zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

I was trying to find where I can change what helicopters spawn at FOB Chimera.  I wanted to change the Hummingbirds, specifically.  I found there classname mentioned in one of the files, but changing it did nothing (that I observed).

Easy way would be de-PBO the mission, open in ArmA, replace the selected helis with what you want. Save & Export. Not sure if they on a respawn or not. But can add a respawn module quickly if you need them respawned. 

Or mission.sqf if you have it un-binairized 

Hi need some help here. I have converted this mission too ww2 scenario,
But have some trouble with the fob box. Since there were no heli during ww2. I need some other way of fixing this. Tried to change the fob box to spawn as a vehicle, andre it works But cant deploy the fob. Any help regarding this would be cool:-)

I figured it out somhow. But I need to use the heli for the first FOB.

But have runned in to a nother problem, seems I cant access Zeus longer. And are getting this error code: [bIS_FNC_moduleCuratorSetAttributes] No curator synchronized to L Alpha 2 2:1

Some one know what that means?

EDIT: Was error was caused by MODS...
When am In Arma 3 selecting what map/mission I want to play i get this error when selecting Liberation. You cannot edit/play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN, a3_soft_F_Truck.

Zbug would you be so kind and can update the mod to 1.60 ? thx

Zbug would you be so kind and can update the mod to 1.60 ? thx

What needs updating due to 1.60?

I've run into zero errors.

• Like 1

I ported Liberation to Chernarus using this guide: http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

I used the GREF units from the new RHS. It's Chernarus vs Russian Federation. Every thing works as intended except a couple issues.

1. All purchased vehicles and static weapons are not recyclable, do not show up on the map and disappear on server reset (when inside a FOB zone).

I'm using the classnames_extention.sqf http://pastebin.com/9z3JREZp

It's ALL vehicles, both vanilla and RHS. There are no vehicles in the list used by OPFOR as suggested by Kilrbe3 in a previous post.

2. (Minor issue) I'm using a whitelist for the virtual arsenal. arsenal.sqf http://pastebin.com/HWmD5M7y

It works as intended except nothing in the /Facewear category is showing up in the arsenal. Very weird.

Here's a link to the pbo: -----------------------------------

It uses just the 3 RHS mods (AFRF, USAF & GREF) and CUP Terrains. I hope someone can give me a nudge in the right direction.

*EDIT*

Recycle issue/Restart issue resolved.

Working mission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-h9YK1k19TUDNlMk5EWnpJQXM

I ported Liberation to Chernarus using this guide: http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

I used the GREF units from the new RHS. It's Chernarus vs Russian Federation. Every thing works as intended except a couple issues.

1. All purchased vehicles and static weapons are not recyclable, do not show up on the map and disappear on server reset (when inside a FOB zone).

I'm using the classnames_extention.sqf http://pastebin.com/9z3JREZp

It's ALL vehicles, both vanilla and RHS. There are no vehicles in the list used by OPFOR as suggested by Kilrbe3 in a previous post.

2. (Minor issue) I'm using a whitelist for the virtual arsenal. arsenal.sqf http://pastebin.com/HWmD5M7y

It works as intended except nothing in the /Facewear category is showing up in the arsenal. Very weird.

Here's a link to the pbo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-h9YK1k19TeVBFZ2lsQ3BGRnM/view?usp=sharing

It uses just the 3 RHS mods (AFRF, USAF & GREF) and CUP Terrains. I hope someone can give me a nudge in the right direction.

I think problem 1 is related to changing from blufor to an indfor faction.  That guide you've followed is for moving liberation to a new map and doesn't cover how to change the default faction.  I'm not sure how to do that.  I'd suggest doing a version where you change the map but not the faction and test that, and when that's working fine then try changing factions.  You can copy/paste all your placed markers to a new mission with a different name for testing.

Problem 2: I have no idea why that's not working.  Sorry bud.

Problem 3: You should go to gameplayconstants.sqf and change the save key to something new.  Right now your mission is using the same key as the default version.  So if someone has a savegame from default Liberation it will try to load that, and if they start a new game with your mission it will save over their Altis progress.

Problem 4: Some scripts are throwing up errors because objects are missing.  There's an officer in the default version placed to be on the LHD, he has a special name as some scripts refer to him.  It doesn't matter if you're using the LHD mod or not, the scripts still look for him.  It makes debugging more difficult as it throws up a lot of errors.

• Like 1

Re-uploaded mission with Save Game variable changed to:  grlib_save_key = "greuh_liberation_savegame_5";

I'm going to try a blufor version. I don't think this is the problem, but let's eliminate the variable. Thanks for your help.

