zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

They will do you well, don't worry! They're responsive and friendly too. I've had one day of downtime to their fault and got 14 days free because of it, bonus!

Check the top line of gameplay_constants.sqf in the root of the mission. The top line is the save value. As long as they're exact then all you need to do is copy over your .VARS.Profile I believe, I was never able to find that tho, not for a local host. Also HH uses its own profile within a folder, I can't remember the name of. Follow 'users' subfolder and use Filezilla, that'll help tonnes.

Hello guys, I got the mod to work but the box that spawns alongside the first base seems to be filled with ammo, is this box the same box you are supposed to use for FOBs?

You should have a cargo container, I don't know if it includes ammunition inside but just note you won't be able to deploy the FOB from the container unless you're 1km from Chimera and 300m from any sector.

I'm sure this worked, as it just adds players to the CuratorEditableObjects and I can't access Zeus to check this. :L

I'm one step from giving up, it only seems to be this way on the one mission I made for friends, not my Vanilla Tanoa work. 

Yes, it makes players editable so they can, I believe, ping Zeus.

I just did a quick edit on the original mission. Removed extra Zeus modules and those _zgm entries, and it works as it should. Zeus interface available on start and allowed placeable units, I was testing this on LAN though.

But some make the Liberation Altis with compatible ACE_3, please add the link to donw load, I am noob abaut edit scrip,  thank guys  :)

It's already compatible, you just have to disable Liberation Revive system. You can do that by being an administrator/host of the server, going to parameters section in the lobby and disabling FAR Revive parameter.

• Like 1

Apple in your version if you want to use the new MQ-12_Falcon Bluefor UAV you need to add its classname to this line, in the classnames.sqf or you'll not be able to connect to it.

if ( isNil "uavs" ) then { uavs = [] }; uavs = [] + uavs + [ "B_UAV_01_F","B_UAV_02_F","B_UAV_02_CAS_F","B_UGV_01_F","B_UGV_01_rcws_F","B_T_UAV_03_F" ];

I made this fix very early on, it was the one classname I forgot. Unless I overwrote it with an older version, check my signature for latest version.

Hmm this is interesting.

After 5 days in a raw without problems our Zeus Commander can't see/use the support actions nor can access Zeus interface.

Although our second Zeus module which has full access it works everytime.

Restarts on the server are not solving this.

Also is the script "clean.sqf" located in "\scripts\server\game" called anywhere? I can't see it in "init.sqf".

All it does is to take care of dead things that slow down the server.

Any ideas?

Also is the script "clean.sqf" located in "\scripts\server\game" called anywhere? I can't see it in "init.sqf".

\scripts\server\init_server.sqf

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I am back finally!! Trip to Oregon Coast was absolutely amazing and I definitely wish I could have stayed longer!

It certainly looks like everyone has been staying busy around here! ;) I'm probably going to be going to bed here in the next 10 minutes as I just got home from a 8.5 hour drive, but once the alarm goes off tomorrow, I plan on finishing my edit of the Liberation Tanoa map!

I'll take a chance tomorrow first thing and go through the posts I may have missed during my absence. :)

I hope everyone has been doing well!

~Sil~

• Like 1

going to parameters section in the lobby and disabling FAR Revive parameter ready, then   I am respaw in 5 second, I can not revive with the ACE_3 MOD, need revive with the ACE_3 mod, some one help me please

After 5 days in a raw without problems our Zeus Commander can't see/use the support actions nor can access Zeus interface.

Although our second Zeus module which has full access it works everytime.

Restarts on the server are not solving this.

So you're saying it's the same mission version, you made no changes and Zeus just stopped working recently? Midway through this mission.

Anyone else able to test this on a dedserver? Could be a recent BI update issue. I don't think LAN will cut it, mine worked fine but dedicated it did not. 

going to parameters section in the lobby and disabling FAR Revive parameter ready, then   I am respaw in 5 second, I can not revive with the ACE_3 MOD, need revive with the ACE_3 mod, some one help me please

If FAR revive disabled.. theres NO revive unless place ACE module revive.  Healing in ACE basic medical.. requires epi injection for waking.  If U placed ACE adv. Med then PAK completes the healing.. Vitals, Pain Wounds,  !!

