zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hey I think I have a bug to report. After the Arma 3 update, FOB's can't be built, and existing FOB's have been deleted from the game. 

Is this happening to anyone else?

The update from the other day seemed to wipe any progres you have made & saved, trust me, me & a cpl of my friends weren't too happy about it either. First time that seems that a patch completely wiped everything you've accomplished.

Hi,

Has anybody got the Little Immersion Tweaks working with Liberation? When i try to get it going i get the follow error and a black screen when i open the map?

niHJS42T

Here is the file vip_lit_init.sqf;

/*
	Author: voiper

Description: Initialise map/flashlight/NVG features of LIT.

Parameters: 
		0: Bool; whether to leave these scripts on after player dies; default false.
		1: Map Subtractions Array (leave empty to disable):
			0: Bool; whether to remove "Show player on map" button; default true.
			1: Bool; whether to remove and disable map textures; default true.
			2: Bool; whether to remove cursor grid ref; default true.
			3: Bool; whether to use alternative cursor type; default true.
		2: Map Additions Array (leave empty to disable): 
			0: Scalar: flashlight size to use (0 = normal, 1 = large); default 0.
			1: Bool: whether to enable NVG on map; default true.
			2: Bool: whether player starts with flashlight item; default true.
		3: NVG Array (leave empty to disable):
			0: Array (leave empty to disable):
				0: Scalar; max viewdistance of NVG; default 1000.
			1: Bool; whether to enable NVG grain; default true.
			2: Bool; whether to turn off NVG when using non-collimator optics; default true.

Returns:
		None
*/

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

//prevent accidental duplication
if (!isNil "vip_lit_var_cl_init") exitWith {diag_log "WARNING (vip_lit): Attempted to reinitialise."};
vip_lit_var_cl_init = true;

_respawn = [_this, 0, false, [true]] call bis_fnc_param;
_mapSubs = [_this, 1, [true, true, true, true], [[]]] call bis_fnc_param;
_mapAdds = [_this, 2, [0, true, true], [[]]] call bis_fnc_param;
_nvg = [_this, 3, [[1000], true, true], [[]]] call bis_fnc_param;

waitUntil {!isNull player};

[if (count _mapSubs > 0) then {_mapSubs} else {[false, false, false, false]}, if (count _mapAdds > 0) then {_mapAdds} else {[]}, if (count _nvg > 0) then {_nvg} else {[[], false, false]}] call vip_lit_fnc_cl_diary;
if (count _mapSubs > 0) then {_scriptMapSubs = [_respawn, _mapSubs] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_mapSubtractions.sqf"; waitUntil {scriptDone _scriptMapSubs}};
if (count _mapAdds > 0) then {_scriptMapAdds = [_respawn, _mapAdds] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_mapAdditions.sqf"; waitUntil {scriptDone _scriptMapAdds}};
if (count _nvg > 0) then {[_respawn, _nvg] call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "vip_lit\vip_lit_NVG.sqf"};

Thanks a lot.

Rizla

If you've lost your progress with A3 v1.58, please check all *.vars.Arma3Profile files on your server. Maybe the old file is still around and you can restore it.

Edied this code to classnames_extension, it works perfectly, but when i`m spawning AI, they start to shoot each other. Have no ideas, how to fix it.

infantry_units_overwrite = true;
infantry_units_extension = [
["rhs_msv_machinegunner",3,0,0],
["rhs_msv_machinegunner_assistant",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_strelok_rpg_assist",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_at",3,0,0],
["rhs_msv_efreitor",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_crew_commander",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_driver",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_driver_armored",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_aa",3,0,0],
["rhs_msv_rifleman",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_grenadier",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_LAT",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_RShG2",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_arifleman",3,0,0],
["rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_engineer",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_medic",2,0,0],
["rhs_msv_officer",5,0,0],
["rhs_msv_officer_armored",5,0,0],
["rhs_msv_sergeant",4,0,0],
["rhs_msv_junior_sergeant",3,0,0],
["rhs_msv_marksman",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_crew",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_armoredcrew",1,0,0],
["rhs_msv_combatcrew",1,0,0]

];

Seems got the problem, so russian infantry - OPFOR.

I'm assuming you are editing Liberation to play it as OPFOR?

How do you get the RHS mods and Leights Opfor Pack to work with the mission, there is no setting within the parameters to select these mods???[/size]

Yes, there are no parameters. It's the mission itself that detects custom addons and uses them. Both client and server are required to have those addons loaded.

How do i get this to work???

This Liberation version requires ACE3 and RHS for it to be loaded.

