zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

So I suppose there is no clear way then to add items to the build menu in game...

I literally not long ago posted a similar guide. By "no clear way" you mean that you can't find with very little attempt. I'd stop supposing things if I were you. 

• Like 1

HI,help please,  how add more vehicle,aircraft,chopper,iten, gun, to the menu building on Altis Liberation menu???????? thank,

link guide please

HI,help please,  how add more vehicle,aircraft,chopper,iten, gun, to the menu building on Altis Liberation menu???????? thank,

link guide please

Have you even searched a bit on this thread?

Or even look like 2 posts above?

• Like 3

Hey, everyone. I know it's been posted and I've followed it to the letter, but for some reason I just can't get it to work..

We're trying to get a custom unlockable "elite vehicle" list... Here it is..

//Elite vehicles that should be unlocked through military base capture, use this for vanilla vehicles as well. This list is the only reference in this version.
elite_vehicles_extension = [
"rhsusf_m1a1aimwd_usarmy",                //M1A1_Abrams
"rhsusf_m1a2sep1tuskiiwd_usarmy",         //M1A2_TUSK_II
"rhsusf_m109_usarmy",                     //M109A6_Paladin
"B_T_MBT_01_mlrs_F",                      //M5_Sandstorm_MLRS
"RHS_AH1Z_wd",                            //AH1Z_Cobra
"RHS_A10_AT",                             //A-10_Thunderbolt
"FIR_F16C"                                //F16_Fighting_Falcon
];

Here's the classnames.sqf part that correlates to these..

if ( isNil "elite_vehicles_extension" ) then { elite_vehicles_extension = [] }; elite_vehicles = [] + elite_vehicles_extension + [];

What am I missing?

Have I done something wrong?

-------------------------

Also, if I wanted to add more units/vehicles to the lists of what can spawn... (Modded mixed with Vanilla content)

Would we edit the Classnames.sqf or just Classname_Extension?

Whilst editing Classnames/Classname_Extension... I've broken the mission... Relocation on spawn does work, no menu at death, etc.. Broken and dead.

I'd really appreciate the help if anyone is willing to offer it!

As for the elite vehicles I don't see anything wrong myself? Syntax looks fine but I don't have time to check the classname of each personally. I'd double check those are correct to each letter tho. When you say it's not working, how exactly? Just none showing on bases to capture? As for which file, here's the thing: Classnames.sqf is for the vanilla in-game content. Classnames_extension.sqf is for modded content you want to overwrite or 'add on top' so to speak. You should keep to that layout but if you're wanting order in your build lists where the modded content mixes in with the vanilla content, then either just use Classnames.sqf or just include the vanilla content in the Classnames_extension.sqf build lists and overwrite.

I should have clarified on "Not working"...

So, I've added the vehicles like above...

However, no bases come up with a marker letting us know that it holds a vehicle to be unlocked... Therefore the vehicles are available to be built from the start.

I've done the overrides per classname_extension and fixed all my syntax errors and the mission is now starting, so we're going to go see if we got the AOs spawning the proper enemies..

@Applejakerie - How can I give the enemy AI static weapons to use against us?

My logic tells me that I should add them to "defense vehicle" list as I don't see any static lists for the opfor units.

I'm not home yet or I'd try, but before I get too excited, I wanted to ask.

• Like 1

@constance68w - The only suitable place in _extensions.sqf for any statics is the friendly build menu I'm afraid. If you want enemies to use statics, you need some extra scripts/mods. I mean, if you place statics around OA's and use vCOM AI (with the enabled use of statics), then by all right they should automatically run for and use any statics within a distance etc. Problem is, you need to set up the statics, per OA aha. Anyone with a little bit of .sqf knowledge tho could probably write a quick script to spawn statics at every OA as they become active but that would be a bit messy and circumstantial I think. (one OA might look fine, another OA might have a static down an alley facing a wall etc).

Hey, everyone. I know it's been posted and I've followed it to the letter, but for some reason I just can't get it to work..

We're trying to get a custom unlockable "elite vehicle" list... Here it is..

//Elite vehicles that should be unlocked through military base capture, use this for vanilla vehicles as well. This list is the only reference in this version.
elite_vehicles_extension = [
"rhsusf_m1a1aimwd_usarmy",                //M1A1_Abrams
"rhsusf_m1a2sep1tuskiiwd_usarmy",         //M1A2_TUSK_II
"rhsusf_m109_usarmy",                     //M109A6_Paladin
"B_T_MBT_01_mlrs_F",                      //M5_Sandstorm_MLRS
"RHS_AH1Z_wd",                            //AH1Z_Cobra
"RHS_A10_AT",                             //A-10_Thunderbolt
"FIR_F16C"                                //F16_Fighting_Falcon
];

Here's the classnames.sqf part that correlates to these..

if ( isNil "elite_vehicles_extension" ) then { elite_vehicles_extension = [] }; elite_vehicles = [] + elite_vehicles_extension + [];

What am I missing?

