zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

The objective is for the #adminLogged module to work server side. I was not syncing the module to all the units, but I will give that a try and report back. Thanks for the help, guys. :)

Edit: Still no luck. Syncing the #adminLogged Zeus module to units yields the same results. Zeus still only works until respawn, resulting in just being able to ping. Could someone send me their mission that they've got this working on?

Download this:

https://github.com/Dexious/Tanoa_Lib0924_Dex/raw/master/Tanoa_Lib0924_Dex_r5.Tanoa.pbo

It is on Tanoa (DLC map). If you don't have it upload your mission and i could have a look at it,

Inside editor find the Game Master module that has in it's Owner field my PUID.

Either replace it with your PUID or enter the value #adminLogged.

Tell me if it worked.

Also take in consideration what people told you in previous comments about LAN and Server.

In server you have to type #login adminpassword to gain admin rights.

Download this:

https://github.com/Dexious/Tanoa_Lib0924_Dex/raw/master/Tanoa_Lib0924_Dex_r5.Tanoa.pbo

It is on Tanoa (DLC map). If you don't have it upload your mission and i could have a look at it,

Inside editor find the Game Master module that has in it's Owner field my PUID.

Either replace it with your PUID or enter the value #adminLogged.

Tell me if it worked.

Also take in consideration what people told you in previous comments about LAN and Server.

In server you have to type #login adminpassword to gain admin rights.

Thanks for that. After testing on your mission, results are the same. Seems like the issue is related to #adminLogged. Using the PUID in the module works correctly after respawn though.

I am testing locally, for it to be played on a server. I have tested on the server and results yield the same with #login password on the server for #adminLogged modules. So I guess the only route would to be using PUID. I noticed that you had two individual Zeus modules, not including the one synced to the costs and set attributes etc. Is it possible to have multiple PUID's in one Zeus module, or does each PUID need it's own Zeus module? 

Thanks for that. After testing on your mission, results are the same. Seems like the issue is related to #adminLogged. Using the PUID in the module works correctly after respawn though.

I am testing locally, for it to be played on a server. I have tested on the server and results yield the same with #login password on the server for #adminLogged modules. So I guess the only route would to be using PUID. I noticed that you had two individual Zeus modules, not including the one synced to the costs and set attributes etc. Is it possible to have multiple PUID's in one Zeus module, or does each PUID need it's own Zeus module? 

Yes you can have multiple Zeus modules for each player you want to have the ability to use Zeus as the example i gave you.

Go with that option since i don't think having multiple PUIDs in the Owner field of Zeus module would work.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Module:_Game_Master#Owner

did you try to synchronize the zeus module with #adminLogged still as owner defined?

that won't work... you need to empty the owner line first.

#adminLogged delete this entry and synchronizing zeus module 100% works

did you try to synchronize the zeus module with #adminLogged still as owner defined?

that won't work... you need to empty the owner line first.

#adminLogged delete this entry and synchronizing zeus module 100% works

Yes, I did do that. But, the goal was to have a separate #adminLogged module work as I want only people with access to the admin password to access unlocked zeus. 

The PUID method seems to be the only working alternative though. So, I'll try that.

Hit another wall for the save game portion.

I currently run it as a local host for a group, and am wanting to move it to the dedicated server (lets just say a dedicated on my own computer, barely a step up from the local host). I understand that he save game variable is in my user profile section (which appears binarized). But when I launch the dedicated server and choose my liberation map, it loads a brand new instance.

I must be missing something here on how to get it to load my previously saved version.

My currently gameplay_constatnts says "GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_TANOA"; // Change this value if you want different savegames on different maps or as different sides."

I did a quick find inside my user profile for liberation, and found that exact same phrase.

Edit: Using TADST is it matters.

Yes you can have multiple Zeus modules for each player you want to have the ability to use Zeus as the example i gave you.

Go with that option since i don't think having multiple PUIDs in the Owner field of Zeus module would work.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Module:_Game_Master#Owner

Something now seems to be conflicting on the server side. Locally, it works fine with the PUID. When I run the mission on a server, all I get is a ping before and after respawning. Very strange.

Something now seems to be conflicting on the server side. Locally, it works fine with the PUID. When I run the mission on a server, all I get is a ping before and after respawning. Very strange.

Can you upload your mission to check it out? Have you added any other scripts on the mission? The procedure is very straight forward, you can't go wrong with it..

Can you upload your mission to check it out? Have you added any other scripts on the mission? The procedure is very straight forward, you can't go wrong with it..

I PM'd you it. There are no other scripts in it.

Hit another wall for the save game portion.

I currently run it as a local host for a group, and am wanting to move it to the dedicated server (lets just say a dedicated on my own computer, barely a step up from the local host). I understand that he save game variable is in my user profile section (which appears binarized). But when I launch the dedicated server and choose my liberation map, it loads a brand new instance.

I must be missing something here on how to get it to load my previously saved version.

My currently gameplay_constatnts says "GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_TANOA"; // Change this value if you want different savegames on different maps or as different sides."

I did a quick find inside my user profile for liberation, and found that exact same phrase.

Edit: Using TADST is it matters.

@7akata, guess you are just confusing your own arma profile with dedicated server arma profile. I also host arma on dedicated server and I always backup lib mission stats by saving the variablefile belongs to dedicated server profile, which - assuming that the default profile paths are used and dedicated server arma profilename is "Server" - should be the file "C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Server.vars.Arma3Profile" . I have even created a particular batch file with 4 different options to manage the variablefile of any of my arma 3 profiles ... You can even save lib mission stats while the server is running.

