zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hello

Ok i am pretty sure it's not the Mission but it only happens in this Mission so maybe someone is able to help me.

here's the problem, everytime we try to take a big city the fps starting drop down to 40 thats ok

after 20min. down to 30 fps, 60 min down to 20 and after 2 hours or so  10fps

server fps say's 45fps

headless client say's 45fps

me and my friends have to  restart oure game because the fps are not gonig up again (even after restarting the server)

Mods we use:

@cba_a3;

@ace3;

@asdg_jr;

@bwa3;

@rhs_afrf3;

@rhsusaf;

@rhs_gref;

@sma; (special military arms)

@em; (enhanced movement)

@task_force_radio;

Clientside mods:

Bluehud

Statushud

Dragonfire Eden (soundmod)

btw oure hardware specs are not the problem we all have badass pc's.

we love this mission and having so much fun with it  

i hope someone is able to help

We have the exact same problem. The first time it happened, I wasn't monitoring server FPS and we didn't have a HC. Our frames started out great and but after about 30 minutes all of us dropped into the teens when we're usually in the 50-60 range. If we (one at a time so as not to throw off the game) shutdown our clients and restart them, FPS is fine again. At the time we were not running any mods at all. Pure vanilla.

This weekend we took another large city and same thing happened. Only this time I was monitoring server FPS and introduced a HC, which I was also monitoring. We've also introduced three mods into the mix: atlas, RHSAFRF and RHSUSAF. Same exact thing happened. We dropped into the teens but the server and HC were 45+ each. Once we restarted our clients, though, problem went away. Our server is using 8 cores of a 32 core system (nothing else running on it except this Linux VM) In our case, though, the HC is running on the same VM as the server. Since Arma is a single-threaded app, no need to run the HC on another VM when we have so many cores available and the FPS of both the server and HC prove that the server hardware is not at fault. 

But the problem definitely seems to be client-side. What it is exactly, I do not know. But try restarting your client when it happens. You'll miss a minute or two of the action but well worth it.

That would explain it then. This also seems to only be a problem since 1.60, and with ASR. ASR has a few config issues atm that haven't been fully fixed. I guess this would be another one to tact on. Makes sense, as I always run ASR myself, and always have to disable stamina via debug menu now since 1.60.

TBH, Could be a few factors. Are you playing on local hosted or dedicated server? Good hardware? 

Regardless, I have noticed Lib either spawns too much or something when big city. The FPS just literally tanks to 20s or upper teens. I go look on Zues, and really, not that many AI groups were spawned in. They didn't have that many waypoints assigned to them, so I am really not sure where the intense FPS hit comes from. Compared to having those same amount of units spawned in a blank mission, the performance is a huge difference (though of course, lib has more scripts going of course too). 

It's come to the point where if we do a big city, we just take it and restart the mission real quick. The cleanup script doesn't seem to help. Even when force cleaning via my own edits and mutiple ways of doing it, the FPS still stays a tanked level until everyone leaves and comes back. 

Not sure where the problem lies within. 

I also suspect there is too much spawning occurring. I was tailing the logs of both the server and HC on another monitor and when we got into the town proper, the logs were recording so many spawn events it just scrolled and scrolled. Most of them seemed to be soldiers but quite a few vehicles as well. 

Can someone make a version for the previewbranche using the new assets?

It`s not so hard actually, also u can find detalited instructions ( few pages pack) how to change soliders, vehicle etc...

I`d do it, but havn`t dlc  :P

Post about port to Tanoa, so u need to change infantry / build menu only.

• Like 1

We have the exact same problem. The first time it happened, I wasn't monitoring server FPS and we didn't have a HC. Our frames started out great and but after about 30 minutes all of us dropped into the teens when we're usually in the 50-60 range. If we (one at a time so as not to throw off the game) shutdown our clients and restart them, FPS is fine again. At the time we were not running any mods at all. Pure vanilla.

