zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

I already changed that part, that was easy. That just makes the Russians you spawn not shoot you. Now I need to edit the people that spawn on Base Chimera.

Aren't those spawned manually in the editor? I didn't bother adding Base Chimera in my version. I don't think I've seen any code spawning AI in either base?

Yep there's some invisible objects around the LHD that are useful for the scripts, and they're moved to the land base if you don't have the LHD mod loaded, so removing everything around the LHD will break things. The mission already does that for you anyways ;)

I was considering removing the LHD altogether in the next version, since the mod isn't supported anymore, and it seems very few people actually use it. That would make everything simpler.

Also yep the land base was manually done in the editor, so if you leave blufor units around it while playing opfor, they'll try to shoot you 

I don't know if this is a bug, but i've activated the secondary Search & Rescue mission twice, but it doesn't start.

Any ideas?

Anything in your rpt logs?

I already changed that part, that was easy. That just makes the Russians you spawn not shoot you. Now I need to edit the people that spawn on Base Chimera.

I just edited the missions.sqm file. I just replaced all the soldier's classnames with the desired ones.

I got a very nice working RHS mission where the russians are the friendly side, USA are the enemies. I may upload it if you are interested.

• Like 1

This might be a bit of a derp question but - I've been using the Tanoa build on 0.923, can I update to 0.924 by overwriting all but the mission.sqf or has there been changes in the editor that mean I need to port to Tanoa again?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to trying it out, we honestly love this mission!

Apple. ^^'

Wuhey, 1 post, I know.

Hello guys! 

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, IT IS REALLY BASIC)

I love your mission. I finish it like 3 or 4 times with my friends and random players. 

I think the mision is too easy playing with arsenal. You can choice  all the weapons if you want. is posible disable the arsenal, and replace it to Limmited ammoboxes?. Anb when you clean a red zone earn a LOOT with better weapons?  (like Co- 36 Resistence mision)

And, is posible do the mision more dynamic? Because it is very predictable, you only can find enemies in the red zones. Maybe generating IA squad patrolling the rutes, or road outpost between zones. 

(i know, i write english like a neanthertal xD)

Yep there's some invisible objects around the LHD that are useful for the scripts, and they're moved to the land base if you don't have the LHD mod loaded, so removing everything around the LHD will break things. The mission already does that for you anyways ;)

I was considering removing the LHD altogether in the next version, since the mod isn't supported anymore, and it seems very few people actually use it. That would make everything simpler.

While LHD is cool, it's absolutely dependent on the map having some ocean or rather large body of water(would look weird if not an ocean though). I think supporting both is viable, all the stuff is more or less there - it just needs to be modified into a less convoluted method. I found out after a lot of trial and error that a lot of logic depends on actual mission-specific objects.

The fix is rather simple(even if a bit tedious), instead of using objects as a reference for spawning the Huron and FOB box for example - expose such positions directly in the scripts instead. I've already done some of it, but it's a bit of a mess and not particularly polished since I figured out how it works a bit too late.

Once I'm done with my mission I can upload it and you can cross-reference to see what changes I've made to make it work. Alternatively, I might just make a cleaner version later as I'd like to move this onto Tanoa as well.

Also, if anyone's interested, I've made some changes so a circle is drawn at every zone and FOB so it's a bit easier to know where you can and can not put an FOB. Do note, that it's still possible to "exploit"(go to border, deploy FOB, move closer to the zone and place it).

