zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hey guys, still have issues with my dedi server where as soon as I try to get into a vehicle I get kicked out of it instantly. Using CBA_A3, Ace and Massi. Any ideas?

This is what you'll want;

if(combat_readiness >= 35 && combat_readiness <= 75) then {}

As far as I'm aware, SQF uses a very similar syntax to the C languages. That means the equivalent of and would be &&. The equivalent of or would be ||.

You'll also need to provide the variable in both statements, programming languages are logical.

Edit:

I worked a bit on my Tanoa conversion and I've fixed some of the issues and implemented necessary features for starting vehicles. The new version can be downloaded here(Google Drive).

Changelog:

• Added the Light Vehicle Respawn script. (F_vehicleRespawn.sqf)

• Starting vehicles no longer use fuel. (Requires that you use my setup script! Changes made to recalculate_resources.sqf)

• Removed CBA dependency.

• Added a script to easily setup starting vehicles. (F_setupStartingVehicle.sqf)

• Added 1 Speedboat + 2 Assault Boats to starting area.

A starting vehicle does not use fuel resources, it also respawn when left abandoned or destroyed. You can easily specify what vehicles should act as starting vehicles by using my script.

Double-click the vehicles you've placed in the editor and enter this into the init script box;

_nul = [this, 60, 10, true] execVM "scripts\shared\functions\F_setupStartingVehicle.sqf";

The parameters are as follows; [Object, AbandonedDelay, RespawnDelay, ClearCargo].

Object - This should be left as this as it references the vehicle you added the init code to.

AbandonedDelay - The time in seconds before the vehicle will respawn due to not being used.

RespawnDelay - The time in seconds before the vehicle respawns after being destroyed.

ClearCargo - true means the vehicle's contents will be deleted upon respawn. false if you want to keep its contents.

Note: Only vehicles using my setup script will not consume fuel when used. I may add another parameter to my script later where you can specify whether it should use fuel or not if you for some reason would want that.

Next up I will look into making it so you can build objects, vehicles and recruit units from the HQ. I'm also looking into adding a new objective type, which would be used on ports/docks(rewards ammo+fuel? The idea here is that they'd be a bit more defended than a basic capture point due to its strategic value).

I'm trying to use your mission file but for some reason i can't seem to get the option for a commander to set up permissions. Even though i am in the correct spot for it. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Hey guys, still have issues with my dedi server where as soon as I try to get into a vehicle I get kicked out of it instantly. Using CBA_A3, Ace and Massi. Any ideas?

I think you have to choose the commander role and then set up the permissions on the permissions menu from the scroll menu. Not totally sure where you find what, since I am not at my pc nor did I play the mission in a while.

Gesendet von meinem XT1053 mit Tapatalk

Yes, thank you very much, that got the game-mode working again properly.  :627: 

Although now we have the issue to where our modded vehicles are not showing up at all.. I can send the server.rpt file to but i'm not sure it'll help much, but the host says that all the mods are in the server.. Not sure if i'm missing something within the class_extension file now or not.  :banghead:

Haha this isn't known to be the most exciting part, I'm sure there's another issue in there somewhere then maybe, had any luck? 

As long as you have a mod=@mod1@mod2@mod3 command line for your server and run the mods yourself when you load your game, and of course code the classnames in properly. It should work. ^^'

Might be worth noting any spelling mistakes will kill it and a missing comma would break the routine of the code so not much else afterwards would load at all. So look early on in the two classnames.sqf and classnames_extension.sqf or something.

Yer you want to login using the Commander slot, set Permissions so they're all green and see if you can then, then maybe modify your Permissions how you want them.

Edited: Ohw hey, anyone know anything more about the memory issue, is it just when the missions been playing for too long? (Say about 15h). I mean the server uses 3% memory with 1 player but I'm at 33% with 0.

Edited by Applejakerie

Hello Zbug ,

First of all thank you very much for this great mod games I adhere enormously.

I have 2 against reassembled by a declaration .

1) I started in 0922 and this issue has never changed.
When the server or restart tasks , I lose the last FOB often asked .
The backup yet made ​​it nice because all the outlet areas are preserved .

The buildings are present but the structure is no longer considered FOB . Unable to destroy the structure it imposes on for 1 to a little further .

Is this a known bug in the day when it would it make a solution to avoid this?

2) Since the update of the 0924 extension_classname.sqf the file is no longer read it and my force to put directly into extension.sqf .

Is this a known bug in the day when it would it make a solution to avoid this?

thanks a lot for your help

I'm having issues where things I add aren't able to be recycled. This goes for both Vanilla and RHS things that I've added. Is there any way to fix this?

I think you have to choose the commander role and then set up the permissions on the permissions menu from the scroll menu. Not totally sure where you find what, since I am not at my pc nor did I play the mission in a while.

