zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hi,

I keep having a weird issue with my HC's. After a random amount of time, one or more of the HC's will turn red and drop to 2 fps. When you witness the enemy that this HC is controlling, they're rubber banding all over the place. Once it happens, it only gets worse and you can only fix it with a server restart. This gets very annoying as sometimes it happens after 5 mins of a previous restart. Here is some screenshots.

107410_screenshots_20160716003346_1.jpg 107410_screenshots_20160716004327_1.jpg

107410_screenshots_20160716005911_1.jpg

Here is a link to the .rpt log from the server.

https://db.tt/3obBzA0T

I would be really greatfull if somebody could help me with this.

Thanks a lot.

Rizla

Im have some serious problems with porting to Tanoa. Cant get into vehicles even with full permissions set. Cant join server half the time. Really annoying.

Would someone be interested in sharing their server.cfg file for liberation.

These are last few lines of my .rpt. I have bolded the parts I think are odd

15:12:34 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_clipboard: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
15:12:34 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_fcs: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
15:12:34 [ACE] (common) INFO: Extension version: ace_advanced_ballistics: 3.6.0-eef2bb0
15:12:35 [8564,167.977,0.962,"XEH: PostInit finished."]
15:12:35 [ACE] (common) INFO: Settings received from server.
15:12:35 [ACE] (hearing) INFO: Hearing Module Initialized.
15:12:35 [ACE] (explosives) INFO: Explosive Module Initialized.
15:12:35 [ACE] (interaction) INFO: Interaction Module Initialized.
15:12:35 [ACE] (repair) INFO: Repair Module Initialized.
15:12:35 [ACE] (map) INFO: Map Module Initialized.
15:12:35 [ACE]: Rearm Module Initialized on level: 0
15:12:35 [ACE] (common) INFO: Settings initialized.
15:12:35 [ACE] (common) INFO: 37 delayed functions running.
15:12:43 Unaccessible
15:12:58 "Sector capture_52 checkpoint A at 24.008"
15:12:58 "Sector capture_52 checkpoint B at 24.008"
15:12:59 "Full sector scan at 24.248, active sectors: ["capture_52"]"
ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object mas_us_rifle\acc\mas_msupp.p3d
15:18:11 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1525043919): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
15:32:18 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(344657532): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
15:34:13 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(508650190): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Oh sorry, yes I meant a diary entry haha. Like ingame map, CBA section. Even though CBA is completely removed now and optional, it still shows a CBA diary entry.

dvdbrewster That parameter should work yes but I haven't tested it personally.

Send me a PM now and I'll get the update out in the next 30 minutes.

I PMed at your profile..  Did you manage the update..  ?

Edited: The three men is Manpower, used for your infantry you build. The "Armfist" I'm guessing is Ammunition? That's what you spend to buy infantry or vehicles who require more expensive ammunition, "Elite Soldiers" as such.

Armfist is manpower, buying units cost you manpower, the limit is increased by the quantity of town and POI you own.

Yellow is Fuel, buying vehicles requiers fuel, you can increase it by capturing POI with the fuel icon (mostly industrial area)

Red is ammunition, Ammo are required if you want to buy a tank, for example. To obtain Ammo, you have to capture ennemy base and bring the ammo boxes to your FOB.

More info here : http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Resources

• Like 1

Is anyone having problems with village names in red but totally in blue force? We cannot capture them.

This happens to my group after the server has been running for a while. A restart cures it. Funnily enough, this never happened when we were on a Linux server. It's only been since we moved over to Windows that this issue has popped up.

Hey icebreakr, happy to see  you here, I've enjoyed playing on your custom islands since forever.

The issue you're encountering happens occasionally on some servers and/or some variations of the mission, and because I've never managed to reproduce it on my end, I've put a truckload of log traces to track it down. If you have the rpt logs of your server when the issue was happening, that could help a lot.

300 to 450 vehicles on the HC that's having an issue, that might be the problem. You should have one rpt log per HC, I'd be happy to see the one with very low fps and very high vehicle count in the traces (one performance log trace every 60 seconds or so)

I PMed at your profile..  Did you manage the update..  ?

No sorry, I got caught up in something else. I'll roll it out in a bit, just currently finishing up something.

@zBug; Hey there, could you tell me what changing the side variables do for the mission files? I get that it swaps sides but does this also mean Blufor sector defenders will convert to Opfor? Or does that need to be edited somewhere?

Also, same for the Blufor auto-danger parameter, will it then automatically mean the Opfor sector defenders are set to the parameter too?

