zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Really enjoying this so far..I think I am having as much fun moving supplies to the FOB rather than just creating them on the spot than I am fighting the bad guys!

arma3_2016_09_14_16_14_34_53.jpg

• Like 2

I could use some help on Zeus.

I want to enable it for my mission (playing solo), would there be any way to enable it through the 3D editor, and such?

Primarily it's to edit load outs of teammates

Also, having trouble disabling the stamina through the parameters menu, any way I could fix that?

We had kind of the same issues on altis. I am wondering if passing AI to a headless client would speed things along. If I can't get it to work, I am going to either fix it or pay someone to rewrite the arma 2 code we have. We used to spawn AI and move it in front of the direction of travel so there were always AI as they didn't have to respawn, they were moved. It made the outer roads of Fallujah a shooting gallery with RPG's passing between vehicles and the best AI spawner I have seen. We miss it.

Usually when the enemy aren't spawning in fast enough for it not to be immersion-breaking it's because the server load is choking. Moving the AI onto a headless would indeed help but comes with its own secondary issues you have to work through it seems. If you really think it's the better solution to spawning then send me some links? I'll look into it with some semi-pro's. 

Really enjoying this so far..I think I am having as much fun moving supplies to the FOB rather than just creating them on the spot than I am fighting the bad guys!

Does indeed look freaking awesome! What mod did it come from?

I want to enable it for my mission (playing solo), would there be any way to enable it through the 3D editor, and such?

Also, having trouble disabling the stamina through the parameters menu, any way I could fix that?

Zeus is already available on the Commander role. It's locked up tho and doesn't allow much functionality. There are some edits to change that tho. 

Also disabling stamina should be as easy as logging in as admin, going to parameters in the mission lobby and changing Stamina to disabled. If that's not working try changing the default to disabled in mission_params.sqf okay?:)

You can add another curator module to the mission and bind it to #adminLogged. You'll still have to make some changes in the code though since the mission (no idea why) automatically restricts all curators instead of just the default one.

As far as editing loadouts goes. I've added an action that can be used on nearby AI while you're in range of an FOB, that simply transfers your own loadout to the AI. That works quite well (the loadout changes are not saved though)

Insert this block in "\scripts\client\actions\action_manager.sqf" (before the line at the end where it says "sleep 1"):

if ( (_fobdistance < _distredeploy || count _neararsenal != 0 || count _nearspawn != 0 || (player distance lhd) < 200) && alive player && vehicle player == player ) then {
		if (_idact_transfer == -1) then {
			_idact_transfer = player addAction ["<t color='#FFFF00'>Transfer loadout</t>","scripts\client\actions\transfer_loadout.sqf","",-980,true,true,"",'(cursorObject isKindOf "Man") && {!isPlayer cursorObject} && {alive cursorObject} && {side cursorObject == side player} && {build_confirmed == 0} && {(player distanceSqr cursorObject) < 50}'];
		};
	} else {
		if ( _idact_transfer != -1 ) then {
			player removeAction _idact_transfer;
			_idact_transfer = -1;
		};
	};

insert this at the beginning of the document (where the other variables are)

_idact_transfer = -1;

also create a file named "\scripts\client\actions\transfer_loadout.sqf" with this code:

private ["_caller","_trg","_loadout"];

_caller = _this select 1;
_trg = cursorObject;

_loadout = getUnitLoadout _caller;
_trg setUnitLoadout _loadout;

- - - - -

I love it! What mod is that from?

• Like 3

Ok here it goes:

For Zeus: 

1. Open the mission and add one Game Master module.

2. In the Variable Name name it whatever (e.x Zeus1)

3. In the Owner either type your PUID or just #adminLogged if you want anyone who logins with admin right to use it.

4. On the Commander module add in the Variable Name something (e.x z_commander) 

5. Go to scripts\server\game\zeus_synchro.sqf file

6. Edit line 39 "z_gm = x;" to "z_gm = z_commader;" [use the name you placed in Commander module Variable Name field]

7. Near the end change "foreach allCurators;" to "foreach [z_commander];"

8. Done.

With the above only Commander has limited actions in Zeus mode. If you add any other Zeus modules they have full access.

