zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Does anyone have a unmodified (vanilla) & working tanoa conversion ?

I have some issues with mine... dedicated server comes up without errors, Players can select a slot, mission starts, screen gets black and thats it. Sound is there but everyone is stuck in a black screen until the server shuts down (session lost) or quit ArmA with ALT+F4. :(

Does anyone have a unmodified (vanilla) & working tanoa conversion ?

I have some issues with mine... dedicated server comes up without errors, Players can select a slot, mission starts, screen gets black and thats it. Sound is there but everyone is stuck in a black screen until the server shuts down (session lost) or quit ArmA with ALT+F4. :(

I have a heavily modified one (build lists and pacific CSAT units and Syndikat as enemies) that I ported over to Tanoa that works just fine in every way, except for the first FOB not being built even if the option for it to be pre-placed is enabled

The problem you're having sounds more like a mod issue if youre 200% sure you ported everything the right way

Trying to restrict structures building to host/commander only,

want to make simple way like check player uid / isServer

tried in "do_build.sqf" changing 

if (buildtype == 6 )

to 

if (buildtype == 6 && isServer == "True" ) it brakes building completely

also to 

if (buildtype == 6 && GetPlayerUID == "myid" ) same result

please advice

Greuh_Lib0924_AJ_blu.Tanoa

This is Liberation 0.924 I ported to Tanoa. Like vastiny mentioned, the pre-set FOB does not work on this map yet. Make sure you adapt the whitelist.sqf and the mission_param.sqf. The first is to allow players to use the Commander role, that has access to the support system. The second is the default parameters (I set mine for testing so you may wanna set some stuff back).

• Like 3

This is Liberation 0.924 I ported to Tanoa. Like vastiny mentioned, the pre-set FOB does not work on this map yet. Make sure you adapt the whitelist.sqf and the mission_param.sqf. The first is to allow players to use the Commander role, that has access to the support system. The second is the default parameters (I set mine for testing so you may wanna set some stuff back).

Is this different than the vers. U gave the link to (me) a couple weeks ago?

A few fixes and changes but yes, the same mission theme. I was posting it for gwiddick.

.....snip........

to 

if (buildtype == 6 && isServer == "True" ) it brakes building completely

.....snip.......

You do not need to put the ==true for a boolean test. The variable, or in this case isServer, is the test.

E.g.

Isserver is the same as a check for is true or false

!Isserver is the same as not true or not false.

You are also trying to compare a boolean to a string which is why that didn't work.

Use -showscripterrors parameter in your arma startup you will have seen this is where your attempt failed.

Try

if (buildtype isEqualTo 6 && isServer) then....{}
  • Like 2

Someone has done it:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183734-mpcti-coop-liberation-beta/?p=2910584

And I'm close to it, like I said, you just spawn in the water, instead of on the flight deck.

I'm guessing it's an altitude setting for the marker?

Yes I did, the following code just looks for LHD addon and if so then still uses all the same stuff on Nimitz, just place the Nimtz in mission, then I just modify the offsets for spawning that already exist. Then manually adjust all your LHD Deck items as needed in editor.

atlas_manager.sqf

if ( _isAtlas ) then {

//Vengeance

//[ lhd, [ 'ATLAS_LHD_1','ATLAS_LHD_2','ATLAS_LHD_3','ATLAS_LHD_4','ATLAS_LHD_5','ATLAS_LHD_5a',

//'ATLAS_LHD_6','ATLAS_LHD_7','ATLAS_LHD_house_1','ATLAS_LHD_house_2','ATLAS_LHD_elev_1',

//'ATLAS_LHD_elev_2','ATLAS_LHD_Light2','ATLAS_LHD_Int_1','ATLAS_LHD_Int_2','ATLAS_LHD_Int_3' ] ]

//execVM "ATLAS_Water\scripts\large_object_attach.sqf";

//[ lhd ] execVM "ATLAS_WAter\LHD\scripts\initlights.sqf";

//lhd hideObject true;

huron_manager.sqf

//Vengeance            

//huron setposasl [(getpos lhd select 0) -9, (getpos lhd select 1) + 62, (18.5   + (getposasl lhd select 2))];

huron setposasl [(getpos lhd select 0) +25, (getpos lhd select 1) -20, (18.5   + (getposasl lhd select 2))];

start_game.sqf

//_fobbox setposasl [(getpos lhd select 0) + 10, (getpos lhd select 1) + 62, (18.5   + (getposasl lhd select 2))];

_fobbox setposasl [(getpos lhd select 0) + 20, (getpos lhd select 1) + 0, (18.5   + (getposasl lhd select 2))];

Thanks mate. I 'll give it a try. Appreciate it.

