zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

50 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

I'd start with a vanilla server and a vanilla mission...then add one Mod at a time starting with CBA...that will narrow down what Mod is acting up, then run a vanilla liberation mission with the Mods then if that works run your modded mission. Make sure your folder structure is correct...make sure you have a keys folder with the proper keys in it for the Mod. Also you have to do some editing to the server.cfg file to verify signatures.

Check this link for server.cfg info.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

I run mods on my server with modded missions all the time,anymore questions feel free to ask.

My latest port of Liberation was to Thirsk Winter and love it.

Diesel

nope i was right, its CBA its 100% broken/out of date

17 minutes ago, Estron said:

nope i was right, its CBA its 100% broken/out of date

What version are you running. The latest version 3.1.2.161105...haven't had any issues with it here.

Just now, diesel tech jc said:

What version are you running. The latest version 3.1.2.161105...haven't had any issues with it here.

im running version from steam 

15 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

Try getting it from here instead...personally I don't trust steam workshop..had issues with Mods from there in the past...I avoid it like the plague.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/releases

well im to stupid to run a server hell i dont even know what FTP is, im done

17 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

It's not disabled for it to be enabled - if you find it's not working, trying suiciding your guy and then try again. 

did not work look- 

dpurCDs.png

1 hour ago, Estron said:

did not work look- 

dpurCDs.png

its also saying "editing entity is not available". 

Question about the FOB Building...is there anything I can edit to be able to set up the FOB closer to a capture point?

I am not sure where it would be to adjust that,I thought you had to be a certain distance from a captured area but cant find that value.

Diesel

So my latest port of this is to Thirsk Winter and the area I use for the base is pretty minimal and the huron just barely fits safely..I wanted to get the fob box to spawn in at a certain direction so I could get it tucked back into a certain area..I finally found out how to do that.

Go to:   scripts/server/base/startgame.sqf

_fobbox setdir 130;      //sets direction of box when it spawns in.

I rarely use the huron to transport the box I use a script that loads the huron Module on the back of a Hemtt so it can be transported by land and set more accurately when I deploy a FOB. (oh and I cant fly for shit)

Anyone interested in the script for that let me know. (wasn't sure about posting links here)

Getting the direction right where I wanted it took a little time as I had to keep previewing the mission but figured I did all the leg work so I thought I'd share what I figured out and maybe it will help some of you.

Diesel

22 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

Try getting it from here instead...personally I don't trust steam workshop..had issues with Mods from there in the past...I avoid it like the plague.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/releases

Same! Not all mod devs' will update Steam Workshop on the day but usually if they have a forum post somewhere, or a website, that's updated regularly. 

Right now tho, CBA3 on Steam Workshop is perfectly fine. 

15 hours ago, Estron said:

did not work look- 

its also saying "editing entity is not available". 

It's not supposed to work? Not at the main Chimera base anyways. Zeus allows you to use the Zeus interface to buy units and buildings from the same lists as the BUILD option and I'm not even sure if that was properly implemented in the end? I rarely use it anyways. There is a way to unlock it, scroll back a fair few pages and you'll find the code you need and where to put it. 

3 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

Question about the FOB Building...is there anything I can edit to be able to set up the FOB closer to a capture point?

I am not sure where it would be to adjust that,I thought you had to be a certain distance from a captured area but cant find that value.

Diesel

gameplay_constants.sqf

GRLIB_sector_size = 1000;
GRLIB_capture_size = 175;  <--- This value here iirc Diesel. Give it a shot and confirm it pls.

1 hour ago, diesel tech jc said:

So my latest port of this is to Thirsk Winter and the area I use for the base is pretty minimal and the huron just barely fits safely..I wanted to get the fob box to spawn in at a certain direction so I could get it tucked back into a certain area..I finally found out how to do that.

Go to:   scripts/server/base/startgame.sqf

_fobbox setdir 130;      //sets direction of box when it spawns in.

I rarely use the huron to transport the box I use a script that loads the huron Module on the back of a Hemtt so it can be transported by land and set more accurately when I deploy a FOB. (oh and I cant fly for shit)

Anyone interested in the script for that let me know. (wasn't sure about posting links here)

Getting the direction right where I wanted it took a little time as I had to keep previewing the mission but figured I did all the leg work so I thought I'd share what I figured out and maybe it will help some of you.

Diesel

That directional info is extremely helpful to anyone struggling with the LHD being setup on a new map. If you change the direction of the LHD, you need to be doing the same for the box and Huron. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Applejakerie said:

gameplay_constants.sqf GRLIB_sector_size = 1000; GRLIB_capture_size = 175; <--- This value here iirc Diesel. Give it a shot and confirm it pls.

I can confirm that is what I changed and it works great..the small Logistics base I have is sandwiched in between 2 sectors so reducing that worked great and really didn't effect anything else.