So you're saying it's the same mission version, you made no changes and Zeus just stopped working recently? Midway through this mission.

Anyone else able to test this on a dedserver? Could be a recent BI update issue. I don't think LAN will cut it, mine worked fine but dedicated it did not. 

hey i tought i'd comment on this because i'm actually the one that found this issue on dex's server.

we currently play on the tanoa version of the map, and we had a problem where after it having worked fine for a few days, after day 5 or so the Supports the commander has acces to (artillery, transport, airstrikes etc) just disappeared, they are no longer available for the commander.

it persists between restarts as we have restarted with an automated system and manually about 10-20 times already since and it's still not usable again.

we have since added some server side mods to the server aswell (advanced rappelling, urban rappeling and enhanced movement) but the problem started and persisted BEFORE we had any mods on the server.

the issue with the zeus was just a before mentioned error where you cannot acces the zeus menu as the commander unless you have died atleast once so that's no big problem.

but the lack of supports is really annoying sometimes.. it's not that we can't work around it with npc's but it'd be usefull to have them in case of emergency.  

You didn't update? I removed the support system in the last few days as it was buggy af and served no real potential when it came to balancing it. If you didn't update to my newest version then I'd just say you're running along some of the bugs mentioned in feedback.

Yea i didn't update.

I'll check your updated version Applejakerie.

I'll also check if BI updated anything.

Well if you're using the older version then I'm afraid you were just experiencing the bugs that led to me removing the system entirely, if you update, it won't work at all because it isn't there anymore. If you like the feature, stick to the older version maybe? Or copy the artillery modules in the corner of the map to the newer updates map and make sure it's synced to the commandant unit, all of this can be done inside 3den Editor. Just note feedback from a fair few different servers running the mission states that they only work (show) say 30% of the time. I can't give you any support on that issue. 

I am wondering if a BI updated has done something to the Zeus function but also I'm not renewing my dedicated server for a few weeks whilst I get some stuff irl together. Updated will be delayed the same. 

I saw that you have added and changed some markers in the new version.

If i update what's going to happen to my captured zones that have changed? (For example Lami it was a capture point and now it's a big town point)

Well urm, I'm not actually sure. ^^ Someone might be able to tell you but your best bet is testing and getting back to me. I'll offer any support if there are any issues but I kinda doubt it. 

My guess is, you're previously captured point no longer exists, so you'll have to retake Lami. 

I'm actually curious for feedback as I feel we might be hitting the "too many sectors" mark. 

In my time off I might maybe go over the map again, remove some more clustered sectors and try a different approach.

If anyone's interested in finding the best vanilla combo, then send me some feedback on enemy spawns and sector positions! I appreciate any. 

For instance, you want less/more AA, less/more tanks, etc. 

Edited by Applejakerie

After playing few hours on your version here some feedback:

- Infantry reinforcment are ok, the use of the Viper units and paratrooper is ok.

- I hardly got some armored vehicle to deal with, I know Tanoa is not the best for heavys tuff, but I remember seeing more Tigirs on the Altis version. I encountered 1 Kamysh on an ennemy base on normal settings, it's not enought I think.

- There is not enought sky interdiction on normal difficulty. Tigris, AA troop, jet spawn.

- We reach 100% alerte level, and we got no counter attack, no fob attack, no extra armored/vehicle, only more Viper on capture point.

- Once we got a extra big spawn ( the big question mark) and we saw nothing, cause it was kamysh+infantry, on another island... Those should be air only, with CAS Jet and attack heli.

Note: Played on standard setting and probably on "not the last version" so if you modified some stuff, just ignore :)

• Like 1

Thanks muchly. :)

- I think they infantry could do with a revamp, just a bit of a spruce up so to speak. Am glad they're working well for you guys.

- Yer I noticed this, it's actually why I stopped playing Tanoa myself. Vehicles seem to get locked up in trees, or just simply don't want to comply because they "think" they need to cross an ocean first, even if they are on the right bloody island.