You do not need to put the ==true for a boolean test. The variable, or in this case isServer, is the test.

E.g.

Isserver is the same as a check for is true or false

!Isserver is the same as not true or not false.

You are also trying to compare a boolean to a string which is why that didn't work.

Use -showscripterrors parameter in your arma startup you will have seen this is where your attempt failed.

Try

if (buildtype isEqualTo 6 && isServer) then....{}

Thanks man you helped alot! got it working!!

to make only host place structures added in do_build.sqf:

if (buildtype isEqualTo 6 && !isServer) then {build_invalid = 1};

EDIT: no one can't build FOB now, will update when solved

zbug, not to shit on your parade or anything (I read the license file :P ). But is it possible to take out the respawn system and the building system? I want to merge them with LanmanCZ's Battlezone mission because I personally feel that I like the more randomized and more sandbox-y gameplay of that, but also think that the loadout management system in this is pure awesome, and the building system would be a nice addition aswell

@KilrBe3 & @Jus61 I've noticed the support system doesn't always show (work) even though it is synced to the Commander unit. Know of any way to kick it back into action of sorts? Relogging and respawning don't seem to help.

@KilrBe3 & @Jus61 I've noticed the support system doesn't always show (work) even though it is synced to the Commander unit. Know of any way to kick it back into action of sorts? Relogging and respawning don't seem to help.

Ditch it for a script version off Armaholic of a JTAC / Air Support script. There quite a few out there with a nice GUI and script now a days.

Give up on the Support Module.. that thing breaks like a Honda.. lol

• Like 1

I hope you guys will be able to help me (Sorry for my english in advance)

I know this mission it's intended to be played as MP scenario, but i couldn't convince any of my friends to buy arma :( and almost all the servers are hosting the Tanoa version, wich i don't have.

So i would like to play this mostly as a SP, here's the problem:

I can manage to get cities, radio towers and factories but the Military Camps are a nightmare, best i can do is recruit like 9 AT guys and hope for the best but i usually fail.

Any tips you can give me? This is the best mission i'v run into so far, i really like the concept of taking cities keep them and all the others features this mission offer and it would be really sad for me not being able to play this as i would like to.

I know we can add ALIVE to help SP with CAS and stuff but i'm not the right person to do it (Never Opened editor so far)

I know i could jump into a MP servers but yes, my english is bad, i can understand it but will not be my best experience imho, getting into a community of players who all understand each others and probably know them since they play toghether for a long time it's not the easist thing to do.

So what's the best things i can do for improve the SP experience of this awesome mission?

thanks to everyone who will lost some minutes to reply this, i know it's kinda of a weird answer but well....i love this mission so bad :P

Hey Vicashh! 

If you're interested my server is very friendly and you don't need Apex to join. BluFor are a mix of US and UK, it's across Chernarus and OpFor consists of the ChDKZ and the Russian Federation.

There are some mods, if you don't mind installing those. Nothing too crazy but it's somewhat a list, so PM me if you're interested. You're English is no problem. 

I can also offer some tips on making it easier in SP, like explain how to limit the spawns but those bases will always be somewhat difficult for 1 person and his AI.

• Like 2

Hello, 

I would really appreciate a reply to this, as me and my friend really want to play this mission. I am playing on the same server as Stbonkers88, who posted earlier and no one got back to him, we are playing on a dedicated server, with LAN, using Hamachi, and we are having a big game breaking bug, but we have noticed other people haven't been suffering it, we have a big issue, where either military bases, or towns, or even both, constantly re spawn their garrison straight after me and my friend take them out, and move in, or we have times where we advance on the town and the place is empty, the bar is fully blue, then all of a sudden 3 technicals and a load of infantry spawn in, and kill us, or at a military base, about 3 BTRs and 2 MRAPs re spawn along with infantry, same thing happens when we halo jump, we enter, place is empty, then boom they come and kill us by insta popping in. We are very frustrated, and really want to play the mission, so far we have only been able to capture a radio tower as they are the only things that don't re spawn things. Is it something we have wrong in our settings? Is it because we are using Hamachi or LAN? or is the mission programmed in this way? We think its highly unlikely, as its impossible to capture something when they re spawn after killing all of them, or just half of them, or the place is empty and they suddenly spawn in.

Here is the screenshot once again of our settings: 

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=728739004

Please, can someone come back to us with any suggestions, or possible fixes. My friend doesn't have the Apex so we can't do the Tanoa mission. 

