DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

alert us to any last-minute issues on the forums

can all the transitions for unarmed get fixed? (forced prone)

like sprint-cross + inventory

like sprint-cross and turn, and double tab w (bit hard to repro

---

you also should follow your RC channel in discord..

Ezcoo - Last Saturday at 8:52 PM
Isn't anyone elses character falling down constantly really? It appears all the time in dev branch to the point that it makes me want to throw my screen out of the window
Run past something -> character falls down
Run towards something -> character falls down
Make a turn -> character falls down
It's like he had drunk a bottle of ouzo! lol

Greenfist - Last Sunday at 7:09 PM
Another minor anim annoyance: 1. stand up, 2. lower weapon, 3. crouch. The weapon will rise by itself. 
Doesn't happen if you're moving.

Frenzi - Last Sunday at 7:36 PM
yet another one: start sprinting (erect, unarmed) then press the prone key -> your character does the front-left sprinting anim before diving to prone(edited)

1° RC 1.60 is running quite stable on my Pentium G4500/GTX 750Ti testing rig and that's great

2° I haven't be able to get back the beautiful moon light at full moon I had previously ... it's ... well ... pitch black.

Perhaps I haven't found the right 'splendid' Visual parameters and that's annoying.

1° RC 1.60 is running quite stable on my Pentium G4500/GTX 750Ti testing rig and that's great

2° I haven't be able to get back the beautiful moon light at full moon I had previously ... it's ... well ... pitch black.

Perhaps I haven't found the right 'splendid' Visual parameters and that's annoying.

No the moon thing is annoyingly how it is now, apparently folks asked for darker' nights so now they're black!

I've had to adapt the mission time of some of my night scenarios, to reproduce the original conditions.

Animation Bugs:

MK18 reload animation when prone and prone adjust down; the trigger hand does not release and move to push forward the charging handle.

Seems fine in adjusted side left/right and sniper sit down. No Mods, always reproducible.

can all the transitions for unarmed get fixed? (forced prone)

like sprint-cross + inventory

like sprint-cross and turn, and double tab w (bit hard to repro

Lot of issues with unnarmed,

Just walking forward (W) both upright or crouched and pressing inventory (I) will initiate the prone > get up > open inventory animation, but close the inventory window, 'dance'.

Another minor anim annoyance: 1. stand up, 2. lower weapon, 3. crouch. The weapon will rise by itself. 
Doesn't happen if you're moving.

Yep seeing these too, though only seeing it with main weapon not pistols.

Isn't anyone elses character falling down constantly really? It appears all the time in dev branch to the point that it makes me want to throw my screen out of the window
Run past something -> character falls down
Run towards something -> character falls down
Make a turn -> character falls down
It's like he had drunk a bottle of ouzo! lol

I don't think being in proximity to objects makes a difference.

Think I've got the repro for this one:

Just after you've started sprinting forward unarmed (W+SHIFT) in my case, press in quick succession = D>S>A or A>S>D.

It make take a while to find the sweet spot for repro, but once you get the knack it should happen every time. It happens unintentionally all the time!

The gamma slider in the configure/video/displayoptions doesn't appear to do anything.  Brightness works, but gamma does not.  Vanilla; no mods enabled.

A couple of movement bugs seem to be back on RC...

Transitioning to unarmed walk from unarmed jog while turning results in going prone

Transitioning to prone while unarmed sprinting results in talking a step to the left a bit

Transitioning to crouch while rifle-lowered standing results in weapon being raised

Transitioning to crouch from rifle-raised standing while turning results in weapon being lowered

Holstering a rifle while prone causes the player to stand up.

executing,

player action["switchWeapon", player, player, 100];  

...on a prone man will reproduce it.

Never mind.

Issue 1: After setting a waypoint, and having multiple locations on map marked, they soon disappear afterwards. I'm it would be nice if the Waypoint could stay a little longer than the rest of them, maybe 8 times longer.

Issue 2: Launcher giving me the Error

We ere unabe to initialize launcher. Launcher will now close.

Reason: [-103] Unknown

My Arma 3 client crashed mid-game on version 1.60.136341 (25-05-2016) RC build.

Here's a link to the Arma report log that was generated.

[...]

Issue 2: Launcher giving me the Error

I also get this error when trying to launch the Arma 3 Launcher or game itself when not signed into Steam. This is easily fixed by making sure your Steam client is logged in prior to running the launcher.

There's an annoying movement animation issue on the RC branch where an unarmed player will dolphin dive into the ground when they walk forwards and turn. See this video for reference.

