zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

2 hours ago, Mashroom said:

I'm testing this by myself, first I enabled a teleport and basically just teleported in to the middle of the sector, the balance of power bar goes completely blue for about 40 seconds or so and then the enemy will spawn and it'll go red. What this means is that while you probably won't notice it if you're approaching on foot, if you're flying a helicopter you have time to actually drop people off right in the middle of the sector before there is even any enemies.

I've tested it both on my rented server (with and without a headless client) and my own PC which I'm pretty sure is good enough (6700k, 16gb RAM) so I think it's not a performance issue.

Oh right? Well put, I just don't know why it would be taking longer than a minute say? By helicopter I always make sure to activate the sector and get things going before trying anything, t'is a bit cheaty on both sides dropping in the middle before they spawn. :P Sorry though, I don't know how to increase the spawn rate. Maybe you could increase the sector size? Gives it more time to activate maybe whilst you travel?

Sector size is found in gameplay_constants.sqf if you didn't know. :)

1 hour ago, D-man9000 said:

I had the same problem. I added Airport towers in, but couldn't delete them. I resolved it by adding in the urban rappelling mod. I was able to rappel off of the tower, and saw about part way down, that I could recycle it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to allow Mobile Respawns/Huron to be able to spawn infantry? I don't want to have the full buy menu, just the infantry one.

Genius! Thanks for this, been hating that tower for a long while.

I'm sure it's possible but it's not included no. :(

Would love to hear back if you find out anything more?

1 hour ago, Positive_B said:

@Applejakerie thanks!
I've dug into the mission's pbo and found a loading scripts which are work for loading into the trucks. My idea was to modify the parameters that allow using it for the V44X or zamak too.
Or it's not possible?

Oh I forgot about the trucks. :P  There's a chunk of code you'll want at the bottom of classnames.sqf and classnames_extension.sqf;

// Configuration for ammo boxes transport
// First entry: classname
// Second entry: how far behind the vehicle the boxes should be unloaded
// Following entries: attachTo position for each box, the number of boxes that can be loaded is derived from the number of entries
box_transport_config_extension = [
	[ "greuh_eh101_gr", -6.5, [0,	4.2,	-1.45], [0,	2.5,	-1.45], [0,	0.8, -1.45], [0,	-0.9, -1.45] ]
];

So this code chunk is from the _extension.sqf meant for easier mod content adding. My suggestion would be to copy and paste the string, replace the classname with that of the vehicle you want it to be about and then leave the numbers for a moment. Play in MP on a dedi/local server (not editor, no ammo boxes spawn iirc) and try it out. Chances are the box will load into the vehicle but in a weird space/location on the vehicle. Like, halfway through the floor or the roof, or maybe even to the right or left in midair. From there you wanna keep playing with the numbers until you've got it right I think.

If you did find the perfect string of numbers for any vehicle, please share!:D

20 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

Oh right? Well put, I just don't know why it would be taking longer than a minute say? By helicopter I always make sure to activate the sector and get things going before trying anything, t'is a bit cheaty on both sides dropping in the middle before they spawn. :P Sorry though, I don't know how to increase the spawn rate. Maybe you could increase the sector size? Gives it more time to activate maybe whilst you travel?

Sector size is found in gameplay_constants.sqf if you didn't know. :)

Yea that's the thing, I don't really want to have to worry about making sure sectors are activated before I attack them.

Thanks, that'll probably be a decent work around.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

Genius! Thanks for this, been hating that tower for a long while.

No prob. The fastrope mod may work, too. Rather than deleting something you're rappelling from.

• Like 1

Anyone have any idea what 'supspawn' is for? Ignored it up until now.

Thought it might be a spawn point for ammo boxes on bases and that the marker is moved to each base when needed?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 2:07 PM, Jester504 said:

The Commander can already control AI squads through Zeus so making that more intuitive wouldn't be cheating. I just want to be able to use the squad functions that Zeus/Ares offers already because they make commanding AI much more intuitive and tactical. Besides, human players don't always like being squad leaders.