Have I done something wrong?

-------------------------

Also, if I wanted to add more units/vehicles to the lists of what can spawn... (Modded mixed with Vanilla content)

Would we edit the Classnames.sqf or just Classname_Extension?

Whilst editing Classnames/Classname_Extension... I've broken the mission... Relocation on spawn does work, no menu at death, etc.. Broken and dead.

I'd really appreciate the help if anyone is willing to offer it!

Have you wiped your save and started fresh? It's been a long while since I've messed with Liberation, but elite vehicles were assigned at the start and would not update dynamically.

• Like 1

Ah! Why didn't I think of that. D: You definitely need to "WIPE SAVE" in the lobby parameters. 

Liberation 0.24 Cherno

Addons

• @CBA_A3;
  • @Open_Chernarus_Project;
  • @CUP_Core;
  • @CUP_Maps;
  • @ace;
  • @ACE3_RHS;
  • @RHSAFRF;
  • @RHSUSAF;
  • @ACRE2;

Download

Hey there! It's a great mission but i have 2 problems. I play it with my friend so we are only 2 sometimes 3 on the server. That means if we are attacking a city and ai kills us. Until we restock, get new vehicle or something ai usually despawns and we need to start capturing whole town again. Is there a way to make the ai last longer? Also my friends likes to fly planes and ai usually doesn't spawn so is there some edit i can do to make the ai spawns even by just flying planes and overall make it spawn faster and on more distance (i know about making sectors bigger but if there is a another way). Btw my server FPS is most of the times about 40-50 so i think thats okay

Hey there! It's a great mission but i have 2 problems. I play it with my friend so we are only 2 sometimes 3 on the server. That means if we are attacking a city and ai kills us. Until we restock, get new vehicle or something ai usually despawns and we need to start capturing whole town again. Is there a way to make the ai last longer? Also my friends likes to fly planes and ai usually doesn't spawn so is there some edit i can do to make the ai spawns even by just flying planes and overall make it spawn faster and on more distance (i know about making sectors bigger but if there is a another way). Btw my server FPS is most of the times about 40-50 so i think thats okay

The spawning issue - You can (best I know of without touching the code) have one player stay within the sector, either alive or dead. As long as you don't click respawn, you're technically just unconscious and as such, that 1 player would be safe from dying (already dying) but at the same time there presence will keep the sector active. We used to play in a 5 and the trick was if you were the last to die, you waited for everyone else to respawn and get back in. We didn't do it in 'waves' though, it was more, if you died there were others around to give you time to rush back. If you all died, you'd allocate one to stay briefly, etc. 

The planes/spawning issue - it's set to ignore 1 player instances flying over otherwise a player in a plane would activate every sector he comes near. That could be 20 in half as many seconds, would kill your game load and FPS. 

The spawning issue - You can (best I know of without touching the code) have one player stay within the sector, either alive or dead. As long as you don't click respawn, you're technically just unconscious and as such, that 1 player would be safe from dying (already dying) but at the same time there presence will keep the sector active. We used to play in a 5 and the trick was if you were the last to die, you waited for everyone else to respawn and get back in. We didn't do it in 'waves' though, it was more, if you died there were others around to give you time to rush back. If you all died, you'd allocate one to stay briefly, etc. 

The planes/spawning issue - it's set to ignore 1 player instances flying over otherwise a player in a plane would activate every sector he comes near. That could be 20 in half as many seconds, would kill your game load and FPS. 

And is it hard to disable that ignore planes thing? Just to test that? And about that spawning i saw a video on yt from liberation where their commander (zeus) was flying at start of the game when they had briefing or something and about 4 sectors - the closest ones from the fob had enemies already spawned. I would love something like that. I played Benny Warfare on Arma 2 before and enemies were spawned even if i rushed to the center (most of the times). But that despawning issue bothers me the most :/

I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to help you with that then but when I am - :P - I'll do what I can aha. I'm not sure about disabling the process behind the spawning with regards to planes but I do think there's a variable somewhere you can change to make the enemies despawn at a later rate. Again, I'll get back to you and talk to someone who can spend the time looking. 

@Sil, this. ^

I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to help you with that then but when I am - :P - I'll do what I can aha. I'm not sure about disabling the process behind the spawning with regards to planes but I do think there's a variable somewhere you can change to make the enemies despawn at a later rate. Again, I'll get back to you and talk to someone who can spend the time looking. 

