DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

Bug: shadows are glitched for caps and possibly other hats

Actually shadows seem to be glitched with a lot of other things too (vehicle turrets, player models?, etc). Hope this gets fixed...

Actually shadows seem to be glitched with a lot of other things too (vehicle turrets, player models?, etc). Hope this gets fixed...

Hello,

thanks for the feedback. Would you mind sending us few screenshots of this issue along with info about your Graphics/Video settings? It would help us a lot in order to find what the problem might be and fix it.

Feel free to PM me the screens and the settings should you find it more comfortable.

Thank you

• Like 2

Thanks for the screenshots.

Are you running game with any mods? If so please try to disable them and check it out again. If issue disappears, you can try enabling mods one by one so you can identify which one might be causing these issues.

Verifying the game cache via steam and updating your graphic drivers might help also.

Should you find out which of the mods is causing this, please let me know.

"updating your graphic drivers"

If on NVIDIA, maybe consider downgrading, since the couple newer patches are full of bugs and crashes.

• Like 2

"updating your graphic drivers"

If on NVIDIA, maybe consider downgrading, since the couple newer patches are full of bugs and crashes.

Yeah I haven't updated from 361.91. There has been so much problems in the recent years that I don't update anymore until it's really confirmed that it works.

On Win 10 x64 with a GTX 680 4GB card, the last two NVIDIA WHQL drivers (364.51 and 364.72) kill FPS rate for Arma 3 RC and make the game unstable.  I didn't notice any graphical glitches, however.  Both 361.91 and 362.00 are fine.

I am having a problem with 364.51 and 364.72 WHQL drivers for my GTX 680 with Arma III. When I start A3, FPS is very low, 9-14 FPS, and game is unplayable. I then go to video settings config, and click "Auto-detect settings." Then FPS is high, as usual, most settings on Ultra quality. If I quit game and restart, low FPS again. If I go to video settings when FPS is high, and change a setting, such as for cloud quality, FPS instantly goes low again, and will not return to normal speeds unless I click auto-detect again.

I'm using the last stable driver 362.00 aswell and have no issues. If you are not playing Division or similiar I would not go higher than that.

• Like 1

Switched to 362 after I had 12FPS in Wasteland 2 and 22FPS in War Thunder...

Hopefully they will release a new one Soon or atleast a hotfix.

On Win 10 x64 with a GTX 680 4GB card, the last two NVIDIA WHQL drivers (364.51 and 364.72) kill FPS rate for Arma 3 RC and make the game unstable.  I didn't notice any graphical glitches, however.  Both 361.91 and 362.00 are fine.

Thanks guys for the tip.

Given that I have a GTX 970, I decided to do some testing and after benchmarking...

362 drivers offered 3% increase over 364.72 (95/92 on Stratis & 84/82 on Altis).

Small but significant.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the tip.

Given that I have a GTX 970, I decided to do some testing and after benchmarking...

362 drivers offered 3% increase over 364.72 (95/92 on Stratis & 84/82 on Altis).

Small but significant.

Thank you for benchmarking.  The more people who post issues with the 364 series drivers on the GeForce forums the better.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/927078/geforce-drivers/official-364-72-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-3-28-16-/

I'm on 361.91which were touted as best drivers for arma 3. rc branch ran end game online and showcases smooth.

Don't plan on upgrading drivers anytime soon till there is good enough reason to.

I'm on 361.91which were touted as best drivers for arma 3. rc branch ran end game online and showcases smooth.

Don't plan on upgrading drivers anytime soon till there is good enough reason to.

Maybe but aren't the 362.00 the first driver set that supports the HDAO+ recently released by BI for A3?

Bug: passengers in Zamak fuel, ammo and repair trucks are clipping in their seats

The weapon switching while moving is very well done.  Great job, BI!  :clap:

Did something change in the modules? I have a bunch of custom modules with dropdown menus, which are now blank by default.

In 1.56 they showed the actual default value.

Picture: https://gyazo.com/47bd50b368440cca9d24375a15389751

One part of the config:

class CivilianAttacks
{
displayName="Civilian Attacks";
description="Allows zombies to attack civilian targets.";
typeName="Number";
class values
{
class off {name = "Off"; value = 1;};
class on {name = "On"; value = 2;};
};
};

Is it now, in 1.58, mandatory to add the default = 1; property or is this a bug?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Did something change in the modules? I have a bunch of custom modules with dropdown menus, which are now blank by default.

In 1.56 they showed the actual default value.

Picture: https://gyazo.com/47bd50b368440cca9d24375a15389751

One part of the config:

class CivilianAttacks
{
displayName="Civilian Attacks";
description="Allows zombies to attack civilian targets.";
typeName="Number";
class values
{
class off {name = "Off"; value = 1;};
class on {name = "On"; value = 2;};
};
};

Is it now, in 1.58, mandatory to add the default = 1; property or is this a bug?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I use the default property for my modules, and don't seem to have this problem on RC.

So yeah, I assume it's mandatory.

Yeah I just tested with the default property enabled. It works then.

Weird that BIS decided to change this behaviour between 1.56 and 1.58...oughta be a reason for it?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I think it's actually a bug fix : default values were not working in 1.56.

I think it's actually a bug fix : default values were not working in 1.56.

You sure? They seemed to work just fine. Or are you talking about a potentional error on the 2D editor?

On Win 10 x64 with a GTX 680 4GB card, the last two NVIDIA WHQL drivers (364.51 and 364.72) kill FPS rate for Arma 3 RC and make the game unstable. I didn't notice any graphical glitches, however. Both 361.91 and 362.00 are fine.

New beta hotfix NVIDIA driver was released on April 14 which is supposed to fix the FPS drop for various games present in last 2 WHQL drivers:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/930978/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hot-fix-driver-364-96/post/4858744/#4858744

DOWNLOAD

I have installed it, and so far, the RC runs fine with it, with high FPS as normal.