zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

you should join the discord.

Some people there already use Liberation with Alive and they'll be happy to help.

https://discord.gg/bpPUU48

Hello, is there anyway to disable the "Join & How to play" dialogue box that appears when the game starts? Thanks in advance.

[WarFighter] Liberation

New updates to Liberation coming out later this month with some pretty hefty changes. Currently, our community is doing a play thru to test and fix bugs. The current Change Log is below:

• Added: Static Weapon Compositions to all Sectors.
  • Added: Static Line Paradrop in place of HALO for players and friendly AI.
  • Added: New Sector Types, Road Blocks, Defensive Blocking Positions, SAM Sites, AAA Sites, HeadQuarters, and more.
  • Added: New types of non sector events like Enemy Ambushes, Patrols, and more.
  • Adapted: Ambient Boat Spawning. (Mainly designed for UnSung but will work without the addon)
  • Added: Detection of other addon(s) to automagically switch out arsenal preset equipment and medicine(s).
  • Added: AI Medical system that allows AI medics and soldiers to provide medical treatment to players and AI alike.

16 hours ago, eric963 said:

Is there any type of penalty for killing civillians?

It depends on which version you are playing. It was taken out in KP_Liberation, if that is what you are playing. It is a parameter in [GREUH] Liberation so it can be turned off and on.

Until 0.94 it's still available.

Since 0.95 it's removed due to the incompatibility with the new resources system.

In 0.96 there will be the feature implementation of hearts & minds / civil reputation. After that there will be much more "penalty" for killing civilians etc.

Thx, will continue in the "continue thread".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

Anyone worried that the KP Liberation branch is pushing away from realism should stay tuned as this is opposite of the truth, real progress takes scheduled and detailed work. Otherwise you'll end up so far with no possibility of progressing further and a million bugs to contend with. In fact, realism is one of the key points that will be a huge part of the new AI overhaul coming later. Whilst this thread is outdated now, I'm happy to pop back and post feedback concerning a roadmap and current works, we also have a working Wiki with in-game information for all players, important hints and config file explanations for server admins, developer based content to help those wanting to get involved or create their own versions and a constantly growing FAQ including details from why your mission might not be working, way through to how you can edit certain parts to your liking, including and not limited to, FOB build limits concerning nearby sectors as well as Zeus edits concerning the locked UI - these are all safe and detailed edits.

Happy playing.

• Like 1

I'm looking for a new AI system to run with Liberation as the default ARMA AI are super dumb, can anyone recommend one?

4 hours ago, havoc302 said:

I'm looking for a new AI system to run with Liberation as the default ARMA AI are super dumb, can anyone recommend one?

I think vCOM AI is quite good, I recommend taking the script version and dropping it directly into the mission folder. 

Place the VCOMAI and the userconfig folders directly into the root of the mission folder. 

Add:

[] execVM "VCOMAI\init.sqf";

above:

[] execVM "GREUH\scripts\GREUH_activate.sqf";

inside the init.sqf file at the root of the mission folder.

In the userconfig folder, open that AISettingsV2.hpp file and find this line:

VCOM_SideBasedExecution = [WEST,EAST,RESISTANCE];

then remove WEST to avoid bugs.

Happy playing. :))

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

I think vCOM AI is quite good, I recommend taking the script version and dropping it directly into the mission folder. 

Place the VCOMAI and the userconfig folders directly into the root of the mission folder. 

Add:

[] execVM "VCOMAI\init.sqf";

above:

[] execVM "GREUH\scripts\GREUH_activate.sqf";

inside the init.sqf file at the root of the mission folder.

In the userconfig folder, open that AISettingsV2.hpp file and find this line:

VCOM_SideBasedExecution = [WEST,EAST,RESISTANCE];

then remove WEST to avoid bugs.

Happy playing. :))

Awesome thanks heaps, do I need to replace any of the calls in the mission where it calls for AI creation? Like battlegroups etc?

5 hours ago, havoc302 said:

Awesome thanks heaps, do I need to replace any of the calls in the mission where it calls for AI creation? Like battlegroups etc?

No problem and no not at all. :) The script runs on a "all within selected sides, currently on the playing field" basis if I'm not mistaken. Obviously it's not my script but I have used it before with little issue, aside for where prisoners wouldn't react and friendlies wouldn't board vehicles properly. By removing the "WEST" from SideBasedExecution you shouldn't run into either of those issues as it'll only execute on "EAST" AI. :)

[WarFighter] Liberation - Continued Realistic Enhancements of the already great [GREUH] Liberation.

