zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

You betcha! There should not be any issues there whatsoever but if you find any please let me know!

Also, I did note that the buidlings that you can build with are all Altis themed still too! So I will be updating those! Not sure how I missed those, haha!

ummm loaded it on dedicated server which had a previous GREUH version, selected start with FOB no.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221800524724461/4AC18F4159E6144EBE7CCEF4F20D87613C6EFFA4/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221800524724169/55508619896EF1B36F70FC1D0CDF21C38622E77D/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267221800524724315/E880F58747AA054A71BD4FC0DD33E6B47FC5176D/

Alpha Bravo and Charlie appeared (note we could not build FOB in our previous missions).

I think that's something to do with the possible FOB locations not being updated to Tanoa?

That is very interesting. I just tested mine too and no go on it either.

Investigating. This intrigues me, I'm sure there is a fix because works fine on original Liberation map. There has to be some small detail. Stay tuned.

EDIT: When you said FOB creation, I initially thought you were talking about taking your own FOB somewhere and setting it up. ;)

That is very interesting. I just tested mine too and no go on it either.

Investigating. This intrigues me, I'm sure there is a fix because works fine on original Liberation map. There has to be some small detail. Stay tuned.

EDIT: When you said FOB creation, I initially thought you were talking about taking your own FOB somewhere and setting it up. ;)

you are testing on a dedicated server yeah?

Hello guys,

Thanks for awsome mission.

I got a question, i added one more Zeus module without syncing it to anything and when i try to place units/objects i'm getting the error that i can't place anything.

Are Zeus modules somehow getting modified of their permisions via a script?

you are testing on a dedicated server yeah?

Yes we most certainly are! :)

Right now, everything should be working fine, but as I said I need your guys' feedback and input to discover issues that it'd likely take me months or even maybe a year to discover on my own, the starting with a premade FOB issue being one of them! The groups I personally play with favor being able to take their own FOB to a location and set it up themselves, but it also makes sense to keep the option available for a premade FOB base being created for those that want it.

I am a step closer, I've actually got the base spawning now, but the problem is on the Tanoa map, the damn thing spawns out in the middle of the ocean! haha So I need to track down the scripts responsible and make the necessary alterations. I figured this would be relatively easy to track down, boy was I sure wrong! But I won't give up, I'll keep at it, just keep giving me great feedback like you guys have been and that'll be perfect!

Hi,

does anyone else have the problem, that after some time you cant capture some locations anymore, when using a headless client? 

Also enemies are not spawning anymore after some time with a headless client. 

Without a headless client everything is fine.

Hello guys,

Thanks for awsome mission.

I got a question, i added one more Zeus module without syncing it to anything and when i try to place units/objects i'm getting the error that i can't place anything.

Are Zeus modules somehow getting modified of their permisions via a script?

zeus_synchro.sqf

_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["edit", -1e8];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["place", -1e8];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["synchronize", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["delete", 0];
		_zgm  setCuratorCoef ["destroy", -1e8];

Remove these lines, it's given me more control but I still can't place units. Anyone know why?

Thanks Applejakerie,

I'm using your Tanoa version and the above solution worked for my extra Zeus module.

I don't have it synced to anything. I'm just using my PUID as owner.

Thanks Applejakerie,

I'm using your Tanoa version and the above solution worked for my extra Zeus module.

I don't have it synced to anything. I'm just using my PUID as owner.

Well no problem! That's not a bad idea if you wanted to create a "Admin Panel" of sorts with Zeus. If you can lock one Zeus and not the other that is. 

Thing is, I want to be able to throw in enemy jets and etc when the mission is randomly picking the worst combinations. Last time I made this edit I could, now it seems to not work.

PM me any feedback and I'd appreciate that. :)

Remove these lines, it's given me more control but I still can't place units. Anyone know why?

Have you checked Zeus modules in the Eden editor?

• Like 1

They're pretty much blank of any extras but am gunna look again, cheers.