I never use the LHD I always start from land so not sure about anything with the LHD except that in the same sqf there is a setDir for the LHD as well.

Diesel

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Floxike said:

So does anyone know how to use the Base Chimera?

The "Base Chimera" is just a marker where you spawn in at the beginning when you load into the mission..the Variable Name has to stay as "base_chimera" but the marker and the Text can be whatever you want it to be. I change the Marker to a Blufor "Maintenance" Marker and the Text as "Logistics Base"

Have you read this article on porting the mission to other maps..gives you a quick rundown on whats needed.

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

3 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

I can confirm that is what I changed and it works great..the small Logistics base I have is sandwiched in between 2 sectors so reducing that worked great and really didn't effect anything else.

I never use the LHD I always start from land so not sure about anything with the LHD except that in the same sqf there is a setDir for the LHD as well.

Diesel

That's good then, the only thing it has changed is how close you need to be to the marker to capture the sector. 

Hey guys, quick question.... Is there a way to keep walls from moving after placing? After every server restart our concrete walls get shifted around and leave undesired gaps and holes. Will using grid mode help remedy this problem?

4 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

The "Base Chimera" is just a marker where you spawn in at the beginning when you load into the mission..the Variable Name has to stay as "base_chimera" but the marker and the Text can be whatever you want it to be. I change the Marker to a Blufor "Maintenance" Marker and the Text as "Logistics Base"

Have you read this article on porting the mission to other maps..gives you a quick rundown on whats needed.

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

I have, it's just that we can't get the LHD to function properly on Chernarus, so I'm wondering how to use Base Chimera instead of the LHD. Plus we used that to change the map and it says nothing on how to setup the Base Chimera instead of LHD.

5 hours ago, Floxike said:

I have, it's just that we can't get the LHD to function properly on Chernarus, so I'm wondering how to use Base Chimera instead of the LHD. Plus we used that to change the map and it says nothing on how to setup the Base Chimera instead of LHD.

Just copy over what is in the base on a vanilla version like the Tanoa port and stick the LHD off in a corner someplace..you can even delete the soldiers at the base if you want except for the "officer" I believe...I leave the officer then delete and/or modify the soldiers left at base. Then just follow that guide its the same as setting up any other mission as far as the base goes except everything surrounding  where the players spawn inside the triggers.

Diesel

6 hours ago, Duane Friedrich Jr said:

Hey guys, quick question.... Is there a way to keep walls from moving after placing? After every server restart our concrete walls get shifted around and leave undesired gaps and holes. Will using grid mode help remedy this problem?

Are you using the "Enable Simulation" and the "Enable Damage" when you place the wall panels,make sure those are both unchecked....also you can set those as "simple objects" so they act more as map objects and therefore don't use resources..especially helpful if you have a lot of objects. They should freeze and ignore input that way.

Diesel

1 minute ago, diesel tech jc said:

Are you using the "Enable Simulation" and the "Enable Damage" when you place the wall panels,make sure those are both unchecked....also you can set those as "simple objects" so they act more as map objects and therefore don't use resources..especially helpful if you have a lot of objects. They should freeze and ignore input that way.

Diesel

Are you talking about building through Zeus? Just vanilla Liberation here. 

10 minutes ago, Duane Friedrich Jr said:

Are you talking about building through Zeus? Just vanilla Liberation here. 

Not through Zues..through the editor when building a base.

2 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

Not through Zues..through the editor when building a base.

No I mean building through the mod in game. Never tried through editor.

So I'm attempting to port Liberation to United Sahrani and followed the instructions in the Liberation Wiki and ran across this hurdle where Chimera is not where I want it to be placed. Did I miss something in the editor?

What it looks like when spawning in Chimera: http://imgur.com/fec47TW

Where Chimera is supposed to be: http://imgur.com/PVhnmxl

How can I change the enemy faction to the zombies from the Zombies and Demons mod? I know there's a way to change factions because I've seen the faction changed to RHS Russians, but I have no idea how to do it. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I have almost zero knowledge of how Arma 3's coding works. 

7 hours ago, OG See OH Zee said:

So I'm attempting to port Liberation to United Sahrani and followed the instructions in the Liberation Wiki and ran across this hurdle where Chimera is not where I want it to be placed. Did I miss something in the editor?

What it looks like when spawning in Chimera: http://imgur.com/fec47TW

Where Chimera is supposed to be: http://imgur.com/PVhnmxl

Looks like you have the ghost_spot out in the middle of nowhere..make sure those 3 triggers/the units/the 3 HC respawn_west and the GameLogic are all on land someplace. And the Base Chimera marker is where it is supposed to be at your base.

18 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

Looks like you have the ghost_spot out in the middle of nowhere..make sure those 3 triggers/the units/the 3 HC respawn_west and the GameLogic are all on land someplace. And the Base Chimera marker is where it is supposed to be at your base.

I just resolved the issue not long ago but thanks.

• Like 1