- Oh really? I actually tried to keep anti-air up as I focus on that too. Can't have 1 flyer taking the entire map. Again though, I've found Tigris locked up inside trees, useless and hard to locate from the skies.  

- Oh that's not good, I'm not sure if that's the same issue with the water but that's not acceptable. Definitely need the enemy to be as aggressive as possible, where possible. Battlegroups aren't usually just air but you can have it that way if you like, I think I prefer a more full frontal assault, so a good mix of ground with a couple air supports.

I have modified some stuff but mostly map related, not classnames. If you like, I can send you some info on how to play with the enemy spawns yourself.

Perhaps if you find your favourite setup you could send it back to me and I could use it? As I said, I'm not doing much work for now due to life but I'll fit some stuff in here and there with some community help until I can get back on it. 

Hey everyone! 

I write today requesting a huge favor regarding my setting up headless clients for this mission.

It looks as those the headless clients are are ready and available to setup the headless clients and I've been trying to use Monsoon's Headless Client Guide as well as the guides from Bohemia and just keep hitting a wall with this for some reason.

I was hoping and wondering if someone was willing could I please see your current headless client setup for the mission? It is much appreciated as I am a "monkey-see-monkey-do" type of learner and while the guides out there were somewhat helpful, I was wanting to see something that is already successfully in practice by someone?

Thanks everyone! :) And progress is being made v0.3 beta so stay tuned! :)

Don't worry about the editor stuff, that was a pretty bogus idea by me. 

This is your mission parameters, how are you running your server? Is it paid for? Dedicated or local host?

Correct-amundo. Once you've left the area, the sector will reset. When you halo back in and you've dropped to say 400m, the mission will read that and spawn the relevant enemies in. If you find it's taking too long to spawn them in, this could be a lack of server power on your end, or it could just simply be that you're jumping in quicker than the mission can keep up. Sometimes (when I'm running a heavy test mission), the AI can take longer to spawn. Usually it's best not to Halo in when there is no one else there though. 

Just to be concrete, once 0 players are in an OE, the OE will despawn any AI. You can get around this when playing 2 player, if you both go down, one of you respawn and halo back in. The other who is 'dying' on the floor, will keep the sector alive. So the second player can get back and respawn you, without having to lose your progress on the mission. If none of this happened like this, every OE would load AI constantly and your server would crumble and die. :)

Hey mate, so me and my friend took the advice, and the new "tactic" is working. We haven't yet attacked a mil base yet, but will today, but we got much further than we did previously, if one of us dies, we wait for a revive, we both die, one re spawns and moves in. As long as someone is in the OE circle, it works great, so thanks for all the advice from you and the others. I just have one question, we managed to take over a town by sitting on a radio tower we had just taken which was on a very large hill. (this was the one facing Arthoros to be exact, near Iremi Bay. And managed to destroy a BTR, and lot of infantry and move in, was this also a tactic? Or will units re spawn if we attack them from outside the OE, note we were not actually in the visible circle, but the progress bar did appear when we were on the hill, I suppose as long as that's there your attacking. We moved in after and cleaned up some houses and took the town. No problems. We then took Iremi bay, also no issues. So things are looking up! But the true test will be attacking the mil base, ill update on what happens with that, but we will be using the same tactic. Thank you once again. 

Talk soon!

On behalf of Stbonkers88 he also passes on his appreciation with the help.

• Like 1

The military base will work fine, as long as at least one person is nearby then yea, they won't respawn. If the progress bar is showing it's a good bet you're in a close enough vicinity to the sector for it not to respawn unless you leave, even if that is from another sector entirely. Once I saw how well the fps handled, I added quite a fair few of overlapping sectors to my own mission. It's gone well for me so far! But I think we're touching the "damaged fps" mark so we might have to pull some back. 

Does anyone know the exact requirements to keep the mission active? Is it distance and if so how far? Or?

The military base will work fine, as long as at least one person is nearby then yea, they won't respawn. If the progress bar is showing it's a good bet you're in a close enough vicinity to the sector for it not to respawn unless you leave, even if that is from another sector entirely. Once I saw how well the fps handled, I added quite a fair few of overlapping sectors to my own mission. It's gone well for me so far! But I think we're touching the "damaged fps" mark so we might have to pull some back. 

