zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

On 12/30/2016 at 7:55 AM, Imperum said:

Hi,

Is there anyone who has used any AI modification mods together with Liberation?? We tried ASR AI and FFIS as mods and the VCOM AI script version and somehow when you die, you instantly get killed again and sometimes multiple times... Anyone found a working solution or a way around?? 

Thanx!

This was a few versions of Liberation back, but ASR AI used to be fine.

8 hours ago, madpat3 said:

Port to new Taunus Map

Map: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32107

Mission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qyqmdhsbk00iip/Liberation_Taunus.xcam_taunus.pbo?dl=0   !!!(ACE3 and RHS Required)!!!

i get 2 error massages, maybe because i imported it to the 3D Editor. but beside from that, it works fine.

anyone knows about these errors, please tell me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9v08lagq04vz7i/Unbenannt.jpg?dl=0

I think that is an editor issue..I get those when I have the mission open in the editor but in MP it isn't there and everything is fine.

How does that Taunus Map run?

Diesel

Zbug thank you for a very good mission.I have ported the mission to Cheronush + mod RHS.wants to make 3 faction with real players as BLUFORT of podskazhite how to do it ?

2 minutes ago, Belar8696 said:

Zbug thank you for a very good mission.I have ported the mission to Cheronush + mod RHS.wants to make 3 faction with real players as BLUFORT of tell me how to do it ?

8 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

I think that is an editor issue..I get those when I have the mission open in the editor but in MP it isn't there and everything is fine.

How does that Taunus Map run?

Diesel

taunus map requires @cup-terrain-core to run.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30044

1 hour ago, madpat3 said:

taunus map requires @cup-terrain-core to run.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30044

I am aware the Taunus Map needs the CUP to run..I already have that on my server..I haven't run that Map so I was wondering about the Performance of it.

ah!

well, i have no experience in the performence, for i only tested it by self-hosting. 

my clan is going to test it on our dedicated server, by time.

maybe i can give you reports later.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

ah!

well, i have no experience in the performence, for i only tested it by self-hosting. 

my clan is going to test it on our dedicated server, by time.

maybe i can give you reports later.

Great..yeah always looking for some cool maps..Ive ported Liberation to most CUP Maps already as well as Bozcaada,Kunduz and just recently started on Porquerelles...been having a blast!

Diesel

hello guys.... is there a   Altis  RHS + ACE 3 version ? 

1 hour ago, MrFies said:

hello guys.... is there a   Altis  RHS + ACE 3 version ? 

You can convert it yourself..read a few pages back on how to replace vehicles and change supports to RHS stuff..as far as ACE..thats pretty standard to integrate,I use ACE and RHS both in my missions all of the time.

Diesel

Has anyone had any luck with using a Custom Compostion as a FOB?

I changed the standard FOB to something else but thought it would be cool to have a composition as a FOB but all it does is list the classes and it doesn't really list the Composition as a classname so Im not sure how to get the mission to read it.

Diesel

16 hours ago, diesel tech jc said:

You can convert it yourself..read a few pages back on how to replace vehicles and change supports to RHS stuff..as far as ACE..thats pretty standard to integrate,I use ACE and RHS both in my missions all of the time.

Diesel

I made this RHS version for Altis. Give it a try.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwbgX3YQhkNyeGdlQXVzU1BZQ00

16 hours ago, MrFies said:

can you give me your mission file ? 

Here is my Altis Mission as well.

Mods:

@CBA_A3
@ace
@RHSAFRF
@RHSUSAF
@Burnes_MK10 Version2 Landing Craft
@TaskForceRadio (Radio Mod)
@CUP Terrains-Core
@CUP Terrains-Maps
@bozcaada (Map)
@US Military Mod

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hme7jw6r9yxekxm/Liberation_84th_M4.Altis.rar?dl=0

why the living fuck does this keep breaking, every time i move base chimera spawn point from zbugs liberation game type it breaks the who mission can i get help please!? When I try to move base_chimera and test it in multiplayer via Eden the lobby shows all AI units when it's not supposed to and starting the mission doesn't work.

14 hours ago, Estron said:

why the living fuck does this keep breaking, every time i move base chimera spawn point from zbugs liberation game type it breaks the who mission can i get help please!? When I try to move base_chimera and test it in multiplayer via Eden the lobby shows all AI units when it's not supposed to and starting the mission doesn't work.

