know.

But another question. 

I can imagine the RC evolves first to became Main.

So can I know which dev-branch's stuff is gone in RC and which is not without test it?

Just got 4.7 gb update on rc branch , and i cant seem to find any changelogs

• Like 1

Footsteps issues...gone; Prone to crunch issue...resolved.

Zooming glitch that used to be with 32 bit, even with my 6700k, 980Ti OC and Evo SSD...not anymore!!!

Thanks BIS, I cant wait for the 1.68. Good work for me!! 

You deserve JET DLC to be purchased even if I never, and will never, fly one.

• Like 2

Hi, long time arma fan, well done on the new 1.68 rc and 64bit work, I saw a huge improvement in frames on the initial release but it dropped off on the 4.7gb patch (the one from this week) I was flying around in taunus in the rain and got this weird looking effect and thought you might want to see it.

http://imgur.com/a/wCLlK\

the black with white outline blobs were sort of stuck over the rain drops, the larger reddish ones were stuck to objects on the floor

Edited by forager

I really hope that minimum FPS will be higher with the 64.exe.. At least that not expecting more maximum frames.

Rael problem with trees and grass with the 1.68RC.  All are highlighted by while outline.  Have to revert to Arma2 trees and grass to sort it.

4 hours ago, kremator said:

Rael problem with trees and grass with the 1.68RC.  All are highlighted by while outline.  Have to revert to Arma2 trees and grass to sort it.

Feedback tracker! Let's have grass be great again! Pretty please BIS!

5 hours ago, kremator said:

Is this what you're talking about? If so, turn off Antialiasing-FXAA in your NVidia Control Panel. Also, I set the Antialiasing - Setting to 'Application-controlled'. Then turn on the FSAA in ArmA3.

kRv6Ezr.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 11:52 PM, forager said:

Hi, long time arma fan, well done on the new 1.68 rc and 64bit work, I saw a huge improvement in frames on the initial release but it dropped off on the 4.7gb patch (the one from this week) I was flying around in taunus in the rain and got this weird looking effect and thought you might want to see it.

the black with white outline blobs were sort of stuck over the rain drops, the larger reddish ones were stuck to objects on the floor

Does this happen with out your overlay on?

ok further testing in rc.  1 c4 charge(not satchel) will take down a lighthouse and building close by. this may be intended.

but  an rpg hit into an ifrit creates and explosive force enough to take out a nearby t-100 and military guard tower.  

above might all be intended so just noting in case it's not.

4 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

but  an rpg hit into an ifrit creates and explosive force enough to take out a nearby t-100 and military guard tower. 

I can confirm this.  It took 2 RPG rounds to blow the Ifrit, but the resulting explosion took out the guard tower (large) and T-100.  The T-100 in this case had no damage, but crew were dead.

e675a3538049265.jpg

13 hours ago, OMAC said:

I can confirm this.  It took 2 RPG rounds to blow the Ifrit, but the resulting explosion took out the guard tower (large) and T-100.  The T-100 in this case had no damage, but crew were dead.

e675a3538049265.jpg

I was reporting this in recent year...

16 hours ago, pawelkpl said:

Hi there,

hintC is properly centered in 1.66 but 1.68C is broken - not centered and "continue" can't be clicked...

screenshots:

1.66: https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipN61kcEPEP175iHfoapzGbV-fcfcweGgRiwyYUx

1.68RC: https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOLAyhB41JZ_jAkRMCygjNUzIpKNpq9P_1_Hx0Z

Any ETA on 1.68 ?

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

16 hours ago, pawelkpl said:

Any ETA on 1.68 ?

They have a tradition of releasing on Thursdays, and they have been saying a release this week is likely, so don't be surprised if the update lands later today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisse said:

They have a tradition of releasing on Thursdays, and they have been saying a release this week is likely, so don't be surprised if the update lands later today.

Probably just in time for me to be out of town for a couple of days with a mission that is awaiting release due to the 64 bit client....:(

Apologies in advance if this isn't the right topic.

Fixed: Inventory weight of loaded magazines was doubled

It's still doubled. Really crossing my fingers here that you will look into it. 
Tested it with no mods enabled (and modded too), it's still an issue.

Edit:
I believe it was my mistake. The inventory stamina bar shows as it was, as if it was doubled, but the actual weight is fixed.

Edited by rhyfelwyr
  • Like 2

On 14/03/2017 at 2:06 PM, Vasily.B said:

I was reporting this in recent year...

Did you raise a feedback ticket? Otherwise how else are Developers going to know. 

New 1.68 hotfix RC available!  Is there a changelog?

On 2/15/2017 at 7:16 PM, OMAC said:

This issue is present in current RC:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119383

Any chance of a fix?

This issue is still present in 1.68 hotfix RC.  Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 22.03.2017 at 0:49 PM, R0adki11 said:

Did you raise a feedback ticket? Otherwise how else are Developers going to know. 

reporting, mean creating ticket actually.

23 hours ago, OMAC said:

This issue is still present in 1.68 hotfix RC.  Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched video attached in ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119383, he did not save mission before starting preview

and as far I remember the editor this wont happen if you save mission

15 hours ago, maquez said:

I watched video attached in ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119383, he did not save mission before starting preview

and as far I remember the editor this wont happen if you save mission

Unfortunately this is not the case in 1.68 stable.  I changed loadout of unit's backpack in editor using Virtual Arsenal, saved mission, exported to SP, started mission, and backpack contents are still invisible to anyone checking it's contents using "Open backpack" action.  The contents are in there, but they are invisible to units other than the unit with the backpack.