Yes we most certainly are! :)

Right now, everything should be working fine, but as I said I need your guys' feedback and input to discover issues that it'd likely take me months or even maybe a year to discover on my own, the starting with a premade FOB issue being one of them! The groups I personally play with favor being able to take their own FOB to a location and set it up themselves, but it also makes sense to keep the option available for a premade FOB base being created for those that want it.

I am a step closer, I've actually got the base spawning now, but the problem is on the Tanoa map, the damn thing spawns out in the middle of the ocean! haha So I need to track down the scripts responsible and make the necessary alterations. I figured this would be relatively easy to track down, boy was I sure wrong! But I won't give up, I'll keep at it, just keep giving me great feedback like you guys have been and that'll be perfect!

If you need a server to test anything let us know, ours sits empty most of the time.

• Like 1

Anyone know where we can add an action to the huron that spawns? We built a small little ATC system of sorts and our aircraft scroll and click the Request Landing Clearance action but I cant seem to find the section in the code to make sure it gets added to the huron when its created.

Anyone know where we can add an action to the huron that spawns? We built a small little ATC system of sorts and our aircraft scroll and click the Request Landing Clearance action but I cant seem to find the section in the code to make sure it gets added to the huron when its created.

greuh_liberation.Altis\scripts\server\base\huron_manager.sqf

PROGRESS UPDATE:

CURRENT WORK: "Start campaign with FOB already built" not working, and when it does ends up out in the ocean or in an unusable spot

PROGRESS: TROUBLESHOOTING SUCCESS!

REPORT:  

I have successfully solved (somehow) the FOB spawning issues. I took a copy of my map, created a "Test FOB Map", deleted all the points off of the main big island as well as several of the other smaller islands except for one, also deleted ALL opfor_point placements, and put down a total of six at random throughout various spots on the Tanoan island. I made sure to follow the original parameters as defined before: Make sure they are on a flat, even surface of at least 50m x 50m. When I start campaign with FOB already built, as opposed to before, the FOB will now place properly at one of the randomly placed opfor_point placements on the island, not out in the middle of the freakin' ocean like before!! (sorry, but this one was really grinding my gears!!!). I will do further experiments with the placements of the opfor_point placement markers in varying ranges from different capture zones, as well as playing with the values in gameplay_constants.sqf and startgame.sqf. I will keep you all posted on any updates. The next step after I solve those issues will be to in turn make sure the Secondary Missions are working (we tried doing some tonight, and the missions would supposedly generate and use resources as intended, but would not populate on the map or trigger the mission to start? I have a feeling since this is solved that the secondary mission will be solved as well.

I will keep you all posted with any updates, also, I will be leaving for the sand dunes in Oregon day after tomorrow and will be taking a brief sabbatical to recharge and recoup for a bit. ( Saucer sled will be brought with me for sledding into the ocean and the lakes down the sand hills!!!! :P )

PROGRESS UPDATE:

CURRENT WORK: "Start campaign with FOB already built" not working, and when it does ends up out in the ocean or in an unusable spot

"Secondary Missions" not starting up properly or hanging

PROGRESS: RESOLVED (Sort of, read below)

I am happy to announce that as of this time, I now have pre-built/pre-made/automatic FOBs fixed and working. I am hypothesizing at this time it had something maybe to do with the name of the marker, for example = opfor_point_1_223_4. In my test map, using the few test markers that I did, I renamed them effectively to opfor_point and then made an opfor_point1 and copied the opfor_point1 marker and used that as my base to create additional points around the map, so it resulted in opfor_point, opfor_point1, opfor_point1_1, opfor_point1_2, and so forth.

Another hypothesis I have is the number of opfor_point markers used. I am not sure of the exact number, but I am estimating I have well over 200 of these markers on the map and I am wondering if the sheer amount of markers is causing some kind of overflow or something like that and Arma 3 is not able to account for them all for some reason or if it does it is severely corrupted? This one is a strange one indeed and I will play with it a bit more to see if I can determine exactly why, but right now I am led to believe that the previously mentioned two reasons are the culprits: names of markers and the number of markers placed on map. 

