zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

So...I guess nobody knows how I "Synchronize waypoints" using Zeus, since I can do that now, like was stated in the update notes?

:ph34r: Greetings All, Say .922 is "pretty allright!". Drop Ropes, Length adjustments .. very cool. I play it on dedicated srver with RHS, and for sure if Oppresive; "they gonna Get Some ure Butte!" . lol

Favor tho- would someone posta link to Alas that we use now. ? I would appreciate it. :ph34r:

Does this mean that there is fast-roping already included in 9.22? If so, does it work for rhs choppers out of the box as well? If so, how can I drop the ropes?

BTW: I should have a modded version of this ready by the end of the week. That will include rhs, melb, Mag-Repack via script and jns skycrane+xeno taru pod mod. maybe some more stuff that comes to my mind.

Did anyone try already to run this mission with ASR AI3 or VCOM AI on a dedicated server?

Does this mean that there is fast-roping already included in 9.22? If so, does it work for rhs choppers out of the box as well? If so, how can I drop the ropes?

BTW: I should have a modded version of this ready by the end of the week. That will include rhs, melb, Mag-Repack via script and jns skycrane+xeno taru pod mod. maybe some more stuff that comes to my mind.

Did anyone try already to run this mission with ASR AI3 or VCOM AI on a dedicated server?

ACE3 is not very compatible with the revive system (when revived, your leg stays broken, so you can't run). So we just disable the revive system and just use the advanced medical system from ACE3.

Yes FastRopes are working in Chinnok, and uh1

I always turn off revive. Any other chopper u must config the class attribute

To include FastRopes framework.

I didn't assemble this one myself, but has worked for us on the recent RHS builds.   http://pastebin.com/7KPx8pnU

I commented out some code for a few units from other addons, the rest of this should strictly be RHS and default Arma 3 stuff though.

Just started using this, it all works well, however, when I try to build objects, the red radius spheres are obstructing construction?? Like they're showing up as "Sphere 100cm" as if they're objects that normally stop building like a person or a house. Anyone know how to fix this??

Just started using this, it all works well, however, when I try to build objects, the red radius spheres are obstructing construction?? Like they're showing up as "Sphere 100cm" as if they're objects that normally stop building like a person or a house. Anyone know how to fix this??

Think I ran into the same problem, solution for me was to put the "ghost_spot" over land somewhere with enough place surrounding it. Seems like its some sort of Spawnpoint for the building System.

Btw, awesome mission and the new classnames_extension is just perfect! Thanks for this Gem!

• Like 2

Think I ran into the same problem, solution for me was to put the "ghost_spot" over land somewhere with enough place surrounding it. Seems like its some sort of Spawnpoint for the building System.

Btw, awesome mission and the new classnames_extension is just perfect! Thanks for this Gem!

hehe ... I kinda suggested the classnames_extention design to him ... yeah I know ... low of me to say this ... but hey come on, when I do something good .... Still Zbug is the star of this mission :)

• Like 1

Hello,

Can someone recommend me some awesome Mods for this Mission ?

Im using  RHS,MELB,@TLAS_LHD_Plus,RAM.

And one thing .... I get no  Reward points like the Ammo points for destroying a Vehicle ??? can you help me ?

we tested it  today

we use : CBA, R3F WEAPON, TASKFORCE RADIO 

alot of enemy are moving without weapons

we got some enemy popping in front of us like ifrit or group squad (after 20 minutes with activated town ~~)

the enemy was a bit hardcore then the other version "many head shot" 

marker from parachut doesnt disapear and same for people who died 

maybe cba make trouble i dont know.

we go back to 921 its more stable

we tested it  today

we use : CBA, R3F WEAPON, TASKFORCE RADIO 

alot of enemy are moving without weapons

we got some enemy popping in front of us like ifrit or group squad (after 20 minutes with activated town ~~)

the enemy was a bit hardcore then the other version "many head shot" 

marker from parachut doesnt disapear and same for people who died 

maybe cba make trouble i dont know.

we go back to 921 its more stable

I know what you mean about enemies popping in. I sent a message to zbug about it, and I posted about it in the comments a day or so ago, yet no reply. I really hope this can be fixed, and that enemies become persistent to an extent.

Sorry but the discussion about sector activation mechanics has already happened several times both here and in private, I'm not having another row of it, you're free to dig it up in this thread to see why it's done this way, and why all the simple solutions end up in massive performance issues.

If you want to try on your own you can edit the value of GRLIB_sector_size in gameplay_constants.sqf (for a larger spawn area) and remove the contents of wait_to_spawn_sector.sqf (not the file itself, just leave it empty) for instant spawning everytime one blufor unit enters a sector. If the actual creation of individual units takes too long (you'd see them appear one by one in front of you) that's only due to your host fps (or headless client if you have those - that would help, btw)

If you have issues with invisible weapons and vehicles, make sure both the server and clients are loading all the needed mods

If enemies are popping in front of you make sure your server fps are acceptable, bottom left corner of the map, anything below 10 isn't acceptable. Last time I've seen that the server was running at 3 fps, and further checking showed several wasteland and exile instances running on the same host...

• Like 2

Sorry but the discussion about sector activation mechanics has already happened several times both here and in private, I'm not having another row of it, you're free to dig it up in this thread to see why it's done this way, and why all the simple solutions end up in massive performance issues.