I'm only asking 'cause I've been producing the OPFOR variant in comments, around the original BLUFOR code. This way converters just need to swap comments. 

I've also made the dialogue less specific to side and more variable, BLUFOR is friendly, OPFOR is enemy, hostile, etc. Making converts still canon with it all I guess.

Edited by Applejakerie

I've noticed there seems to be some sort of weird stuff going on for clients randomly in Liberation(memory leak?). The very first time I played it with a friend, he was hosting it and I started getting ~17 FPS after about 2½, 3 hours of playing. We were under the assumption it was the server, of which we restarted the mission first and then the server entirely. Neither of which helped, turns out I had to restart my game to fix it.

I'm not too familiar with while loops in ArmA 3, but my experience with while loops in general is that they can make and break things fairly easily. I noticed in the script that recalculate resources, it's just an outright while loop - wouldn't performance be drastically better if the while loop only ran once every second? Or would that risk things such as resources going out of sync?

@zBug; Hey there, could you tell me what changing the side variables do for the mission files? I get that it swaps sides but does this also mean Blufor sector defenders will convert to Opfor? Or does that need to be edited somewhere?

Also, same for the Blufor auto-danger parameter, will it then automatically mean the Opfor sector defenders are set to the parameter too?

It allows you to play as OPFOR without having to edit all 200 occurences of the side names in the scripts. Since you'll be playing units on the east side, it's a lot better if your friendlies are also spawned on the east side, and ennemies on the west side. That's what the variable does. So yep technically sector defenders will be OPFOR, even if you leave them with the standard NATO classnames (you'll get nato units on EAST side)

So far it's only been useful for people who want to play the campaign as russian RHS units. It would also work for CSAT but no one has made such an edit yet afaik

I've noticed there seems to be some sort of weird stuff going on for clients randomly in Liberation(memory leak?). The very first time I played it with a friend, he was hosting it and I started getting ~17 FPS after about 2½, 3 hours of playing. We were under the assumption it was the server, of which we restarted the mission first and then the server entirely. Neither of which helped, turns out I had to restart my game to fix it.

I'm not too familiar with while loops in ArmA 3, but my experience with while loops in general is that they can make and break things fairly easily. I noticed in the script that recalculate resources, it's just an outright while loop - wouldn't performance be drastically better if the while loop only ran once every second? Or would that risk things such as resources going out of sync?

That "memory leak" issue seems to happen on a wide variety on missions when there's a lot of AI units around, and indeed it requires to restart the entire game to get back an acceptable frame rate.

Constant loops (neverending with no delay or stopping condition) are indeed a problem, and this is not the case for the one you're talking about ;)

Not saying I've got it right 100% but I've tracked down every loop that could become a performance problem

Back when I was on the arma discord it was an endless topic of argument...

Also the reason why some loops are doubled is because at some point it seemed like some servers managed to exit while { true } loops after 30+ hours of playing but I wasn't able to prove that, so it might well be useless

• Like 1

It allows you to play as OPFOR without having to edit all 200 occurences of the side names in the scripts. Since you'll be playing units on the east side, it's a lot better if your friendlies are also spawned on the east side, and ennemies on the west side. That's what the variable does. So yep technically sector defenders will be OPFOR, even if you leave them with the standard NATO classnames (you'll get nato units on EAST side)

So far it's only been useful for people who want to play the campaign as russian RHS units. It would also work for CSAT but no one has made such an edit yet afaik

Right, gotchya I think. You know where I should look to swap in some CSAT classnames for those defenders or should I stop being lazy and look myself? :P

I've like 95% done this, it's only classnames.sqf (and _extension) files that are touched really. This way it's just a lot more simple to swap between them and not have to edit the lists haha, just swap which list is being used and those lines in gameplay_constants.sqf of course.

I've noticed, even with CSAT's minor amount of vehicles, if you notch the price down a little it really makes for a challenging experience that's quite a lot of fun. 

Not to mention those Xi'an, so OP, so much fun. =3=

That "memory leak" issue seems to happen on a wide variety on missions when there's a lot of AI units around, and indeed it requires to restart the entire game to get back an acceptable frame rate.

Constant loops (neverending with no delay or stopping condition) are indeed a problem, and this is not the case for the one you're talking about ;)

Not saying I've got it right 100% but I've tracked down every loop that could become a performance problem

Back when I was on the arma discord it was an endless topic of argument...