Thank you in advance,

NightBeauty

Hello, 

I would really appreciate a reply to this, as me and my friend really want to play this mission. I am playing on the same server as Stbonkers88, who posted earlier and no one got back to him, we are playing on a dedicated server, with LAN, using Hamachi, and we are having a big game breaking bug, but we have noticed other people haven't been suffering it, we have a big issue, where either military bases, or towns, or even both, constantly re spawn their garrison straight after me and my friend take them out, and move in, or we have times where we advance on the town and the place is empty, the bar is fully blue, then all of a sudden 3 technicals and a load of infantry spawn in, and kill us, or at a military base, about 3 BTRs and 2 MRAPs re spawn along with infantry, same thing happens when we halo jump, we enter, place is empty, then boom they come and kill us by insta popping in. We are very frustrated, and really want to play the mission, so far we have only been able to capture a radio tower as they are the only things that don't re spawn things. Is it something we have wrong in our settings? Is it because we are using Hamachi or LAN? or is the mission programmed in this way? We think its highly unlikely, as its impossible to capture something when they re spawn after killing all of them, or just half of them, or the place is empty and they suddenly spawn in.

Here is the screenshot once again of our settings: 

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=728739004

Please, can someone come back to us with any suggestions, or possible fixes. My friend doesn't have the Apex so we can't do the Tanoa mission. 

Thank you in advance,

NightBeauty

I am a novice as well, but I can tell you that there is instance with this mission, that if u cross hostile territory on your  way to the AO, thingds such as this will happen.

Some cooldown is required for resistance spwaning, so they spawn correct towns,  and spawning will not occur if you have alerted several towns at once. ;)

As commander bottom left of map shows AI and vehicle counts. You may have hit the cap. It has HC also if you have one or more running. As dvdbrewsterms said when you cross enemy territory it spawns AI and you have to leave them alone for a while to reduce the counts.

When you enter a town and no more ai can spawn you get a hint top right of screen. Not sure of the cool down for this in time though.

Had the very same issues over the weekend with random players on the opposite side of the map triggering a lot of major towns.

Hello everyone! Glad to be a part of the community finally!

I have just recently started my own server and have learned much over these last few days but do realize I have oh-so-much to learn still! This area does quite interest me so I do look forward to more research!

In my efforts to setup my mission on the server, I ran into a problem. Specifically, what I am trying to do is to edit the loadouts that OPFOR units get when they spawn! I believe I have managed to setup the AI loadout files in the way they should be configured. Please review one of my my examples, in this case, for rifleman.sqf:

_unit = __unit select 0;

removeAllWeapons _unit;
removeAllItems _unit;
removeAllAssignedItems _unit;
removeVest _unit;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeHeadgear _unit;
removeGoggles _unit;

sleep 0.5;

_unit forceAddUniform "U_I_CombatUniform";
_unit addItemToUniform "FirstAidKit";
for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {_unit addItemToUniform "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";};
_unit addVest "V_TacVest_camo";
_unit addItemToVest "1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell";
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {_unit addItemToVest "SmokeShell";};
for "_i" from 1 to 6 do {_unit addItemToVest "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer";};
_unit addItemToVest "HandGrenade";
_unit addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_dgtl";
_unit addItemToBackpack "IEDLandBig_Remote_Mag";
_unit addItemToBackpack "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Mag";
_unit addHeadgear "H_MilCap_dgtl";

_unit addWeapon "arifle_Katiba_F";
_unit addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_ACO_grn";
_unit addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F";

_unit linkItem "ItemMap";
_unit linkItem "ItemCompass";
_unit linkItem "ItemWatch";
_unit linkItem "ItemRadio";
_unit linkItem "NVGoggles_INDEP";

Now I think I got it nailed down, but in my testing, what I am noticing is it looks like another loadout is being generated on top of the loadout that i had specified for the unit, so in essence, it appears they are wearing two sets of clothing which is causing for a really buggy experience. I review all relevant RPT files with no indication of what it could be. Any suggestions you guys can offer? In addition to this, I'd also like to edit the loadouts that are generated when a player builds an AI unit for their squad. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! Glad to be a part of the community finally!

I have just recently started my own server and have learned much over these last few days but do realize I have oh-so-much to learn still! This area does quite interest me so I do look forward to more research!