@Sil, this. ^

wow thank you very much for searching :) and one think do you know how to disable the spawning restrictions? 1. I have ship and want to spawn it on the water but it's not possible - it's a big ship so chinook can't pick it up and 2. I have a harrier (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26840) and it have some kind of camera underneath. When I try to build the harrier I can't because it thinks the camera (shows as ar2-2 darter) is colliding with it

The Harrier mod is using a Darter for the camera function then and I guess when you spawn it, it's not spawning an 1 object like it supposedly should but the 2 separately. You want to talk to the mod owner there I think.

I've had problems spawning on water before but make sure that the entry is here (below) near the bottom of the classnames.sqf file.

boats_names = ["B_Boat_Transport_01_F","B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F"];

So is this big ship a modded big ship? If so, it won't be in there and I bet it needs to be. :) Let me know - also the FoB should be near the water ofc, you can only build in a set radius of the FoB. 

• Like 1

The Harrier mod is using a Darter for the camera function then and I guess when you spawn it, it's not spawning an 1 object like it supposedly should but the 2 separately. You want to talk to the mod owner there I think.

I've had problems spawning on water before but make sure that the entry is here (below) near the bottom of the classnames.sqf file.

boats_names = ["B_Boat_Transport_01_F","B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F"];

So is this big ship a modded big ship? If so, it won't be in there and I bet it needs to be. :) Let me know - also the FoB should be near the water ofc, you can only build in a set radius of the FoB. 

I don't have that boats_names line at all, i'll try to insert it .

EDIT: Okay boat spawning works now, thanks :)

• Like 1

@Applejakerie - So, we've completely wiped our save, made double sure of it and we've lost all progress..

We did this because we wanted to get Elite Vehicles spawning on bases and to get our "refreshed" and "updated" build menu..

Alas, no changes to the build menu and no elite vehicle unlock areas...

If anybody can crack this, let me know..

We're all pretty salty we erased a few days worth of progress for no gain..

**EDIT**

After making changes to the Build Menus for Light/Heavy/Air Vehicles, Buildings, and Supports..

The changes haven't shown up after restarting the mission and wiping the progress 3 times, even deleting and reuploading the mission..

Would changing --> GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_TANOA";                // Change this value if you want different savegames on different maps or as different sides. <-- make a difference?

Edited by constance68w

@Applejakerie - So, we've completely wiped our save, made double sure of it and we've lost all progress..

We did this because we wanted to get Elite Vehicles spawning on bases and to get our "refreshed" and "updated" build menu..

**EDIT**

After making changes to the Build Menus for Light/Heavy/Air Vehicles, Buildings, and Supports..

The changes haven't shown up after restarting the mission and wiping the progress 3 times, even deleting and reuploading the mission..

Would changing --> GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_TANOA";                // Change this value if you want different savegames on different maps or as different sides. <-- make a difference?

I don't know what you've done buddy but I can run you through a clean slate if you like, add me on Steam the user is the same. I'll be at reasonable GMT times tho. 

Use UAVs :) have one hover 200m above the zone(s) you want to attack. It'll trigger the spawn so your pilot can swing by, and it stops everything from despawning when you're all down. It's worth learning how to give UAVs orders so they'll fly there automatically.

• Like 1

**EDIT**

If the changes haven't shown up, there's a typo in the file. Usually it's something very trivial like a missing comma or a missing or extra bracket. Try commenting out all the sections but one type, test in the editor. If that section works the typo is in a different one. Just keep adding changes a bit at a time until its narrowed down. The cool thing is you can load the mission in the editor and alt tab to the class names file, make changes, save them, then go back and preview again in the editor.

The save key won't help. Its to distinguish between save games, each unique key is a different campaign.

edit: Can you upload your mission file and post a link to it?

2nd edit: did your changes work when testing in the editor, or testing on a LAN server, and then not work when uploaded to your dedi?

3rd edit: when you're playing on the dedi,does RHS content spawn in the wild, without you building it? Say, do you see BTRs defending towns or is it always technicals still?

Use UAVs :) have one hover 200m above the zone(s) you want to attack. It'll trigger the spawn so your pilot can swing by, and it stops everything from despawning when you're all down. It's worth learning how to give UAVs orders so they'll fly there automatically.

Thanks, I'll try that

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I'm still not playing Arma at all (last proper session was in january this year), still tired of dealing with all the glitches, fps issues and weird AI problems that Arma scripting always involves, still have very few motivated people to play with, still playing other games (trying and mostly succeeding to git gud at Overwatch). The recent purchase of a rift has made it even worse as Arma is the only simulation I'm playing that's not fully compatible with it (and even if it was, it wouldn't be playable anyways due to very low fps). I feel bad about leaving you guys stuck in the mud like that, but if feels too much of a hassle to do anything about it.

• Like 5