(clickable screenshot)

PtzG31om.jpg

If anyone wants to do this, here's how to;

init.sqf;

if (isServer) then {
	[] call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\server\init_server.sqf";
	{
                // Dealman's Note: Add FOB Border to Sectors
		{
		_markerPos = getMarkerPos _x;
		_markerName = markerText _x;

_outerMarker = createMarkerLocal [format[_markerName+"%1", _forEachIndex], _markerPos];
		_outerMarker setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE";
		_outerMarker setMarkerSizeLocal [(GRLIB_capture_size+GRLIB_fob_range), (GRLIB_capture_size+GRLIB_fob_range)];
		_outerMarker setMarkerBrushLocal "Border";
		_outerMarker setMarkerColorLocal "colorBLUFOR";

} foreach _x;
	} foreach [sectors_capture, sectors_bigtown, sectors_factory, sectors_military, sectors_tower];
};

scripts/client/markers/fob_markers.sqf;

if ( count _markers != count GRLIB_all_fobs ) then {
		{ deleteMarkerLocal _x } foreach _markers;
		_markers = [];
		for [ {_idx=0},{_idx < count GRLIB_all_fobs},{_idx=_idx+1}] do {
			_marker = createMarkerLocal [format ["fobmarker%1",_idx], markers_reset];
			_marker setMarkerTypeLocal "b_hq";
			_marker setMarkerSizeLocal [ 1.5, 1.5 ];
			_marker setMarkerPosLocal (GRLIB_all_fobs select _idx);
			_marker setMarkerTextLocal format ["FOB %1",military_alphabet select _idx];
			_marker setMarkerColorLocal "ColorYellow";
			_markers pushback _marker;
			// Dealman's Note: Add FOB Border to FOBs
			_fobMarker = createMarkerLocal [format ["fobmarker%1_%1",_idx], markers_reset];
			_fobMarker setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE";
			_fobMarker setMarkerSizeLocal [1000, 1000]; // This is not exposed for easy config; _minfobdistance in do_build_fob.sqf
			_fobMarker setMarkerPosLocal (GRLIB_all_fobs select _idx);
			_fobMarker setMarkerBrushLocal "Border";
			_fobMarker setMarkerColorLocal "colorBLUFOR";
		};
	}; 

I just edited the missions.sqm file. I just replaced all the soldier's classnames with the desired ones.

I got a very nice working RHS mission where the russians are the friendly side, USA are the enemies. I may upload it if you are interested.

yeah i would love the upload

Hello!

First of all thanks for this mission, me and my buddies are having alot of fun with it.

Now to my question, i have built us a base in the editor, added it to the mission.sqf and it works fine ingame, but it seems on every server restart (or save) my added structures get duplicated.

is there a way to not have my custom stuff saved or otherwise work around this issue?

Hello!

First of all thanks for this mission, me and my buddies are having alot of fun with it.

Now to my question, i have built us a base in the editor, added it to the mission.sqf and it works fine ingame, but it seems on every server restart (or save) my added structures get duplicated.

is there a way to not have my custom stuff saved or otherwise work around this issue?

This is an interesting one. Which editor are you using to edit the mission? What is your process?

This is an interesting one. Which editor are you using to edit the mission? What is your process?

I tried different approaches.

i never opened the mission in the editor, i only added sections to the mission.sqf and init to run my script. i dont trust the editors merge function all too much so i prefer adding it manually to the mission.sqf.

first i tried running it as a script, which i created with the help of x-cam in the 2d editor.

After i realised the stuff gets duplicated on each restart, i tried putting it directly into the mission.sqf, with the same result.

the script looks like this:

private ["_obj","_dat","_cString","_adString"];

_obj = objNull;_dat = [];_adString = "CAN_COLLIDE";
_cString =
{
    _obj = createVehicle [(_dat select 0), [0,0,0], [], 0, _adString];
    if((_dat select 4) == 0) then {_obj enableSimulation false};
    if((_dat select 8) == 0) then {_obj allowDamage false};
    _obj setdir (_dat select 2);
    if((_dat select 3) == -100) then
    {
        _obj setposATL (call compile (_dat select 1));
        if((_dat select 5) == 0) then {_obj setVectorUp [0,0,1]} else {_obj setVectorUp (surfacenormal (getPosATL _obj))};
    }
    else
    {
        _obj setposworld [((call compile (_dat select 1)) select 0),((call compile (_dat select 1)) select 1),(_dat select 3)];
        [_obj,((_dat select 7) select 0),((_dat select 7) select 1)] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;
    };
    if(count (_dat select 6) > 0) then {{call _x} foreach (_dat select 6)};
};