I really really want to say I have that magic answer dark, but...sadly, I don't :( :( To the extent too I abandoned that mission completely (the one I released in a post earlier here). For those who downloaded and play it, no errors have been reported back expect one. But for me and my group, the mission went almost exactly the way you described towards the end of the campaign... Units would not show up on map anymore, bought units would sometimes deny us entry, couldn't recycle half the units but could some. In the long run after many hrs troubleshooting and figuring out why. Was it more personal edits I made after? Was it more units for variety I added? Was it a Green on Green issue? Was it unit A being on faction A and same unitclassname of A being on faction B? At end I gave up. Literally towards end more and more we couldn't use or recycle or units not appear/save. I think it just has something deeper to do with inside of Lib scripts that I just don't have the urge to hunt for. Something doesn't play nice with IND vs OPFOR/BLUFOR. I thought and figured it was as I described in earlier post, but then after that, even more issues came. Again, at least for us, and sounds like it leeched over to you. 

My best advice for a short term fix, pick a new mod. Maybe something with RHS and how its Groups/cfgFactions are defined. Try another Unit mod that is IND and see. Or very short fix, use BLU units from RHS/A3. Or use unit mod that is BLU units (not declared IND) should solve 99% issues.

How are Independents Allegiance options set in the editor? So It's IND only vs EAST?

Victory!

Changed to BLUFOR. This fixed the static weapons, vehicles still not working correctly. Moved all the vehicles from classnames_extension.sqf to classnames.sqf file. This fixed it.

Some kind of issue between the recycle system and the part of the classnames_extension.sqf dealing with vehicles?

Finished working mission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-h9YK1k19TUDNlMk5EWnpJQXM

Again it's RHS (All 3 pbos) and CUP Terrains.

• Like 1

Hi guys, can you guys give a example on how can I change the CSAT Faction to LeighOpfor ISTS?

so is this the correct line?

// All OPFOR infantry. Defining a value here will replace the default value from the original mission.
opfor_sentry = nil;
opfor_rifleman = nil;
opfor_grenadier = nil;
opfor_squad_leader = nil;
opfor_team_leader = nil;
opfor_marksman = nil;
opfor_machinegunner = nil;
opfor_heavygunner = nil;
opfor_medic = nil;
opfor_rpg = nil;
opfor_at = nil;
opfor_aa = nil;
opfor_officer = nil;
opfor_sharpshooter = nil;
opfor_sniper = nil;
opfor_engineer = nil;
opfor_paratrooper = nil;

Victory!

Changed to BLUFOR. This fixed the static weapons, vehicles still not working correctly. Moved all the vehicles from classnames_extension.sqf to classnames.sqf file. This fixed it.

Some kind of issue between the recycle system and the part of the classnames_extension.sqf dealing with vehicles?

Finished working mission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-h9YK1k19TUDNlMk5EWnpJQXM

Again it's RHS (All 3 pbos) and CUP Terrains.

Glad it's fixed! Though still wondering if it was a BLU issue or IND issue, even with allegiance changed. Think the problem still goes deeper with IND units and Lib. Glad it was easily fixed though picking BLU units. I figured that would be the 99% fixer. 

Did you happen to see if IND + using classnames.sqf fixed it? OR if BLU + using classnames.sqf was the fixer. My guess is its a faction thing. 

Was this ever ported over to Kunduz or Stratis?

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

Can easily do it yourself :) Though do a search in this thread, some people have posted some of their ports here. Kinda got lost in post pages, but, searchable maybe.  If not, can take a crack at it yourself and learn something new :)

Hi guys, can you guys give a example on how can I change the CSAT Faction to LeighOpfor ISTS?

// All OPFOR infantry. Defining a value here will replace the default value from the original mission.
opfor_sentry = nil;
opfor_rifleman = nil;
opfor_grenadier = nil;
opfor_team_leader = nil;
opfor_marksman = nil;
opfor_heavygunner = nil;
opfor_medic = nil;
opfor_rpg = nil;
opfor_at = nil;
opfor_aa = nil;
opfor_officer = nil;
opfor_sniper = nil;
opfor_engineer = nil;
opfor_paratrooper = nil;

This i'd like to see done and shared!!!

This i'd like to see done and shared!!!

What done? A tutorial? It's been listed here many times , and well, kinda common sense when you stare at it mate. I get that ArmA is lately influx a lot of new players, but you also need to apply a little bit of 'common sense' and put forth some effort to learn. Learning ArmA is literally 50% of the game if not more. I know this is a popular mission as of late, but much asked / wanted has already been discussed or explained within this thread. Which can be acquired via Search at top of screen within this thread. 

This doesn't just call you or point you out, but as a general statement.. Learning the language of ArmA makes ArmA, and a true experience IMHO. You learn the way the games made basically, unlike any other game. 

To answer, with what I hope is what you asked after making that small little rant (in kind regards though)..

Is you want to change the OPFOR to LOP_ISTS units.

