zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

It should save automatically when you stop hosting, it stores the data in your ArmA 3 Profile as far as I know. New weapons can easily be added by modifying the mission, but requires knowledge on how to unpack and pack the PBO. ACE should work more or less out-of-the box with the exception for the reviving mechanic I would imagine. :)

Could we have the SAVE option added in future versions so that it can be used for those of us who like using it in SP? The auto save is not as good as the use of manually saving the mission like when me and my friends used to do dynamic campaign missions on Falcon 4 Allied Forces we could help each other with the campaign and being Dynamic it is similar to Liberation in some respects also an ammo box would be cool for vehicles like in Domination and Evolutions missions.

Could we have the SAVE option added in future versions so that it can be used for those of us who like using it in SP? The auto save is not as good as the use of manually saving the mission like when me and my friends used to do dynamic campaign missions on Falcon 4 Allied Forces we could help each other with the campaign and being Dynamic it is similar to Liberation in some respects also an ammo box would be cool for vehicles like in Domination and Evolutions missions.

Why not just host it as LAN for 1 player if you want to play it SP? It should save when you return back to menu. :)

The instructions given in this comment are now well out-dated. My previous method of mitigating damage and applying BIS' revive no longer works, so back to the drawing board.

Edited by vagrantauthor

Why not just host it as LAN for 1 player if you want to play it SP? It should save when you return back to menu. :)

Thanks I'll do that BTW how do you load an ammo box onto a HEMTT?

Thanks I'll do that BTW how do you load an ammo box onto a HEMTT?

The boxes need to be within ~6 meters of the rear of the truck, the dismount and look at the boxes. You should get an option to load the boxes.

Then unload these at an FOB(I think it has to be an FOB?) and they'll be turned into ammo after a few seconds.

Aye, at an FoB. Not sure if Chimera counts either. 

Anyone else having issues with the repair function? All I did was update the repair HEMTT to the Apex B_T_ variety. Now nothing will repair anything, the truck or the huron container (which hasn't been touched).

Thanks guys.

Anyone else having issues with the repair function? All I did was update the repair HEMTT to the Apex B_T_ variety. Now nothing will repair anything, the truck or the huron container (which hasn't been touched).

Thanks guys.

I've had the same problem. What DOES seem to work for me is a Huron container, however. I have fuel, ammo, and repair containers within a reasonable distance of my helipads and they seem to work. If this doesn't work and you have access to Zeus, you can always repair the vehicle at the appropriate time by open it's properties, setting the health to < 100%, then hitting ok. Open again and change the health slider to 100%.Boom, fixed. :) Obviously, most players would prefer to have the Huron repair their vehicles and may not have access to zeus, but that doesn't really help you repair a damaged vehicle in the AO... For a while, I would just recycle the vehicle and build a new one.

The boxes need to be within ~6 meters of the rear of the truck, the dismount and look at the boxes. You should get an option to load the boxes.

Then unload these at an FOB(I think it has to be an FOB?) and they'll be turned into ammo after a few seconds.

The option isn't coming up, could it be ACE that's blocking it?

The option isn't coming up, could it be ACE that's blocking it?

I never tried this, thanks. Regarding the unloading of boxes from the truck, have you tried ACE interact with the vehicle and unloading cargo? We've found that there are two ways to load and unload boxes, ammo specifically, from HEMTTs: One is use the mission option described above. Should see yellow text, space bar, loads cargo. You can also use ACE to load the box, this results in a progress bar being displayed and the cargo is loaded. I've never tried to unload the boxes from a repair HEMTT, but I'm going to try now that it's been pointed out :)

Thanks guys.

Something breaks when defaults are changed at top of classnames_extensions, mostly repair. For a quick fix,

Make a initPlayerLocal.sqf , put below in to declare all units engie & medic if want for a quick fix. Something deep breaks and too lazy to hunt for what it is. 

player setUnitTrait ["Medic",true];

player setUnitTrait ["Engineer",true];

@jcleland Maybe if we shared the 2 classname documents we could get to the bottom of this for both of us. What exactly is your broken object/function? Mine is anything that repairs doesn't repair anymore, Bobcat, Truck or Container. Haven't tried as an engi honestly but I imagine this works. However yea, whilst abusing x50 resources to "explore" Tanoa first time round, we can sell and buy but you can see why that's a future x1 resource issue.