_dat = ["Land_Sign_WarningMilitaryArea_F","[16832.171875,10338.834961,0]",116.577,-100,1,0,[],[0,0],1];call _cString;

And this is how i put it in the mission file:

class Item138
        {
            position[]={16832.172,14.967101,10338.835};
            azimut=116.577;
            id=217;
            side="EMPTY";
            vehicle="Land_Sign_WarningMilitaryArea_F";
            skill=0.60000002;
            init="this enableSimulation true;this setdir 116.577;this setposATL [16832.171875,10338.834961,0];this setVectorUp [0,0,1]";
        };

I tried different approaches.

i never opened the mission in the editor, i only added sections to the mission.sqf and init to run my script. i dont trust the editors merge function all too much so i prefer adding it manually to the mission.sqf.

first i tried running it as a script, which i created with the help of x-cam in the 2d editor.

After i realised the stuff gets duplicated on each restart, i tried putting it directly into the mission.sqf, with the same result.

the script looks like this:

private ["_obj","_dat","_cString","_adString"];

_obj = objNull;_dat = [];_adString = "CAN_COLLIDE";
_cString =
{
    _obj = createVehicle [(_dat select 0), [0,0,0], [], 0, _adString];
    if((_dat select 4) == 0) then {_obj enableSimulation false};
    if((_dat select 8) == 0) then {_obj allowDamage false};
    _obj setdir (_dat select 2);
    if((_dat select 3) == -100) then
    {
        _obj setposATL (call compile (_dat select 1));
        if((_dat select 5) == 0) then {_obj setVectorUp [0,0,1]} else {_obj setVectorUp (surfacenormal (getPosATL _obj))};
    }
    else
    {
        _obj setposworld [((call compile (_dat select 1)) select 0),((call compile (_dat select 1)) select 1),(_dat select 3)];
        [_obj,((_dat select 7) select 0),((_dat select 7) select 1)] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;
    };
    if(count (_dat select 6) > 0) then {{call _x} foreach (_dat select 6)};
};

_dat = ["Land_Sign_WarningMilitaryArea_F","[16832.171875,10338.834961,0]",116.577,-100,1,0,[],[0,0],1];call _cString;

And this is how i put it in the mission file:

class Item138
        {
            position[]={16832.172,14.967101,10338.835};
            azimut=116.577;
            id=217;
            side="EMPTY";
            vehicle="Land_Sign_WarningMilitaryArea_F";
            skill=0.60000002;
            init="this enableSimulation true;this setdir 116.577;this setposATL [16832.171875,10338.834961,0];this setVectorUp [0,0,1]";
        };

Everything I've added to the mission have been statically placed objects. Have you tried setting up what you want in Eden then copying the generated code from the PBO?

I've found this so far to be an extremely good mission one request is to be able to SAVE game since it is my intent to invade Altis lol. BTW is it possible for all vehicles and weapons in CUPS and ACE to be available in this mod.

cheers

Subs

I've found this so far to be an extremely good mission one request is to be able to SAVE game since it is my intent to invade Altis lol. BTW is it possible for all vehicles and weapons in CUPS and ACE to be available in this mod.

cheers

Subs

It should save automatically when you stop hosting, it stores the data in your ArmA 3 Profile as far as I know. New weapons can easily be added by modifying the mission, but requires knowledge on how to unpack and pack the PBO. ACE should work more or less out-of-the box with the exception for the reviving mechanic I would imagine. :)

Everything I've added to the mission have been statically placed objects. Have you tried setting up what you want in Eden then copying the generated code from the PBO?

With the fear of missions being messed up i never really used eden, also i got way too used to the old 2d editor.

i did what you said with exactly the same result.

as soon as i place an fob somewhere, everything that is accessible under the "build" menu and is in fob range will be duplicated after restart.

so basically i just removed  everything from the classnames file for now. (buildings, walls and such) and nothing gets duplicated anymore.