I know it's possible because there are guides out there for adding full Zeus functionality back in, including placing units. I don't want that. I just want the modules and Ares back.

This was surprisingly easy. Follow the guide to adding a full Zeus back in. After you've done that, in the editor, place down a Set Costs (Side) module. It's under modules -> Zeus. Then double click it and set all of the cost fields to -1e+010, except the modules field which you change to 0. Then close that window, right click on the module, select connect -> sync to and then click on the Game Master module. While you're here, double click on the Game Master and make sure the default addons field is set to use all addons including unofficial ones.

8 hours ago, J. Yssing said:

Is there a version that uses ACEs medical system?

Disable FAR Revive in the Parameters and use the ACE medical Modules in the editor for Basic or Advanced.

Diesel

On 4/2/2017 at 3:01 AM, diesel tech jc said:

Disable FAR Revive in the Parameters and use the ACE medical Modules in the editor for Basic or Advanced.

Diesel

Where exactly can I find those Parameters?

5 hours ago, J. Yssing said:

Where exactly can I find those Parameters?

You can disable FAR Revive in the parameters before you start the game..when you load in the parameters are in the upper right hand corner of the screen in the mission lobby. The ACE Modules you have to manually place in the mission with the editor. Or if you open the mission in the editor..use explorer while in the mission folder and search "param" it will show the sqf then you can manually enter in the what you want that way you dont have to set them every time,I do this for all mine so i can load them and the params are all the same for each map I port the mission to. Not sure what your experience is with editing missions so if any of this you dont understand I'll try and get some screenshots for you.

Diesel

Begun porting Liberation to Taviana still a few things left to do but all in all seems to be working pretty decently.

Although i have run into a little issue where the build menu outline of the vehicle you want to spawn dosn't actually show with anything. Even was the same with the fob so i couldnt actually tell which direction it was facing etc as all i got for anything is a green circle.

Anyone know what might be the issue why it's not showing the outline of vehicles or the fob as it does it with everything from the build menu. Spawning still works though

Edited by BAScarface
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 5:47 AM, T.Fork said:

This was surprisingly easy. Follow the guide to adding a full Zeus back in. After you've done that, in the editor, place down a Set Costs (Side) module. It's under modules -> Zeus. Then double click it and set all of the cost fields to -1e+010, except the modules field which you change to 0. Then close that window, right click on the module, select connect -> sync to and then click on the Game Master module. While you're here, double click on the Game Master and make sure the default addons field is set to use all addons including unofficial ones.

That worked well! Thank you!

There is a small issue remaining, which is that units built at the FOB do not show up for the new Game Master. He has to use Ares' "Add Editable Objects" module for each newly built unit or vehicle, which is annoying but still worth it. Do you know a way to even get that working ideally? :D

Has anyone had any issues with the enemy not changing due to player count even if that option is enabled?

Seems like it doesnt matter how many are in the server it still spawns as many AI enemy. Not sure if this has been an issue or not.

Diesel

Hello everyone! 

Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about you and have been plugging away slowly but surely on this side!

Here are some videos of the a couple of the things I've worked out over the last few weeks:

Everything contained here is using the Unsung Vietnam mod Delta Version. :)

Still lots and lots of work left to be done, but have learned much on the journey! Stay tuned for more updates!

~Sil~

• Like 1

i know it's not the right forum for this, but i wonder if 

it's possible to activate tactical ping in a mission, regardless of the difficulty settings. like putting some line in the description.ext or something?

thx in advance for your help.

Hello, I was curious if anyone could answer my question. I am wondering if it is possible to spawn multiple FOB boxes at the start of a Liberation mission, or is it possible to teleport the FOB box once it is spawned in. Thanks in advance!

On 2/7/2017 at 2:51 PM, Jester504 said:

That worked well! Thank you!