Also the reason why some loops are doubled is because at some point it seemed like some servers managed to exit while { true } loops after 30+ hours of playing but I wasn't able to prove that, so it might well be useless

Ah, cheers for the clarification. I'm fairly sure though that the while loop in recalculate_resources.sqf did not have a sleep timer though? Or it might be that I accidentally removed it...  :rolleyes:

Kind of weird how AI would affect client-side performance even if you restart the mission/server or simply return to main menu. I guess ArmA 3 doesn't do a very good job at cleaning stuff up. Fortunately restarting ArmA 3 isn't too great of a burden.

Oh, any information on any upcoming updates/changes? I'm curious as to what's coming up before I go ahead and change too much stuff, I've been looking at implementing custom objective-types and it looks like it'll be a little journey to figure things out, but not too bad. I also noticed that Altis has one opfor_supspawn(or something similar) point, I assume this is used to spawn support-related units such as artillery/mortar?

I'm still trying to figure out what the optimal way to design the layout is, how close objectives can be to one another. Where and how many points to place.

I'm working on the OPFOR now. Well it's 99% completed but I would like to wait for the code to be 100% before I finalise it. As in the vanilla Tanoa code. So I don't have to keep up with versions.

Maybe I'm retarded or something but is there a tanoa liberation out without CBA or anything? Just vanilla tanoa apex lib?

Can't find it anywhere :/

Am I just really not seeing it? :(

Am I just really not seeing it? :(

Basically. Aha. Will PM you soon.

• Like 1

Looking for what an opfor version of Tanoa?

No A vanilla .924 VERS like the original,

You PM'ed me for it recently dvdbrewster and I replied with a link?

I'm working on the OPFOR now. Well it's 99% completed but I would like to wait for the code to be 100% before I finalise it. As in the vanilla Tanoa code. So I don't have to keep up with versions.

Could you post a working version once you finish. Thanks!!!

I posted this some pages back for those interested;

I worked a bit on my Tanoa conversion and I've fixed some of the issues and implemented necessary features for starting vehicles. The new version can be downloaded here(Google Drive).

Changelog:

• Added the Light Vehicle Respawn script. (F_vehicleRespawn.sqf)
• Starting vehicles no longer use fuel. (Requires that you use my setup script! Changes made to recalculate_resources.sqf)
• Removed CBA dependency.
• Added a script to easily setup starting vehicles. (F_setupStartingVehicle.sqf)
• Added 1 Speedboat + 2 Assault Boats to starting area.

A starting vehicle does not use fuel resources, it also respawn when left abandoned or destroyed. You can easily specify what vehicles should act as starting vehicles by using my script.

Double-click the vehicles you've placed in the editor and enter this into the init script box;

_nul = [this, 60, 10, true] execVM "scripts\shared\functions\F_setupStartingVehicle.sqf";

The parameters are as follows; [Object, AbandonedDelay, RespawnDelay, ClearCargo].
Object - This should be left as this as it references the vehicle you added the init code to.
AbandonedDelay - The time in seconds before the vehicle will respawn due to not being used.
RespawnDelay - The time in seconds before the vehicle respawns after being destroyed.
ClearCargo - true means the vehicle's contents will be deleted upon respawn. false if you want to keep its contents.

Note: Only vehicles using my setup script will not consume fuel when used. I may add another parameter to my script later where you can specify whether it should use fuel or not if you for some reason would want that.

Next up I will look into making it so you can build objects, vehicles and recruit units from the HQ. I'm also looking into adding a new objective type, which would be used on ports/docks(rewards ammo+fuel? The idea here is that they'd be a bit more defended than a basic capture point due to its strategic value).

Could you post a working version once you finish. Thanks!!!

I'll try get it to you sooner, it just causes problems with me having to update both with new ideas/fixes etc but shouldn't be a big deal.

Hello guys, sorry if this has already been discussed but sifting through 70+ pages is alittle time consuming so i come here with my question directly.