Not the best way, but it works for now.

I used EDEN to migrate Liberation from Altis to Kunduz and also converting it from using ArmA 3 assets to only using RHS assets without any issues whatsoever(well, apart from LHD). I haven't seen any objects being duplicated. To make sure, are these the reproduction steps?

1. Edit the mission(manually or via EDEN), add some objects.
2. Save it, pack it back into a PBO.

3. Play it a little, abort to save it.

4. Rehost

My assumption here is that Liberation might be getting all objects when saving the mission, since when you build objects around an FOB they obviously need to be saved. If such is the case, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'll check it out later. :)

Edit:

Zbug, could you clarify as to what the opfor_point markers do and what are battlegroups, reinforcements? So do the opfor_points serve as reinforcement points...?

Is there another way to deploy to the main land as I'm having trouble sling loading! Could we have a landing boat or amphibious MHQ?

Is there another way to deploy to the main land as I'm having trouble sling loading! Could we have a landing boat or amphibious MHQ?

Meaning its bugged and can't lift with the CH? Or meaning, you can't fly properly to pick up a load? ^_^

If bugged or whatever reasons :P Try 'Advanced Sling Loading', here, https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=643080051

Nice small mod that works for all even if 1 person has on server, and fills gaps where more scripts would be needed in mission / give more 'towing and repel' options without editing mission.

• Like 1

After doing some testing with Kunduz, I've come to the conclusion it's not a very good map for Liberation due to a variety of reasons. I have since started over and I'm now using Takistan. I've modified the script to allow for starting with an HQ instead of starting on a carrier.

Some more testing and tweaking to be done before the map's in an enjoyable state, but it's currently playable without any errors(thus far) and lets you choose whether you want to start with an FOB truck or an FOB box, it's also now optional to start with a transport helicopter(default is huron, but I've changed the script so stuff doesn't break if a huron is not present).

Zbug, with your permission once I consider this mission to be in an enjoyable state I can upload it to my Google Drive for other people to check out if so desired. Also, if you wanna look into the changes I made, simply throw me a PM and I'll upload it for you to check out. :) I've also documented the stuff needed to migrate the mission to another map so it should be a very easy procedure.

• Like 2

Meaning its bugged and can't lift with the CH? Or meaning, you can't fly properly to pick up a load? ^_^

If bugged or whatever reasons :P Try 'Advanced Sling Loading', here, https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=643080051

Nice small mod that works for all even if 1 person has on server, and fills gaps where more scripts would be needed in mission / give more 'towing and repel' options without editing mission.

Thanks I'll give it a try I'm just trying to figure out how to deploy an FOB on the main land, I managed to fly a respawn across(after losing 5 choppers lol) but I still don't know how to deploy FOB on the main land.

[REMOVED LINK, some Nod32 picked up a false positive but let's be sure.]

Edited by Applejakerie

Thanks I'll give it a try I'm just trying to figure out how to deploy an FOB on the main land, I managed to fly a respawn across(after losing 5 choppers lol) but I still don't know how to deploy FOB on the main land.

You can cheat too, under Param's pick 'Build first FOB auto at game start' option. Select that, and one should pop down randomly, hope for main land? :P If not, delete save, restart, try luck again ;)

• Like 1

Can't wait for a modless vanilla version of this mission for Tanoa to run on some DS :)

Can't wait for a modless vanilla version of this mission for Tanoa to run on some DS  :)

On a dedicated server? Mine did but use taw_vd script to overcome the object view limit. I can easily write you a 0.924 vanilla Tanoa tho? Just gotta remove some lines is all. Ohw, just take my CUP version 2 posts up. All you gotta do is remove any CUP_ lines and swap out the Chinook for the Huron. Send me a message if you'll need a guide/some help.

BTW is it possible for all vehicles and weapons in CUPS and ACE to be available in this mod.

