zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

This looks awesome, but I play with a fairly small group. Does this support dynamic enemies based on player count?

Yup! In fact, it's one of the startup parameters.

this is an awesome mission -  regulars came off of wasteland and life to play this. well done.

very well put together and after near on 26 hours running my rpt file is only 3mb.

Good news is it has kept the server running for so long I think there were a few sick calls to work. a few players are now over 500 kils on the server in just a weekend.

Only gripe is this message keeps repeating over and over in the rpt file. Minor as it shows nicely the HC is handling the workload. usually 45-48fps on server.

9:09:10 "Source: HCAOs - Time: 300.369 - FPS: 45.977 - Total units: 16 - Hostile units: 0 - Local units: 0 - Vehicles: 30 - Unitcap: 180"
9:09:11 Error in expression < [ "%1: %2 fps, %3 units, %4 vehicles", _sourcestr, ( round ( _myfps * 100.0 ) )>

9:09:11   Error position: <_sourcestr, ( round ( _myfps * 100.0 ) )>

9:09:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _sourcestr

Have a question. I have Liberation Altis on my server. Planning to add Liberation takistan, and Liberation Baranow (IFA3LITE) which im still editing. Does Liberation use only 1 save file? Im wondering if the Altis save file would be overwritten with whatever new liberation i run on the server.

Have a question. I have Liberation Altis on my server. Planning to add Liberation takistan, and Liberation Baranow (IFA3LITE) which im still editing. Does Liberation use only 1 save file? Im wondering if the Altis save file would be overwritten with whatever new liberation i run on the server.

Edit the first line in the gameplay_constants.sqf file.

Example: GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME";

GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_001";

GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_002";

Have tested it both as a preview in the editor and hosting it as a LAN game. Both with same results. Have a feeling this is all to do with ACE.

No I have not, Have been using ARMA3 Editor, was supplied with the unpacked PBO to start with.

Finally able to get back to this. The PBOManager approach didn't work either. In fact, I noticed errors in the logs when the HC was connecting about the lack of a location being provided when adding assets to this section. Just not happening. Although another player in my group said it was working sometimes this weekend. No idea how or why.

Edit the first line in the gameplay_constants.sqf file.

Example: GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME";

GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_001";

GRLIB_save_key = "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME_002";

Thanks!

Hi guys, Im trying to make myself an Iron Front version of this mission.

I met with a couple of problems right of the bat though,

I've replaced some units both for me and OPFOR but I can't seem to get them to spawn and I can't buy them from the FOB (still only vanilla units)

Could someone take a look at my classnames_extension.sqf (http://hastebin.com/abofupecuk.md). Still really new to all this.

Thank you

This is my heavily modified Iron front version. This is the classnames_extension.sqf, which has a ton of workhours on its own. A very refined version IMO:

http://pastebin.com/aVmqyY5z

And this is the complete mission, ready to play. Of course, the initial respawn point is changed (there are no helicopters in WWII to make the initial flight from the island!). Only thing still not done is the whitelist, so you could be able to pick up an MX rifle. I am not planning to do it, a lot of work for a mission our clan won't play anymore.

Version 2 (Stable and tested):

http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/WWnRZ2ZG/file.html

I even made a Version 3, with WWII music, removed markers (GPS position on a map 100 years ago?), and some more changes. I haven't tried it yet, but should work OK:

http://www114.zippyshare.com/v/PGhWDsg4/file.html

• Like 1

This is my heavily modified Iron front version. This is the classnames_extension.sqf, which has a ton of workhours on its own. A very refined version IMO:

http://pastebin.com/aVmqyY5z

And this is the complete mission, ready to play. Of course, the initial respawn point is changed (there are no helicopters in WWII to make the initial flight from the island!). Only thing still not done is the whitelist, so you could be able to pick up an MX rifle. I am not planning to do it, a lot of work for a mission our clan won't play anymore.

Version 2 (Stable and tested):

http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/WWnRZ2ZG/file.html

I even made a Version 3, with WWII music, removed markers (GPS position on a map 100 years ago?), and some more changes. I haven't tried it yet, but should work OK:

http://www114.zippyshare.com/v/PGhWDsg4/file.html

v2 Does it work with Tanoa

Whilst im on a roll bugging people, anyone had this problem before?

Capture.jpg

I'm getting this too, but the mission still works. How about yours?

v2 Does it work with Tanoa

I don't know, its the Altis estandard version.

I'm getting this too, but the mission still works. How about yours?

