zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hi, Newbie here. Has anyone got a link or explanation on how to change CSAT/Independent/NATO to RHS factions? i really dont want to go through 79 pages of work. Also is there any way to change/add to the list of vehicles you can spawn in? I have a PBO reader/extractor i just need to know where to look or what to download. 

Cheers  :)  :)

You can find all of this in the classnames_extensions.sqf script file :) You can customize which units and vehicles spawn in capture zones, etc, and customize every page in the build menu, and even overwrite them instead of adding onto the default build menus

You'll need all the classnames for each vehicle and unit you want it to use though, you can easily and quickly get those by going into the 3D Editor, and hovering over a unit in the list, and look at the little tooltip that pops up.

Or for more convenience you can use the 3DEN Enhanced addon, place down a unit on the ground, right click > log > copy classname to clipboard - and then just paste them in where you need them in the script file

• Like 3

Thank you for the replies, so what exactly do we have to do, to stop this issue? We leave the carrier in a chopper, land on the edge of the Altis island, (Near Vikos Base), we take the radio tower, no issues, then pushing to the military base or town, constantly insta pops enemies after most are dead, doesn't matter whether it be the town or the base, they both re spawn stuff, we haven't attacked both at the same time before.  is this a bug or a instance like you said? And if so, whats the tactic we have to take to win this thing? Thanks so far! ;)

Could be some server problem !    mayB   a desynch  or  fps lag.  My copy doesn't  do it.

Can anybody tell me where the code is responsible for clearing the default inventories of the choppers and stuff? I would like to leave the repair kits in the choppers so pilots can repair their own hardware?

Thanks

Rizla

Love this mission, very entertaining but in a relaxed way.  There's only 1 thing I don't like about it....and that is, when you're nowhere near an enemy marked area you know you're safe cos the enemy doesn't patrol. 

Edit:  Correction, 2 things....there's no earplug script.  Doh, 3 things....ACE breaks it.

Thank you for the replies, so what exactly do we have to do, to stop this issue? We leave the carrier in a chopper, land on the edge of the Altis island, (Near Vikos Base), we take the radio tower, no issues, then pushing to the military base or town, constantly insta pops enemies after most are dead, doesn't matter whether it be the town or the base, they both re spawn stuff, we haven't attacked both at the same time before.  is this a bug or a instance like you said? And if so, whats the tactic we have to take to win this thing? Thanks so far! ;)

Try checking this; open up the mission.sqm in Editor, go to the said city and base and look for opfor_point markers, are there some within the city and base? Could be the issue. If it's constant and all over though, I'm not really sure. But just to be certain, if you leave the OE, by about 400m I think it is, they'll despawn and respawn. They shouldn't be spawning on top of you tho. :C What's your server specs?

Can anybody tell me where the code is responsible for clearing the default inventories of the choppers and stuff? I would like to leave the repair kits in the choppers so pilots can repair their own hardware?

Thanks

Rizla

You're looking for;

clearWeaponCargoGlobal this;   
clearMagazineCargoGlobal this;   
clearItemCargoGlobal this;   
clearBackpackCargoGlobal this;

It's found in the init field of the specific vehicle, inside the editor. :)

Love this mission, very entertaining but in a relaxed way.  There's only 1 thing I don't like about it....and that is, when you're nowhere near an enemy marked area you know you're safe cos the enemy doesn't patrol. 

Edit:  Correction, 2 things....there's no earplug script.  Doh, 3 things....ACE breaks it.

There are patrols, they just don't seem too constant, or enough. When the aggression is raised you'll see more enemy outside of operating areas.

Earplug script is included in the Extended Options, it works really well but I don't like how it only works when you're inside a vehicle, just limitations I guess.

My Liberation Tanoa port is almost complete.

Here is a teaser of the map I am setting up. Not as many points as Altis obviously, BUT, the enemy here is HIGHLY trained and very motivated, I do not expect this to be a "short" campaign by any means.

If you have any family expecting you home for Christmas, well, those plans may not hold!!

teasertanoacampaignliberation.jpg

If demand calls for it, I will release the rough copy I have right now of v0.1 BETA which will not include all reinforcement points and the checkpoints and garrisons I put in will not have custom bases.

I hope have this done in a few days, but as I have learned over the past few days, this is intensive and exhaustive work, especially making sure the scripts cooperate! I have a newfound respect for all developers out there, seriously guys, hats off to you and thank you for all that you do! The finished map will have the appropriate reinforcement points placed and custom bases will be setup for certain locales. I may even go through and setup some additional points for action, but given the small size of the island, I will be assessing feedback on the released BETA to determine if there are any problems with practicality for FOB placement. (I wish I could test all scenarios, but lets face it, that'd take one man months, and it's easier to get the honest and direct feedback from a community of many experienced people!)