*how to change factions / add units*

This is done simply as this;

1) de-PBO the mission file http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369, Copy mission output folder to \Documents\Arma 3\missions folder 

2) Open editor, open mission, alt tab

3) Open classnames_extensions.sqf found in the missions folder, here everything is explained and laid out. Follow the correct syntax and format when editing.

4) Get the unit classname you want to replace unit with. This is found by open Editor > Go to faction > find unit you want, place down, hover over unit an read it's classname 'ex: LOP_ISTS_Rifleman

5) From here its copy and entering the new fields correctly into their corresponding slots

Example:

opfor_sentry = nil;
opfor_rifleman = nil;
opfor_grenadier = nil;
opfor_team_leader = nil;
opfor_marksman = nil;
opfor_heavygunner = nil;
opfor_medic = nil;
opfor_rpg = nil;
opfor_at = nil;
opfor_aa = nil;
opfor_officer = nil;
opfor_sniper = nil;
opfor_engineer = nil;
opfor_paratrooper = nil;

Turns into

opfor_sentry = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AT";
opfor_rifleman = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Rifleman";
opfor_grenadier = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_GL";
opfor_squad_leader = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_SL";
opfor_team_leader = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_SL";
opfor_marksman = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Marksman";
opfor_machinegunner = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AR";
opfor_heavygunner = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AR";
opfor_medic = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Corpsman";
opfor_rpg = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AT";
opfor_at = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AT";
opfor_aa = "LOP_PMC_Infantry_AA";
opfor_officer = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_SL";
opfor_sharpshooter = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Rifleman_3";
opfor_sniper = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Marksman";
opfor_engineer = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Engineer";
opfor_paratrooper = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Rifleman_2";

6) When all done editing and adding in your own units of chose, save the file. Back to Editor, Save mission, and Export to MP. Go play.

If you wish to port the mission & your own edits to a favorite map, see here, http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

Remember to thank and love ZBug and his comrades for this wonderful mission, that he made easily edit on the fly with the most little of ArmA language to be had ;)

• Like 1

Yes, but that's only for infantry units. If you want an example just download one of those Liberation RHS versions (there are links on some page back) and open designated .sqf file and see it for yourself.

Glad it's fixed! Though still wondering if it was a BLU issue or IND issue, even with allegiance changed. Think the problem still goes deeper with IND units and Lib. Glad it was easily fixed though picking BLU units. I figured that would be the 99% fixer. 

Did you happen to see if IND + using classnames.sqf fixed it? OR if BLU + using classnames.sqf was the fixer. My guess is its a faction thing. 

Depending on the how Independents Allegiance options are set in the editor, and if the players are IND forces only then there could be potential issues since in the scripts side types are defined for WEST and EAST. 

• Like 1

That's one way to do it I suppose. But here's another where only loadout list is disabled and respawn loadout is kept.

Simpy overwrite content from the files below with content provided in the links.

greuh_liberation.Altis\scripts\client\actions\open_arsenal.sqfhttp://pastebin.com/raw/yjD6m85r

greuh_liberation.Altis\scripts\client\spawn\redeploy_manager.sqfhttp://pastebin.com/raw/YzbHguFd

Any ideas how to done that at 1.60 ? Because it`s broken now...

Using my ver from this post

Faced with same problem. No way to check how i`m done, but can try to remember, also, with that u losing feature to set loadout during respawn

1. Go to scripts\client\actions\open_arsenal , and delete all except line 100  ( so left only 1 line ):

[ "Open", false ] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

2. Go to \ui\liberation_deploy.hpp

Edit line 6:

controls[] = {"OuterBG", "RecycleBG","OuterBG_F", "InnerBG", "InnerBG_F", "Header","DeployList","DeployButton","DeployMap", "LabelDeploy", "MapButton"};
  • delete class LoadoutsCombo, LabelLoadout
  • Edit line 56 y = 0.16 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
  • Edit line 64 y = 0.19 * safezoneH + safezoneY;

Maybe I forgot something, step 2 is just cutting everything from menu connected with arsenal.

But i can`t choose deploy preset arsenal , i really want it :C

What done? A tutorial? It's been listed here many times , and well, kinda common sense when you stare at it mate. I get that ArmA is lately influx a lot of new players, but you also need to apply a little bit of 'common sense' and put forth some effort to learn. Learning ArmA is literally 50% of the game if not more. I know this is a popular mission as of late, but much asked / wanted has already been discussed or explained within this thread. Which can be acquired via Search at top of screen within this thread. 

This doesn't just call you or point you out, but as a general statement.. Learning the language of ArmA makes ArmA, and a true experience IMHO. You learn the way the games made basically, unlike any other game. 

To answer, with what I hope is what you asked after making that small little rant (in kind regards though)..

Is you want to change the OPFOR to LOP_ISTS units.