For Loadouts i use the Loadouts Transfer script from here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193984-loadout-transfer-2/

You can download the script version from here:

https://github.com/stcrowe/LoadoutTransfer[Click the button to Download]

1. After downloading place file "LT" in mission directory.

2. Inside "description.ext" place 

#include "LT\LTmenu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{ 
      #include "LT\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

3. Go to "scripts\client\actions\action_manager.sqf" file.

4. Add the line "_idact_LT = -1;" above "_idact_build = -1;"

5. Above "sleep 1;" type

if ( (_fobdistance < _distredeploy || count _neararsenal != 0 || count _nearspawn != 0 || (player distance lhd) < 200) && alive player && vehicle player == player ) then {
		if (_idact_LT == -1) then {
			_idact_LT = [player] call LT_fnc_addAction;
		};
	} else {
		if ( _idact_LT != -1 ) then {
			player removeAction _idact_LT;
			_idact_LT = -1;
		};
	};

6. Done.

Now whenever you near FOB/Respawn Point etc you'll have a menu where you can transfer loadout to units with 2 clicks [Whatever Loadout you have saved in the Arsenal]

If you want to configure it's functionality read this documentation.

You can also use Tajin's version above if it suits you.

Lastly for stamina do what Applejakerie wrote above. Although a minor correction the file you need to edit is located here: "ui\mission_params.hpp".

Don't look for an "sqf" file.

Hope it helped you.

P.S In order to be able to see/edit all units that spawn etc with Zeus you need to add another script. If you need it post here.

• Like 2

Lastly for stamina do what Applejakerie wrote above. Although a minor correction the file you need to edit is located here: "ui\mission_params.hpp".

Don't look for an "sqf" file.

Nice catch, I didn't even notice haha. 

Usually when the enemy aren't spawning in fast enough for it not to be immersion-breaking it's because the server load is choking. Moving the AI onto a headless would indeed help but comes with its own secondary issues you have to work through it seems. If you really think it's the better solution to spawning then send me some links? I'll look into it with some semi-pro's. 

Zeus is already available on the Commander role. It's locked up tho and doesn't allow much functionality. There are some edits to change that tho. 

Also disabling stamina should be as easy as logging in as admin, going to parameters in the mission lobby and changing Stamina to disabled. If that's not working try changing the default to disabled in mission_params.sqf okay? :)

The Mod is Burnes MK10 Landing Craft..if you google it Armaholic links it to youtube where the download links are. The Mod is only 70MB so it isn't huge exactly what Tanoa needed for those of us who don't fly to transport vehicles and supplies.

I like the idea of creating assets only at the main base then transporting them to the FOBs.

arma3_2016_09_14_15_58_48_59.jpg

Diesel

• Like 1

It shouldn't be choking. We got some help from a gentleman and they spawn perfectly now for us. They are prepared and ready before we get there.

Also disabling stamina should be as easy as logging in as admin, going to parameters in the mission lobby and changing Stamina to disabled. If that's not working try changing the default to disabled in mission_params.sqf okay? :)

• Like 2

It shouldn't be choking. We got some help from a gentleman and they spawn perfectly now for us. They are prepared and ready before we get there.

Hello!

I was hoping you could possibly provide a little more insight on what was done to correct this issue?

Thanks!

~Sil~

• Like 1

I was hoping you could possibly provide a little more insight on what was done to correct this issue?

I'd rather run a few more tests first to make sure the spawning isn't too agressive now.

If sowens doesn't mind, then I'll gladly share the changes here after that.

• Like 1

Been away from editing this mission for a while, but now I'm back. I am still trying to figure out this charlie foxtrot 3D editor thing and why it can't seem to save a mission intact without the need to import/convert it while losing everything except the mission.sqm. Also trying to figure out why helicopters on the LHD start airborne with their engines running then fall down and either end up disabled or destroyed.

Here's the error message giving me a headache:

No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/liberation_deploy/DeployMap.LineMarker'

So far I figured out that I need to add some line to the description.ext but have yet to figure out what that line is. Any help would be appreciated. Also any other advice on this confusing map editor thing would really help me along. I miss the old 2D editor already.

Thanks.

@Applejakerie , I'm about to test your Lib version and while I was adjusting it to "my taste", I've noticed that stringtable.xml is not yet fully "Tanoa-ized". I've made a scratchy fix of this, you can check it out here: http://pastebin.com/6sSaBLsb. Note : OPFOR - BLUEFOR references are still present in non-english strings.

• Like 2

@Tajin I don't mind share away. We like the new changes and it really made those NVA and Vietcong tough opponents on Tanoa...