Gesendet von meinem XT1053 mit Tapatalk

Yeah i set all the permissions. I removed Massi units an replaced them with RHS. Now its fine. Very odd. Thanks for reply

I ported liberation to the tanoa map, but when the horon cargo container (FOB container) spawned, there`s the build fob action missing...  i copied everything as said in the tutorial around the spawn and placed like i like but in MP it doesn`t work. Any Ideas?

Are you testing in editor or on the server?

The build fob option won't appear until you've moved it from Chimera. You also need to make sure it's 300m+ from any sector. If you're testing in editor and didn't copy the scripts over to the same location then you won't see build fob at all.

Movedi t away and tried it but maybee have to move further, will try again, forgot about the 300+ meters :) thanks for the hint

• Like 1

I worked a bit on my Tanoa conversion and I've fixed some of the issues and implemented necessary features for starting vehicles. The new version can be downloaded here(Google Drive).

Changelog:

• Added the Light Vehicle Respawn script. (F_vehicleRespawn.sqf)

• Starting vehicles no longer use fuel. (Requires that you use my setup script! Changes made to recalculate_resources.sqf)

• Removed CBA dependency.

• Added a script to easily setup starting vehicles. (F_setupStartingVehicle.sqf)

• Added 1 Speedboat + 2 Assault Boats to starting area.

A starting vehicle does not use fuel resources, it also respawn when left abandoned or destroyed. You can easily specify what vehicles should act as starting vehicles by using my script.

Double-click the vehicles you've placed in the editor and enter this into the init script box;

_nul = [this, 60, 10, true] execVM "scripts\shared\functions\F_setupStartingVehicle.sqf";

The parameters are as follows; [Object, AbandonedDelay, RespawnDelay, ClearCargo].

Object - This should be left as this as it references the vehicle you added the init code to.

AbandonedDelay - The time in seconds before the vehicle will respawn due to not being used.

RespawnDelay - The time in seconds before the vehicle respawns after being destroyed.

ClearCargo - true means the vehicle's contents will be deleted upon respawn. false if you want to keep its contents.

Note: Only vehicles using my setup script will not consume fuel when used. I may add another parameter to my script later where you can specify whether it should use fuel or not if you for some reason would want that.

Next up I will look into making it so you can build objects, vehicles and recruit units from the HQ. I'm also looking into adding a new objective type, which would be used on ports/docks(rewards ammo+fuel? The idea here is that they'd be a bit more defended than a basic capture point due to its strategic value).

I have been trying to make this mission ready for my group who want a nice big tanoa mission. However, I noticed that right now you can't build full AI squads yet from the build menu at FOB's yet for the leader role to command. I've looked hard to try to figure out if its a setting in the files that I can just turn on to activate it by comparing it to the original altis mission but cant find anything majorly different that might cause that. Would you happen to know what I might need to do to activate that? or perhaps when AI (full) squad building will come to the tanoa mission?

I have been trying to make this mission ready for my group who want a nice big tanoa mission. However, I noticed that right now you can't build full AI squads yet from the build menu at FOB's yet for the leader role to command. I've looked hard to try to figure out if its a setting in the files that I can just turn on to activate it by comparing it to the original altis mission but cant find anything majorly different that might cause that. Would you happen to know what I might need to do to activate that? or perhaps when AI (full) squad building will come to the tanoa mission?

What do you mean by full AI squads? The ones you can build in one go, when using the Commander slot, or just any in general? Building a squad in general is just building Infantry from the first "BUILD" tab.

In that same version im unable to get teh commander slot to be able to set permissions. Any idea whats up?

What do you mean by full AI squads? The ones you can build in one go, when using the Commander slot, or just any in general? Building a squad in general is just building Infantry from the first "BUILD" tab.

I can build a squad with a player being the squad leader, but I cannot build squads for the commander slot to control. Like AT Team, Heavy Rifle Squad, Recon Squad, ect.

Oh also, 

@zBug , @dealman or @anyone who has any idea but this is frustrating now. The repair function on my Vanilla Tanoa Liberation is apparently broken, however it will repair modded content perfectly.

It took me forever to realise that I can still repair but only when the vehicle is entirely destroyed almost. I mean, dead tyres and yellow components don't repair but if the vehicle has a red component and I hop into it, then I can repair.

All the values involved are default, still no fix.

So sometimes I haven't been able to fix things at all, (seeing as they blow up before losing components) and for the large vehicles, I'm stuck firing GL at them until they repair, before I can repair one actually broken tyre.

I thought it was the classnames.sqf and so I reverted to defaults and still nothing, it's so messy I just don't know what to try anymore. ^^'

Much appreciation to anyone who can help me out here, I've already sent the Github issue out to some members using my mission for any more feedback, I will send it to the rest.

Thanks, Apple.