This version will include all Apex themed vehicles as well as a new unlockable UAV option that I'm sure you folks will enjoy! I am holding off on making VTOL available for allies at the moment, but depending on things, I may change my mind and throw a couple VTOL options in for the v1.0 release.

Enemy militia units will utilize AKMs as appropriate in this scenario and they will have an additional deadly vehicle option which will come as a nasty surprise for those underestimating these highly trained units!

I wanted this to be as smooth and direct of a porting as possible, so i hope you will see little difference in transition from Altis to Tanoa! As mentioned before, there seems to be fewer capture points, but as I also mentioned before, do NOT underestimate this highly motivated and trained enemy deployed to this Pacific hotspot! ;)

I give all credit of this creation to [GREUH] zbug and [GREUH] McKeewa as without their hard work in creating and releasing this mission, this would not be possible. I am just simply copying and pasting that right things to the right places, that's all. I want to thank anyone else too who was involved with the scripting contributions because man, that shizz is HARD! Without you great minds, I'd be lost! And anyone else I may have forgotten!

Please stay tuned for a download link!

• Like 2

Here is a teaser of the map I am setting up. Not as many points as Altis obviously, BUT, the enemy here is HIGHLY trained and very motivated, I do not expect this to be a "short" campaign by any means.

If you have any family expecting you home for Christmas, well, those plans may not hold!!

If demand calls for it, I will release the rough copy I have right now of v0.1 BETA which will not include all reinforcement points and the checkpoints and garrisons I put in will not have custom bases.

I hope have this done in a few days, but as I have learned over the past few days, this is intensive and exhaustive work, especially making sure the scripts cooperate! I have a newfound respect for all developers out there, seriously guys, hats off to you and thank you for all that you do! The finished map will have the appropriate reinforcement points placed and custom bases will be setup for certain locales. I may even go through and setup some additional points for action, but given the small size of the island, I will be assessing feedback on the released BETA to determine if there are any problems with practicality for FOB placement. (I wish I could test all scenarios, but lets face it, that'd take one man months, and it's easier to get the honest and direct feedback from a community of many experienced people!)

This version will include all Apex themed vehicles as well as a new unlockable UAV option that I'm sure you folks will enjoy! I am holding off on making VTOL available for allies at the moment, but depending on things, I may change my mind and throw a couple VTOL options in for the v1.0 release.

Enemy militia units will utilize AKMs as appropriate in this scenario and they will have an additional deadly vehicle option which will come as a nasty surprise for those underestimating these highly trained units!

I wanted this to be as smooth and direct of a porting as possible, so i hope you will see little difference in transition from Altis to Tanoa! As mentioned before, there seems to be fewer capture points, but as I also mentioned before, do NOT underestimate this highly motivated and trained enemy deployed to this Pacific hotspot! ;)

I give all credit of this creation to [GREUH] zbug and [GREUH] McKeewa as without their hard work in creating and releasing this mission, this would not be possible. I am just simply copying and pasting that right things to the right places, that's all. I want to thank anyone else too who was involved with the scripting contributions because man, that shizz is HARD! Without you great minds, I'd be lost! And anyone else I may have forgotten!

YaY man !

Thank you :)  I'll experiment with the capture size number and see what happens

Increasing the fob range number doesn't work out very well because it seems to dynamically also increase the distance from zones you can build FOBs if you alter that number which is strange

I noted that normally you can't build an FOB within 300m of a zone, when I decreased the FOB range by 125m it seems to set the zone range at 475m for some reason

Vastiny! I stand corrected on this!

The file that you need to update is going to be under \scripts\client\build\open_build_menu.sqf. The line you want to edit will be line #3 of the file which should read as the following:

if ( ( [ getpos player , 250 , GRLIB_side_enemy ] call F_getUnitsCount ) > 4 ) exitWith { hint localize "STR_BUILD_ENEMIES_NEARBY"; };

Where it says 250 is the value in meters to which the enemy can be present around your FOBs before you are allowed to build. Anything that is within that radius will cause you to not be able to build due to hostiles being in the area. The default on this is 500 meters, I shrank mine half way just to experiment and this is definitely the value you want to tinker with.

