zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Can we use different Mods  with this ... like SMA weapons for example.

Another thing... What do I need to run the local server? I've pasted the Takistan PBO file in MPMissions and it doesn't work. It does not read any player slots . It says this when i try to host locak " mpmissions\ __cur_mp.Takistan\ mission.sqm/Entities/Item9/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class MWA3_SL_Tropen no longer exists 

YOU CAN USE WHATEVER MODS YOU WANT:

but you need at least these:

Used Mods for this Version:

Has anyone here added in an addtional Respawn Vehicle?

A few Maps I have ported this too are basically big islands so I was thinking about having a boat as an addtional respawn vehicle.

I tried adding one in the classnames but no go with that..then I looked at the

F_getMobileRespawns function

but not sure if its possible to add in a second respawn type.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Diesel

22 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

Has anyone here added in an addtional Respawn Vehicle?

A few Maps I have ported this too are basically big islands so I was thinking about having a boat as an addtional respawn vehicle.

I tried adding one in the classnames but no go with that..then I looked at the

F_getMobileRespawns function

but not sure if its possible to add in a second respawn type.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Diesel

Maybe use this line under classnames.sqf?

if ( isNil "Respawn_truck_typename" ) then { Respawn_truck_typename = "B_Truck_01_medical_F"; }

It's towards the top.

I've changed this before when updating to the Unsung Vietnam mod to a M117, but have never added to it? I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to add to the string for the vehicle type?

Then just go to the build menu, go all the way to the right hand menu for misc I believe, and then you should see an option there for Mobile Respawn?

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 0:09 PM, madpat3 said:

YOU CAN USE WHATEVER MODS YOU WANT:

but you need at least these:

Used Mods for this Version:

I've set up the server and all works well, but there is an issue for every member of the server and it's the lag when picking weapons, uniforms or anything of that sort. Any suggestions how to fix that ? Also building FOBs doesn't work at all 

i haven't played this version of the mission for a long time.

please contact the mission-maker for any bugs that occure.

2 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

i haven't played this version of the mission for a long time.

please contact the mission-maker for any bugs that occure.

Any idea how to contact him?

9 hours ago, madpat3 said:

that's his clan homepage:

https://www.killahpotatoes.de/news/

Many thanks, that you think that I am (maybe because I answered some questions in the git the last time) the mission maker. I only answer questions in the git and provided some very small code parts to the mission.

But I'm not the mission maker.

The creator of this mission is @zbug

Additional to his BI Forum profile here some other links:

His Github profile: https://github.com/GreuhZbug

Git of the mission: https://github.com/GreuhZbug/greuh_liberation.Altis

The website of his clan: http://arma.greuh.org/forum/

Hope I could help.

Maybe I can also help with some problems. It would be best to report them in the issues area of the missions git on github, because at least I will read what's posted there and are always willing to help.

EDIT:

But well, the Liberation Takistan port is done by us. But it's not in the actual version of Liberation itself. At the moment we're playing Liberation on Chernarus (also an own port).

If there's still interest in Liberation on Takistan (or other maps) you could send me a message and I could provide the ports via github. I would not recommend, to use the old Takistan port from our git, because it's with the old Version of Liberation. I'll also delete this old thing at Github just now.

Edited by Wyqer
Added explanation for Liberation ports to other maps.

Hello,
Can someone give me the link to download the latest available version of this mission on Tanoa ?

Thanks guys !

Hey there, sorry if this question does not belong here but I edited the mission to my clans preferences to play it on our own server  and we added RHS:USAF and RHS:AFRF to it.

Everything works fine, we can buy units, enemy spawns them also and so on but sometimes I am not able to control them via Zeus.

For example I had bought a vehicle from the Build menu and then I tried to remove it but there was no possibility to choose this vehicle in Zeus.

I could see it but there was no vehicle icon to click on or something like this.

If you want I could provide some screnshots.

Do we have to insert the classnames somewhere else than in the classname_extensions?

And another problem is that as Zeus I can see civilian vehicles and sometimes even enemy units in my list on the left side of the screen.

How to prevent this?

Many thanks for this mission!

In Zeus you only can edit and see the units which are listed in the classnames_extension.sqf

So normally you only have to put the classnames there, what you've done as you mention that you can build them.

If you use ACE with the ace_server.pbo and a serverconfig.hpp, you should check that ace_zeus_autoAddObjects is disabled.

The ACE autAddObjects is clearly the reason that you see enemy and civilian units. But if you don't use the ace_server on your server and have this issue, some more information would be helpful. (Mods, Liberation Version, etc.)

