zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

How do you set it so I use Base Chimera instead of the Atlas LHD? Since I just ported the Mission to Chernarus and the Helicopters etc spawn above the LHD and blow up, and I can't find out how to fix it, This question has been asked before on this thread but I can't find it, since Google doesn't list the damned page number, and I don't have the patience to look through all 82 pages. Could someone please help?

Thanks.

Hey! 

Great mod, I love it, I played it now for hours, however, I have some problems and questions.

1. ACE mod is not working properly. I can`t see what part of my body I need to bandage! In other missions, ACE is working fine for me, so its something to do with this mod.

2. Disable stamina is not working. I set stamina to disable, but there still is stamina! 

3. Playing as Commander, is it possible to spawn AI units in Zeus mode instead of only being able to spawn when you are close to the base?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:50 AM, ziga.cernic4@hotmail.com said:

Hey! 

Great mod, I love it, I played it now for hours, however, I have some problems and questions.

1. ACE mod is not working properly. I can`t see what part of my body I need to bandage! In other missions, ACE is working fine for me, so its something to do with this mod.

2. Disable stamina is not working. I set stamina to disable, but there still is stamina! 

3. Playing as Commander, is it possible to spawn AI units in Zeus mode instead of only being able to spawn when you are close to the base?

Check the ACE Medical Modules you have placed down to be sure they are set up correctly..and be sure to disable FAR Revive in the parameters and use the "Medical Menu" module for ACE.. Not sure about your stamina issue. I think you can set what Zues is able to do with different Zues modules as well.

I just ported this to Everon with the CUP Maps and haven't had any ACE issues in any of my maps.

Diesel

On 20. 12. 2016 at 3:33 AM, diesel tech jc said:

Check the ACE Medical Modules you have placed down to be sure they are set up correctly..and be sure to disable FAR Revive in the parameters and use the "Medical Menu" module for ACE.. Not sure about your stamina issue. I think you can set what Zues is able to do with different Zues modules as well.

I just ported this to Everon with the CUP Maps and haven't had any ACE issues in any of my maps.

Diesel

Thanks!! Disabling FAR Revive worked!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ss9 said:

Any particular reason I'm not seeing the FOB container at mission start?

I'm playing someone's modded version.  Is it possible they made it so I have to cap a bunch of towns before I can get a container?

And I cannot figure out all the items on the side of the hud.  there isn't really anything that says it.

Have you started with "prebuild" FOB, if yes, thats the problem. 

3 hours ago, ss9 said:

I got it.  I think that, and also there may have been a glitch.  Restarted and erased the save and there it was.

Where do I add units and static weapons to the build list?  Mine seem to be empty.  I see where I can changed spawned friendlies and enemies, but not too sure about recruitable.

Check in "classnames_extension.sqf" in the main mission directory...I ported this to Thirsk winter and am doing enemy in the Russians.

Diesel

Does anyone want to make a suggestion for a specific port? - Am ready for another Arma overdose.

Maybe CUP stuff based, Cherna/Takistan with typical units

• Like 1

Playing AJs tanoa version on a local DS maybe someone can clarify. Do ammoboxes no longer spawn? I've set to passive now and it doesn't seem to increase ammo either (or does passive only increase when you capture a training camp / depot as a one off?)

Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yxman said:

Maybe CUP stuff based, Cherna/Takistan with typical units

Nice nice, how about Winter Chern? Typical units. I can get on that tonight, maybe have it ready tomorrow or 24th. 

6 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

Playing AJs tanoa version on a local DS maybe someone can clarify. Do ammoboxes no longer spawn? I've set to passive now and it doesn't seem to increase ammo either (or does passive only increase when you capture a training camp / depot as a one off?)

Thanks

Liberation + Local DS is going to see a fair few issues. Keep in mind that Liberation is pretty resource consuming already. 

Thank God for BI's x64 eh. Should see some massive improvements. 

If you set it to passive they won't spawn, your ammo will just increase periodically depending on the amount of captured villages/towns (more so for more captured, 0 is none captured). If it's not passive and they're not spawning still, double check then get back to me. To be clear, you need to capture a base. Then the ammo boxes should spawn randomly around it, they should also show on the map if you're having trouble finding them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

If you set it to passive they won't spawn, your ammo will just increase periodically depending on the amount of captured villages/towns (more so for more captured, 0 is none captured). If it's not passive and they're not spawning still, double check then get back to me. To be clear, you need to capture a base. Then the ammo boxes should spawn randomly around it, they should also show on the map if you're having trouble finding them. 