I get it. It is something to do with the line drawing system. It doesn't affect anything I can see. I actually haven't checked off the line drawing works. I might have disabled in the mission

Hi All!

My group have been playing the living daylights out of this mission. Love it!

I just wish there was some kind of progression system where you need to earn better weapons / vehicles. The chopper spam was a bit too easy for some people to do.

That said, what I'm really after is the ability to download some of the different versions people have made.

In particular, Takistan with CUP or RHS would be fantastic.

Like I said, I love this mission, but I would really like to try it on other islands.

Can someone help me? Have the following error:

Error in expression <

while { true } do {

group_owners = [[lhdofficer, "Server", owner lhdofficer, >
 8:51:28   Error position: <lhdofficer, "Server", owner lhdofficer, >
 8:51:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: lhdofficer
 8:51:28 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\scripts\server\offloading\offload_calculation.sqf, line 5

offload_calculation.sqf:

if ( isNil "group_owners" ) then { group_owners = []; };

while { true } do {

group_owners = [[lhdofficer, "Server", owner lhdofficer, 0, 0, 0]];

{ _owner_name = group_owners pushback [_x, name _x, owner _x, 0, 0, 0]; } foreach allPlayers;

{
		_currentgroup = _x;
		_group_owner = [];
		_idx_group_owner = -1;
		{
			if ( ( _x select 2 ) == groupOwner _currentgroup ) then {
				_group_owner = _x;
				_idx_group_owner = group_owners find _x;
			};

} foreach group_owners;

if ( count _group_owner > 0 ) then {
			if ( side _currentgroup == WEST ) then {
				group_owners set [_idx_group_owner, [_group_owner select 0, _group_owner select 1,_group_owner select 2, (_group_owner select 3) + (count units _currentgroup), (_group_owner select 4), (_group_owner select 5)]];
			};
			if ( side _currentgroup == EAST ) then {
				group_owners set [_idx_group_owner, [_group_owner select 0, _group_owner select 1,_group_owner select 2, (_group_owner select 3), (_group_owner select 4)  + (count units _currentgroup), (_group_owner select 5)]];
			};
			if ( side _currentgroup == CIVILIAN ) then {
				group_owners set [_idx_group_owner, [_group_owner select 0, _group_owner select 1,_group_owner select 2, (_group_owner select 3), (_group_owner select 4), (_group_owner select 5)  + (count units _currentgroup)]];
			};
		}

} foreach allGroups;

publicVariable "group_owners";

sleep 5;
};

This maybe isn't directly related to the mission....

Is there a way to spawn a soldier, and give them a custom loadout, similar to doing an arsenal export?

I've been working on a late 80s, early  90s Liberation and have been using Delta Hawk's US Military mod.(https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186728-us-military-mod/) however, his mod is missing snipers, and engineers. The last time I've modified a unit PBO was back in the OFP days. That was quite a bit less complicated to change loadouts or add new units. Also, Delta Hawk's EULA does state that you can't modify his PBO. 

So what I am wondering, is there a way make a unit that doesn't exist in any mods, but in the mission files, and is essentially just a loadout script.

So like ["b_w_90s_engineer", 3,0,0] that references the loadout script within the Liberation mission?

v0.924 is out

• Added search and rescue secondary mission,
  • Added a civilian killing penalty which can be disabled in the mission parameters (thanks to Wyqer for this one),
  • Added a new parameter to limit the amount of AI each squad leader can recruit,
  • Fixed the error message when opening the deployment screen for the first time,
  • Fixed the fullscreen deployment map being offset,
  • Fixed the bug where militias wouldn't be given a gear to fight with,
  • Added the value of friendly and hostile sides in gameplay constants, that should make playable opfor edits much easier to do.

Savegame format didn't change so you can revert to v0.923 if anything goes sideways (see the original post for previous releases).

• Like 9

Woot! Awesome job zbug, thanks for the new rev! 

Gonna be fun tonight trying those CSAR :) Civi penalty will be a nice surprise for those in the group who love the 'unarmed combatants' shooting lol

Big cheers mate!

I don't know if this is a bug, but i've activated the secondary Search & Rescue mission twice, but it doesn't start.

Any ideas?

Also i've changed this line in the gameplay_constants.sqf

GRLIB_secondary_missions_costs = [ 10, 10, 10 ];

to;

GRLIB_secondary_missions_costs = [ 10, 4, 8 ];

Where do i need to edit to make the Secondary Briefing screen costs reflect the changes above, as they still show as 10 intel points for each one, even though they take the correct intel points when activating them?