Jawshy

can you confirm the others in #126 are also not fixed?

Jawshy

can you confirm the others in #126 are also not fixed?

[...]

Assuming same as #134.

[...]

Confirmed. I can reproduce this issue in version 1.60.136341 (25-05-2016) as described.

Frenzi - Last Sunday at 7:36 PM

[...]

Confirmed. I can reproduce this issue in version 1.60.136341 (25-05-2016) as described.

Jawshy

much appreciated! i guess BI has to do some extra hours before the 1.60 release - otherwise BR, KotH, Life and Wasteland players will riot :D

Got a savegame issue - savegame is not visible after crash of the game - on steam workshop missions (so far) i cannot continue gameplaye after "restarted" game - there is no "continue" button, only "play", even when savegame was done before crashing.

Testing rc vanilla no mods.

Mission bis official end game bis server.

Noticed a large drop in frames 60 down to 42. Everytime I went into scope view.

Could be any number of reasons for this. So if any of you are on rc and can check this be appreciated.

No the moon thing is annoyingly how it is now, apparently folks asked for darker' nights so now they're black!

I've had to adapt the mission time of some of my night scenarios, to reproduce the original conditions.

The lack of moon and/or nighttime ambient light affects the Crossing Paths mission of East Wind campaign, as mentioned here:

On a replay of Crossing Paths, everything was normal.  The mission started in total darkness, however, and I had a VERY tough time finding the backpack with the NVG.

Dear BI Devs,

i kindly want to ask what is happening with all the shadows in the new Visual Upgrade/RC .

For your better understanding i will post just two screenshots of it.

First ist the old lighting with all the beautifulness of shadows and a feeling of being in a forest..so in short..it is dark inside of it.
yCUwadM.jpg

Second is the RC lighting which completely messes up everything. No shadows, everything looks pretty ugly and has a feeling of being back in OFP.
It looks like u took out the shadows and just colour the clutter or something. I don´t know if u  want it that way but in my eyes i´m VERY unhappy with it.JfhD98p.jpg

If i see something like this, i´m getting very doubt in releasing things like this without fixing all the shadows.

• Like 7

Unfortunately the new lighting is doing more harm than good to the current maps..

Unfortunately the new lighting is doing more harm than good to the current maps..

Yeah i hate the new lighting, feels too bright now. Maps have a washed out look to them :(

• Like 1

For me the main issue with new lighting is that shadows are drawn way to bright on terrain and terrain only, on any other object, grass, buildings, etc. they're fine.

Dear BI Devs,

i kindly want to ask what is happening with all the shadows in the new Visual Upgrade/RC .

For your better understanding i will post just two screenshots of it.

First ist the old lighting with all the beautifulness of shadows and a feeling of being in a forest..so in short..it is dark inside of it.

Second is the RC lighting which completely messes up everything. No shadows, everything looks pretty ugly and has a feeling of being back in OFP.

It looks like u took out the shadows and just colour the clutter or something. I don´t know if u  want it that way but in my eyes i´m VERY unhappy with it.

If i see something like this, i´m getting very doubt in releasing things like this without fixing all the shadows.

you should check the visual update on Altis and Stratis the maps on which devs are working and not on arma 2 ports where lighting is probably broken.

But i did read on recent devbranch that they added new lighting to old maps etc. hope that will fix it

you should check the visual update on Altis and Stratis the maps on which devs are working and not on arma 2 ports where lighting is probably broken.

But i did read on recent devbranch that they added new lighting to old maps etc. hope that will fix it

This is not an old map buddy ;-)

This is a shot from Taunus.

And u can have a look at Altis/Stratis ...it´s looking the same..but there are no forests so u don´t see this effect this hard.

Honestly I don't think the visual update is ready to released....

the lighting and shadows looks terrible on ported map but its great on altis/stratis...some of u guys need to calibrate your monitor

Severe issue on RC with limping and diving: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T116809

Basically, if you are limping into the water, you will get stuck in place at the moment of transition between walking and swimming. Easy to reproduce

Its not fault of BI DEVS! Te done great job, off course there is allways complains (literally ALLWAYS) but people, use your brain and SATURATION, BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST options, and set HDR to standard. And off course wait for CUP terrains AS YOU REPORT HERE CUP Terrains lighting bug, CUP devs stated they wait for stable branch to fix it, so be patient, and stop writing such stupid complaints. All custom maps will be updated after stable branch i believe.