norsk2277

[WIP] HEMTT M1975 - Dry Support Bridge Vehicle

9qQqJ62l.jpg

Introduction:

Hello community! A few months ago i saw the M1975 DSB (Dry Support Bridge) in VBS3 and i wanted it so badly in arma 3 so i decided to make that.

The last 2 months i have been working on the HEMTT DSB vehicle that can deploy a bridge upto 40-46 meters.

I have worked on the high polly version of the vehicle but i still have allot to do. I am using the high poly version to create a detailed low poly version that works in arma 3.

The bridge vehicle will have a customisible bridge length from 28 to maybe maximum 150 meters (Above 46 meters is unrealistic but most rivers on serval maps is above 50 meters wide)

Link to the HEMTT DSB from VBS3:

VFwU4zt.jpg

cqlL1Rq.jpg

FAQ:

• When will it get released? - "When its done!"
  • Will the deployment of the bridge be animated? - "Yes!
Edited by norsk2277
  • Like 10

Freakin Awesome, cant wait!!! Keep it up

This could come in useful for that Flooded Altis mod 

Nothing is sexier than battlefield logistics!

• Like 4

This is a great idea and looking forward to seeing it.

On the subject of fixed bridges are they all indestructible in ARMA 3?

The reason I ask is that I have always struggled to damage or destroy them with demo charges or even tank rounds, yet a bridge would seem an ideal target and of course your mod would seem the ideal solution to replace them also.

Or can fixed bridges be configured for damage/destruction somehow?

I'm pretty sure they're indestructible, seeing as hundreds have tried with multi types of ordnance and seemingly failed. I hope that sometime down the line bridges are updated in a small fix to make them a destructible object. 

Short Sunday update:

Not much have been done but i'm working with the axle and dampers/suspension. I will model most of the undercarriage before i move to the next parts. 

I have not decided when i am going to work on the interior driving cab but probely when i am finished witht he exterior :) I will post more pictures when there is something to show :)

btw: if you guys have any tips or questions then go ahead and ask :)

This is a great idea and looking forward to seeing it.

On the subject of fixed bridges are they all indestructible in ARMA 3?

The reason I ask is that I have always struggled to damage or destroy them with demo charges or even tank rounds, yet a bridge would seem an ideal target and of course your mod would seem the ideal solution to replace them also.

Or can fixed bridges be configured for damage/destruction somehow?

I know in the map United Sahrani or what the name is you can destroy the bridge, but i used all the hydras in the RHS Appache to do that. Idk if other maps support destructable bridges.

Another mod that shows the absolute awesomeness of another thing Arma 3 should have. And here it is. Excellent work on this! I love logistics, and this would be super useful in that respect.

Bridges on Reshman regularly self destruct... this would be a very useful piece of equipment to field

Quick update!

Still working with the undercarriage :P and a few adjustments and detailwork on the axle and i will move on to the next part soon :)

TE2o5ti.jpg

• Like 1

Short update:

Allot to do still :P going to work more on the other objects to complete the high poly version of parts in the model :)

atm i am working on the crane and that is the big thing that sticks upwards.

Perspective View

GRtrggu.jpg

Orthographic view

NXtBNhj.jpg

• Like 6

If you don`t mind me saying so,this looks so well made,it could serve as a base model for a Radar-truck...Just a container and a mast,the radar things inside,

Serious note,will the Crane be useful for anything else,besides of the bridge?  Container Loader? 

Wait are you basing the system off of or as close as you can to what VBS has, because if so ohh **** yes. But either way looks really nice.

Really looking forward to this!

Hi, after a long break im back on track with modelling of the HEMTT.

Keep in mind that this project will still take a long time since i am the only one who is working on the HEMTT + i have a part time job.

If you don`t mind me saying so,this looks so well made,it could serve as a base model for a Radar-truck...Just a container and a mast,the radar things inside,

Serious note,will the Crane be useful for anything else,besides of the bridge?  Container Loader? 

Yea that is possible, but i think somone else is working on the container loader, but the dry support bridge version is based on the M1075 wich can load cointainers and other stuff.

Wait are you basing the system off of or as close as you can to what VBS has, because if so ohh **** yes. But either way looks really nice.

I am trying to get the system as close to the VBS version but it will be a bit diffrent. The model itself is not based of the VBS since the model is not accurate enough from the real HEMTT DSB, i have around 799 files of refrance images of the truck along with manuals showing of how system works and pictures of diffrent parts on the vehicle

• Like 5

I dont know yet, Maybe the PLS wich can load containers but i am not sure yet.

I will have the HEMTT M1975 DSB in woodland and desert skin. I am also considering modelling just a reversing camera on the back of the truck if somone play in first person because the truck is very long and heigh is about 4meters. the screen will be mounted on the windscreen or somewhere else.

The cabin of the HEMTT DSB will be like the real thing, i got allot of pictures of inside the cabin :)

• Like 2

Progress: i have not done so much, another project has taken up most of my time but its slowly getting there.

VFwU4zt.jpg

cqlL1Rq.jpg

• Like 8

i knows its been 6 years so chances of you seeing this comment are low, but has there been any progress made on this? I'm the XO of the Logistics unit for my Taskforce and I would love to get my hands on this if its out and available. I looked on the workshop and couldn't find it