Does anyone know the exact requirements to keep the mission active? Is it distance and if so how far? Or?

In gameplay_constants.sqf, you can play with the GRLIB_sector_size = 750; and GRLIB_capture_size = 175; to see if you can get a result that you'd like?  GRLIB_sector_size = 750; is normally defaulted to 1000, so a sector size is 1km, and in my example here, it is 750m radius. GRLIB_capture_size = 175; is the size of the capture zone itself, and in my case, I am using the default of 175m radius for capture zone. The first value though, GRLIB_sector_size = 750; is the value you'll want to play with as far as keeping mission active. Anyone that goes outside of the 750m radius will cause the zone to reset and reinforce.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone who helped out with my issues in setting up the Headless Clients!

I do not know why I was making it so hard and so complicated when in all reality, it is super easy and fairly straightforward! So thank you to all for your help and patience! :)

I wanted to provide a step-by-step guide on how to setup headless clients for the Liberation Tanoa mission. There are many guides out there, but a lot of them focus on server admins who have full access and permissions to their server, something that unfortunately not all of us have with our rented and hosted servers we use. This guide is going to specifically detail how to get Headless Clients on your home/personal computer to connect to your rented or hosted server. I am doing this option for the time being as I am currently working with my hosting company to see if they can let me submit a file to be built and they build it for me. Once I am able to, I will move my Headless Clients over to the server itself as that is the most ideal setup and way to connect.

So without much further delay, let's go ahead and jump right into it! This setup will be based on a Windows-based home computer that is going to be connecting Headless Clients to a Linux-based hosted environment.

Sil's Guide to Connecting Headless Clients via Home Based computer to Hosted/Rented Linux Server for Liberation mission

Step 1:     Go to google.com.

Step 2:     Type in the question "What is my external IP address?" This is your public IP, write this number down and save for future steps.

Step 3:     In your server, find server.cfg (this is your server config file).

Step 4:     Open up server.cfg in text program of your choice, I personally use Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/https://notepad-plus-plus.org/)

Step 5:     Anywhere in the server.cfg file, you will want to add the following three lines:

headlessClients[]    = {"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"};
localClients[]           = {"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"};
battleyeLicense      = 1;

Step 6:     Take the number we wrote down in previous Step 2, and replaced the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your external IP address that Google gave you. Replace both headlessClients and localClients to reflect your external IP address. 

Step 7:     Save your file and restart server

Step 8:     Go to your main Arma3 directory, mine is the default location for Steam (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3)

Step 9:     Find the file arma3server.exe, and right click one time on the entry to bring up the right click menu options

Step 10:   In the right click menu options, click option to "Create Shortcut" for arma3server.exe. Rename shortcut HC or HeadlessClient

Step 11:   Place the shortcut you created wherever you wish for convenience, I keep mine on my desktop right below the icon to launch Arma 3. We will use this shortcut to launch our Headless Clients. We only need one shortcut. Each instance that we open up (double clicking three times to bring up three copies of the program) will effectively connect HC1, HC2, and HC3 which have been predefined in the Liberation mission by zbug and McKeewa.

Step 12:   Right click on the shortcut you just created and choose Properties

Step 13:   In the Target field, add the following line to your entry:     -client -connect=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -port=xxxx -mod=

Step 14:   Replace the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your RENTED SERVER IP ADDRESS. Make sure to include the correct PORT as well (Example: -client -connect=172.123.88.123 -port=2307 -mod=(any mods you normally run on your server go here, don't forget the -mod= format. So if you have ACE, you'll put -mod=@ace)

Step 15:   Accept changes

Step 16:   Double click the HC shortcut, a little white box should pop up that says Dedicated client created. Wait a few moments and you'll notice that "headlessclient connected" and will be under profile HC1,  HC2, or HC3. 

If any problems or questions with this guide, please let me know. I wanted to share this though because of the lack of clear guides that are available out there. The problem I ran into quite frequently was clashing and conflicting information. 

I hope this helps!
  • Like 1