*how to change factions / add units*

This is done simply as this;

1) de-PBO the mission file http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369, Copy mission output folder to \Documents\Arma 3\missions folder 

2) Open editor, open mission, alt tab

3) Open classnames_extensions.sqf found in the missions folder, here everything is explained and laid out. Follow the correct syntax and format when editing.

4) Get the unit classname you want to replace unit with. This is found by open Editor > Go to faction > find unit you want, place down, hover over unit an read it's classname 'ex: LOP_ISTS_Rifleman

5) From here its copy and entering the new fields correctly into their corresponding slots

Example:

opfor_sentry = nil;
opfor_rifleman = nil;
opfor_grenadier = nil;
opfor_team_leader = nil;
opfor_marksman = nil;
opfor_heavygunner = nil;
opfor_medic = nil;
opfor_rpg = nil;
opfor_at = nil;
opfor_aa = nil;
opfor_officer = nil;
opfor_sniper = nil;
opfor_engineer = nil;
opfor_paratrooper = nil;

Turns into

opfor_sentry = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AT";
opfor_rifleman = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Rifleman";
opfor_grenadier = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_GL";
opfor_squad_leader = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_SL";
opfor_team_leader = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_SL";
opfor_marksman = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Marksman";
opfor_machinegunner = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AR";
opfor_heavygunner = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AR";
opfor_medic = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Corpsman";
opfor_rpg = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AT";
opfor_at = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_AT";
opfor_aa = "LOP_PMC_Infantry_AA";
opfor_officer = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_SL";
opfor_sharpshooter = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Rifleman_3";
opfor_sniper = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Marksman";
opfor_engineer = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Engineer";
opfor_paratrooper = "LOP_ISTS_Infantry_Rifleman_2";

6) When all done editing and adding in your own units of chose, save the file. Back to Editor, Save mission, and Export to MP. Go play.

If you wish to port the mission & your own edits to a favorite map, see here, http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

Remember to thank and love ZBug and his comrades for this wonderful mission, that he made easily edit on the fly with the most little of ArmA language to be had ;)

Ok have taken your advice and attempted to import my own units changing blu_for into rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd and opfor into lop_ists. But now how do i import ists vehicles to match the opfor lop_ists forces???

Hello, I recently started running a dedicated server with this mission but I made some changes and want to reset the save. How would I go about doing this? Would it be possible to do this without the mission params?

Ok have taken your advice and attempted to import my own units changing blu_for into rhsusf_usmc_marpat_wd and opfor into lop_ists. But now how do i import ists vehicles to match the opfor lop_ists forces???

Literally the exact same way you added your own units.....

Scroll down and read the classname_extensions.sqf file, read the //What This text says, and usually there is a little text describing what the following units are. Get the classnames of the enemy ists units you want, add to respective field in the .sqf....same as you did usmc... I question how this was a question when it was right in front of your eyes... Do some people really not read things or use common sense?

Hello, I recently started running a dedicated server with this mission but I made some changes and want to reset the save. How would I go about doing this? Would it be possible to do this without the mission params?

See here; http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Server_Admin

Would it be possible to do this without the mission params?

de-PBO mission and change init.sqf

enableSaving [ false, false ];
Change to
enableSaving [ true, true ];

See more here; https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableSaving

• Like 1

First, just want to say that I LOVE Liberation and it has brought renewed interest to Arma 3 for my group. But, we're having a strange issue. Running in vanilla mode (no add-ons), everything works great. But we loaded RHS (AFRF and USAF) and we have two major problems. One, the Huron will not repair when the mods are loaded. We land next to the Huron repair container and nothing happens. Rearming and refueling work fine. We unload the RHS mods and Huron repair works as it should. Any ideas here?

Second, we earned enough ammo points to purchase the AH64 but when anyone gets into the gunner seat, the entire game crashes. We've confirmed the latest RHS versions are present on both clients and servers. Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevant Specs:

Clients -

Arma 3 1.60

RHS USAF 0.4.1 mod

RHS AFRF 0.4.1 mod

Atlas LHD Plus mod

Various hardware specs

Server - 

Linux (CentOS 7, managed with LSM)

Arma 3 Dedicated Linux Server 1.6

RHS USAF 0.4.1 mod

RHS AFRF 0.4.1 mod

Atlas LHD Plus mod

8 core CPU, 8GB RAM

Is it intended that i can´t revive my squad AI? Thought there is a revive system?

So it´s not like in Antistasi where i can revive them and they can do the same to me?

I play mostly solo. If i can not revive the AI and can not recrute them at an mobile spawnpoint it makes the mobile spawn worthless, cause i have to return to the fob anyway. And then i have to drive them back to the combat area cause somhow they do not halo jump with me.

Sorry if the question is dumb just thought it can´t be intended...cause it makes to mission even harder for SP/small Grp. Just hoping i miss something.