I was wondering why whenever I add new unit's classnames from mods into the classname_extension.sqf file, it crashes my server essentially, only letting players spawn on a island and affectively disabling the Liberation game-mode as a whole.. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong and it's pretty aggravating, if anyone could help that'd be great.   :386: 

We're trying to get our server to rotate from Altis to Tanoa then back again once the server is completed. Not sure if that would be causing problems as well, or if we need separate files for Altis and Tanoa or not. Halp  :( 

We're currently using CBA_3, CUP and RHS for most of our modded units, with some steam workshop stand-alones as well.
My current classnames.sqf file that we're trying to use on our server: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Z-06sdP3ieNEgzMVVOYkl6N3c
The classname_extensions.sqf file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Z-06sdP3ieLXhyZWgxZ2Z5MmM

I'm not sure about anything to do with rotating maps, altho it seems like an idea I'd love to see? I'd love to have a random counter for which mission is played maybe? And need to know it only correctly swaps at the very end of the previous mission? ^^

I'm guessing your problem might be some missing bits here and there in the classnames.sqf and classnames_extension.sqf, as that always seemed to be my issue when the mission would spawn without then starting the spawn display and the mission thereafter.

classnames.sqf

if ( isNil "crewman_classname" ) then { crewman_classname = "B_crew_F"; };
if ( isNil "pilot_classname" ) then { pilot_classname = "B_Helipilot_F"; };

// UAV's may not need brackets or resource declaration count?  ;)
uavs = ["B_UGV_01_rcws_F","B_UGV_01_F","B_UAV_01_F","B_UAV_02_CAS_F","B_UAV_02_F","B_T_UAV_03_F];   //This works for me, I thought it would need to be ["classname"],["classname2"] but this is what worked for me.

classnames_extension.sqf
air_vehicles_overwrite = false;
air_vehicles_extension = [
["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F",0,0,12],
["I_Heli_light_03_F",0,50,12],
["JNS_Skycrane_BLU_Black",0,0,18],
["RHS_CH_47F",0,20,20],
["I_Heli_Transport_02_F",0,0,25],
["RHS_AH1Z_wd_GS",0,175,30],
["RHS_AH64D_wd",0,400,50],
["RHS_AH64D_wd_CS",0,400,50],
["FIR_F14D_Standard",0,175,40],
["FIR_F16C",0,100,30],
["FIR_F15E",0,200,50],
["FIR_F15K",0,225,50],
["JS_JC_FA18E",0,350,40],
["JS_JC_FA18F",0,350,40],
["JS_S_FA18X",0,350,40],
["CUP_B_C130J_USMC",0,0,30],
["CUP_B_C130J_Cargo_USMC",0,0,30],
["CUP_B_A10_CAS_USA",0,500,50],
["CUP_B_A10_AT_USA"0,475,50],
["RHS_MELB_MH6M",0,0,10],
["RHS_MELB_AH6M_L",0,35,10],
["RHS_MELB_AH6M_M",0,30,10],
["RHS_UH1Y_GS",0,80,15],
["CUP_B_UH1Y_GUNSHIP_USMC",0,70,15],
["CUP_B_UH60L_US",0,20,15],
["CUP_B_UH60L_Unarmed_FFV_MEV_US",0,0,15],
["CUP_B_CH53E_USMC",0,0,22],
>!["CUP_B_CH53E_VIV_USMC",0,0,22],
["I_Plane_Fighter_03_AA_F",0,50,30],
["I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F",0,100,30]
];

Oh, you know this is your militia? You might want your BTR70, ZSU234 and T80's appearing at higher levels of aggression, rather than right from the beginning?
Just stick them in some of the lower lists, there's 2 versions and a high and low aggression list for each version. Sector defenders spawn on the sector as well, defenders and Battlegroups are used for reinforcements and attacks.

militia_vehicles_overwrite = false;
militia_vehicles_extension = [
"rhs_btr70_chdkz",
"rhs_zsu234_chdkz",
"rhsgref_cdf_gaz66_zu23",
"rhsgref_BRDM2",
"rhs_t80",
"I_MU_mercs_Offroad_01_armed_F",
"I_MU_mercs_Offroad_01_armed_F",
"I_MU_mercs_Offroad_01_armed_F"
];

I hope this helps, if it continues look for more of the same in places you've previously edited. If you check the server.rpt it will point out any missing commas etc and the line (sometimes a nearby line anyways).

Spoilers just do not want to behave, sorry.

Edited by Applejakerie
  • Like 1

I hope this helps, if it continues look for more of the same in places you've previously edited. If you check the server.rpt it will point out any missing commas etc and the line (sometimes a nearby line anyways).

Spoilers just do not want to behave, sorry.

Yes, thank you very much, that got the game-mode working again properly.  :627: 

Although now we have the issue to where our modded vehicles are not showing up at all.. I can send the server.rpt file to but i'm not sure it'll help much, but the host says that all the mods are in the server.. Not sure if i'm missing something within the class_extension file now or not.  :banghead: