zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Well, neither I'm afraid. Through the process CBA updated some mission modules to CBA. I didn't want to revert entirely so I left it in (and even included some CBA objects).

So yea, CBA is necessary. I hope that's not any issue? I could remove the content and revert the modules but I'd rather leave it, it supports mods and does not get in the way at all.

How do you get the Paladin, do I need to download a mod or is it when I capture a town?

How do you get the Paladin, do I need to download a mod or is it when I capture a town?

Are you referring to the actual M109A6 Paladin? Then you'd need to get RHS.

• Like 1

Are you referring to the actual M109A6 Paladin? Then you'd need to get RHS.

LoL thanks Dude.

I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate question. I can't find an answer to it, so I thought I would ask here. 

I'm experimenting with porting Liberation to other terrains and I'm wondering if the missions state that's written to <profile>.vars.arma3profile will collide or if there is some sort of "namespace" in which they are saved that keeps each mission's variables separate. I've always used a different mechanism for saving my missions states such as a flat file that I read/write via a thin IO mod, I have no experience with profile variables and how they are stored.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this and again, sorry if it's already been asked.

James

You may modify the value of GRLIB_save_key in gameplay_constants.sqf to avoid this issue

I've looked into other ways of saving stuff with Arma script but didn't find any that would work without installing a 3rd party mod

You may modify the value of GRLIB_save_key in gameplay_constants.sqf to avoid this issue

I've looked into other ways of saving stuff with Arma script but didn't find any that would work without installing a 3rd party mod

Ah, thank you. And the comment is right there in the file. :) -James

ETA to Liberation Tanoa?

It's been available as 0.924 some few days. It's been available as 0.923 some few weeks.

Me Too sofar these FOB's TANOA are non-op.

Tanoa Liberation 0.924 is available and working, not perfect but still being worked on daily.

EDIT: Seems a Nod32 AV client picked up my dl link as a virus, so I removed it. A false positive I'm sure but still. If someone can check with any AV available, do it. 

I'll still be passing around dl links to those who want but only by PM so I have an easy list of who I need to keep updated with better working versions of my Tanoa Liberation.

The dl link I was using was TinyUpload.com, any better suggestions other than a cloud?

For those interested: 37.187.170.40:2327

This is where I'm running the mission, it'll be updated as I decide to and it's solely for improving on the project. Tanoa Lib's not finished, just available and I am new to this concept entirely.

The server runs constantly, if it's turned off I'm working on it. Figured some might wanna try before they 'buy'. Thanks.

Would like to add the new Apex hardware to the list of things that can be purchased with ammo. Is it as easy as adding the classes to an array? If so, where is it stored? Thanks!

Would like to add the new Apex hardware to the list of things that can be purchased with ammo. Is it as easy as adding the classes to an array? If so, where is it stored? Thanks!

You mean you wanna add say the new Nato Pacific Blackfish VTOL to the air build menu? Or the new NATO pacific infantry maybe?

You mean you wanna add say the new Nato Pacific Blackfish VTOL to the air build menu? Or the new NATO pacific infantry maybe?

Precisely.

Use PBO Manager to de-pbo the "liberationmission".pbo Then go to classnames within the folder\scripts\shared and add the Apex classnames there, there's comments and plenty of examples within the actual mission already of course.

Make sure it's just Vanilla and Apex, no mod content. That's for the classnames_extension.sqf in the root of the folder.

Hello :) 

At first i want to say sorry for my bad english. (not my native language) 

At first i had a CTI server on my windows root and it worked. 

Yesterday i got a new Linux server from my sponsor. 

I copied the 2 configs and the .pbo file. But suddenly i noticed that it doesn't work.

Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script
0:08:33 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.213)
0:08:33 Host identity created.
[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 107410
0:08:33 Game Port: 27015, Steam Query Port: 27016
Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 27015, Steam Query Port: 27016
Arma 3 Console version 1.62 : port 27015
Unsupported language English in stringtable
mpmissions\cti_lonexx.altis: string @STR_MISSION_TITLE cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
Unsupported language English in stringtable
0:08:33 Mission read from bank.
@STR_MISSION_TITLE: string @STR_MISSION_TITLE cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
cti_lonexx: string @STR_MISSION_DESCRIPTION cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

I hope that you can help me!

Have a good evening :) 

So I took some time off from working on our UE4 game and I've gone ahead and ported my version over to Tanoa. I've replaced both BLUFOR and OPFOR infantry and some vehicles with their Tanoa equivalent. I've of course also added the new vehicles such as the Prowler and Blackfish. OPFOR also being able to utilize their Tanoa vehicles.

I've only playtested it a little bit, so it's very possible I might have missed something or that something is bugged. But it should be at a relatively working state. I've pre-modeled a HQ of sorts where you'll be starting - feel free to modify as you please. I also went ahead and extended the building menus so you have a few more objects to play around with. I tried adding some of the pier segments in hopes we'll be able to establish our own coastal FOBs(this needs some testing).

This version has a modified save key, so it shouldn't overwrite any of your other Liberation games.

Known Issues:
• You can't build inside the HQ yet(thus I have provided the HQ with some starting vehicles).
• Starting vehicles consume fuel.

