zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

To the above, I'm thinking it may be more of a performance thing with my hardware, perhaps.

I have the AI count set to 100%, or whatever is the first tier that a dedicated server is recommended for.

I run the dedicated server on the same desktop that I play as a client on. I get better performance that way, as opposed to a listen server.

This issue only recently popped up, though. I'm just wondering if maybe I should try reducing the AI count.

According to the map's server FPS dispay, we're always above 40 FPS.

Are there server logs that might make sense to dig trhough?

20 hours ago, D-man9000 said:

To the above, I'm thinking it may be more of a performance thing with my hardware, perhaps.

I have the AI count set to 100%, or whatever is the first tier that a dedicated server is recommended for.

I run the dedicated server on the same desktop that I play as a client on. I get better performance that way, as opposed to a listen server.

This issue only recently popped up, though. I'm just wondering if maybe I should try reducing the AI count.

According to the map's server FPS dispay, we're always above 40 FPS.

Are there server logs that might make sense to dig trhough?

That is what I am suspecting too.

I know the mission itself has in the neighborhood of 250 scripts that it calls on for Liberation. So the processes get eaten up pretty quick as far as calculations and all that good stuff. I am currently working on Liberation Redux, which will be a reworking of this mission with more updated code to try and make the mission a little less resource intensive and to try and make things run a bit more smoothly.

The game engine tends to get bogged down with stuff after awhile with all the info it is keeping track of. Even after frequent server restarts after a couple of hours or so, it would have little to no effect in making things better as far as running.

• Like 1

I just booted up my single player Liberation local server and everything is saved (vehicles included) except for my friendly AI units. The units were all gathered around the FOB but for some reason when I booted the server up they were gone? Any idea on how to retain the AI units when I abort and then reboot the liberation server?

That part has never been written in the save code of liberation.  It can be done though, but you will have to write all the logic yourself.  I don't have the source code of liberation atm try and look for anything with

profileNamespace setVariable [ SAVEGAME_NAME, _ctiSaveGame];
saveProfileNamespace;

not exactly though, cause this is my own savegame handling, but any place where he is doing saveProfileNamespace is the location where the save happens.  Remember though saving is one part of the equation, you will also have to write load code for it.

_ctiSaveGame = profileNamespace getVariable [SAVEGAME_NAME, []];

here you see how I handle loading in my scripts.  _ctiSaveGame contains an array with more arrays in it.   Each array handles loading of objects.  It's not easy but it's possible to figure out how to save and load the AI units.

All I can say is wow! Just played through the vanilla 0.924 version of Liberation and what a slick enjoyment filled experience it was! 12 days 11 hours and 54 minutes of enjoyment! Mega kudos to the devs!

Now we know what Liberation is all about it's time to tweak for the next round and have a few questions.

1. Is Liberation still being supported by the original devs?

2. I was wondering if anybody has a version for Altis with the Apex vehicles included?

3. Can somebody shed light on how to tweak the AI skill sets? Also do the default town militia use the same skill set as CSAT?

4. Has anybody got infistar admin tools to run correctly with this mission? If so how and what is required to do so? 

5. How can we add our own sidemissions? 

Thanks in advance!

Jimbobskee

2 hours ago, jimbobskee@hotmail.com said:

All I can say is wow! Just played through the vanilla 0.924 version of Liberation and what a slick enjoyment filled experience it was! 12 days 11 hours and 54 minutes of enjoyment! Mega kudos to the devs!

Now we know what Liberation is all about it's time to tweak for the next round and have a few questions.

2. I was wondering if anybody has a version for Altis with the Apex vehicles included?

3. Can somebody shed light on how to tweak the AI skill sets? Also do the default town militia use the same skill set as CSAT?

4. Has anybody got infistar admin tools to run correctly with this mission? If so how and what is required to do so? 

Thanks in advance!

Jimbobskee

Ive got an Altis version but its got alot of Mods on it..if you go back a few pages there is a link to where you can do the port yourself to whatever map you want. I just did one to Zargabad using all RHS stuff..I took out all the heavy stuff and basically edited it to be a small vehicle and infantry mission because zargabad isnt as big as most maps..so far am having a blast on it. If I find the link for porting it I'll post it for you.

Edit..found the link

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

As far as side missions I use a script that produces random enemy on the map..so even if your done with an AO and it turns blue there is always a chance a few guerilla bad guys will show up.

AI script I use.

http://lostvar.com/arma3/documentation.html

Diesel

Hi,

is it possible for a guy like me (with nearly nothing knowledge about this) to replace the LHD with the USS Nimitz? Maybe it is only an easy editing in the editor?

Best regards

6 hours ago, jimbobskee@hotmail.com said:

Thanks in advance!