Ah I must've missed that, good catch. I changed the class of the unit "commandant" to a Tanoa unit, but never changed it in classnames_extension.sqf. So I assume it's a rather simple fix, open that script and look for this line;

commander_classname = nil;	// Default "B_officer_F"

Simply update that to whatever class the commandant unit is, I believe I set it to the Tanoa officer?

@Applejakerie:

I looked a bit at the resupply_manager.sqf and did some research, it would seem that the function damage is outdated. Try replacing this line;

if ( damage _veh > 0 )  then {
	_repaired = true;
	_average_damage = (damage _veh) - _repair_amount;
	if ( _average_damage < 0 ) then { _average_damage = 0 };
	_veh setDamage _average_damage;
};

With this;

_vehicleDamage = getAllHitPointsDamage _veh;
{
	if(_x > 0) then {
		_repaired = true;
		_average_damage = _x - _repair_amount;
		if(_average_damage < 0) then { _average_damage = 0 };
		_veh setHitPointDamage [(_vehicleDamage select 0 select _forEachIndex), _average_damage];
	}
} forEach _vehicleDamage select 2;

I haven't had the time to actually test this myself, so it's more likely it will not work than it actually will work. :P But it might give you an idea of what I was going for there, there's probably a better method of doing it instead of looping through each part. I'll look into it more thoroughly once I find the time. :)

I didn't see anything but maybe update the commander_classname at the top of classnames.sqf.

//"O_T_LSV_02_unarmed_F" // What are these...?

//"O_T_LSV_02_armed_F" // What are these...?

@dealman Qilin, they're CSAT's version of the Prowler.

Edited: Oh oops, never mind then.

Tanoan Officer = "B_T_Officer_F" if you need it, also why did you choose to not update 40% of your friendly classnames dealman?

Any reason or just avoiding bugs and taking your own time?

Edited by Applejakerie

Tanoan Officer = "B_T_Officer_F" if you need it, also why did you choose to not update 40% of your friendly classnames dealman?

Any reason or just avoiding bugs and taking your own time?

Uuh, where, how, when and why? :P

Hi im attempting to import this mapo to Diyalah. How exactly can i set the location where the huron and fob box spawn?

Also how could i change the opfor faction? Is there somewhere i can cycle out the classnames?

@Applejakerie:

I looked a bit at the resupply_manager.sqf and did some research, it would seem that the function damage is outdated. Try replacing this line;

if ( damage _veh > 0 )  then {
	_repaired = true;
	_average_damage = (damage _veh) - _repair_amount;
	if ( _average_damage < 0 ) then { _average_damage = 0 };
	_veh setDamage _average_damage;
};

With this;

_vehicleDamage = getAllHitPointsDamage _veh;
{
	if(_x > 0) then {
		_repaired = true;
		_average_damage = _x - _repair_amount;
		if(_average_damage < 0) then { _average_damage = 0 };
		_veh setHitPointDamage [(_vehicleDamage select 0 select _forEachIndex), _average_damage];
	}
} forEach _vehicleDamage select 2;

I haven't had the time to actually test this myself, so it's more likely it will not work than it actually will work. :P But it might give you an idea of what I was going for there, there's probably a better method of doing it instead of looping through each part. I'll look into it more thoroughly once I find the time. :)

Thank you sir! I'm going to give this a shot in the morning for sure! (I would now but my laptop crashed so hard I don't want to risk loading Arma lol - not on this extremely hot night anyways.)

So updated huh? Since 1.62 or just a random update in general? Also when you say research what did you try 'cuz I tried all sorts earlier and came up with zilch. :C Nothing about any outdated functions.

Just wondering if you have something solid that you check?

Hi im attempting to import this mapo to Diyalah. How exactly can i set the location where the huron and fob box spawn?

Also how could i change the opfor faction? Is there somewhere i can cycle out the classnames?

I'll send you a PM buddy, wrote something out and lost it so now I'll give you a more detailed version of what I wrote.

Edited by Applejakerie
  • Like 2

I'll send you a PM buddy, wrote something out and lost it so now I'll give you a more detailed version of what I wrote.

Thanks a ton!

If you're using an un-edited version of the mission, the huron would by default spawn on a helimarker with the variable name "huronmarker". The same is true for the FOB box, but it uses the variable name "boxspawn" I think.

@ AppleJakerie..   Do you happen to remember any specific way to identify the locations that will have ammo-boxes? Like  I attacked a few, like the fuel depot and the Syndikat Camp, but Im still looing for some ammo.      :D

@ AppleJakerie..   Do you happen to remember any specific way to identify the locations that will have ammo-boxes? Like  I attacked a few, like the fuel depot and the Syndikat Camp, but Im still looing for some ammo.      :D

If my memory serves me right, only military bases spawn ammo boxes?