zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

The drone is probably a flaw aye but I'd say that in all reality, refuel, rearm and repair needs to take time to compensate for the actual doing of those jobs. 

How many times have you filled your cars petrol in 0.1 seconds flat? How many jets land and lift off within 5 seconds? etc.

It takes more time than 1 minute though. And rate of rearming in arma depends on the type of ammo, larger takes longer.

How can i change respawn from your script to New BIS respawn screen an revive to BIS revive ?

Does anyone know if you're able to modify the map 'mid-game' without restarting the whole campaign. I run a local server, and wanted to possibly add ACE3 in, but we're about a week in. Will it auto restart the campaign after I make changes, or is there a way to 'save' the progress before modifying?

There's an inbuilt saving feature tied to the value at the top of gameplay_constants.sqf, as long as that value is the same the save will be the same and only resets when you set the parameters to wipe-game.

So yer, just go ahead and add ACE3. I'm not sure how important it is but I wouldn't remove anything that is tied into the mission already as that could break your save maybe(?). 

EDIT: Remember ACE3 needs FAR Revive disabled in the parameters to operate properly. 

• Like 1

There's an inbuilt saving feature tied to the value at the top of gameplay_constants.sqf, as long as that value is the same the save will be the same and only resets when you set the parameters to wipe-game.

So yer, just go ahead and add ACE3. I'm not sure how important it is but I wouldn't remove anything that is tied into the mission already as that could break your save maybe(?). 

EDIT: Remember ACE3 needs FAR Revive disabled in the parameters to operate properly. 

Thanks, that's pretty convenient (almost like its own checksum?).

I haven't messed with ACE in a long while, but I thought you could only add certain "modules" that you  want. I really don't want to run the medical, but DO want things like the new missile/laser rework (top down, etc). Essentially I didn't want to change any of the work already done, but wanted to add some ACE things in.

Maybe more like a binary_checksum but I don't think it's used, I don't know myself though. You'd have to ask zBug. ^^

I haven't messed with ACE3 at all I'm afraid, can't offer any help from here but I hear it's pretty much the usual install to the map and disable FAR revive in parameters. 

You can change the default parameters in mission_params.hpp or something similar off the top of my head.

EDIT: I can maybe convince someone who knows more into helping you if you run into any trouble, just send me a PM. 

I appreciate it, but I'm going to take a look this afternoon. Shouldn't be to bad because I'm going to keep Far Revive and just delete the medical .pbo's off ACE. I want to keep most of the streamlined systems in place :D

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a solution to have a separate Zeus module or a way to keep the current Zeus system as is but also have a #adminLogged option that can place anything without the costs etc?

Yer that's about somewhere but I don't have the work anywhere, search back a few pages, Dexious posted a quick guide previously I'm sure of it. 

Yer that's about somewhere but I don't have the work anywhere, search back a few pages, Dexious posted a quick guide previously I'm sure of it. 

Thanks, found it. For some reason I'm having an issue where after my first respawn, Zeus no longer opens. Odd.

Very odd, usually the bug is that you can't access Zeus until you've respawn at least once, not the other way haha. 

I appreciate it, but I'm going to take a look this afternoon. Shouldn't be to bad because I'm going to keep Far Revive and just delete the medical .pbo's off ACE. I want to keep most of the streamlined systems in place :D

Don't hold me to this but if you are hosting a server and delete pbo files clients wont be able to connect because it reads that as a mismatch..Id check with the ACE guys to be sure. I use ACE on my server and use ACE Medical basic. The only thing Ive found with using ACE is if you spawn any repair vehicles they still work in vanilla mode,so I had to go in and take those out of the config. to force players to use the ACE enabled vehicles at base. Otherwise if you just disable FAR Revive ACE revive works fine using epi pens.

Diesel

Oh I didn't think of that. 

If you have verify signatures on, no one will have the same mod config unless they too delete the .pbo's you've deleted client side which is absurd. 

It's better to leave the .pbo in and find another workaround for it to match your needs, or disable verify signatures and see what happens. 

Very odd, usually the bug is that you can't access Zeus until you've respawn at least once, not the other way haha. 

Any ideas on what I could do to troubleshoot this?

No not really sorry, all I know is to use this at various points in the script to make sure it's reading all the way through.

Check this topic if you want, could help. Zeu Debugging Tutorial.

[] spawn {sleep 3; systemchat "DEBUG: BLAH BLAH BLAH";};

Looks like having two Zeus Game Master modules breaks the functionality after respawning. So, having only one works, I guess...

Edit: Nvm, seems like the issue is something related within the mission/scripts itself. Can't seem to get an #adminLogged zeus module to work period in this mission

Looks like having two Zeus Game Master modules breaks the functionality after respawning. So, having only one works, I guess...

Edit: Nvm, seems like the issue is something related within the mission/scripts itself. Can't seem to get an #adminLogged zeus module to work period in this mission

Are you trying to access #adminLogged Zeus on Commander slot? If you are, i'm sure it conflicts.

• Like 1

You don't have to delete .pbo's from ACE. Read this

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings-framework.html

• Like 1

Just want to clarify I am doing this correctly...I am replacing some of the support vehicles with RHS stuff..so where it says "default classnames" I changed them to RHS names. But do I still need to add them in at the bottom under support vehicles overwrite? and if so do I have to assign each one what it is or do I put in Arsenal_typename, Respawn_truck_typename, FOB_box_typename and FOB_truck_typename in there.

