-TFP- Bridge.J

Help needed with init eventHandler and textures

EDIT: Ok so I figured it out, had to change

class eventHandlers 
{
     init = "nul = [_this] execVM ""\JTFS_Uniforms\scripts\scr_changeuniforms.sqf""";
};

to this in the config:

class eventHandlers
{
     init = "nul = [(_this select 0)] execVM ""\JTFS_Uniforms\scripts\scr_changeuniforms.sqf""";
};

So apparently this makes a big difference .. oh well I'm just glad it's all working :)

Hi all, so I'm working on a script/change to our addon to allow our mission makers to define our camouflage pattern, so our units read a variable and then change the texture accordingly.

Here's a snippet from my unit config so you guys can see where it fits in:

scope = 2;
displayName = "Sabre 1-0 Squad Leader - Bridge";
faction = "JTFS";
vehicleClass = "JTFS_I_SABRE_D";

icon = "iconManLeader";

class eventHandlers 
{
     init = "nul = [_this] execVM ""\JTFS_Uniforms\scripts\scr_changeuniforms.sqf""";
};

weapons[] = {"JTFS_M4A1_M320", "Laserdesignator", "Put", "Throw"};
respawnWeapons[] = {"JTFS_M4A1_M320", "Laserdesignator", "Put", "Throw"};

And "scr_changeuniforms" is the following:

_unit = _this select 0;

sleep 2; 

if (JTFS_CAMO == "WOODLAND") then {

_unit setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\JTFS_Uniforms\data\jtfs_uniform_m81_1.paa"];

};

So JTFS_CAMO is the variable defined in the init.sqf of the mission... that part works fine.

However the texture does not change when placing the unit, however I can run the exact code from "scr_changeuniforms" (changing _unit to _this of course) in the debug monitor and it works perfectly.

So I'm guessing it's something to do with the init eventhandler but I don't know for sure. Tearing my hair out over this one so would be great if someone could offer some insight.

Cheers,

Bridge