@kilrbe3 Hopefully between myself and jcleland we can find what breaks, I made sure to update the classroom near the bottom of the document too. I am using that fix now yes but having to lug an engipack when you wanna be a medic is upsetting. :(

Ohw I ignored your deep comment, really it's something deeper in the folder? So searching all for the classname might reveal somewhere important?

Did you add it via the extension or directly in classnames.sqf? What if you try this;

vehicle_repair_sources = [] + vehicle_repair_sources_extension + [ "YourClassHere" /*"B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F", "C_Offroad_01_repair_F", "B_Truck_01_Repair_F", "B_Slingload_01_Repair_F", "JNS_Skycrane_Pod_Repair_BLU_Black"*/ ];

I haven't touched this yet myself, so will take a deeper look at it later. Also keep in mind that the last entry in an array should not have a comma, I'm not sure how sensitive ArmA is to this - but it does tend to be rather stubborn.

Well being lazy I added it directly to classnames.sqf yes, changed the default to the B_T_ variant.

I also did what you put there, made sure to add it to the repair_sources_extension. I'm probably going to try it with the old classname still in the repair_sources_extension as well, just for giggles. Then I'm gunna revert to normal and see if it works, just to be sure. o.O

Yer I'm good on commas. Maybe it's as simple as using the classnames_extension.sqf exactly how it should be. We'll see.

On the note for moving objects around. Why don't you just enable Zeus on the fobs position and create a "limited editing area" for "Empty" objects?
Allowing us to move objects around etc. and not worry about your clipping issues. This way you get the full ability to use Zeus's ability to move objects around., and stack things etc. 

Can anyone say for sure what these guys are up to on their daily routine? Not sure where they fit in to the mission, thank you.

original_resistance =

["O_G_Soldier_SL_F","O_G_Soldier_A_F","O_G_Soldier_AR_F","O_G_medic_F","O_G_engineer_F","O_G_Soldier_exp_F","O_G_Soldier_GL_F","O_G_Soldier_M_F","O_G_Soldier_F","O_G_Soldier_LAT_F","O_G_Soldier_lite_F","O_G_Sharpshooter_F","O_G_Soldier_TL_F"];

Oh and how would I go about adding a new OpFor squad? I mean, I want to add the Viper units but as a whole squad not as a random choice for sector defence/battlegroups. So surely I just need to create this squad and not include them anywhere in the random spawn lists above. I was guessing I need to do so here...

opfor_squad_low_intensity = [opfor_team_leader,opfor_machinegunner,opfor_medic,opfor_rpg,opfor_sentry,opfor_sentry,opfor_sentry,opfor_sentry];

opfor_squad_8_standard = [opfor_squad_leader,opfor_team_leader,opfor_machinegunner,opfor_heavygunner,opfor_medic,opfor_marksman,opfor_grenadier,opfor_rpg];
opfor_squad_8_infkillers = [opfor_squad_leader,opfor_machinegunner,opfor_machinegunner,opfor_heavygunner,opfor_medic,opfor_marksman,opfor_sharpshooter,opfor_sniper];
opfor_squad_8_tankkillers = [opfor_squad_leader,opfor_medic,opfor_machinegunner,opfor_rpg,opfor_rpg,opfor_at,opfor_at,opfor_at];

opfor_squad_8_airkillers = [opfor_squad_leader,opfor_medic,opfor_machinegunner,opfor_rpg,opfor_rpg,opfor_aa,opfor_aa,opfor_aa];

...but is there anything else I should do? I'd like to just add an opfor_squad_high_intensity if possible but how would I go about ensuring they only spawn at a higher intensity? Thanks again!

