Sign in to follow this  
deespys

Task Module Help

I have used the Task Module's before and have never had a problem.

I want to create multiple tasks at once for all playable units. Every playable unit is on the same side Opfor. 

Before i would place a bunch of Create Task Modules and fill in the information and select it to "All playable Units" . This would allow the different squads to pick which tasks they wanted to do first and so on. 

This no longer works for me it will only create 1 task at a time I have tried to switch the task assignment to Opfor, tried grouping nothing has worked for me  in my latest mission attempt.

Has anyone else had this problem or a suggestion on how to fix or maybe work around?

• Like 1

I have used the Task Module's before and have never had a problem.

I want to create multiple tasks at once for all playable units. Every playable unit is on the same side Opfor. 

Before i would place a bunch of Create Task Modules and fill in the information and select it to "All playable Units" . This would allow the different squads to pick which tasks they wanted to do first and so on. 

This no longer works for me it will only create 1 task at a time I have tried to switch the task assignment to Opfor, tried grouping nothing has worked for me  in my latest mission attempt.

Has anyone else had this problem or a suggestion on how to fix or maybe work around?

For your issue, all the "Create Tasks" modules (Oh also name them properly like tsk1, tsk2, tsk3... and so on) set to "Created" (As you just want them created and not auto assigned) need to be synced with just 1 thing: "Set Task State" module with "succeeded" selected. And that  "Set Task State" module need to be synced to its respective trigger which will decide if task is completed. Do not sync this trigger with anything else. And now since there is an option to choose the side which gets the objective from within the module, you dont need to sync it with player also.

Even if this doesnt work, the best work around which worked for me was setting a trigger with enough radius to cover you on your spawn spot with a countdown 3-5 seconds, activated by your presence "once", and place it right on your self in the editor. Sync this trigger with all the "Create Tasks" modules which we made earlier.  I suggest you use HETMAN and put its triggers on your objective spots. That is the best option for SP imho. Here it is.  :D

I used to use a lot of my brain's precious juices on making SP missions, but HETMAN type of generators make stuff easy. :P  

Made by the same who designed the MANW contest SP runner-up "Pilgrimage". He is blessed with great skills Masha Allah :)

Hope this helps :D

Thanks for your reply.

I have used the task modules before and are very familiar with setting them up.

My question is have BI changed the way task modules work?

Start a new mission place your player. Then place a couple of create task modules. Fill in the info and select "all playable units"

Then I hit preview. When you load in you should have 2 tasks waiting for you. But instead of having 2 only 1 shows up.

Can someone else test before I open a ticket?

Did you give every task a unique ID?

Did you give every task a unique ID?

yes for testing sake they were named 1 and 2 

yes for testing sake they were named 1 and 2 

What is selected under "set task state" in side the create task module? Anyway, I believe best is to take a screenshot and show us here.

And regarding your query about "My question is have BI changed the way task modules work?"

I wont be sure on that. But I too have experience really annoying bugs when working with tasks "if" I wanted them to start since the start. I would still suggest my approach which I mentioned in the old post:

Even if this doesnt work, the best work around which worked for me was setting a trigger with enough radius to cover you on your spawn spot with a countdown 3-5 seconds, activated by your presence "once", and place it right on your self in the editor. Sync this trigger with all the "Create Tasks" modules which we made earlier

What that did was after about 4-5 seconds (as that was my trigger's time) the tasks which I needed to be created or assigned popped up right away. :)