If you want to try on your own you can edit the value of GRLIB_sector_size in gameplay_constants.sqf (for a larger spawn area) and remove the contents of wait_to_spawn_sector.sqf (not the file itself, just leave it empty) for instant spawning everytime one blufor unit enters a sector. If the actual creation of individual units takes too long (you'd see them appear one by one in front of you) that's only due to your host fps (or headless client if you have those - that would help, btw)

If you have issues with invisible weapons and vehicles, make sure both the server and clients are loading all the needed mods

If enemies are popping in front of you make sure your server fps are acceptable, bottom left corner of the map, anything below 10 isn't acceptable. Last time I've seen that the server was running at 3 fps, and further checking showed several wasteland and exile instances running on the same host...

Sounds like a sore subject hahaha. I understand some people may get disproportionately rude or entitled on this issue, so I can understand why you don't want to open another discussion. I greatly appreciate you giving us the information on how to adjust it ourselves, however. Thank you very much man! 

• Like 1

@zbug

Hello ,

Im using the RHS,ACE3,RAM,MELB,Leights OPFOR Pack,TRYK Multi-Play Uniform Pack,USAF 2015 PACK,ATLAS_LHD_Plus and ASR_AI3

but I get no ammo points If I destroy any RHS Vehicle like a BTR 80 .... only for normal Arma 3 Vehicle (vanilla)

can you help me ?

greetings 

MrFies

Sounds like a sore subject hahaha. I understand some people may get disproportionately rude or entitled on this issue, so I can understand why you don't want to open another discussion. I greatly appreciate you giving us the information on how to adjust it ourselves, however. Thank you very much man! 

Nah no one got rude, it's just that this discussion has been coming around every few weeks and the dead horse has been dead for a while now :p

Im using the RHS,ACE3,RAM,MELB,Leights OPFOR Pack,TRYK Multi-Play Uniform Pack,USAF 2015 PACK,ATLAS_LHD_Plus and ASR_AI3

but I get no ammo points If I destroy any RHS Vehicle like a BTR 80 .... only for normal Arma 3 Vehicle (vanilla)

Well I had a look at the code for this

if ( typeof _unit in all_hostile_classnames ) then {
			stats_opfor_vehicles_killed = stats_opfor_vehicles_killed + 1;
			if ( isplayer _killer ) then {
				stats_opfor_vehicles_killed_by_players = stats_opfor_vehicles_killed_by_players + 1;

if ( GRLIB_ammo_bounties ) then {
					private [ "_bounty" ];

_bounty = 10;
					if ( _unit isKindOf "Air" ) then {
						_bounty = 40;
					};

if ( _unit isKindOf "Tank" ) then {
						_bounty = 20;
					};

resources_ammo = resources_ammo + _bounty;
					[ [ typeOf _unit, _bounty, _killer ] , "remote_call_ammo_bounty" ] call BIS_fnc_MP;
				};

};
		}

If RHS is done in such way that its vehicle types don't inherit from the standard types of the game (for example with isKindOf "Tank" returning false for a BTR), then yep it doesn't work. Could be another reason but I don't have other ideas

Hey, i want to transfer my liberation server to another computer, i moved only the liberation.pbo but i dont get the save, how can i get the old save on the other computer ? And is it possible to make Build avaible everywhere on the map ?

- sorry for bad english

I'm trying to move Liberation over to Chernarus and am having a bit of trouble. I seem to have everything working except that there is no crate to sling load to make a fob. It shows an icon in the editor, no visible 3d model (I dont know if its suppose to), but when I export and load up the map there is no crate and I don't have a build menu or anything. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Hello, I am trying out your new classnames extentions file and I seem to be having a problem. I can add new vehicles alright, but I can't seem to add infantry, and whenever I do add them it breaks the config and resets it to vanilla. What might I be missing?

Here is what the line looks like

infantry_units_overwrite = true;
infantry_units_extension = [
["rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_1stcav",1,0,0],
["rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman_101st",1,0,0],
["rhsusf_army_ocp_helipilot",1,0,0],
["rhsusf_army_ocp_helicrew",1,0,0],
["rhsusf_army_ocp_javelin",1,0,0],
["rhsusf_army_ocp_aa",1,0,0]
];

Hey, i want to transfer my liberation server to another computer, i moved only the liberation.pbo but i dont get the save, how can i get the old save on the other computer ? And is it possible to make Build avaible everywhere on the map ?

- sorry for bad english

/94.250.222.114_2302/Users/TCAGame/TCAGame.vars.Arma3Profile

• Like 1

Hello,

What can I edit to build bigger bases ? I mean how can I increase the 125meter FOB limitation ?

Helicopters on the troop carrier are being dropped from a high distance onto the deck when sceanrio starts causing blackhawk at the end to destruct. Also the engines are left running on the rest.

Just tested it with Atlas mod, no issue. Any edit you've done on your end?

when I export and load up the map there is no crate and I don't have a build menu or anything. Any Ideas?

Activate the "show script errors" parameter and/or look into your rpt logs to see which script is crashing during mission init and why it crashes

Hello, I am trying out your new classnames extentions file and I seem to be having a problem. I can add new vehicles alright, but I can't seem to add infantry, and whenever I do add them it breaks the config and resets it to vanilla. What might I be missing?

I just tried and it works as expected. That part of your code seems correct too, maybe the classnames don't exist or the problem is elsewhere?

What can I edit to build bigger bases ? I mean how can I increase the 125meter FOB limitation ?

gameplay_constants.sqf, edit the value of GRLIB_fob_range

Zbug,

Can I specify a first FOB start position rather than random?

Thanks,

Vengeance

Can I specify a first FOB start position rather than random?

startgame.sqf, line 25, put the value you want into _spawnplace

• Like 1

Is it somewhere possible to change the default mission parameters? Or are they also saved in the savegame and are the same after restarting the mission?