Edited by Applejakerie

Pretty easy, since we already know that opfor_squad_low_intensity is spawned only during a certain threshold, we can assume that we'll find relevant code by searching through all the files to see where it's being referenced. Rightly so, you'll find that it is indeed being used in F_getAdaptiveSquadComp.sqf.

In this script, I think you'll find a particular liking in this little piece of code;

if ( !isNil 'combat_readiness' ) then {
	if ( combat_readiness < 35 ) then {

:)

• Like 1

That would make sense yes haha, thanks for pointing that out!

No idea about that "original_resistance" yourself? I'm so curious. :')

Just about finished up my v2 of a Tanoa port, all classnames updated, mission includes that previous OP Commander support system, perfect for porting onto additional maps or general vanilla gameplay. Or it would be but it requires CBA to load the mission. Just a couple small errors to clear, if anyone's interested PM me for it. Cheers.

Original resistance are the classnames that get custom loadouts when spawned, such as crappier gear and flashlights in vanilla, or crappy AKs from RHS weapons when RHS is loaded

• Like 1

My Zeus AI is getting mowed down and, they have a literal spastic. One AI was watching an Ifrit... The dumb stupid AI switched his weapon from the missile launcher to his rifle 20 time before finally reacting and firing his PCML after that it was too damn late and he was dead. Zeus AI are useless... And I am getting aimbotted from across the map nearly 400M with an MG this is infuriating.

Took 5 platoons to the enemy CSAT and they still died and lost. Total rubbish. Something is wrong with BLUFORS AI. It plain can't even shoot.

Original resistance are the classnames that get custom loadouts when spawned, such as crappier gear and flashlights in vanilla, or crappy AKs from RHS weapons when RHS is loaded.

Really, that's awesome! They were the last thing I hadn't updated to Apex, wanted to be sure it wouldn't break anything. Shame Apex doesn't have it's own Heavy Gunner tho.

Still struggling with my repair issue, altho is it my issue or everyone's? I haven't touched the code or the containers and even they don't repair. Or is simply updating the repair truck to Apex variant what's causing the whole function break?

My Zeus AI is getting mowed down and, they have a literal spastic. One AI was watching an Ifrit... The dumb stupid AI switched his weapon from the missile launcher to his rifle 20 time before finally reacting and firing his PCML after that it was too damn late and he was dead. Zeus AI are useless... And I am getting aimbotted from across the map nearly 400M with an MG this is infuriating.

Took 5 platoons to the enemy CSAT and they still died and lost. Total rubbish. Something is wrong with BLUFORS AI. It plain can't even shoot.

AI have always been frustratingly lucky. I've even seen some friendlies make pot shots I couldn't make with a year to line them up. Thing is, the enemy AI MUST be better than the friendly AI. Or you're going to win, a lot. I always just imagined they were x5 better in a sense, to help balance against players. I mean, if we never died because we're 400m away, what's the point. The AI squad isn't exactly going to decide because it's made up of machine guns they need to regroup, flank and come in at CQB or whatever. They're just going to try find a line of sight and shoot you. ^^'

I've never looked into it personally but there are scripts you might like, to help control AI behaviour as well as mods and Headless Clients I think have something to do with it?

Is there a way to get OpFor to use planes for defending or random patrols?

Sure is! Place 'em here for a chance they'll spawn within a battlegroup (reinforcements etc, they can even appear when a battlegroup moves to attack a friendly FoB).