Jimbobskee

1) zbug hasn't worked on it for a while he probably has irl issues at the moment so short answer not at the moment

2) Adding vehicles to the mission isn't that hard, there are extention files (I don't know them by heart) where  you have to append to certain arrays

3) AI is a weak point in liberation, zbug once told me that the script he uses to populate towns was one of the very first scripts he had written and are desperatly outdated and should be redone.  I looked into it myself, but was to busy with my own project to persu it further and other people started tinkering with liberation and to many branches started to develop, that I just couldn't get the motivation fixing it.

4) Don't know infistart sorry

5) Sidemissions are heavily scripted it is possible to script your own and add them to the random pool but you got to know what you are doing, make sure you cross all the dots to fit them into the system.

I know some of my answers are pretty generic, but in my defense it's been since june last year I un pbo'ed liberation and looked at the source code

• Like 1

7 hours ago, celludriel said:

1) zbug hasn't worked on it for a while he probably has irl issues at the moment so short answer not at the moment

2) Adding vehicles to the mission isn't that hard, there are extention files (I don't know them by heart) where  you have to append to certain arrays

3) AI is a weak point in liberation, zbug once told me that the script he uses to populate towns was one of the very first scripts he had written and are desperatly outdated and should be redone.  I looked into it myself, but was to busy with my own project to persu it further and other people started tinkering with liberation and to many branches started to develop, that I just couldn't get the motivation fixing it.

4) Don't know infistart sorry

5) Sidemissions are heavily scripted it is possible to script your own and add them to the random pool but you got to know what you are doing, make sure you cross all the dots to fit them into the system.

I know some of my answers are pretty generic, but in my defense it's been since june last year I un pbo'ed liberation and looked at the source code

12 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

Ive got an Altis version but its got alot of Mods on it..if you go back a few pages there is a link to where you can do the port yourself to whatever map you want. I just did one to Zargabad using all RHS stuff..I took out all the heavy stuff and basically edited it to be a small vehicle and infantry mission because zargabad isnt as big as most maps..so far am having a blast on it. If I find the link for porting it I'll post it for you.

Edit..found the link

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

As far as side missions I use a script that produces random enemy on the map..so even if your done with an AO and it turns blue there is always a chance a few guerilla bad guys will show up.

AI script I use.

http://lostvar.com/arma3/documentation.html

Diesel

Thanks for the input guys it's much appreciated I will have a look was just hoping for quick fixes ;)

Regards. 

Hi all

I added some of the new vehicles from RHS, does anyone know where I can adjust the recycle values?

when I try and recycle the vehicles the value is just nil.

13 minutes ago, J. Yssing said:

Hi all

I added some of the new vehicles from RHS, does anyone know where I can adjust the recycle values?

when I try and recycle the vehicles the value is just nil.

Check gameplay_constants.sqf   there is a recycling percentage in there..i think it is at 0.65 default..I thought there was a recycle manager someplace too but cant seem to find it at the moment.

Diesel

22 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

Check gameplay_constants.sqf   there is a recycling percentage in there..i think it is at 0.65 default..I thought there was a recycle manager someplace too but cant seem to find it at the moment.

Diesel

The Issue is resolved, they were trying to recycle a vehicle they're not able to buy(no clue how they got it).

The next issue at hand is the recycling of the captured ammo boxes, they also give a null value, I take it that is because there might be an incorrect class somewhere.

3 minutes ago, J. Yssing said:

The Issue is resolved, they were trying to recycle a vehicle they're not able to buy(no clue how they got it).

The next issue at hand is the recycling of the captured ammo boxes, they also give a null value, I take it that is because there might be an incorrect class somewhere.

It states Scalar Nan when i try and recycle it.

22 hours ago, J. Yssing said:

It states Scalar Nan when i try and recycle it.

Check the classnames.sqf or the classnames_extension.sqf and be sure the enemy ammobox is listed and its correct..I had that issue when I replaced classnames with some RHS stuff.

East Ammobox

ammobox_o_typename = "Box_East_AmmoVeh_F";    from classnames_extension.sqf

I'm having a UAV issue..for some reason it doesnt show up in the Arsenal..it used to be a UAV Backpack. I can find that in the editor but not the arsenal.

I also listed the UAV itself(Darter) and the UAV Backpack in the classnames extensions so the mission should see it. Is this an issue with the mission itself or something with the arsenal?

Diesel

4 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

I'm having a UAV issue..for some reason it doesnt show up in the Arsenal..it used to be a UAV Backpack. I can find that in the editor but not the arsenal.

I also listed the UAV itself(Darter) and the UAV Backpack in the classnames extensions so the mission should see it. Is this an issue with the mission itself or something with the arsenal?

Diesel

Never really had any issues with UAV deployment such as you are describing. To my knowledge, I never had to use a UAV backpack before?

When setting up the your soldier in the Arsenal, you want to make sure to give your soldier a UAV Terminal. Without this, you cannot utilize any UAVs. Once you have your UAV purchased, you'll need to go over by the UAV and "connect" the terminal to the UAV in order to be able to control it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sil Carmikas said:

Never really had any issues with UAV deployment such as you are describing. To my knowledge, I never had to use a UAV backpack before?