ACE was a menace but to add CUP Vehicles you want to be looking at classnames.sqf in 'scripts\shared' and the classnames_extension.sqf in the root of the .pbo folder, in a text editor, (Notepad/Notepad++). Simply by loading the CUP Weapons mod on the server, the arsenal will update the entries as long as you haven't edited the arsenal.sqf yourself (an empty arsenal.sqf allows everything possible). If you don't know how to access the .pbo folder, you need to dl and install .pbo manager as well as have a short look on Google, or possibly somewhere here. Message me for help, I'm willing. :)

Zbug, could you clarify as to what the opfor_point markers do and what are battlegroups, reinforcements? So do the opfor_points serve as reinforcement points...?

I could be wrong of course but opfor_point is for ground reinforcements to spawn, they want to be in open areas on land between sectors. They disable as you capture past them I believe? So you won't get any enemy reinforcements from behind your front line of defence. I thought opfor_air would be the same, just air of course. These wanna be placed at the edges of the map, whichever directions you'd expect enemies from but careful not to put one too close to Chimera etc. or they'll focus their attention their. Battlegroups are the groups of enemies that can spawn at opfor_point. I gathered because I placed T72 in battlegroup and Varsuk in sector defence. The T72 only appears in groups of reinforcements.

Also running into problems with whitelisting the arsenal because it doesn't seem to affect it at all.

Really?:3 Mine worked okay previously: I added the classnames which I found in editor (things>military) to the arsenal.sqf and those are the only entries showing on the ingame virtual arsenal.

After doing some testing with Kunduz, I've come to the conclusion it's not a very good map for Liberation due to a variety of reasons. I have since started over and I'm now using Takistan. I've modified the script to allow for starting with an HQ instead of starting on a carrier.

Some more testing and tweaking to be done before the map's in an enjoyable state, but it's currently playable without any errors(thus far) and lets you choose whether you want to start with an FOB truck or an FOB box, it's also now optional to start with a transport helicopter(default is huron, but I've changed the script so stuff doesn't break if a huron is not present).

Zbug, with your permission once I consider this mission to be in an enjoyable state I can upload it to my Google Drive for other people to check out if so desired. Also, if you wanna look into the changes I made, simply throw me a PM and I'll upload it for you to check out.  :) I've also documented the stuff needed to migrate the mission to another map so it should be a very easy procedure.

I'd love to see this? I'm interested in the start option, truck or box. When you say you have it so you're starting with a HQ instead of the carrier, do you not just mean Chimera? By not loading the LHD you use Chimera automatically. Am only asking because I'm also interested in what I'd need to remove so that I can remove the Atlas LHD altogether and not break the rest of any files. Thank you.

Edited by Applejakerie

It's not a start option per-se. I'd make it such, but I absolutely and utterly despise the way ArmA does their interface. So for now, it's a matter of setting a variable to true or false in the gameplay_constants.sqf. There's not too many changes needed, but the scripts of importance here is startgame.sqf and huron_manager.sqf.

I also added some other fixes such as removing the wreck before it spawns, in case it was destroyed at its spawn position. If you're interested, you can PM me and I'll show you what I've changed. I don't quite wanna release it publicly yet as there's still a lot to fix.

Nah, I use neither LHD or Chimera(doesn't that require the option to start with an FOB pre-built?). Instead I place an object and use that as a "HQ Reference". In my current case, it's just the US flag. This is used to respawn players as well as the camera management.

There are things I still have to fix, for example, vehicles spawned via the editor will still use fuel and as such you may start out using 30 out of 0 fuel. Another issue is you can't build in the HQ at the moment, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'll also be adding a script so you can specify what vehicles should be respawned upon death for example you maybe have 2 hummvees and some quadbikes you want to respawn at base.

@zbug: Do you have any plans to implement a feature so we can specify certain loadouts for the enemies? Instead of replacing them with a pre-set class? This is utterly useful for mods such as RHS where you want US vs insurgents rather than Russia. I'm currently using MAS MiddleEast which works - but the look and sound of MAS equipment makes me cringe all over. :P

• Like 1