This weekend we took another large city and same thing happened. Only this time I was monitoring server FPS and introduced a HC, which I was also monitoring. We've also introduced three mods into the mix: atlas, RHSAFRF and RHSUSAF. Same exact thing happened. We dropped into the teens but the server and HC were 45+ each. Once we restarted our clients, though, problem went away. Our server is using 8 cores of a 32 core system (nothing else running on it except this Linux VM) In our case, though, the HC is running on the same VM as the server. Since Arma is a single-threaded app, no need to run the HC on another VM when we have so many cores available and the FPS of both the server and HC prove that the server hardware is not at fault. 

But the problem definitely seems to be client-side. What it is exactly, I do not know. But try restarting your client when it happens. You'll miss a minute or two of the action but well worth it.

yes

but it's  kinda annoying, i want to know what is getting spammed so bad

yes

but it's  kinda annoying, i want to know what is getting spammed so bad

zbug has been playing Overwatch lately and has lost interest in updating Liberation. We're likely on our own to figure it out. At least until he completes Overwatch. ;-)

Anyone know the fix for the map markers disappearing? They showed up once but never again. I've verified the game files and restarted the server many times but no joy.

Are you using the Dev Build? If so I have already seen that and had to go back, they then started working again.

hallo

Will this mission developed for Tanoa DLC?

This mission is one of the best Public MP missions and it would be unfortunate if it will not be built !

Sorry for my bad English ;-)

hallo

Will this mission developed for Tanoa DLC?

This mission is one of the best Public MP missions and it would be unfortunate if it will not be built !

Sorry for my bad English ;-)

Just check 2 last pages... there can find what you are looking for.

Can anyone tell me if UAVs are bugged in the latest version? I can connect to them in the terminal but cant tell them to move (unless i physically pilot it), the autonomous toggle doesnt seem to do anything.

Hello. For a long time now making rhs edition( RF & US) with some edits to adding some features & moar realism ( disabled markers on map, mobile spawn - now only heli version, changed revive system etc..)

Found that there is fob templates for tasks - search & destroy ( at path \scripts\fob_templates)

Can any1 explain, how i can use it ? For example, i want to add another templates. 

upd: Also need help with disable with scoreboard point saves, if it`s possible i`d disable it.

Thanks.

Looking forward for help.

Wanna port Lib on new map, a bit tired of altis. Any ideas,offers ? I think about Takistan (RHS ver. - US with talibs & RF). Prefer CUP, it is more common.

Sounds good to me, Kunduz is common aswell but i´m not sure if the size is enough.

Do we have an overview which maps are already done?

I just now the original and the well made Tanoa version in the steam workshop.

Maybe Diyala? It's very nice. Also not very large but at least larger than kunduz. I think it's around 9x9 km

Yeah from the pics Diyala looks nice. Also has a reasonable amount of subscribers on the WS if you care for that.

Another nice option might be Bozcaada

It is a turkish Island with a size of 20x20 km and looking very good from the screenshots. 

Also it has plenty subscribers on steam.

But I haven't tried this one myself (yet ;) ).

Hi all

I run a dedicated server for a small group and we have recently started using the Be3_Lib_Tanoa_v1.Tanoa version of this mission but I have encountered a problem with the mission parameters settings. I have tried the server.cfg file and added the parameters we want in there but it just never sets the parameters and TADST keeps over writing the server.cfg back to default. I have tried using the default settings in the mission_params.hpp file which works for some of the setting but the two we most need set pretty low don't work.

As we only have small groups on at a time we like difficulty and  CSAT aggresivity set low but this is not working, If i set the following...

class Difficulty {
		title = $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY;
		values[] = { 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 2, 4, 10 };
		texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY1, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY2, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY3, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY4, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY5, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY6, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY7, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY8 };
		default = 0.5;
	};
	class Aggressivity{
		title = $STR_AGGRESSIVITY_PARAM;
		values[] = {0.25,0.5,1,2,4};
		texts[] = {$STR_AGGRESSIVITY_PARAM0, $STR_AGGRESSIVITY_PARAM1,$STR_AGGRESSIVITY_PARAM2,$STR_AGGRESSIVITY_PARAM3,$STR_AGGRESSIVITY_PARAM4};
		default = 0.25;
	};

