zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

My game always crash at the exact same place.

The only mod i'm using is CBA A3

1.I load a private LAN server with liberation

2.I pick up my loadout

3.I give myself all permission

4.I get in the ghosthawk

5.I fly over the crate and pick it up with the sling

6.I start flying toward the main island

7.My game crashes when i'm close to the island

I get an Unable_to_init_DXGI

I included my crash log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9050706/arma3_2016-09-24_00-15-48.rpt

I do not own any of the DLC and I'm verifying integrity of game cache at the moment.

Edit: verifying integrity of game cache fixed it

• Like 2

Curious, my Arsenal on Liberation doesnt seem to include the APEX scopes, but apex everything else (no ERCO, colored ARCO's etc). Any thoughts on why or how to remedy?

Edit: It seems the Vanilla/APEX gun work with the new scopes, but not the RHS guns :(

I always use the main base as a starting point and put in a manual arsenal..just for those testing loadouts and a quick re-load instead of opening up the in mission box.

No, I didn't. ^^ Sorry buddy but it's beyond me just now.

Same issue too really, a lot of the equipment will clip rather than spawn above the deck. Also the spawn will land you in the water, or inside the ships hull. 

I'm sure it is possible, maybe even more so nowww but ehe, I'll hit you up if I find out anything. 

Edit: Personally I'm aiming for a mode where the Nimitz is Chimera aye but acts as an FoB, build would be available etc. 

I think they just did an update for that Nimitz beta didn't they? Maybe they go some issues fixed.

• Like 1

Liberation Vietnam with the addition of a headless client and vcomai. Their aiming skills range between 0.05 and 0.2 and the headless client has made them even more reactive and deadly. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/-U9V5Zef-IA

• Like 1

Hello all.

So i found this missions jsut 5-10 hours again and i've been playing its solo and its seems to be quite nice. Lots of stuff to do :)

So i want to play with my friends but we all use RHS and AC3. So my question is there any support or versions that supoort it ???

I found something on github but well medic system seems broken. I got shot and i had the bleeding red flash around my screen but the mod said i wasnt hit anywhere ... Also i tried  to patch me up and i still had that bleeding effect (and the groudn was a olympic size pool of blood).

P.S: i read that the guy whose making it will probably start supporting mods after V1.0 but i am asking if anyone has already done it.

P.S2: i hope the peopel making this read this reply casue i want them to know they made a really nice mission... I mean really good one,at least for me.

Dont think there is official support for it yet..I use ACE and RHS as well as TFAR and a Landing craft in mine..but to be able to spawn anything other than vanilla vehicles within the mission I think you have to add in or change all the classnames. and with ACE the the Medical vehicles and the Repair vehicles wouldn't work right because they need to be designated as each in the editor. What I do is use RHS stuff as Support at base like Medical and repair  and Transport vehicles then just have a few Hummves to start out with then anything we get or build from the point system is all fighting vehicles. ACE Revive works great..just need to disable the FAR revive in the mission.

Diesel

Before I attempt it..has anyone ported this over to Kunduz?

Diesel

Edit..got impatient ..already almost done..lol

So I'm trying to modify the game so that instead of civilians spawning it's Police that will fight the Redfor with us.

I'm using "Independent" units for my police force so in the gameplay_constants I switched side_civilian from CIVILIAN to RESISTANCE since resistance is the greenfor team.

The problem is that the Police won't spawn. Their vehicles spawn, but completely empty. Is there something I'm missing?

So i want to play with my friends but we all use RHS and AC3. So my question is there any support or versions that supoort it ???

I found something on github but well medic system seems broken. I got shot and i had the bleeding red flash around my screen but the mod said i wasnt hit anywhere ... Also i tried  to patch me up and i still had that bleeding effect (and the groudn was a olympic size pool of blood).

Heeroyuy, there's limited support available but mostly it's entirely possible on your own - just a brief explanation but; you need .pbo manager, install that then right click the "mission_name".pbo > PBO Manager > extract to "mission_name". This is all the mission files, you want classnames_extensions.sqf and in there there should be some comments to help you out. Mainly tho you just want to fill out the extension lists with RHS classnames if they're not already and then set the overwrite = false above each used list to overwrite = true IF you want this list to overwrite the original, otherwise it'll just be added on top and you'll see both the original and RHS units out on the field. Make sure you follow the format firmly. 

As for ACE just install it as usual but make sure to disable FAR revive in mission parameters from the start game lobby. You can also do it by default in mission_params.hpp, use the search bar from the root of the folder to find it easy. 

It should be Arma 3 - Other Profiles\*USER*\missions\"mission_name.misson_map"\ui.. 

Before I attempt it.. has anyone ported this over to Kunduz?

Diesel

Edit..got impatient ..already almost done..lol

I did! ^^ But I didn't retain the version when it became outdated. I just had to say it's a lot of fun tho, remove air support on your side and make it some firm ground incursions and you'll enjoy it. 