Thanks a lot.

Rizla

I've also run into a bug where the deploy screen won't go away, it spawns me when I click deploy - then the deploy screen opens right back up. I was working on porting it over to the Kunduz map and converting it to use RHS instead of vanilla ArmA 3 stuff - and it's all been going well, even made it so that LHD isn't a dependency.

Really all I can think of is the save system, last I recall I aborted after I died during a quick playtest. Dunno if that's what bugged it.

I haven't touched any of the respawn scripts, and I can see it actually spawning me for a split second - so that's working. But I wiped the mission via parameters and it's still happening.

Any ideas?

Edit:

It seems I had accidentally moved the west_respawn marker too close to my replacement for the lhd object, I assume that's what was causing it. I moved it back to the 'debug spawn' and now it works again. :)

Hey I'm running into a problem with making RHS vehicles be the "elite vehicles". It adds them to the map, but they only append the list, the vanilla ones are still there along with a few blank ones too. Any ideas?

Hey I'm running into a problem with making RHS vehicles be the "elite vehicles". It adds them to the map, but they only append the list, the vanilla ones are still there along with a few blank ones too. Any ideas?

I believe what you're looking for is under scripts/shared/classnames.sqf and try changing this line;

if ( isNil "elite_vehicles_extension" ) then { elite_vehicles_extension = [] }; elite_vehicles = [] + elite_vehicles_extension + ["B_UGV_01_rcws_F","B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","B_MBT_01_arty_F","B_MBT_01_mlrs_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Plane_CAS_01_F","B_UAV_02_F","B_UAV_02_CAS_F"];

to this;

if ( isNil "elite_vehicles_extension" ) then { elite_vehicles_extension = [] }; elite_vehicles = [] + elite_vehicles_extension + [];

I haven't actually tested it, so I might be wrong. :)

I believe what you're looking for is under scripts/shared/classnames.sqf and try changing this line;

if ( isNil "elite_vehicles_extension" ) then { elite_vehicles_extension = [] }; elite_vehicles = [] + elite_vehicles_extension + ["B_UGV_01_rcws_F","B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","B_MBT_01_arty_F","B_MBT_01_mlrs_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Plane_CAS_01_F","B_UAV_02_F","B_UAV_02_CAS_F"];

to this;

if ( isNil "elite_vehicles_extension" ) then { elite_vehicles_extension = [] }; elite_vehicles = [] + elite_vehicles_extension + [];

I haven't actually tested it, so I might be wrong. :)

Thanks! I'll try that.

Another question, with the new update I tried switching to RHS Russians and I have 2 problems. The people at Base Chimera shoot me and when I spawn in I'm still dressed in a NATO uniform.

This makes no sense any longer since the spam above has been deleted.

This escalated quickly...

Thanks! I'll try that.

Another question, with the new update I tried switching to RHS Russians and I have 2 problems. The people at Base Chimera shoot me and when I spawn in I'm still dressed in a NATO uniform.

Did you try changing this in gameplay_constants.sqf?

GRLIB_side_friendly = WEST;
GRLIB_side_enemy = EAST;

Might be necessary to edit elsewhere as well, I'll let you know if I see anything. :)

Edit:

@zbug: I'm sure you're well aware, but there are some variables that are not assigned - resulting in lots of stuff breaking when trying to avoid using LHD. Thus far, I've found that these are unassigned;

huronspawn(huron_manager.sqf) edit: I just noticed huronspawn is supposed to be a helimarker, derp.  :D 

base_boxspawn(startgame.sqf) edit: also, this is a grass cutter. Wouldn't it be better to have these as configurable in the script?

I went ahead and added those to gameplay_constants.sqf;

GRLIB_CustomHelicopter_Spawn = [[5019.852, 1399.524, 0], 262]; // Dealman's Note: Used for replacing Huron, Z not necessary due to using ATL(At Terrain Level), last element is the direction.
GRLIB_FOBBox_Spawn = [[4997.832, 1403.077, 0], 260]; // Dealman's Note: Same as above.

I've got some fixes to do with the FOB box to make sure it spawns and repackages properly, last I tried it just disappears when repackaging it and did not respawn. But that should be an easy fix.

Did you try changing this in gameplay_constants.sqf?

GRLIB_side_friendly = WEST;
GRLIB_side_enemy = EAST;

Might be necessary to edit elsewhere as well, I'll let you know if I see anything. :)

I already changed that part, that was easy. That just makes the Russians you spawn not shoot you. Now I need to edit the people that spawn on Base Chimera.