// *** SUPPORT STUFF ***

// Setting a value here will overwrite the original value found from the mission. Do that if you're doing a total conversion.
// Each of these should be unique, the same classnames for different purposes may cause various unpredictable issues with player actions. Or not. Just don't try.
FOB_typename = nil;      // Default "Land_Cargo_HQ_V3_F";
FOB_box_typename = nil;     // Default "B_Slingload_01_Cargo_F";
FOB_truck_typename = nil;    // Default "rhsusf_M1083A1P2_wd_open_fmtv_usarmy";
Arsenal_typename = nil;     // Default "B_supplyCrate_F";
Respawn_truck_typename = nil;   // Default "rhsusf_M1083A1P2_B_wd_fmtv_usarmy";
huron_typename = nil;     // Default "B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F";
ammobox_b_typename = nil;    // Default "Box_NATO_AmmoVeh_F";
ammobox_o_typename = nil;    // Default "Box_East_AmmoVeh_F";
opfor_ammobox_transport = nil;   // Default "O_Truck_03_transport_F";    // Make sure this thing can transport ammo boxes (see box_transport_config down below) otherwise things will break
commander_classname = nil;    // Default "B_officer_F"
crewman_classname = nil;    // Default "B_crew_F";
pilot_classname = nil;     // Default "B_Helipilot_F";

support_vehicles_overwrite = true;  // If you're going to overwrite this, make sure you have at least Arsenal_typename, Respawn_truck_typename, FOB_box_typename and FOB_truck_typename in there
support_vehicles_extension = [
["B_supplyCrate_F"],
["rhsusf_M1083A1P2_wd_open_fmtv_usarmy"],
["B_Slingload_01_Cargo_F"],
["rhsusf_M1083A1P2_B_wd_fmtv_usarmy"],
[]
];

Hey Diesel, it can definitely be confusing aha. 

// = Comment, as in the server doesn't read anything past these // or in between these /* */. Those comments specifically were to point out the usual default values in the classnames.sqf file.

Just to help people recognise which line controlled which role I guess hahaha. 

To overwrite the original value, you want to replace the nil with "classname" ( include the " " ).

So it is: FOB_truck_typename = "rhsusf_M1083A1P2_wd_open_fmtv_usarmy";       //COMMENTS

If you're not changing anything else, just those vehicles declared up top, you don't need to do anything else. The value of those top vehicles becomes the new one you stuck in that classnames_extension.sqf file and then the default support lists calls for the _typename variables which are, just to be specific, the values we just mentioned, that you put in to overwrite the default values by replacing nil with a "classname". If you are changing other things in the support list, such as the Bobcat or adding vehicles and changing the NATO repair truck to a US repair truck for example, then yes in classnames_extension.sqf add what you want as well as the _typename variables and that'll call your new values, like before. If you're doing the former, make sure you put overwrite = true back to = false. I should say if you are changing the repair, rearm, or refuel vehicles there's another slither of code that needs your attention near the bottom of the classnames.sqf file.

Hey Diesel, it can definitely be confusing aha. 

// = Comment, as in the server doesn't read anything past these // or in between these /* */. Those comments specifically were to point out the usual default values in the classnames.sqf file.

Just to help people recognise which line controlled which role I guess hahaha. 

To overwrite the original value, you want to replace the nil with "classname" ( include the " " ).

So it is: FOB_truck_typename = "rhsusf_M1083A1P2_wd_open_fmtv_usarmy";       //COMMENTS

If you're not changing anything else, just those vehicles declared up top, you don't need to do anything else. The value of those top vehicles becomes the new one you stuck in that classnames_extension.sqf file and then the default support lists calls for the _typename variables which are, just to be specific, the values we just mentioned, that you put in to overwrite the default values by replacing nil with a "classname". If you are changing other things in the support list, such as the Bobcat or adding vehicles and changing the NATO repair truck to a US repair truck for example, then yes in classnames_extension.sqf add what you want as well as the _typename variables and that'll call your new values, like before. If you're doing the former, make sure you put overwrite = true back to = false. I should say if you are changing the repair, rearm, or refuel vehicles there's another slither of code that needs your attention near the bottom of the classnames.sqf file.

Ahhh ok cool..thanks for the clarification..yeah I'm using all ACE repair stuff and Medical so that overwrites the Vanilla stuff..just didn't want people spawning a ton of vehicles for support..this forces them to use whats at base and when its gone its gone..a little more life like and realistic.

Thanks again for the clarification..having a blast with this on Kunduz..am now porting it to Bozcaada...neither Map requires a huge CUP download so I like the stand alone Maps myself.

Diesel

• Like 1

Are you trying to access #adminLogged Zeus on Commander slot? If you are, i'm sure it conflicts.

I'm using the Zeus method you posted and still having this issue. Locally, Zeus works with #adminLogged until I respawn, then it just pings it. On server side, it just pings it. Not sure what could be causing the issue.

I'm using the Zeus method you posted and still having this issue. Locally, Zeus works with #adminLogged until I respawn, then it just pings it. On server side, it just pings it. Not sure what could be causing the issue.

#adminLogged means you need to be logged in as admin on your server to use zeus.

to use the zeus module local (LAN) simply synchronize it in the editor with the unit you use to play.

Also as mentioned above avoid using the Commander Slot again, so sync a new Zeus module with #adminLogged to any/all player units aside for the commandant, then make sure you're one of those roles and logged into Admin on your server. 

#adminLogged means you need to be logged in as admin on your server to use zeus.

to use the zeus module local (LAN) simply synchronize it in the editor with the unit you use to play.

Also as mentioned above avoid using the Commander Slot again, so sync a new Zeus module with #adminLogged to any/all player units aside for the commandant, then make sure you're one of those roles and logged into Admin on your server. 

The objective is for the #adminLogged module to work server side. I was not syncing the module to all the units, but I will give that a try and report back. Thanks for the help, guys. :)

Edit: Still no luck. Syncing the #adminLogged Zeus module to units yields the same results. Zeus still only works until respawn, resulting in just being able to ping. Could someone send me their mission that they've got this working on?