When checking the parameters in the role assignment lobby those two don't have any default value set. Some of the defaults i set work like the day length which we have at 24 hours but it seems like any value below 0 is not working. Am i missing something do i need to put double or single quotes around values below zero. We need this because i have an auto restart set-up for the server a couple of time a day as I'm not always around when it needs restarting and if it auto restarts the mission parameters get messed up.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. thanks

Ian

Write that in your Server.cfg:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
class Missions
{
   class Liberation
   {
       template="liberation_0_923.Tanoa";
       difficulty="Custom"; // difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran & mercenary
       class Params
	{

Unitcap=0.5;						// Einheitenbegrenzung {0.5=50%,0.75=75%,1=100%,1.25=120%,1.5=150%,2=200%}
					Difficulty=1;				// Schwierigkeit  { 0.5=Tourist, 0.75=Einfach, 1=Normal, 1.25=Moderat, 1.5=Schwer, 2=Sehr Schwer, 4=Extrem, 10=GOTT }
					Aggressivity=1;					// Agrisivitet  {0.25,0.5,1,2,4}
					AdaptToPlayercount=1;			// Feindpräsenz passt sich der Spielerzahl an {1=JA,0=Nein}
					DayDuration=6;					// Länge eines Tages { 48, 24, 16, 12, 9.6, 8, 6.8, 6, 4.8, 4, 3, 2.4, 2, 1.6, 1, 0.66, 0.5, 0.375, 0.25, 0.1875, 0.125, 0.11 };
					ShorterNights=1;				// Schnele nacht {1=JA,0=Nein}
					Weather=2;						// Wetter  { 1= Nur Sonne,2=Randem ohne regen,3=Randam }
					ResourcesMultiplier=0.75;		// Ressourcenmultiplikator { 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 50 }
					Fatigue=0;						// Reduziert - 4-mal mehr Ausdauer  {1=JA,0=Nein}
					Revive=1;						// FAR Revive (Wiederbelebungen) { 3=Jeder mit einem Verbandskasten, 2=Jeder  mit einem Erste-Hilfe-Kasten, 1=Nur Sanitäter, 0=Kein Widerbeleben } /
					Civilians=0.5;					// Civilisten {0,0.5,1,2}
					TeamkillPenalty=1;				// Strafe für das Töten von Verbündeten {1=JA,0=Nein}
					PassiveIncome=1;				// Ersetzt Munitionskisten durch passives Einkommen {1=JA,0=Nein}
					AmmoBounties=0;					// Munition Bounties  {1=JA,0=Nein}
					HaloJump=10;					// HALO-Sprung {1=JA immer,5=min,10=min,15=min,20=min,30=min,0=AUS}
					BluforDefenders=0;				// Auto Blufor verteiligen {1=JA,0=Nein}
					Autodanger=0;					// Auto-danger behaviour on BLUFOR forces  {1=JA,0=Nein}
					MaximumFobs=2;					// Maximale FOB`s {3,5,7,10,15,20,26}
					Permissions=1;					// Rechteverwaltung {1=JA,0=Nein}
					CleanupVehicles=2;				// Räumt verlassene Fahrzeuge auserhalb von FOBs weg  { 0=Aus,1=1h,2=2h,4=4h }
					Introduction=0;					// Einführung  {1=JA,0=Nein}
					DeploymentCinematic=0;			// Zwischensequenz bei Einsatz  {1=JA,0=Nein}
					FirstFob=0;						// Starte die Kampagne mit einer bereits gebauten FOB {1=JA,0=Nein}
					Whitelist=1;					// Nutze die Whitelist für den Kommandanten   {1=JA,0=Nein}
					WipeSave1=0;					// Spielstand loeschen  {1=JA,0=Nein}
					WipeSave2=0;					// Bestätige: Spielstand loeschen {1=JA,0=Nein}
					DisableRemoteSensors=0;			// Disable Remote Sensors (experimental!)
			};
	  };
};
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Found Diyala pretty cool, although it`s quite rare map, i think.

Hey guys. I apologise if this has been asked before. So im using an ACE/RHS variant of this mission. Now im building a repair container, but when i park a damaged vehicle beside it RHS or Vanilla it doesn't repair at all. I cant seem to get it working at all. Any hints?