Everyone else, sorry I haven't gotten the download link out there yet for my version of Liberation Tanoa v0.1beta, need to get a couple things into a practical fashion first, then I'll have it up here in an hour or two. ;)

EDIT: While that above info is useful for what I described, what you were looking for is actually this! ;) Sorry! 

\scripts\client\build\do_build_fob.sqf

I believe it will be line #8 and it should read like this:

_minsectordist = GRLIB_capture_size + GRLIB_fob_range;

So according to this formula, the minimum distance to build from a capture zone will be the values located in gameplay_constants.sqf. It should be lines #13 and #27, which should read something similar to the following:

GRLIB_capture_size = 175;

GRLIB_fob_range = 125;

So with this formula, you cannot build a FOB closer than 300m to a capture zone.

Er.....isn't there already a Tanoa port of this?  I've been playing it for about a fortnight, downloaded direct from the Steam workshop...

There is at least a couple personal Tanoa ports. Variety is always nice. I have one available on GitHub, complete (aside for I'm adding some extra points over today and tomorrow). Will be considered finished tomorrow.

Of course it comes with some of my own edits so really, it's all about preference. Personally you don't want my mission if you don't have a powerful server.

Er.....isn't there already a Tanoa port of this?  I've been playing it for about a fortnight, downloaded direct from the Steam workshop...

Swoop,

Thank you for bringing up this good point and yes you are correct, there are a couple versions at least available on Steam right now. One thing I noticed about these ports is that they lacked the detail and content of the actual Apex units, for example, OPFOR soldiers were still dressed in their Altis uniforms which in my opinion clashed the the Tanoa environment. I don't want you guys thinking that I thought this made the mission bad or unplayable or anything of the sort, I am just a stickler for details! ;)

So what I did is I updated the scripts to include the Tanoa units rather than the default Altis units. This will be for armor and vehicles as well too. You will definitely notice that they blend in a bit better with their environment as it was intended. I also incorporated the ability for you to use the vehicles that came with the Apex upgrade, for example, you can now buy and use the Prowler which is one of my personal faves! When OPFOR comes in with helicopter reinforcements, I made sure that their forces would be able to include their version of a VTOL, the name slips my mind right now, but you should see it flying about from time to time. I also made sure to update the weapons that the militia guards that spawn in the capture zones use to the AKM rifles with tracer bullets, and at night, during a fire fight, it looks epic, let me tell you what!!! There will also be premade bases and checkpoints that will be fabricated to add an element of challenge to taking over some of the military installations and bases. 

There's a slew of other smooth and awesome things you'll notice if you decide to download and check it out. Like I mentioned, this is unfinished, so this is just a beta that is available right now. I cannot wait for the final version to be done as I know once i start a campaign, it's going to be a long long lasting game!

There is at least a couple personal Tanoa ports. Variety is always nice. I have one available on GitHub, complete (aside for I'm adding some extra points over today and tomorrow). Will be considered finished tomorrow.

Of course it comes with some of my own edits so really, it's all about preference. Personally you don't want my mission if you don't have a powerful server.

Applejakerie,

I definitely agree with this! Variety is always good to have, especially for this type of game, because the possibilities are so endless!

Applejakerie,

I definitely agree with this! Variety is always good to have, especially for this type of game, because the possibilities are so endless!

Aye indeed. The NATO(Pacific) VTOL is the Blackfish by the way! My personal fave. ;) I decided to include them for hefty prices. The CSAT(Pacific) own the Xi'an versions, very versatile and extremely OP! Always fun to fend them off.

Maybe we could compare and make things better for the both of us? For instance I have some spawn lists for CSAT(Pacific) already, all the code is updated to Apex, I mean all. ^^'

I also added a high intensity 'Special Ops' squad, so Viper primarily. 

• Like 1

You can find all of this in the classnames_extensions.sqf script file :) You can customize which units and vehicles spawn in capture zones, etc, and customize every page in the build menu, and even overwrite them instead of adding onto the default build menus

You'll need all the classnames for each vehicle and unit you want it to use though, you can easily and quickly get those by going into the 3D Editor, and hovering over a unit in the list, and look at the little tooltip that pops up.

Or for more convenience you can use the 3DEN Enhanced addon, place down a unit on the ground, right click > log > copy classname to clipboard - and then just paste them in where you need them in the script file

Hi thanks for the quick reply, i found in the class extensions that there were already RHS items there. I set them (excluding the empty ones) to true, but when i open the mission, even after a full restart and re-download/install of the mission, it doesnt change. Any thing im doing wrong? And also does anyone have a file thats already a got full RHS converted mission file? or even a map change? would help save some time. Thanks in advance.