We used the Project OPFOR mod for different enemies. ;)

Edit: You might wanna reduce the sector zones or at least the distance of active sectors tho to avoid having to follow the unit caps idea of progression and lag issues.

So I'm trying to modify the game so that instead of civilians spawning it's Police that will fight the Redfor with us.

I'm using "Independent" units for my police force so in the gameplay_constants I switched side_civilian from CIVILIAN to RESISTANCE since resistance is the greenfor team.

The problem is that the Police won't spawn. Their vehicles spawn, but completely empty. Is there something I'm missing?

Stick side_civilian back to = CIVILIAN and then try classnames_extensions.sqf and just add independent units to the civilian list, see how it goes?

When I wanted these kind of constant wars I just added both an independent and an opfor team to the opfor lists and they did battle. 

It also caused a lot of lag issues and didn't return the result you'd think it would. Usually you'd run towards the sector, then they all spawn and you hear a short burst of heavy gunfire, then you arrive 30 seconds later to find 3 opfor and a lot of bodies. 

Heeroyuy, there's limited support available but mostly it's entirely possible on your own - just a brief explanation but; you need .pbo manager, install that then right click the "mission_name".pbo > PBO Manager > extract to "mission_name". This is all the mission files, you want classnames_extensions.sqf and in there there should be some comments to help you out. Mainly tho you just want to fill out the extension lists with RHS classnames if they're not already and then set the overwrite = false above each used list to overwrite = true IF you want this list to overwrite the original, otherwise it'll just be added on top and you'll see both the original and RHS units out on the field. Make sure you follow the format firmly. 

As for ACE just install it as usual but make sure to disable FAR revive in mission parameters from the start game lobby. You can also do it by default in mission_params.hpp, use the search bar from the root of the folder to find it easy. 

It should be Arma 3 - Other Profiles\*USER*\missions\"mission_name.misson_map"\ui.. 

I did! ^^ But I didn't retain the version when it became outdated. I just had to say it's a lot of fun tho, remove air support on your side and make it some firm ground incursions and you'll enjoy it. 

We used the Project OPFOR mod for different enemies. ;)

Edit: You might wanna reduce the sector zones or at least the distance of active sectors tho to avoid having to follow the unit caps idea of progression and lag issues.

Stick side_civilian back to = CIVILIAN and then try classnames_extensions.sqf and just add independent units to the civilian list, see how it goes?

When I wanted these kind of constant wars I just added both an independent and an opfor team to the opfor lists and they did battle. 

It also caused a lot of lag issues and didn't return the result you'd think it would. Usually you'd run towards the sector, then they all spawn and you hear a short burst of heavy gunfire, then you arrive 30 seconds later to find 3 opfor and a lot of bodies. 

Thanks a lot i will try doing that.

ALso thanks to the other people that unswered me :)

to tel lyou the truth i was sure if i should post becasue i never took part in the arma forums thouhg i have played like 2000 hours in arma 2 , arma OA and arma 3 ..

i was to afraid i was gonna get an answer like RTFM in linux forums :P  THanks again :)

• Like 1

I thought that since in a basic mission, no side will ever shoot at anything on side "civilian" even if they've been shot at by them, I figured switching it to Greenfor would make them fight back. But if you've tried it before then I guess I'll try it the same way. I just wanted to add them as side_civilian so they would have "Police patrols" like the civilians sometimes randomly do. Also I wanted to include regular civilians alongside the police so that if you incur too much collateral damage the police would turn on you until you fix your standing with them (by killing more OPFOR).

• Like 1

Is the music in the intro and beginning while you "deploy" standard A3 music or is that something the mission maker put in? I have music in my choppers at base that go on a trigger but couldn't find anywhere that the intro music was.

Diesel

I thought that since in a basic mission, no side will ever shoot at anything on side "civilian" even if they've been shot at by them, I figured switching it to Greenfor would make them fight back. But if you've tried it before then I guess I'll try it the same way. I just wanted to add them as side_civilian so they would have "Police patrols" like the civilians sometimes randomly do. Also I wanted to include regular civilians alongside the police so that if you incur too much collateral damage the police would turn on you until you fix your standing with them (by killing more OPFOR).

I like the idea and I'm no pro so take any of my advice with a grain of salt. xP Just I don't feel that changing the civilian list will change anything, they don't exactly spawn in patrols as such. 

I think what you're after is going to need some more edits and a new chunk of code somewhere. ^^

I like the idea and I'm no pro so take any of my advice with a grain of salt. xP Just I don't feel that changing the civilian list will change anything, they don't exactly spawn in patrols as such. 

I think what you're after is going to need some more edits and a new chunk of code somewhere. ^^

they don't spawn in patrols as such, but they spawn in and around sectors and only when there are players near, which is what i want

• Like 1

Is the music in the intro and beginning while you "deploy" standard A3 music or is that something the mission maker put in? I have music in my choppers at base that go on a trigger but couldn't find anywhere that the intro music was.