opfor_battlegroup_vehicles = [

//CSAT(Pacific)
"O_T_LSV_02_armed_F", //Qilin_Armed
"O_T_MRAP_02_hmg_ghex_F", //Ifrit_HMG
"O_T_MRAP_02_hmg_ghex_F", //Ifrit_HMG
"O_T_MRAP_02_gmg_ghex_F", //Ifrit_GMG
"O_T_Truck_03_transport_ghex_F", //Tempest_Transport
"O_T_Truck_03_covered_ghex_F", //Tempest_Transport_Covered
"O_T_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_ghex_F", //MSE-3_Marid
"O_T_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_ghex_F", //BTR-K_Kamysh
"O_T_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_ghex_F", //BTR-K_Kamysh
"O_T_APC_Tracked_02_AA_ghex_F", //ZSU-39_Tigris
"O_T_APC_Tracked_02_AA_ghex_F", //ZSU-39_Tigris
"O_T_MBT_02_cannon_ghex_F", //T-100_Varsuk
"O_T_MBT_02_cannon_ghex_F", //T-100_Varsuk
"O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F", //Orca_Unarmed(Black)
"O_Heli_Light_02_v2_F", //PO-30_Orca_Armed(Black)
"O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F", //Mi-48_Kajman(Black)
"O_T_VTOL_02_infantry_F", //Y-32_Xi'an_Infantry. These guys are OP as hell sometimes!:D
"O_Plane_CAS_02_F" //To-199_Neophron_CAS. These guys not so much..

];

Then repeat them here, as they're supposed to spawn in the air. 

opfor_choppers = [

//CSAT(Pacific)
"O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F", //Orca_Unarmed(Black)
"O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F" //Mi-48_Kajman(Black)
];
if ( isNil "opfor_choppers_extension" ) then { opfor_choppers_extension = [] };
if ( isNil "opfor_choppers_overwrite" ) then { opfor_choppers_overwrite = false };
if ( opfor_choppers_overwrite ) then { opfor_choppers = opfor_choppers_extension; } else { opfor_choppers = opfor_choppers + opfor_choppers_extension; };

opfor_air = [
//CSAT(Pacific)
"O_T_VTOL_02_infantry_F", //Y-32_Xi'an_Infantry
"O_Plane_CAS_02_F" //To-199_Neophron_CAS

];

Also might be worth doing the same in classnames_extension.sqf, I have anyway and now the planes actually spawn in the air. 

NOTE: If you add the plane to all Opfor vehicles, or the low_intensity version if you really want to, they will spawn on the ground. I haven't seen this happen since I updated the _extension too.

I believe Applejakerie is working on a Tanoa conversion, but you can also make your own conversion fairly easily. Really, it's just a matter of copying and pasting a few things. So long as you keep the same naming convention, it should more or less work right out of the box(biggest issue being due to a lot of stuff relying on LHD).

It all depends on how you want to customize it, if you want to support RHS for example, you'll need to edit some scripts. There is a Wiki entry available on how to do it, but it's really vague and lacks a lot of important information to avoid errors and stuff breaking.

I wrote a very detailed documentation on this as I started my Takistan conversion, but I was using firepad.io for the first time and thought that private notes would save. Turns out they didn't :P

Haha, well I've finished the conversion that really is the easy part. It's the small errors I'm working on, as well as some new changes. @kdjac It's a working version tho, just needs some work with regards to the taw_vd script as well as some additional ideas and of course, repair isn't working, so I've included an initPlayerLocal.sqf to make all medic and engineer, why not? (Cheers kilrbe3). Unit list includes CTRG, seems a bit 'full' to me but I couldn't leave them out. Enemy spawns might need some tweaking. Have fun though. (Ignore the camera at beginning, it's looking for the LHD).

PM me and I'll try supply downloads per significant update, also any willing comments and thoughts, thanks. ;P

Haha, well I've finished the conversion that really is the easy part. It's the small errors I'm working on, as well as some new changes. @kdjac It's a working version tho, just needs some work with regards to the taw_vd script as well as some additional ideas and of course, repair isn't working, so I've included an initPlayerLocal.sqf to make all medic and engineer, why not? (Cheers kilrbe3). Unit list includes CTRG, seems a bit 'full' to me but I couldn't leave them out. Enemy spawns might need some tweaking. Have fun though. (Ignore the camera at beginning, it's looking for the LHD).

Greuh_Lib0924_AJv2.Tanoa PM me and I'll try supply downloads per significant update, also any willing comments and thoughts, thanks. ;P

your version seems to need CBA.

just forget to remove it, or is it really necessary?