Thanks Applejakerie, I've tried both settings, no crates spawn. We have taken the lowest central island (Tuadua) base (although confusingly the map text says to take training grounds and docks, which we have a few of). playtime of around 4 hours since taking it (multiplier x 2)

Thought it might be the mission config file so I've removed it and adjusted the defaults in the pbo, to passive and 50x and in 10 minutes it has given me 67 ammo, does that seem right? what's the normal time period between ammo updates on passive? does the multiplier onpassive just decrease the time between them? I only ask because I don't realty want cheaty massive multiplier values just to get 50 ammo every 500 minutes!

edit: just changed to MP of 10 and it is spawning passive ammo every 15 minutes now. Doesn't tie up with the previous setting but it's working at least and I've found out where to change the other resource values so they aren't touched by the multiplier. 

Getting ammo from destroying vehicles (but again it seems off, reported 20 for an apc and 2 x 10 for prowlers but increased by 70.

Cheers for bringing this mission to tanoa!

Edited by Mr_7
Additional update
  • Like 1

ok so how does one pick factions to face and play as in this mod? i got custom faction i wish to play as but its not working

7 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

Thanks Applejakerie, I've tried both settings, no crates spawn. We have taken the lowest central island (Tuadua) base (although confusingly the map text says to take training grounds and docks, which we have a few of). playtime of around 4 hours since taking it (multiplier x 2)

Thought it might be the mission config file so I've removed it and adjusted the defaults in the pbo, to passive and 50x and in 10 minutes it has given me 67 ammo, does that seem right? what's the normal time period between ammo updates on passive? does the multiplier onpassive just decrease the time between them? I only ask because I don't realty want cheaty massive multiplier values just to get 50 ammo every 500 minutes!

edit: just changed to MP of 10 and it is spawning passive ammo every 15 minutes now. Doesn't tie up with the previous setting but it's working at least and I've found out where to change the other resource values so they aren't touched by the multiplier. 

Getting ammo from destroying vehicles (but again it seems off, reported 20 for an apc and 2 x 10 for prowlers but increased by 70.

Cheers for bringing this mission to tanoa!

The map text is not necessary, honestly it was a previous idea I bunked out of. I was hoping to add more 'story'. I'm gunna revamp that version and PM you a link when I can, or post it here of course. I've not played in quite some time tho, hopped on to check if I could hit 60-80 fps on x64 and couldn't, then again my friend was hosting from 1000+ miles away and my internet is being ---- on top. What I'm saying is that I'm not sure if 67 ammo in 10 minutes is right or not, I'm not sure what the process between the time and the passive resource actually is but if that's 67 every 10 mins with only one or two captured bases, I'd guess that's correct. You're talking 750 odd ammo in 2h gameplay just about. You're not meant to be hitting those figures until you're like, 30-40% of the map or saving. Again, lots of guess work going on here based on what I recall lol, I will get back to you. When you say you changed MP of 10? I don't understand, sorry. If you mean you went from dedicated server to a service server then yea that'd make sense. Lots of bugs show when you're hosting on your clients machine. Some scripts might not run until they read that it's 'full MP'. 

Iirc the multiplier is a resource multiplier not a time decrease between resources given. So you'll still wait 10-15 minutes but you'll see a lot more resources each time. Manpower is good to show you if the resource multiplier is working correctly. I don't remember the numbers but say you start with 100 manpower. You take a village and now you can have up to 125 manpower. If you're on x50 you should start with say 1000 manpower and taking a village might put you up to 1500 manpower. I've got some screenshots here from a server we used for testing with manpower limit at 45000 haha. 

Ammo from vehicles destroyed is the "bounty" option. You should get 10 from light vehicles and 20 from anything above. Not sure why it'd be 70. 

Haha no worries, it was my own personal preference and I ended up passing it on and getting some real nice feedback. Few months back tho the workload became a hassle so I ran and hid on some other games. ;) I'm going to be giving this a lot of time over the next week or so I imagine so hopefully, once I'm a little more readjusted, I can give you all the info/help you need. Feel free to add me on Steam, I just cleaned my friends list, plenty of room. =P

37 minutes ago, Estron said:

ok so how does one pick factions to face and play as in this mod? i got custom faction i wish to play as but its not working

First, do you know how to open the .pbo file using PBO Manager? Once inside that, you'll find classnames_extension.sqf which can be edited to either add units on top of the current, or replace the current units. You can use this file to change your faction entirely, even the useful items such as your HQ structure, your starting helicopter, anything really. Further down, you'll find lists.. 