There is a small issue remaining, which is that units built at the FOB do not show up for the new Game Master. He has to use Ares' "Add Editable Objects" module for each newly built unit or vehicle, which is annoying but still worth it. Do you know a way to even get that working ideally? :D

That's weird, the functionality is built into the mission. It's possible that the guide for enabling full zeus (I haven't looked at this guide in ages, it's possible I wrote the damn thing as I was trying to unlock it) disables it or it was accidentally disabled. Either way, find zeus_synchro.sqf in your mission\scripts\server\game\ folder. Completely replace what's in zeus_syncro.sqf with the code below. Combine with the previous edits and you should be good to go.

waitUntil { !isNil "huron_typename" };

_vehicleClassnames = [huron_typename];

{
	_vehicleClassnames = _vehicleClassnames + [_x select 0];
} foreach (light_vehicles + heavy_vehicles + air_vehicles + static_vehicles + support_vehicles) ;

while { true } do {

waitUntil { sleep 0.3; count allCurators > 0 };

_zeusunits = [];
	{
		if ( (side group _x == GRLIB_side_friendly ) && ( _x distance lhd > 1000 ) && alive _x ) then {
			_zeusunits pushback _x;
		};
	} foreach allUnits;

{
		if ((typeof _x in _vehicleClassnames ) && (typeof _x != ammobox_o_typename) && (( _x distance lhd > 1000 ) || (typeof _x == huron_typename)) && alive _x ) then {
			_zeusunits pushback _x;
		};
	} foreach vehicles;

_zeusunits = _zeusunits + switchableUnits;
	_zeusunits = _zeusunits + playableUnits;
	_zeusunits = _zeusunits - (curatorEditableObjects (allCurators select 0));

_units_to_remove = [];
	{
		if ( !(alive _x) ) then {
			_units_to_remove pushback _x;
		};
	} foreach (curatorEditableObjects (allCurators select 0));

{
		_zgm = _x;
		_zgm addCuratorEditableObjects [_zeusunits,true];
		_zgm removeCuratorEditableObjects [_units_to_remove,true];

/*		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["edit", -1e8];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["place", -1e8];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["synchronize", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["delete", 0];*/
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["destroy", -1e8];

} foreach allCurators;

sleep 10;
};

15 hours ago, madpat3 said:

i know it's not the right forum for this, but i wonder if 

it's possible to activate tactical ping in a mission, regardless of the difficulty settings. like putting some line in the description.ext or something?

thx in advance for your help.

If you're playing on a dedicated server, you'll need to adjust the server's difficulty settings by adjusting the server's profile. See https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile There is an example of ARMA 3 difficulty settings, you could take that and change tactical ping = 0; to tactical ping = 1;

If you're playing on a locally hosted server, whoever is starting the mission can change the difficulty settings in the same menus where they select the mission.

I can see that it has been asked a few times but it doesn't look like it's been answered. Does anyone know how to implement Psycho's Wounding System for a dedicated server? I'm not getting any errors but I don't even know if the scripts are running correctly.

Ran into a little issue while editing my liberation mission on Taviana, Seems that the ammo boxes I get the recycle menu but all it shows for each resource is scalar nan. Tried it with the default ones as well as switching back to the rhs ones. Still the same results.

Here's a screen shot

JJQK5e2.png

Anyone know what the issue might be?

Hey, I've been having a couple of issues in my group's dedi - Not sure if it's been posted in-thread before - But our Secondary Objectives have stopped functioning and FOB objects shift around noticeably on restart.

We'll hunt the logs down, but it's hard to pinpoint when objectives died or the shifting started, and we haven't reset the entire mission yet to see if it fixes itself (We're close to polishing off the island). Just wanted to ask if this is known about at all. Currently playing Altis, with ACE. Only modifications have been add a few vehicles/buildings to the classnames extension and ACE in-editor modules.

On 2/8/2017 at 8:31 AM, BAScarface said:

Ran into a little issue while editing my liberation mission on Taviana, Seems that the ammo boxes I get the recycle menu but all it shows for each resource is scalar nan. Tried it with the default ones as well as switching back to the rhs ones. Still the same results.