We are doing a final play thru this weekend, bug fixes next week and should release on schedule. Thanks to everyone that has helped with code, scripts, testing and more. We are waiting for an update on sams/aaa sites so that might not make it this week. It is working but there are just a few bugs that need worked out with sam sites.

ChangeLog Current version : 0.95 BETA

• Fixed: AI not being able to turn and engage while strongpointing a building. Buildings are once again a deadly place.
  • Fixed: AI's ability to cover more area in a sector has been enhanced/fixed.
  • Added: Static Weapon Compositions to all Sectors. 
  • Added: Static Line Paradrop in place of HALO for players and friendly AI.
  • Added: New Sector Types, Road Blocks, Defensive Blocking Positions, SAM Sites, AAA Sites, HeadQuarters, and more.
  • Added: New types of non sector events like Enemy Ambushes, Static Positions, and more.
  • Added: Detection of other addon(s) to automagically switch out arsenal preset equipment and medicine(s).
  • Adapted: Ambient Boat Spawning.
  • Adapted: AI Medical System that allows AI medics and soldiers to provide medical treatment to players and AI alike. System disables when it detects [ACE]

Is there anyway to enable full zues mode with liberation v.924? I've recently had full zues mode enabled on two different liberation v.955 and would like to do the same with my liberation v.924 map but copying my mission.sqm file and the zeus_synchro.sqf from my v.955 to v.924 does not work.

Thanks Wyqer. Sorry I didn't mention that I had tried that already and what the question should have been was where is this value that needs to be changed from 0 to 3 located at in the v.924 mission.sqm file. I've tried searching for many different parts of the code listed on the wiki page but can't find any of it in the mission.sqm file in v.924 pbo file. I can find the code that needs to be changed in the v.924 zeus_synchro.sqf and can change that, but I just can't find any of that code listed on the wiki in the v.924 mission.sqm file. That is why I ended up just copying those two files from v.955 to my v.924 pbo file.

Edited by Stealther
Missing info added.

Line 129 in the 924 mission.sqm

or search for: typeName="Addons";

• Like 1

Thanks that worked. Could you let me know where the parameters are located that control the secondary missions costs? There is an entry for it in the gameplay_constants.sqf but changing those values does nothing in any map I've tried to adjust. The values just stay the same so I'm assuming they are actually controlled by another parameter in another file but I have not been able to find them.

in 924 the gameplay_constants.sqf is right with the GRLIB_secondary_missions_costs array.

concerning costs you've only these two files beside of the gameplay_constants.sqf:

• \scripts\client\ui\secondary_ui.sqf
  • \scripts\server\remotecall\start_secondary_remote_call.sqf
  • Like 1

Thanks, neither one of the those files show the values only the gameplayconstants file does and those values are already changed by me but still in the game the values are 10,10,10, not what I have it changed to. All of the previous PBO files have been the same when in the game the values can be the same as the gameplayconstants are not but changing those values does not change anything in the game for me. Thanks again.

Are you sure they're costing that much and not just saying they're costing that much in the secondary mission explanation window?

• gameplayconstants.sqf - Defines the cost of secondary missions.
  • stringtables.xml - Defines the text within the secondary mission window.

Inside stringtables.xml just search for

STR_SECONDARY_BRIEFING0

STR_SECONDARY_BRIEFING1

STR_SECONDARY_BRIEFING2

and then change

Cost: X

to whatever you used in gameplayconstants.sqf, it's a good idea to do this to each language section so that any foreign player joining will also get the update. I used to make this edit myself and those are the only two changes you need, the second being an optional UI update.

The current KP continued Liberation default costs are 15, 10 and 8 for a more balanced experience.

• Like 1

Thanks that worked. And in that file the values were all 10 like in the game so that answers the question of where those values are coming from, seems that param in the gameplayconstants file has no affect on the values and changing it there does nothing.

It does all to be exactly.

The values in the constants (or later the liberation_config) are the "real" settings for the costs

The changes in the stringtable.xml is just a change of text for the sidemission description in your sidemission dialog and nothing which would have effect in the costs in the game.

• Like 1