DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

first of all, that update came on the 8th, and second there is a changelog

radio protocol still broken

any commands you give are still in default english, placed KI units do use correct language.

RC: 08-07-2016

- squad radar disappeared since last RC update (works in latest dev build)

- difficulty setting for squad radar disappeared since last RC update (works in latest dev build)

- radio protocol broken

let's hope this does not sneak into release :P ...

RC: 08-07-2016

- squad radar disappeared since last RC update (works in latest dev build)

- difficulty setting for squad radar disappeared since last RC update (works in latest dev build)

Squad radar will be in the next update, not in Apex.

it did work in RC 30-06-2016 and previous...

it did work in RC 30-06-2016 and previous...

That was probably before they decided to delay it.

It's mentioned in the latest SITREP.

Please use this thread for discussion specific to the Release Candidate (RC) branch on Steam, when it's available in the weeks leading up to a release. The preferred method of reporting issues in that build is the Feedback Tracker. Thanks!

Hi.... Hope this is the correct place to post. But ever since my download of Apex, I can maybe stay on a server for literally about a minute or 2. Can this be a bug in the apex software ? 

I got little problem - Steam is updating some workshop content and i'm unable to launch game in that period. Its workshop content, not game update.

Hi.... Hope this is the correct place to post. But ever since my download of Apex, I can maybe stay on a server for literally about a minute or 2. Can this be a bug in the apex software ?

Not right place for this.

But try checking game integrity. Or download the Dev branch/rc of arma and then revert.

New update be out soon hopefully will fix for you.

May have found a strange issue on RC : placing down two different vehicles in the same group seems to prevent the mission from launching.

Note that this was tested with RHS on Fallujah - I'll run more tests with vanilla content.

EDIT : Nevermind - looks like it's an odd issue with my mod-set.

EDIT² : It's actually an issue with RHS. It happens with groups made of multiple vehicles with the following group settings : "Hold fire unless fired upon", Safe behaviour, column formation.

are I am wrong or should not be this thread to discuss about the RC release

and not for posting freaking bugs you have with other mods? :huh:

Those freaking bugs I have might indicate that something is wrong with the RC build...

This one for instance leads me to believe me that there is a glitch when AI in vehicles are set to hold fire at mission start : I was able to reproduce it with stock content, actually...

(Will post a repro mission ASAP)

great news on the RC.  I recently experienced the "2FPS bug" as described own some troubleshooting threads.  Only in one mission oddly enough....

The RC build fixed it and I was 60fps boom.  Also, seems like better performance all around !   Loving the new "pointing"feature.

One problem I experienced was an unhandled exception error crash when I as host during spectate went to Map with M button -- caused 2 crashes - while spectating only

great news on the RC.  I recently experienced the "2FPS bug" as described own some troubleshooting threads.  Only in one mission oddly enough....

The RC build fixed it and I was 60fps boom.  Also, seems like better performance all around !   Loving the new "pointing"feature.

One problem I experienced was an unhandled exception error crash when I as host during spectate went to Map with M button -- caused 2 crashes - while spectating only

What "Pointing feature"?

What "Pointing feature"?

when i was on 1.61 dev build some time ago, players could place 3D icons in the environment simply by [shift]+[t], visible to others.

when i was on 1.61 dev build some time ago, players could place 3D icons in the environment simply by [shift]+[t], visible to others.

I need to check it out. There was possible since very long time ago putting waypoints on map visible in 3d, but i'm not sure it was visible to all in squad. To do so, you needed to open map, then push shift and place waypoint by left mouse button, and it was visible at least for you.

I need to check it out. There was possible since very long time ago putting waypoints on map visible in 3d, but i'm not sure it was visible to all in squad. To do so, you needed to open map, then push shift and place waypoint by left mouse button, and it was visible at least for you.

Placing those personal waypoints has always been possible.

More info about pointing, aka the tactical ping, can be found here: Spatial Awareness Improvements

• Like 1

Placing those personal waypoints has always been possible.

More info about pointing, aka the tactical ping, can be found here: Spatial Awareness Improvements

Yeah what I meat to say was real time spatial awareness tactical ping markers in multiplayer ...pretty cool pointing out targets. Add realism for sure. New to me.

Does anyone know whether the FFV animations where fixed? On stable, everytime one enters a FFV position, the animations are bugged.

• Like 1

Does anyone know whether the FFV animations where fixed? On stable, everytime one enters a FFV position, the animations are bugged.

FFV commanding bug is gone (you can now give AWSD commands), but animations - i havent seen any.

wasnt it said someday that you have a option to diable the extream FOV on high speeds in vehicles. if you use trackir5 it looks so wrong and

its hard to read the hud, you always have to move towards the monitor to see something.

i hoped it would be in, but couldnt find any options. i just want to disable these FOV´s ;)

Starting crashing with 1.64 RC when I host + go to the Map during spectate. (It's 100% crash now)

Anyone else seeing this issue?