Hi,

Has anybody got the Little Immersion Tweaks working with Liberation? When i try to get it going i get the follow error and a black screen when i open the map?

Here is the file vip_lit_init.sqf;

/*
	Author: voiper

Description: Initialise map/flashlight/NVG features of LIT.

Parameters: 
		0: Bool; whether to leave these scripts on after player dies; default false.
		1: Map Subtractions Array (leave empty to disable):
			0: Bool; whether to remove "Show player on map" button; default true.
			1: Bool; whether to remove and disable map textures; default true.
			2: Bool; whether to remove cursor grid ref; default true.
			3: Bool; whether to use alternative cursor type; default true.
		2: Map Additions Array (leave empty to disable): 
			0: Scalar: flashlight size to use (0 = normal, 1 = large); default 0.
			1: Bool: whether to enable NVG on map; default true.
			2: Bool: whether player starts with flashlight item; default true.
		3: NVG Array (leave empty to disable):
			0: Array (leave empty to disable):
				0: Scalar; max viewdistance of NVG; default 1000.
			1: Bool; whether to enable NVG grain; default true.
			2: Bool; whether to turn off NVG when using non-collimator optics; default true.

Returns:
		None
*/

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

//prevent accidental duplication
if (!isNil "vip_lit_var_cl_init") exitWith {diag_log "WARNING (vip_lit): Attempted to reinitialise."};
vip_lit_var_cl_init = true;

_respawn = [_this, 0, false, [true]] call bis_fnc_param;
_mapSubs = [_this, 1, [true, true, true, true], [[]]] call bis_fnc_param;
_mapAdds = [_this, 2, [0, true, true], [[]]] call bis_fnc_param;
_nvg = [_this, 3, [[1000], true, true], [[]]] call bis_fnc_param;

waitUntil {!isNull player};

[if (count _mapSubs > 0) then {_mapSubs} else {[false, false, false, false]}, if (count _mapAdds > 0) then {_mapAdds} else {[]}, if (count _nvg > 0) then {_nvg} else {[[], false, false]}] call vip_lit_fnc_cl_diary;
if (count _mapSubs > 0) then {_scriptMapSubs = [_respawn, _mapSubs] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_mapSubtractions.sqf"; waitUntil {scriptDone _scriptMapSubs}};
if (count _mapAdds > 0) then {_scriptMapAdds = [_respawn, _mapAdds] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_mapAdditions.sqf"; waitUntil {scriptDone _scriptMapAdds}};
if (count _nvg > 0) then {[_respawn, _nvg] call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "vip_lit\vip_lit_NVG.sqf"};

Thanks a lot.

Rizla

Did you installed it properly?

I had it working fine on an Invade & Annex server i was running previously, so i'm assuming it is installed correctly. Has nobody had this issue before then, completely black screen when opening map?

Thanks.

Rizla

I had it working fine on an Invade & Annex server i was running previously, so i'm assuming it is installed correctly. Has nobody had this issue before then, completely black screen when opening map?

Thanks.

Rizla

Assuming you followed installation instructions, you might want to look for cfgSounds in greuh_liberation.Altis > ui > liberation_titles.hpp, and do the following. Also, make sure you remove cfgSounds from the description.ext file.

class CfgSounds
{
#include "vip_lit\resource\vip_lit_cfgSounds.hpp"
	sounds[] = {};
	class parasound
	{
		name = "parasound";
		sound[] = {"res\c130.ogg", 1.0, 1};
		titles[] = {};
	};
};

Ok so am i mistaking or not, there is a "save feature" within the parameters correct??? Because i can't get it to save???

It should save automatically every 60sec. In the parameters the is an option to wipe your previous savegame. The savegame is actually very robust. I am paying the same savegame with several major changes to the mission every few days.

Assuming you followed installation instructions, you might want to look for cfgSounds in greuh_liberation.Altis > ui > liberation_titles.hpp, and do the following. Also, make sure you remove cfgSounds from the description.ext file.

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {};
	class parasound
	{
		name = "parasound";
		titles[] = {};
	};
};

Ok, i done as you advised above and i get the follow behaviour. If i leave the LIT folders in the root directory and try to load up, Arma crashes as it seems to be looking for the LIT folders in ui\vip_lit.. If i copy the LIT folders to the \ui\vip_lit.. then i can load the map up fine, but if i try to re-bind the buttons i get the error message below;

Wba5JkEi

It seems i'm a step closer though as the map is actually showing up and i can hear the flashlight when i click the button etc.

Any more suggestions please?