So say you wanted to change the infantry list in your build menu; you need this; 

infantry_units_overwrite = false;
infantry_units_extension = [

];

If you wanted to *ADD* the units to the current, you'd keep it as 'false' up top and just add your listed units. You can find their classnames in the Eden Editor by placing the unit and hovering. Eden Enhanced is a nice mod to help copy and paste many classnames in one go too. Much credit to those guys for that. Here's an example from my air_vehicles list;

air_vehicles_overwrite = false;
air_vehicles_extension = [
	["FIR_F16C",0,200,40],
	["JS_JC_FA18E",0,350,50],
	["JS_JC_FA18F",0,350,50]
];

Where FIR_F16C is the mod F16-C Fighting Falcon (if I remember correctly), 0 is cost in manpower, 200 is cost in ammunition and 40 is cost in fuel.

JS_JC_FA18E/F I'm sure 99% here know and love lol. Super Hornet. ;) Heard it's got some sync issues with the bombs tho, any confirms on that anyone?

If you wanted the new units to *REPLACE* the current, then you need to change 'false' to 'true' and continue from there in the same way. If you scroll way further down, you'll come across the enemy lists, same process. :)

A warning tho, 1 error, 1 missing syntax, 1 spelling mistake and your mission will not load. If it does, you'll see some missing items on lists at the very least. If you're lucky lol. 

Just to be clear, every entry in these lists needs [ " classname " , manpower , ammunition , fuel ] , (DON'T INCLUDE THE SPACES). The comma at the end is very important it tells the server to keep reading. The end entry in each list should not have a comma this is where the server stops reading that specific list. I feel like I've missed some details but, good luck!=P 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

The map text is not necessary, honestly it was a previous idea I bunked out of. I was hoping to add more 'story'. I'm gunna revamp that version and PM you a link when I can, or post it here of course. I've not played in quite some time tho, hopped on to check if I could hit 60-80 fps on x64 and couldn't, then again my friend was hosting from 1000+ miles away and my internet is being ---- on top. What I'm saying is that I'm not sure if 67 ammo in 10 minutes is right or not, I'm not sure what the process between the time and the passive resource actually is but if that's 67 every 10 mins with only one or two captured bases, I'd guess that's correct. You're talking 750 odd ammo in 2h gameplay just about. You're not meant to be hitting those figures until you're like, 30-40% of the map or saving. Again, lots of guess work going on here based on what I recall lol, I will get back to you. When you say you changed MP of 10? I don't understand, sorry. If you mean you went from dedicated server to a service server then yea that'd make sense. Lots of bugs show when you're hosting on your clients machine. Some scripts might not run until they read that it's 'full MP'. 

Iirc the multiplier is a resource multiplier not a time decrease between resources given. So you'll still wait 10-15 minutes but you'll see a lot more resources each time. Manpower is good to show you if the resource multiplier is working correctly. I don't remember the numbers but say you start with 100 manpower. You take a village and now you can have up to 125 manpower. If you're on x50 you should start with say 1000 manpower and taking a village might put you up to 1500 manpower. I've got some screenshots here from a server we used for testing with manpower limit at 45000 haha. 

Haha no worries, it was my own personal preference and I ended up passing it on and getting some real nice feedback. Few months back tho the workload became a hassle so I ran and hid on some other games. ;) I'm going to be giving this a lot of time over the next week or so I imagine so hopefully, once I'm a little more readjusted, I can give you all the info/help you need. Feel free to add me on Steam, I just cleaned my friends list, plenty of room. =P

I looked at the resource script. Passive is a time based one 4800 ticks / Multiplier (and some other variables) the fuel and manpower are straight up base levels multiplied by the value set so the multiplier is working. I just wanted something that gave ammo but didn't require you to play for a long time as we tend to do hour sessions and for whatever reason it wasnt giving us any (assume it must reset the clock when we leave).

MP i meant multiplier, sorry for the confusion. I've run the altos liberation and antistasi from my machine as a DS and it runs better than if I host it myself (or use my cruddy old pc as a server...)

If you are going to do some work on it, can you consider adding in an ear plug script? (was thinking of doing it myself if i can work out how) I know the mission has a vehicle volume but it doesnt affect drones. Antistasi has it built into the End button.

Will add you on steam in a bit cheers!

