Announcement:

The project have been retired.

There have been a number of releases with the same agenda as this project i no longer feel the need to push forward with the development.

Mods feel free to remove this thread from the forum

Edited by subroc
  • Like 1

Nice work.mate now that leights opfor has been shut down this will fill.gap nicely, I really hope you can throw in civilians as well makes for an opfor one stop shop. Looking forward for release.

Looking Great! Can't wait, The more factions the better in my opinion! Leads to more variety of missions and more stories to be made. 

Really liking the look of those BMD-2's!

By the way, I noticed the fact you have insurgent factions and "regulars" factions. I was wondering if these regulars would be just more structured than the insurgent factions? Like in the sense that they wear a similar uniform, or similar vehicle camo?

Nice work.mate now that leights opfor has been shut down this will fill.gap nicely, I really hope you can throw in civilians as well makes for an opfor one stop shop. Looking forward for release.

Leights OPFOR mod was shutdown - due to the author using content stolen from other addon makers - no permission was sought.

deathwatch4: Yep that is the plan with regular factions, not sure if i will make regulars for all corresponding insurgentfactions, like Blu/Opf European factions are pretty much covered by RHS already.

Run into a bit of snag tho, RHS have not yet made their armor units compatible with hiddenselectiontexture, so i cant make custom skins yet. The options i have is to:

1. Continue and release but with tanks still in RHS default green texture for all factions (will look a bit silly for ME factions which have a khaki basecolor for all their vehicles

2. Wait with the release until RHS adds hiddenselections to their armor units (Which they´ve said before will come...later)

3. Port own tanks from A2/OA (would be even more correct with old rusty T-55s for insurgents and shiny new T-72/80 for regulars, but this would require alot of work with models and physX which i have no experience of and could result in ugly nonmoving tanks that shoot sideways)

You could just release with RHS with current textures as place holder until RHS decide they want to share, save you a whole lot of time and heart ache, especially from what ive heard about configuring physX. You could always use massi vehicles as an optional config until you can use RHS.

Im retiring this project as there have been a number of releases of projects with the same agenda, bringing new "modern" opfor faction into A3.

Im retiring this project as there have been a number of releases of projects with the same agenda, bringing new "modern" opfor faction into A3.

It's sad to hear this, new opfor factions are always good to see...

I'd love to see this mod continue, but I respect the author's desire not to. I was kind of hoping that the demise of Leight's OPFOR would encourage the further development of Sub Aggressors or Sub Insurgents as they have nice variety and streamlined requirements with RHS. Does anyone know what the other projects are that subroc feels his work was duplicating? I'm trying to find some varied OPFOR with a slightly more modern flavor than that found in Leight's pack.

• Like 1

Iraqi-Syrian Conflict Mod is similar (ish) and is getting updated. IWAR also provides an Islamic faction and Massi's Middle Eastern Conflict mod is pretty good too. I also wish this was still going though as it was really good! 

• Like 1

Those are beautiful mods. The authors are to be commended on the hard work. Sadly, my community doesn't make use of Massi's weapons, which is part of what made Sub-Aggressors so appealing.