Diesel

The far left trigger around the units that players spawn on, plays This is War. It's an Arma track but removing the trigger should remove the song as far as I'm concerned at a glance? 

• Like 1

The far left trigger around the units that players spawn on, plays This is War. It's an Arma track but removing the trigger should remove the song as far as I'm concerned at a glance? 

Yeah that was it...I ended up replacing the music effects with my own music and left the end game one in. I have music in my choppers for whoever is in it and wanted some different intro music so that worked out well...thanks I appreciate it. Kunduz is coming along nicely,not as big as the other Maps but I think it should work well...a guy can only take so much jungle..lol

Diesel

Haha Kunduz is an awesome map but yes, it's not a long term basis, I'd say an average 5 days with enough people and a higher difficulty. I tried to be cheeky and placed a sector on almost every compound available haha, aside for the larger clustered areas where I'd throw in a large city and a base or two haha. When you're trying to take one sector and have to worry about incoming fire from three, it's really kind of something. :P

I'm definitely going to have to port it again thinking about it. :P

So, I'm wondering if my game is perhaps bugged. I'm up to 15 intel, interrogated mutiple people, and have never recieved anything on the map w/ an idication of where the logistics fob is. We've been forced to play at 100% for a while now because we're never getting any indicators.

Thoughts?

I am really dumb, thought it was automatic. It can all be handled through the "Side Mission" scroll option at your fob, for anyone googling :)

AJ: I'm using your Tanoa edit, love it. Thanks much!

• Like 1

Haha yes, near an FoB you should see "Secondary Missions" in the scroll list. :) Cheers mate, let me know how it runs. I hear BI threw in some FPS tweaks for Tanoa. 

Why does vehicle resupply use some kind of a script making you wait for getting ammo, fuel, repair? Wouldn't it be better to just use of arma build-in resupply actions (which are still there) and give resupply boxes/vehicles very large amount of ammo/fuel/repair using: ammobox setAmmoCargo 1e100;...

The arma system is working quite well actually and works for drones too (current Liberation script doesn't).

The drone is probably a flaw aye but I'd say that in all reality, refuel, rearm and repair needs to take time to compensate for the actual doing of those jobs. 

How many times have you filled your cars petrol in 0.1 seconds flat? How many jets land and lift off within 5 seconds? etc.

Is there any way to disable the respawn truck and supply vehicles you can build..I just want to force players to use what I have set up at base..I want to be able to build a FOB but not create vehicles..I want them to use whats at base and use ACE Repair only. Too easy just being able to spawn whatever you want all over the Map I think.

Diesel

Hey so i've been playing for a week now i have a solo file and a file i play with one of my friends and we made some progress we took 15 Points of interest until now. I also tried your advisces for integrating the ace mod but i still have one little problem i got the ace to play with most of each stuff but even when i do disable the reiivive fuction from the permissions menu and i use bandages to heal etc players seem not to be able to heal. i put a bandage and morphine etc use the proper stuff that otherwise would heal you in ace but i still see red flashing in my screen. doesanyone else know how to solve that ?

Edit: Right now are the only secondary missions the convy and fob hunt or later on we will unlock new ones ??

Is there any way to disable the respawn truck and supply vehicles you can build..I just want to force players to use what I have set up at base..I want to be able to build a FOB but not create vehicles..I want them to use whats at base and use ACE Repair only. Too easy just being able to spawn whatever you want all over the Map I think.

Simply go into classnames.sqf and remove the entries from the support list further down, about midway through. If you're using mods and previously changed the overwrites in classnames_extension.sqf then use this one instead and delete the entries. Make sure overwrite = true above the list as well. Or if you wanna keep the vehicles but not the supply processes go near the bottom of classnames.sqf and remove them from the arrays that handle these processes.

Hey so i've been playing for a week now i have a solo file and a file i play with one of my friends and we made some progress we took 15 Points of interest until now. I also tried your advisces for integrating the ace mod but i still have one little problem i got the ace to play with most of each stuff but even when i do disable the reiivive fuction from the permissions menu and i use bandages to heal etc players seem not to be able to heal. i put a bandage and morphine etc use the proper stuff that otherwise would heal you in ace but i still see red flashing in my screen. doesanyone else know how to solve that ?

Edit: Right now are the only secondary missions the convy and fob hunt or later on we will unlock new ones ??

Sorry I'm no good with ACE bud it's not my favourite so I've never tried it myself.

I'm confused, Search and Rescue (SAR) should be a secondary mission you can view too. All are available as soon as you have the required Intel but there are no others to unlock.

So, I've done a little poking and prodding at all the various sqf's in the mission and haven't been able to quite figure this one out. Is there a way to set specific vehicles in the mission to be built with a particular texture? (ie. the Strider with the NATO variant texture)