A8D469F919006009E76B547EC2A230F4A44BFC4C

DD274EF9272F2CC1E57D5362B071969DB8AB1705

8869B14AC2DE951E6B47D2CD080AC7BAF29BEFA1

• Like 3

Damn, I really have to give unsung a try at some point :)

Ok, so to make enemies spawn faster, open the "scripts/server/sector" folder in the mission and replace the following files:

wait_to_spawn_sector.sqf (this makes the real difference ^^)
manage_one_sector.sqf (just some code optimizations/cleanup, not 100% necessary)
manage_sectors.sqf (just some code optimizations/cleanup, not 100% necessary)

@sowens: I've just modified the vehicle spawning code, so that static weapons are automatically placed at roadsides. (meaning you can simply add their classnames to the list of vehicles)

I'll see how it works and send you an update. B)

• Like 4

:D

Ok, so to make enemies spawn faster, open the "scripts/server/sector" folder in the mission and replace the following files:

manage_one_sector.sqf (just some code optimizations/cleanup, not 100% necessary)

@sowens: I've just modified the vehicle spawning code, so that static weapons are automatically placed at roadsides. (meaning you can simply add their classnames to the list of vehicles)

Been away from editing this mission for a while, but now I'm back. I am still trying to figure out this charlie foxtrot 3D editor thing and why it can't seem to save a mission intact without the need to import/convert it while losing everything except the mission.sqm. Also trying to figure out why helicopters on the LHD start airborne with their engines running then fall down and either end up disabled or destroyed.

Here's the error message giving me a headache:

No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/liberation_deploy/DeployMap.LineMarker'

So far I figured out that I need to add some line to the description.ext but have yet to figure out what that line is. Any help would be appreciated. Also any other advice on this confusing map editor thing would really help me along. I miss the old 2D editor already.

Thanks.

Is your client updated to the latest? The error with the Map.LineMarker was to do with the "draw a line on the map" function added kind of recently. It was fixed too following. 

Don't worry about the mission converting, it's just changing the format between 2D and 3D editor as far as I'm concerned(?) and it's never caused an issue for me. 

Let us know if you get anywhere with the LHD, we have the LHD working fine but the same skew-iff start when the helicopters spawn 10 feet high always. 

@Applejakerie , I'm about to test your Lib version and while I was adjusting it to "my taste", I've noticed that stringtable.xml is not yet fully "Tanoa-ized". I've made a scratchy fix of this, you can check it out here: http://pastebin.com/6sSaBLsb. Note : OPFOR - BLUEFOR references are still present in non-english strings.

In one version I tried to keep it without references and then in the Tanoa version I added those specifics back but I may have mixed versions somewhere. 

The translations are either a long time coming, or not. Unless you know someone willing to do them haha. It's not just the references I changed but even some entire sentences. Especially in the tutorial. 

If you do know anyone good for translations we're hoping to release our more "brutal, adapted" version of Liberation soon so it would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you!

This information and knowledge is of great value.

Thank you for adding to the collective. :)

~Sil~

Updated to 924 version to replace the old 921 that we had been playing on our server. Got another couple of questions though.

As the commander, I could delete old purchased AI squads by renaming them to delete. This does not seem to work now, has it been changed?

Was there any other changes made in regards to units (friend & foe) what I will need to look out for while editing the available units?

Thanks. Still loving this mission!

Is there anything adjustable for the cleanup feature..especially intowns there are a lot of bodies laying around and it cuts down the frames quite a bit.

Other than that I am very happy with the whole mission!

Diesel

Is there anything adjustable for the cleanup feature..especially intowns there are a lot of bodies laying around and it cuts down the frames quite a bit.

Other than that I am very happy with the whole mission!

Diesel

I still need to play with it, but I believe this will be in /scripts/server/game/clean.sqf. According to the directions in the file, you throw in [] execVM "scripts\server\game\clean.sqf"; to the init.sqf file at the top.

There's values in here that should help, if you have a chance to play with it, post your findings too! ;)

~Sil~

• Like 2

Is there a way for the autosave to save assets placed by a Zeus gamemaster that I implemented with Dexious' method?

Is there a way for the autosave to save assets placed by a Zeus gamemaster that I implemented with Dexious' method?

The default system only saves objects that are in range of an FOBs and that are also part of the list of buildable objects.

Personally I pretty much kept it that way and just changed it so it saves anything in range of the FOB, allowing me to freely decorate my base with zeus.

Of course you could also just save all zeus-placed objects and put them in a seperate variable. (should be fairly easy if you use the curator eventhandlers)

Just remember to make them editable again when you load em back in.

• Like 1

The default system only saves objects that are in range of an FOBs and that are also part of the list of buildable objects.

Personally I pretty much kept it that way and just changed it so it saves anything in range of the FOB, allowing me to freely decorate my base with zeus.

Of course you could also just save all zeus-placed objects and put them in a seperate variable. (should be fairly easy if you use the curator eventhandlers)

Just remember to make them editable again when you load em back in.

Wow, thanks! How exactly would you go about making items near the FOBs save?