• Starting vehicles do not respawn upon death.

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions for tweaking and whatnot - let me know.

Oh, and it requires CBA just like the default mission due to it using a Game Logic module(is this necessary, Zbug, or can it be replaced with a default ArmA 3 module?).

ArmA 3 Tanoa + CBA Liberation:
Download (Google Drive)

• Like 2

Hello :)

At first i want to say sorry for my bad english. (not my native language) 

At first i had a CTI server on my windows root and it worked. 

Yesterday i got a new Linux server from my sponsor. 

I copied the 2 configs and the .pbo file. But suddenly i noticed that it doesn't work.

I hope that you can help me!

Have a good evening :)

I suggest rebuilding your server with LSM. It is honestly the best way to run a Linux dedicated server. Give it a try making sure to follow the directions very carefully and you shouldn't have an issue.

https://gameservermanagers.com/lgsm/arma3server/

Guys im sorry, I have searched and read and dont usually feel this stupid. Can someone please give me a step by step on how to disable FAR Revive. Im usually not this simple haha

Am using dedicated server.

Thanks

Guys im sorry, I have searched and read and dont usually feel this stupid. Can someone please give me a step by step on how to disable FAR Revive. Im usually not this simple haha

there is a parameter to set on revive disabled. 

after u choose the misssion in the lobby u can click on parameters and set revive to disable.

if u want it default this way u have to look in the mission there are two places where its stored:

scripts/shared/fetch_params.sqf

ui/mission_params.hpp

i am not shure which one is important i allways change both. working on serverside

Known Issues:

• You can't build inside the HQ yet(thus I have provided the HQ with some starting vehicles).

• Starting vehicles consume fuel.

• Starting vehicles do not respawn upon death.

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions for tweaking and whatnot - let me know.

Oh, and it requires CBA just like the default mission due to it using a Game Logic module(is this necessary, Zbug, or can it be replaced with a default ArmA 3 module?).

ArmA 3 Tanoa + CBA Liberation:

Download (Google Drive)

I'm struggling to find a solution to add the build menu to Chimera, is this what you're doing with your HQ? I'd love to see some ideas.

For the starting vehicles, why not just use a vehicle respawn at say 5 minutes? That's my solution. The GameLogic is originally non-CBA, when you load and save with CBA, it converts. What I did was remove the Game Logic (and Virtual Spectator, these convert too) and then saved, rebooted without CBA and readded the usual Game Logic as "gamelogic" and the Virtual Arsenals, just be sure to note the module settings so that the new originals are the same. 

I'm struggling to find a solution to add the build menu to Chimera, is this what you're doing with your HQ? I'd love to see some ideas.

For the starting vehicles, why not just use a vehicle respawn at say 5 minutes? That's my solution. The GameLogic is originally non-CBA, when you load and save with CBA, it converts. What I did was remove the Game Logic (and Virtual Spectator, these convert too) and then saved, rebooted without CBA and readded the usual Game Logic as "gamelogic" and the Virtual Arsenals, just be sure to note the module settings so that the new originals are the same. 

I played around with it a bit some time ago, it'll require some changes to the script that manages the action menu. But shouldn't be too difficult, I've added a custom marker either way(bluforhq) maybe I'll be able to use that and simply measure the distance. Will look into it later.

I'd prefer a either or respawn mechanic, so if it's away from the HQ and has been inactive - it will respawn. Also if it's been destroyed, rather than a pre-defined timer.

Also cheers for the info regarding Game Logic, will fix that right away.  :D

I played around with it a bit some time ago, it'll require some changes to the script that manages the action menu. But shouldn't be too difficult, I've added a custom marker either way(bluforhq) maybe I'll be able to use that and simply measure the distance. Will look into it later.

I'd prefer a either or respawn mechanic, so if it's away from the HQ and has been inactive - it will respawn. Also if it's been destroyed, rather than a pre-defined timer.

I'm not even close to a scripter but I'm learning quickly I'd like to say. See I love your idea I just wouldn't mind using Chimera as the HQ, it just seems so useless when it's used that first time and then forgotten. I'm considering putting Opfor air spawns nearby to keep it within conflict for a short while but I'm not sure if they're going to work as intended when the players expand past the Chimera and the points stop spawning.

You had any luck removing the LHD? I'd love to see any LHD cinematic references removed. 

That's what the module does - depending on how it's set of course. Have a look under Multiplayer modules, I think for Vehicle Respawn. I dumped one on Chimera and it's worked fine so far, if the vehicle is destroyed, after 5 minutes it will "vanish with explosion effect" and then respawn back at Chimera. I've got this on 3 Hunters, 2 Littlebirds and a CTRG Ghosthawk.

It won't take into effect vehicles being outside of your HQ area (or an FoB area) but doesn't the vehicle cleanup parameter take care of that? Or is it only cleaning vehicles built by players?

2.95 Shipping, pff.

Oh anyone know if this is going to work or am I looking for a symbol like + and not "and"?

if ( combat_readiness > 35 and < 75 ) then {

To be precise, I want the squad spawning between 35% and 75% only. I have a Viper squad set for after 75% and militia are my Syndikat. =3=