• Like 1

Just now, Wyqer said:

In Zeus you only can edit and see the units which are listed in the classnames_extension.sqf

So normally you only have to put the classnames there, what you've done as you mention that you can build them.

If you use ACE with the ace_server.pbo and a serverconfig.hpp, you should check that ace_zeus_autoAddObjects is disabled.

The ACE autAddObjects is clearly the reason that you see enemy and civilian units. But if you don't use the ace_server on your server and have this issue, some more information would be helpful. (Mods, Liberation Version, etc.)

We are not using ACE, so here is a list of mods the server is running: @RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF

That's it...

I am pretty sure that I added the vehicles and units properly otherwise I don't think that they would be playable in-game.

Well, then I can't see any reason why you could see some of the enemy units.

As you say you've edited the missionfile to your communitys liking and I can't know what you've really changed in maybe other files than the classnames_extensions.

Normally and intended (and I personally can verify that it works well) you have the units in your zeus, which you've in your classnames_extension and nothing more. The Commander can delete (not destroy) and command units via zeus, nothing more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

Well, then I can't see any reason why you could see some of the enemy units.

As you say you've edited the missionfile to your communitys liking and I can't know what you've really changed in maybe other files than the classnames_extensions.

Normally and intended (and I personally can verify that it works well) you have the units in your zeus, which you've in your classnames_extension and nothing more. The Commander can delete (not destroy) and command units via zeus, nothing more.

At the moment there is nothing else we have changed.

If I can figure it out I will post my solution here!

• Like 1

There's a bug where certain added vehicles don't show in Zeus or the tracking system, can't be recycled and disappear when the server restarts. I've spent hours trying to figure out why, could never find the problem. This is what is happening to you mlkike. If anyone ever finds a fix, please share.

53 minutes ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

There's a bug where certain added vehicles don't show in Zeus or the tracking system, can't be recycled and disappear when the server restarts. I've spent hours trying to figure out why, could never find the problem. This is what is happening to you mlkike. If anyone ever finds a fix, please share.

That's what I figured out so far too...

Only SOME of the added vehicles can't be recycled and so on

I'll let you know if can fix it

Any one know why ACE3 medical system and interaction menu doesnt work in liberation altis, tried reinstalling ace3, acex and cba but still doesnt allow it to work.

ACE runs fine with Liberation, never encountered problems.

Be sure to deactivate the revive scripts in Liberation and use the serverconfig.hpp and ace_server.pbo on your server.

Updated Version of Liberation Takistan

As promised I've updated our old Takistan Version. I've made it this morning and didn't test it with our community, but as I used actual scripts from our chernarus version with classnames of the old takistan version, it should work fine.

You can download it via Github:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation.Takistan/releases

Also be sure, to read the needed mods section:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation.Takistan/blob/master/README.md

If you encounter any problems, please post them there:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation.Takistan/issues

• Like 1

Has anyone had any issues with FOB Hunting on the secondary objectives lately? Or is there a limit to those? Been playing on Everon with the port I did and we were doing really well with things every couple AO's we would do a secondary objective to keep the percentage down and then all of a sudden we can't do them..I had thought somehow after CBA updated that was maybe an issue but wanted to ask here if anyone was having the same issue. I adjusted alot of the stuff so we are now running basically infantry and light vehicle stuff..no big armor or attack choppers..works great for the smaller group I have...been having alot of fun swapping from different islands. Anyway..any ideas about the secondary objectives would help.

Diesel

Did you set enough of the markers (opfor_point_xyz) for the map, so that the script can find a position where a fob would fit?

Just now, Wyqer said:

Did you set enough of the markers (opfor_point_xyz) for the map, so that the script can find a position where a fob would fit?

I have quite a few of the markers down..maybe I just dont have enough of them...I'll try and add in a few more on my next big port to MSKE 2017..I always make sure they have a good spot and enough room to spawn in without issues against buildings and such...I got everything converted to RHS now to so I can swap out classnames sqf quickly from desert to woodland..saves me some time...I'll check the opfor points..thanks for the comment and suggestion..much appreciated!

Diesel

• Like 1

I am planning to continue the work of @zbug, because he seems to have most likely abandoned his project.

He worked about 2 years on this great mission and I think that shouldn't be left behind.

His Licence for the mission allow to take everything and continue working on it as long as the work will be published under the same licence, what I would do of course.

If he ever returns to the mission making, I would give him all I've done till then, so he could maybe use some of it or continue working on the mission at that state.

I'll post all necessary informations for a Liberation 0.93 this evening or tomorrow in this thread.

• Like 3