Rizla

Ok, i done as you advised above and i get the follow behaviour. If i leave the LIT folders in the root directory and try to load up, Arma crashes as it seems to be looking for the LIT folders in ui\vip_lit.. If i copy the LIT folders to the \ui\vip_lit.. then i can load the map up fine, but if i try to re-bind the buttons i get the error message below;

It seems i'm a step closer though as the map is actually showing up and i can hear the flashlight when i click the button etc.

Any more suggestions please?

Rizla

Repeat LIT installation instructions and this time copy cfgSounds from below and paste it to description.ext file, and delete original cfgSounds from the liberation_titles.hpp file.

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {};
	class parasound
	{
		name = "parasound";
		titles[] = {};
	};
};

There seems to be an issue with the "opfor infantry killed" stats, though

I have heavily modified the mission as we played it. Mainly the classname_extension file. We in fact ended playing it as opforces (russia). So have it in mind if looking for potential bugs.

We still encounter the issue that some of the militia men that guard the towns, spawn without weapons. But they count towards the occupying force. Yesterday we captured the hotel complex with three human players and no friendly AI. We saw at least 4 militia men who had no weapons. In the end we had to kill one of them to conquer the sector. The others then turned into hostages. We do not use any weapon mods or custom factions. There is also no error message that e.g. a weapon could not be loaded.

Did anyone else see this happen, too? It's really annoying.

We still encounter the issue that some of the militia men that guard the towns, spawn without weapons. But they count towards the occupying force. Yesterday we captured the hotel complex with three human players and no friendly AI. We saw at least 4 militia men who had no weapons. In the end we had to kill one of them to conquer the sector. The others then turned into hostages. We do not use any weapon mods or custom factions. There is also no error message that e.g. a weapon could not be loaded.

Yes, I encountered this type of issue on some servers even with the addons. They didn't have invisible weapon in their hands, they were simply unarmed but dressed as FIA fighters, running around the objective area without the option to capture them. 

Exactly. And they also count to the total amount of militia forces in the sector.

Yes, I encountered this type of issue on some servers even with the addons. They didn't have invisible weapon in their hands, they were simply unarmed but dressed as FIA fighters, running around the objective area without the option to capture them. 

I witnessed this in Hostile towns.. AI no weapons.. firing with their hands in 'raised weapon;.  Also I have a captured AI 'SAVALAS'

at my base who was interrogated but several hours and rejoining the game later, He is on his Feet, has a weapon, wearing a ballcap

but doent move from the base.  Was   playing with RHS.    CSATS all have weapons.

Can someone tell me where i find the config of the mobile respawn in the mission files?

I would like to remove its redeploy and Arsenal functions, but i cannot find it in the scripts.

Can someone tell me where i find the config of the mobile respawn in the mission files?

I would like to remove its redeploy and Arsenal functions, but i cannot find it in the scripts.

greuh_liberation.Altis\scripts\client\actions\action_manager.sqf

Hallo zbug and all others.

I try to find the script which empty all spawning vehicles.

I added custom ammunition supply crates, that you can build.

But they are all empty.

Can anybody give me a hint where to find it in the missionfile?

Thank you.

Hallo zbug and all others.

I try to find the script which empty all spawning vehicles.

I added custom ammunition supply crates, that you can build.

But they are all empty.

Can anybody give me a hint where to find it in the missionfile?

Thank you.

Near the bottom.

greuh_liberation.Altis\scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf 

Are there error logs that might be able to help me troubleshoot?

I started playing Liberation on .921 and without reading about modifying it, I just went ahead and modified the classnames.sqf file. Now that .923 is out, I'd like to convert and do it the right way, with the extensions file.

I've put all the units/troops/vehicles/whatever into the extensions file, but it seems like the server isn't loading the file at all. Everything is using vanilla assets.

Great mission, we've been having a lot of fun with it.

Did you set the single paragraphs in each section of classnames_extension.sqf from false to true?

But for me the Arsenal blacklist from classnames_extension.sqf is also not working. I tried to remove the tryk vests from it.

Did you set the single paragraphs in each section of classnames_extension.sqf from false to true?

I did. I also changed the Huron type to the RHS CH53, which is still showing up as a huron. I'm pretty sure the top options will change without having to set any other switches.

So I'm pretty sure it just isn't loading the sqf file

So the Huron has to be changed on top of the list. That is a special case. The rest will go to each respective paragraph. The Helis and assets in base chimera are in the mission.Sqm AFAIK. They will not change with the extension (except for the huron). As I did this for rhs, also with ch53 as Huron, it worked. I maybe post your extension code here?