Hello very Awesome done guys,thank alot, question, Liberation Altis is compatible with ACE_3 ???

I also added a high intensity 'Special Ops' squad, so Viper primarily. 

Yeah, we've encountered these dudes many times! Always a challenge.

Hello very Awesome done guys,thank alot, question, Liberation Altis is compatible with ACE_3 ???

! Pretty Much !   I think we turn zBugs  revive off in params.  Then works  for me.  ( i use ace server config. as well.)  AWESOME deal.!

• Like 1

As promised, here is a download link to the Beta of the Liberation Tanoa map!!

Final version will be coming soon so stay tuned!!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93483507807136772161

P.S. Can anyone suggest a good free file sharing site? This one seems fine, but just in case any problems?

Waitin' for it !  lol  ( I like dropBox its PayPerView for most  but reliable. lol)

Yeah, we've encountered these dudes many times! Always a challenge.

Ye there seems to be a lot when they do start spawning in. :P They're getting an upgrade very soon I hope! They will be better equipped.

v0.2 Beta is ready for download. This will be the final Beta released as all efforts and concentration will now go to the final release.

NOTE: Make sure to delete the old .pbo file before putting this one into place. Do not copy and paste to avoid any unforeseen issues.

Fixes:

-Updated classnames.sqf entries to make sure all model names and formats correct and any mistakes erased or rectified

-Added units to the Build menu to make up for Sharpshooter and Heavy Gunner not being available in this port (They technically can be. But for aesthetic, visual purposes, I took them out. if you want them, just throw them back into classnames.sqf (WARNING: THIS FILE IS SENSITIVE AND WILL BREAK THE GAME IF ALTERED INCORRECTLY!!!!!))

-Went over some of the custom bases and checkpoints already built to ensure a clean and practical look which also gave me an opportunity to brainstorm some ideas for the other military bases!

I am really enjoying the process of making this version of the mission the best and smoothest possible! I hope you enjoy it just as much! :)

https://github.com/SilCarmikas/Arma-3-Liberation-0.924-Tanoa

• Like 2

In the tanoa version I found you cannot build FOBs, is that working in the above version?

• Like 1

In the tanoa version I found you cannot build FOBs, is that working in the above version?

You betcha! There should not be any issues there whatsoever but if you find any please let me know!

Also, I did note that the buidlings that you can build with are all Altis themed still too! So I will be updating those! Not sure how I missed those, haha!

• Like 2

You betcha! There should not be any issues there whatsoever but if you find any please let me know!

Also, I did note that the buidlings that you can build with are all Altis themed still too! So I will be updating those! Not sure how I missed those, haha!

Literally, the first thing I did was update every classname that has it's own "Tanoan Version" I'm thinking you shoulda take my mission Sil and made your edits from there. ;)

You're re-doing all my recent work and you know I share so others don't have to. ^^

NOTE: It might be worth noting that so far, Apex is the only DLC that breaks things if you don't own it. For instance, you may not own the helicopters DLC but can still see and ride in the back of those helicopters. Same goes for the guns in Marksman DLC, you can see and hear those weapons, you just can't use them. With regards to Apex, any Apex buildings will be "invisible", same as any vehicles, to anyone who doesn't own Apex. It's just worth thinking about if you're creating a version that's not Tanoan but want to include Apex, make sure you include the pre-Apex versions too. 

Edited by Applejakerie
  • Like 1

Literally, the first thing I did was update every classname that has it's own "Tanoan Version" I'm thinking you shoulda take my mission Sil and made your edits from there. ;)

You're re-doing all my recent work and you know I share so others don't have to. ^^

NOTE: It might be worth noting that so far, Apex is the only DLC that breaks things if you don't own it. For instance, you may not own the helicopters DLC but can still see and ride in the back of those helicopters. Same goes for the guns in Marksman DLC, you can see and hear those weapons, you just can't use them. With regards to Apex, any Apex buildings will be "invisible", same as any vehicles, to anyone who doesn't own Apex. It's just worth thinking about if you're creating a version that's not Tanoan but want to include Apex, make sure you include the pre-Apex versions too. 

That would have definitely saved me some time, work and frustration, right?!?!

But, on the other hand, if I had done that, then I would not have learned anywhere as much as I did by picking it apart piece by piece. ;)

• Like 2

But, on the other hand, if I had done that, then I would not have learned anywhere as much as I did by picking it apart piece by piece. ;)

Very well put!