DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

What is today 560MB data? Changelog?

I was wondering the same thing....

I was wondering the same thing....

Dwarden said in Discord: "it's mainly more merged 'crash and last minute' fixes"

Dwarden said in Discord: "it's mainly more merged 'crash and last minute' fixes"

Thanks for the info!

Heart of Darkness we couldn't extract when we had one member alive and he got in the truck. Didn't trigger anything when friend got in a truck.

Maybe you've forgot to change that not everyone needs to get in if they've died? We had respawns off so only one member was alive.

Heart of Darkness went fine for me yesterday, including None The Wiser achievement, when playing solo.  Mission ended normally after I got into truck.  Respawns were disabled.

Anyone experiencing this kind of an issue? This wasn't even the worst, it was horrible befor when I tried to drive in the jungle and many trees didn't render nearby.

Pretty serious if you ask me. My fps was also maybe bit lower when that start to happen. I had already played couple of hours of the coop campaign with friends.

• Like 2

Anyone experiencing this kind of an issue? This wasn't even the worst, it was horrible befor when I tried to drive in the jungle and many trees didn't render nearby.

Pretty serious if you ask me. My fps was also maybe bit lower when that start to happen. I had already played couple of hours of the coop campaign with friends.

Happens to me also, although not this bad ......,  i play solo and fiddle around a lot in the editor. 

first i fought it was a mod problem so i disabled all mods , but nope,  it still remains   :(

i tried the 1.64 RC test vesion and to my idea it was a bit less present) 

(1.64 RC is concluded before i could do some real testing so i can not realy say if it solved or made the problem less presen)

1.66 RC is 10.1 GB?  Wow!  Changelog seems simple compared to that big a download..  Lots of goodies, apparently!

1.66 RC is 10.1 GB?  Wow!  Changelog seems simple compared to that big a download..  Lots of goodies, apparently!

Lots of goodies, true. But the big size is caused by the encrypted data in Apex DLC - most changed files have to be re-downloaded completely, not just the differences.

Anyone knows what this refers to?

Added: Dynamic simulation (WIP)

Lots of goodies, true. But the big size is caused by the encrypted data in Apex DLC - most changed files have to be re-downloaded completely, not just the differences.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Anyone knows what this refers to?

Kind of like the current simulation manager module, but a little more complex, customizable, and built into the engine.

Can anyone put this in layman's terms regarding dynamic simulation?

Objects beyond certain range are not simulated to improve performance.

For example AI units far away from players are just frozen like dumb bricks.

There's a bunch of new commands and editor settings to control the system.

• Like 1

Objects beyond certain range are not simulated to improve performance.

For example AI units far away from players are just frozen like dumb bricks.

So this is why my big battle map are runing at 40FPS and enemy above 400M which i can see with naked eye are just stop, efen after i hit him :D

Now, if they can add a setting to exclude groups with active waypoints, that will be perfect. ;)

EDIT : Word of warning : dynamic simulation is ON by default...

That's going to break a loooot of missions.

• Like 2

EDIT : Word of warning : dynamic simulation is ON by default...

That's going to break a loooot of missions.

It's on only for objects placed after the update, right? A couple of old missions I opened had it OFF on all existing objects.

So it'll only break mission makers who are not aware of the new system?

Maybe - I didn't really checked my older missions. ^^

Still, it should probably be disabled by default; took me a couple minutes to understand why those planes I just placed far away weren't completing their waypoints, haha...

• Like 1

I have a problem with updating my server!

Is this command correct

+app_update 107410 -beta Arma3Update166RC validate

Lots of reports on Reddit of keybinds resetting even after saying yes to keeping your old settings with the 1.66 update. Beware and back up your profile before getting the update!

• Like 1

Hello guys, can someone explain how to download the RC 1.68?
I am following the instructions on the following page but can't see any beta available when I put the "Access code" in Steam...

instructions: https://dev.arma3.com/rc-branch

Than can't find helpful informations abut how to use "Game Updater tool" to install multiple branches on your PC and switch from the actual stable verstion to the RC 1.68.

Thanks for support, I am available on Discord too.

2 hours ago, Alberello said:

Hello guys, can someone explain how to download the RC 1.68?
I am following the instructions on the following page but can't see any beta available when I put the "Access code" in Steam...

instructions: https://dev.arma3.com/rc-branch

Than can't find helpful informations abut how to use "Game Updater tool" to install multiple branches on your PC and switch from the actual stable verstion to the RC 1.68.

Thanks for support, I am available on Discord too.

Put Arma3Update168RC to the access code, check, and select the RC drop the menu.

And here's some info about using Game Updater: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Game_Updater_Manual