@Dexious, thanx for sharing your tanoalib on github, I will try it asap.

@Applejakerie, I've starred & watching your tanoalib on github.

• Like 2

@Applejakerie, I've starred & watching your tanoalib on github.

Hey, thanks for that mention. It's a little outdated, lately I've been struggling to keep up alongside life duties etc but I'll send you a PM soon and get another update in. 

When I say outdated, I just haven't touched it in a while. Full Tanoa Conversion in case anyone else was interested.

If anyone's struggling to port, I don't mind. 

• Like 1

I appreciate it, but I'm going to take a look this afternoon. Shouldn't be to bad because I'm going to keep Far Revive and just delete the medical .pbo's off ACE. I want to keep most of the streamlined systems in place :D

If you find a way to install only the moduels you wany from ace could you please pm me or inform me.

I want to enable some stuff on the medical and change some stuff in repairs. :P

Becasue when you have the ace mod its has the default settings and i want the  advanced medicals and some other stuff :P

Edit: also does anyone know when there is gonna be a new update ?

Are there any tutorials on how to add more items to the build menu via the classnames.sqf file? I find it rather confusing.

If you find a way to install only the moduels you wany from ace could you please pm me or inform me.

I want to enable some stuff on the medical and change some stuff in repairs. :P

Becasue when you have the ace mod its has the default settings and i want the  advanced medicals and some other stuff :P

Edit: also does anyone know when there is gonna be a new update ?

You don't have to use all the modules..just install ACE and place the Modules you want to use.

We use the Basic Medical and the logistics..there are a lot of Modules but we don't have them all active.

Ask on the ACE Github too they are more than happy to help.

I do know if you go deleting things it will mess up the MP side and people will have issues.

Diesel

This is a really good Mission, good job zbug and all involved!

I have kind of a request/feature: in commander mode how can you control the ai via the remote control module in zeus? I think the ability to control the ai will be of high value to people that play solo/few players.

If I have to edit the mission and this zeus module was disabled, how do I go about changing it so I can only control only my side? Even total control of all units is going to be sufficient for me, I just want a way to control ai pilots so i can simulate deploying my own troops and then taking control of them or making them attack from one position while I control another group flanking the position.

Zbug,

It's been a great mission up to this point but haven't seen a post from you for some time now. Could you tell me what your position is for any improvement/enhancements are for this mission going forward?

Thanks,

Vengeance

Anyone know how to limit the amount of zones that can be active and the amount of AI that can be spawned?

Unit cap in parameters @ lobby. 

Thanks, but I mean a little more stricter than that. As in limiting the amount of AI that can be spawned at once. Example, if there are say, 80 AI spawned, and I don't want anymore to spawn until they start dying, is there a way to specifically set something like this up?

Sure but with a little work probably beyond my own knowledge lol.

In gameplay_constants.sqf you could lower the sector_size, that'll stop sectors spawning unless you're real close. You could lower the GRLIB_battlegroup_cap too, from like 8 to 6 or 6 to 4, however you're setup. There's a cleanup_delay you could lower if you're struggling for FPS/server load. From just looking too there is a GRLIB_blufor_cap and _sector_cap, maybe these are what you need specifically but I don't know how they work for sure, sorry. 

Sure but with a little work probably beyond my own knowledge lol.

In gameplay_constants.sqf you could lower the sector_size, that'll stop sectors spawning unless you're real close. You could lower the GRLIB_battlegroup_cap too, from like 8 to 6 or 6 to 4, however you're setup. There's a cleanup_delay you could lower if you're struggling for FPS/server load. From just looking too there is a GRLIB_blufor_cap and _sector_cap, maybe these are what you need specifically but I don't know how they work for sure, sorry. 

Thanks for your help again :) I'll take a look at these

No problem, just a thought at seeing this reply - 

Pretty sure the unit cap in parameters is tied into that _blufor_cap variable. As in, if your blu_cap is 100 and you're using 100% unit cap in parameters, then the blu_cap is 100 as a number. So 75% unit cap would probably mean the blu_cap variable reads at 75. Just an unconfirmed hunch but yer, give it all a test and see where you get. What is it directly you're looking to do? Defeat some FPS issues?

So I suppose there is no clear way then to add items to the build menu in game...

So I suppose there is no clear way then to add items to the build menu in game...

Open the "classnames.sqf" file located inside "scripts\shared\"

Lines 22-142 you see categories like "infantry_units, light_vehicles etc".

Each category has it's own classnames that are getting displayed.

Let's say i want to add an Officer in category "light_units" i would add this line:

code...code...code
 ["B_helipilot_F",1,0,0],
 ["B_officer_F",1,0,0]
];

Notice that when i add a new object in the array you have to use " , " character to seperate it from the previous one.

The last item in the array doesn't need to end with " , " else it will give you errors and mission won't run.

So what you need to do is ["unit_classname",green_resource,red_resource,yellow_resource]

By resource i mean the Population, Ammo, Fuel that the unit will require to be build.

You can get the unit's classname from inside the Eden Editor by placing the unit/object and hover your mouse over it OR you can right click and copy classname to clipboard.

That can be used by selecting multiple units/objects to save time.

If you want to DELETE / REMOVE just don't forget to delete " , " from the last item in the array.

The units/objects are listed in-game by the order you have them inside the code.

Hope it helped,

Bye! :)