In addition, I am happy to announce that I have also resolved the Secondary Mission issue as well. As I suspected, the Secondary Mission parameters are somehow tied in with the placement of the opfor_point markers, so once i fixed...whatever it was I fixed, it resulted in them being recognized for the Secondary Missions and all three types successfully generated and placed markers on the map for completion.

• Like 3

thanks for the info Sil Carmikas - i have just ported to Stratis today (test case for my own knowledge) and only put 70 opfor points on the map.

I will check they are in 50x50 areas on flat-ish ground - not a lot on stratis, buts the firefights are intense given the elevation changes.

So far no issues other than being pounded due to many markers overlapping their capture zones.

• Like 1

@Sil Nice work! I think there's something definite in the idea that too many opfor_points causes an issue, like an overload or something. By removing some I've been able to get it to work too but like I said in our PM's, Tanoan range is different to Altis. Lowering the value of how far the opfor_points have to be from sectors may help a bundle. I'm gunna give it a try later and add back some opfor_points, see which works best. 

@zBug When you select difficult at 1, it shows Normal, 1.25 and it shows Normal still and then 1.5 you get Extreme. Any idea why this would happen? I'm sure it's meant to be Normal, Moderate and Hard? With 2 being Extreme?

Edited by Applejakerie
  • Like 1

Thanks mate, can't believe I overlooked it. Default addons within the Zeus module was set to none. (╯°□°)╯︵

• Like 1

I suppose you cannot write into the init field of the object when you place it on the map?

@ SIL Carmikas  great news!

Is the vers on GIT updated then , the one your link opens to?

@ SIL Carmikas  great news!

Is the vers on GIT updated then , the one your link opens to?

Thanks for asking, dvdbrewster!

As much as I wish that this would be a quick fix, this discovery unfortunately prompted me to completely overhaul and redo my present opfor_point marker setup from scratch to ensure I am not overdoing it as much as possible.

So to answer your question, at this time, the version on Github is still the v0.2 Beta.

I know I said I wouldn't release any other Beta's, but that was a bit of a fib, as I do intend on releasing v0.3 Beta here soon and that one will be used as a template for the final release version with the fixes described in my last posts being implemented!

The main bugs plaguing the mission so far have been fixed, with the exception of not being able to build as Commander for some reason which I am looking into, and currently I am experimenting with running the server with the v0.2 Beta and mods such as JSRS4, CBA_A3, and ACE v3.6.2 with a lot of success! The only issue I had with ACE was the Realistic Names extension as that replaced the names of unlockable units at certain bases which was really confusing and jarring at first, but once i discovered the source, it was quickly remedied, thank goodness for ACE being so modular! 

I also incorporated VComAI and VComAI_Driving scripts into the mission. I tried the addon version available on Steam and from the developer, but the addon version seemed to cause all sorts of glitchy bugs and most notably broke peoples' ability to take prisoners back to base (the prisoner would join squad, but just sit there and do nothing, even when ordered to move.) So far, the Script version which I've incorporated into the mission directly seems to be working well and is having drastically less impact on server performance than the Addon version. I will continue to experiment with this and see if it is something to keep or discard.

I do have to say with the ACE mod, which I was recently introduced to, is pretty tops and I enjoy it a lot. I wish I would have tried it sooner! ;)

This will be my last post for the next couple of days as I will be leaving to the sand dunes in Oregon early tomorrow morning (will be an 8.5 hour drive, so gotta get up super early!). Once I get back, I'll have a few days left on vacation which I will focus mainly on getting v0.3 Beta out to you guys for testing and assessment. I hope you all stay out of trouble and I will see you when I get back! :)

~Sil~

Hi, ive been having some issues regarding adding vehicles from the RHS mods into the mission. I have put in the said vehicles codes onto the classname text file and have had no luck. Can anyone help me out? the link below shows what the text file looks like with my code in it. Can anyone spot the problems? the only parts i have changed are on the Blufor vehicles part.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wmznoT-wbuK00HRzw2RLZkxDqoo7fEK8x56dbZWJSn0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks ahead  :)  :)

Amazing mission guy thank alot, Lynix200 rigth,ALTIS  we need add RHS vehicles, but guys can you add compatible with ACE_3 Mod please?