In my efforts to setup my mission on the server, I ran into a problem. Specifically, what I am trying to do is to edit the loadouts that OPFOR units get when they spawn! I believe I have managed to setup the AI loadout files in the way they should be configured. Please review one of my my examples, in this case, for rifleman.sqf:

_unit = __unit select 0;

removeAllWeapons _unit;
removeAllItems _unit;
removeAllAssignedItems _unit;
removeVest _unit;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeHeadgear _unit;
removeGoggles _unit;

sleep 0.5;

_unit forceAddUniform "U_I_CombatUniform";
_unit addItemToUniform "FirstAidKit";
for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {_unit addItemToUniform "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";};
_unit addVest "V_TacVest_camo";
_unit addItemToVest "1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell";
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {_unit addItemToVest "SmokeShell";};
for "_i" from 1 to 6 do {_unit addItemToVest "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer";};
_unit addItemToVest "HandGrenade";
_unit addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_dgtl";
_unit addItemToBackpack "IEDLandBig_Remote_Mag";
_unit addItemToBackpack "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Mag";
_unit addHeadgear "H_MilCap_dgtl";

_unit addWeapon "arifle_Katiba_F";
_unit addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_ACO_grn";
_unit addWeapon "hgun_Rook40_F";

_unit linkItem "ItemMap";
_unit linkItem "ItemCompass";
_unit linkItem "ItemWatch";
_unit linkItem "ItemRadio";
_unit linkItem "NVGoggles_INDEP";

Now I think I got it nailed down, but in my testing, what I am noticing is it looks like another loadout is being generated on top of the loadout that i had specified for the unit, so in essence, it appears they are wearing two sets of clothing which is causing for a really buggy experience. I review all relevant RPT files with no indication of what it could be. Any suggestions you guys can offer? In addition to this, I'd also like to edit the loadouts that are generated when a player builds an AI unit for their squad. Thanks in advance!

Fixed.

In the top portion of the loadout files, I had _unit = __unit select 0;

Instead, the top portion should have read _unit = _this select 0;

I hope this can help someone in the future!

Also, can anyone tell me how to edit the friendly AI loadouts for Liberation? Got the enemy AI nailed down good, just now need to figure out where to find the files to edit the friendly AI? I scoured the main mission files and also looked to see if I could find anything in the editor to no avail. Does anyone have any idea where I can find the friendly AI loadouts and edit them accordingly?

Thanks so much for all your help!

P.S. Also, for these lines: for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {_unit addItemToVest "SmokeShell";};    I discovered that there needs to be a space between the { and the _ symbols.

I am a novice as well, but I can tell you that there is instance with this mission, that if u cross hostile territory on your  way to the AO, thingds such as this will happen.

Some cooldown is required for resistance spwaning, so they spawn correct towns,  and spawning will not occur if you have alerted several towns at once. ;)

As commander bottom left of map shows AI and vehicle counts. You may have hit the cap. It has HC also if you have one or more running. As dvdbrewsterms said when you cross enemy territory it spawns AI and you have to leave them alone for a while to reduce the counts.

When you enter a town and no more ai can spawn you get a hint top right of screen. Not sure of the cool down for this in time though.

Had the very same issues over the weekend with random players on the opposite side of the map triggering a lot of major towns.

Thank you for the replies, so what exactly do we have to do, to stop this issue? We leave the carrier in a chopper, land on the edge of the Altis island, (Near Vikos Base), we take the radio tower, no issues, then pushing to the military base or town, constantly insta pops enemies after most are dead, doesn't matter whether it be the town or the base, they both re spawn stuff, we haven't attacked both at the same time before.  is this a bug or a instance like you said? And if so, whats the tactic we have to take to win this thing? Thanks so far! ;)

Edited by NightBeauty

Is there anywhere to configure the proximity you can build to captureable sectors?

I know about the number to configure how far away from the FOB you can build but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for

Is there anywhere to configure the proximity you can build to captureable sectors?

I know about the number to configure how far away from the FOB you can build but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for

Vastiny,

I believe the value that will need to be changed for that is in the gameplay_constants.sqf file. I know that "GRLIB_fob_range = 125;" is the distance of how far away in meters you can use the build menu from the FOB, maybe "GRLIB_capture_size = 175;" is the value you are looking for? 

Vastiny,

I believe the value that will need to be changed for that is in the gameplay_constants.sqf file. I know that "GRLIB_fob_range = 125;" is the distance of how far away in meters you can use the build menu from the FOB, maybe "GRLIB_capture_size = 175;" is the value you are looking for? 

Thank you :)  I'll experiment with the capture size number and see what happens

Increasing the fob range number doesn't work out very well because it seems to dynamically also increase the distance from zones you can build FOBs if you alter that number which is strange

I noted that normally you can't build an FOB within 300m of a zone, when I decreased the FOB range by 125m it seems to set the zone range at 475m for some reason

Hi, Newbie here. Has anyone got a link or explanation on how to change CSAT/Independent/NATO to RHS factions? i really dont want to go through 79 pages of work. Also is there any way to change/add to the list of vehicles you can spawn in? I have a PBO reader/extractor i just need to know where to look or what to download. 

Cheers  :)  :)