Here's a screen shot

JJQK5e2.png

Anyone know what the issue might be?

From what my understanding is, and anyone please feel free to chime in to correct me if I'm wrong, but this basically indicates that a variable is trying to be used which has not been defined or does not exist. I'll have to pick it apart more to be more specific for you, but as long as you are updating the classnames.sqf with the proper model name for the ammo box you wish to use, it should work okay.

I'll try and see if I can replicate your issue as well as this is a curious error and I'd like to know how to fix it if it ever pops up for me. Thank you for sharing.

21 hours ago, Kirby said:

Hey, I've been having a couple of issues in my group's dedi - Not sure if it's been posted in-thread before - But our Secondary Objectives have stopped functioning and FOB objects shift around noticeably on restart.

We'll hunt the logs down, but it's hard to pinpoint when objectives died or the shifting started, and we haven't reset the entire mission yet to see if it fixes itself (We're close to polishing off the island). Just wanted to ask if this is known about at all. Currently playing Altis, with ACE. Only modifications have been add a few vehicles/buildings to the classnames extension and ACE in-editor modules.

I, too, had this problem on multiple occasions with both Altis and Tanoa, with and without mods. 

My theory is that it just the sheer amount of stuff that it is forced to keep track of. On mission start, not such a big deal because barely anything there, not really any FOBs down except one or two, and active sectors are minimal. Once you get towards mission end, things do tend to get a bit more dicey with the mission keeping track of all the sectors you took control of and everything that's been built as far as FOBs and such. I'm working on a way to optimize this.

Any one know what script is called when you want the mission to adapt to player count?

I looked but didnt see anything related to that...having issues where it doesnt work and just 2 people in the server get overwhelemed with armor and vehicles.

Diesel

15 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

Any one know what script is called when you want the mission to adapt to player count?

I looked but didnt see anything related to that...having issues where it doesnt work and just 2 people in the server get overwhelemed with armor and vehicles.

Diesel

\scripts\shared\functions\F_adaptiveOpforFactor.sqf

That script figures out a ratio which is then fed into other scripts. Note that friendly AI are counted, weighted at something like 5 AI = 1 player. At it's lowest, adaptive player count is 50% of normal.

F_adaptiveOpforFactor is called a bunch in other spawning scripts, such as \scripts\server\battlegroup\random_battlegroups.sqf, and seems to be used both to limit how much is in a battle group and how often battle groups are spawned, and also works with CSAT aggressivity. I haven't run any numbers to figure out exactly what it's doing, I've just read a bit of the scripting.

If you're looking through a script and see [] call  F_adaptiveOpforFactor, that's the script trying to find out how much to adapt by.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, T.Fork said:

\scripts\shared\functions\F_adaptiveOpforFactor.sqf

That script figures out a ratio which is then fed into other scripts. Note that friendly AI are counted, weighted at something like 5 AI = 1 player. At it's lowest, adaptive player count is 50% of normal.

F_adaptiveOpforFactor is called a bunch in other spawning scripts, such as \scripts\server\battlegroup\random_battlegroups.sqf, and seems to be used both to limit how much is in a battle group and how often battle groups are spawned, and also works with CSAT aggressivity. I haven't run any numbers to figure out exactly what it's doing, I've just read a bit of the scripting.

If you're looking through a script and see [] call  F_adaptiveOpforFactor, that's the script trying to find out how much to adapt by.

Thanks for the info..much appreciated..It seems to work on my Chernarus map but not on the others so I was going to see what script it was and replace it on the ones that it wasnt working on and see if there is a difference. Thanks again!

Diesel

Is anyone having issues with RHS tanks not firing their main gun, while using Liberation?

It's weird, it only happens when I play in Liberation now. But T-90s, T-80s and T-72s that will show up as part of an enemy battlegroup, just drive around. I've knocked a crapload out using just a Bradley.

When I fire up the editor, with all the same mods enabled, the tanks quickly engage.

Is there any custom AI in the Liberation mission?