I gotta say that some of the questions you are asking here are not related to the mission itself but standard stuff when doing ANY kind of mission editing. Ive also noticed that when people offer help you are quick to blame or judge other Mods or work for issues you are having IE"CBA" issue you had awhile back. I myself have offered to help you out numerous times and messaged you privately as well with no response. Yes editing can be frustrating..we have all been there..but do some research and go back and look at the last known good mission that worked and see what the differences are. And yelling with exclamation points for someone to help you out isn't the way to ask for help.

As far as your issue with AI in the MP lobby go back and double check that all the other units are set as "playable" and the Commander slot is set to "Player" Make sure the 3 HC's are also set to "playable". If you want you can post the mission here and someone may get a chance to look at it. I highly suggest going through posts in the Mission Editing and Scripting part of this Forum as well..tons and tons of good info in there.

Like I said,I don't want to come off as a jerk but just think about how your asking for help and do a little backtracking and research first is all.

Diesel

• Like 1

Was wondering if there is any other location a save file could be found at?  The dedicated server I rent only allows access to the ArmA server files and I do not see a DefaultServer\Users folder in our base directory as is shown in the wiki.  Is this some sort of setting I need to modify within the mission file to change the location of the save file?

5 hours ago, dannick said:

Was wondering if there is any other location a save file could be found at?  The dedicated server I rent only allows access to the ArmA server files and I do not see a DefaultServer\Users folder in our base directory as is shown in the wiki.  Is this some sort of setting I need to modify within the mission file to change the location of the save file?

I just looked at my server and didn't see a folder like that either..did you want to wipe the save file? If you want to wipe it just start the game and in the mission paramters near the bottom you can wipe the save file to start the mission fresh again.

7 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

I just looked at my server and didn't see a folder like that either..did you want to wipe the save file? If you want to wipe it just start the game and in the mission paramters near the bottom you can wipe the save file to start the mission fresh again.

Well, after restarting my server using the base mission file on Altis, we were left staring at a brand new save file (lost a good week of progress).  After that we decided to give Tanoa a try using a mission file from the Steam Workshop modified by Kaelh and I'd really prefer to not run into the same issue with this mission, so I was hoping for a way to somehow confirm that the mission is indeed saving, rather than praying the next time we restart it that our progress is all still there.

1 minute ago, dannick said:

Well, after restarting my server using the base mission file on Altis, we were left staring at a brand new save file (lost a good week of progress).  After that we decided to give Tanoa a try using a mission file from the Steam Workshop modified by Kaelh and I'd really prefer to not run into the same issue with this mission, so I was hoping for a way to somehow confirm that the mission is indeed saving, rather than praying the next time we restart it that our progress is all still there.

Yeah losing that progress sucks for sure..only thing I am aware of is making sure each mission has its own save key in the gameplay_constants.sqf file at the top. Now you have me wondering where that file is..I never really looked for it before.

The save data is saved in the server's .vars.arma3profile file.

The location and exact name of the file can change as it's based on a name set by the company you're renting from, but if you find the <something>.vars.Arma3profile, that's got the save info in it. You can make back ups of it. You can also take the file from one server, change the name of the file to match the new server, and it should work. I'm not 100% confident on that last one but I'm fairly sure I've done previously.

Dannick, I'd suggest just starting up the server, making a FOB at a new location or shifting an old one, closing it down and then restarting and seeing if it saved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T.Fork said:

The save data is saved in the server's .vars.arma3profile file.

The location and exact name of the file can change as it's based on a name set by the company you're renting from, but if you find the <something>.vars.Arma3profile, that's got the save info in it. You can make back ups of it. You can also take the file from one server, change the name of the file to match the new server, and it should work. I'm not 100% confident on that last one but I'm fairly sure I've done previously.

Dannick, I'd suggest just starting up the server, making a FOB at a new location or shifting an old one, closing it down and then restarting and seeing if it saved.

I actually just tried changing the name of the save key and did as you just said with building the first fob and then restarting.  Still no luck, always a fresh mission on start.  I can not find any *.vars.Arma3profile in the server files I have access to either, so I'll see if it's an issue on their side of things.  Hopefully I can get this sorted out, as the mission itself is great, but the mission not being stable for persistent long-term running on the DS and the saves not functioning really sucks.