When setting up the your soldier in the Arsenal, you want to make sure to give your soldier a UAV Terminal. Without this, you cannot utilize any UAVs. Once you have your UAV purchased, you'll need to go over by the UAV and "connect" the terminal to the UAV in order to be able to control it.

I'll check that next time I'n in the server...thanks for the reply...just gotta say after adjusting things to light vehicle and infantry with the RHS Conversion been having an absolute blast with this mission..I have a pretty small group so the infantry and light vehicle based stuff is great..not overwheleming but not easy at all but yet still doable..Thanks again for the reply Sil..much appreciated!

Diesel

5 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

I'll check that next time I'n in the server...thanks for the reply...just gotta say after adjusting things to light vehicle and infantry with the RHS Conversion been having an absolute blast with this mission..I have a pretty small group so the infantry and light vehicle based stuff is great..not overwheleming but not easy at all but yet still doable..Thanks again for the reply Sil..much appreciated!

Diesel

No worries, man! Glad i could help!

Also I might mention that I had better luck actually updating the classnames.sqf file itself, even though it is recommended not too. I personally could never get anything to work with the classname_extensions.sqf. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sil Carmikas said:

Also I might mention that I had better luck actually updating the classnames.sqf file itself, even though it is recommended not too. I personally could never get anything to work with the classname_extensions.sqf. 

Point of this is that if zbug ever starts working on the mission again and updates the classnames.sqf file, you are pretty much screwed with the next mission updates.  That's why the classname_extensions.sqf are there.  One of my better ideas I suggested to him once :D  Yeah I know shameless self promotion .. sue me :D

3 hours ago, celludriel said:

Point of this is that if zbug ever starts working on the mission again and updates the classnames.sqf file, you are pretty much screwed with the next mission updates.  That's why the classname_extensions.sqf are there.  One of my better ideas I suggested to him once :D  Yeah I know shameless self promotion .. sue me :D

Actually I have altered both of those scripts for RHS Conversion and some CUP stuff...but I always keep copies of original missions for fall back if need arises..the mission does have some issues but still I think it is one of the best ones out there. You can set it up any way you want..its easy to port to other Maps and can be tailored to fit just about any game style..its pretty much all I use on my server anymore...now Ive got it down to where its almost all infantry fighting and an occasional Zu Gun Truck from RHS..added a few things to the build menu for the FOBs and changed the rewards to reflect the gamestyle. Ive got it ported now to almost all the CUP Maps..and having everything the same makes it easy to drop files in to change the loading screen and text,the music,the classnames of vehicles and all infantry and the rewards..I think Ive learned more about missions and scripting with this mission than any other Ive torn apart and played with...cant say enough about it and how much I enjoy it.

Diesel

Hi everybody, 

In first, thank you for this great coop mission.

I have a problem with the positions of fob's saved building when I restart the mission.

When I restart the mission, many of objects I saved before shutdown my server are moved of few meters. 

I would like to know if this is a known issue.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Emperias said:

Hi everybody, 

In first, thank you for this great coop mission.

I have a problem with the positions of fob's saved building when I restart the mission.

When I restart the mission, many of objects I saved before shutdown my server are moved of few meters. 

I would like to know if this is a known issue.

Thank you.

If I'm understanding you correctly, is this in regards to you placing an object, say, a concrete wall, the server restarts, and things are shifted? I too have had this issue. Not quite sure what the bug is honestly. Something to do with the building coordinates getting saved when the mission saves but I haven't worked it out yet. I'll let you know if I find anything else. 

7 hours ago, celludriel said:

That is very true, but if I recall correctly, zBug has stated that he doesn't intend to pursue this project anymore as the constant updates with Arma 3 have been a bugger to keep Liberation working correctly.

I could be wrong, but I remember this from our last correspondence. Also, I just update the classnames.sqf and that it. The classnames_extension.sqf just gives me, personally, too many issues, so I went straight to the source. The funny thing about Arma 3 is while one thing might work for someone, it may completely break or not work at all for someone else. I'm hoping with the reworking that I'm doing of the mission that things will run smoother, but I still have lots and lots left to learn. I just finally worked out how to create random weather for a mission the other day so I am making progress! :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sil Carmikas said:

I just finally worked out how to create random weather for a mission the other day so I am making progress! :)

Un Pbo my Simple CTI mission, look in the custom/modules folder, there might be some stuff you can learn from, including a random weather module

• Like 2

can someone explain me why SAVE game option is not active in SP and MP?   I can`t save my game progress

27 minutes ago, sammael said:

can someone explain me why SAVE game option is not active in SP and MP?   I can`t save my game progress

It should be already active...go into gameplay_constants.sqf and make sure the top line has the correct map name or whatever name you give it for the map you are on..thats what saves the game.

Looks like this:

GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_EVERON";

Change "EVERON" to whatever map you are using or a unique name for that map.

there is also a wipe game in the mission parameters if you want to wipe the saves and start over.

Diesel