• Like 1

Ah okay, that's something I never looked into honestly. Never had any issues and my scripting knowledge is a 'what I need to know' basis haha.

Oh of course. I had some issues on DS with regards to some scripts never init' properly.

I can do that. The vehicle one always bugged me too as it's not just inside the vehicle that's the struggle. Always annoying trying to hear TS when your mates flying just above you. 

Sounds good mate. 

For the record, I'm going to do Winter Cherno with typical units and I'm going to revamp Tanoa. I won't take any more suggestions till those are done as that's what killed it for me last time but if anyone has anything to add to either of those, ideas or whatnot, feel free.

28 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

Ammo from vehicles destroyed is the "bounty" option. You should get 10 from light vehicles and 20 from anything above. Not sure why it'd be 70. 

First, do you know how to open the .pbo file using PBO Manager? Once inside that, you'll find classnames_extension.sqf which can be edited to either add units on top of the current, or replace the current units. You can use this file to change your faction entirely, even the useful items such as your HQ structure, your starting helicopter, anything really. Further down, you'll find lists.. 

So say you wanted to change the infantry list in your build menu; you need this; 

infantry_units_overwrite = false;
infantry_units_extension = [

];

If you wanted to *ADD* the units to the current, you'd keep it as 'false' up top and just add your listed units. You can find their classnames in the Eden Editor by placing the unit and hovering. Eden Enhanced is a nice mod to help copy and paste many classnames in one go too. Much credit to those guys for that. Here's an example from my air_vehicles list;

air_vehicles_overwrite = false;
air_vehicles_extension = [
	["FIR_F16C",0,200,40],
	["JS_JC_FA18E",0,350,50],
	["JS_JC_FA18F",0,350,50]
];

Where FIR_F16C is the mod F16-C Fighting Falcon (if I remember correctly), 0 is cost in manpower, 200 is cost in ammunition and 40 is cost in fuel.

JS_JC_FA18E/F I'm sure 99% here know and love lol. Super Hornet. ;) Heard it's got some sync issues with the bombs tho, any confirms on that anyone?

If you wanted the new units to *REPLACE* the current, then you need to change 'false' to 'true' and continue from there in the same way. If you scroll way further down, you'll come across the enemy lists, same process. :)

A warning tho, 1 error, 1 missing syntax, 1 spelling mistake and your mission will not load. If it does, you'll see some missing items on lists at the very least. If you're lucky lol. 

Just to be clear, every entry in these lists needs [ " classname " , manpower , ammunition , fuel ] , (DON'T INCLUDE THE SPACES). The comma at the end is very important it tells the server to keep reading. The end entry in each list should not have a comment as this is where the server stops reading that specific list. I feel like I've missed some details but, good luck!=P 

where do i put this .pbo file for it to work on my server?

That kinda depends on the server setup.. Paid for servers usually have a 'missions' folder and in the config file you'd point out which mission you wanted to play. 

You're better off trying a search term in Google or finding some guides, been some time since I messed with servers.

Or I'm sure someone else can point it out?

3 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

That kinda depends on the server setup.. Paid for servers usually have a 'missions' folder and in the config file you'd point out which mission you wanted to play. 

You're better off trying a search term in Google or finding some guides, been some time since I messed with servers.

Or I'm sure someone else can point it out?

ok but how u undisable zues?

It's not disabled for it to be enabled - if you find it's not working, trying suiciding your guy and then try again. 

• Like 2

anyone have exp. with custom modded servers for liberation, for some reason it wont take my "signed" mod and edited liberation game type i have no idea what im doing wrong

the only thing i can think of is CBA is broken

41 minutes ago, Estron said:

anyone have exp. with custom modded servers for liberation, for some reason it wont take my "signed" mod and edited liberation game type i have no idea what im doing wrong

the only thing i can think of is CBA is broken

I'd start with a vanilla server and a vanilla mission...then add one Mod at a time starting with CBA...that will narrow down what Mod is acting up, then run a vanilla liberation mission with the Mods then if that works run your modded mission. Make sure your folder structure is correct...make sure you have a keys folder with the proper keys in it for the Mod. Also you have to do some editing to the server.cfg file to verify signatures.

Check this link for server.cfg info.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

I run mods on my server with modded missions all the time,anymore questions feel free to ask.

My latest port of Liberation was to Thirsk Winter and love it.

Diesel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Estron said:

where do i put this .pbo file for it to work on my server?

Just an FYI..Mission .pbos go in the "mpmissions" folder in the root of the server.

• Like 1