zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

I am trying to increase the number of allies I can directly control, it is currently set at 10. I found this a few pages back:

open_build_menu.sqf in scripts\client\build

find:

if ((buildtype == 1) && (count (units group player) >= XX)) then {
_squad_full = true;

Change XX to how many AI you want in your squad.

However when I open the scenario menu in-game after editing the .pbo file, Arma crashes. I receive this error:

​Data file too short 'Missions\@Liberation\greuh_liberation.Altis.pbo'.

Expected 944579467 B, got 1944323 B

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I am not a modder, this is the first time I have tried editing any mod/game. I am using notepad to open and edit the .pbo file found in steam\steamapps\common\Arma3\Missions\@Liberation  the .pbo file is the only file in that folder, and works fine before being edited. I have also tried reducing the number to 11. I know the maximum number the Arma engine allows is fairly high (I have had 23 members in the DUWS mod, though I don't know the maximum).

v0.922 is out

This version has got way more changes and way less testing than most previous versions, if you encounter any major issue you should report it, and if needed revert back to v0.921 (the current savegame format is compatible with both). 

Changes:

• If you have player markers enabled, wounded players now appear on the map with a specific icon.
  • Player markers have been reworked to refresh more often while costing less fps, although the difference in fps isn't really noticeable.
  • Zeus can now delete objects and synchronise waypoints. It might correct the issue with transport chopper unloading.
  • New mission option to enable/disable the autodanger behaviour on allied AI (disabled by default).
  • New mission option to enable/disable the BLUFOR units that pop up to defend captured sectors (enabled by default).
  • New mission option to limit the number of FOBs you can have at the same time (26 by default).
  • Reworked the arsenal UI, "take loadout", "save loadout" and "copy loadout" options won't close the window. You can still doubleclick a loadout to quick load it.
  • The server admin will be able to use the commander slot, regardless of whitelist settings.
  • Classnames_extension has been improved to allow the extension or replacement of about any classname in the mission, allowing you to use any mod you want without ever touching the original classnames file.
  • As a consequence classnames_extension.sqf has moved to the mission root while classnames.sqf is now a bit further. If you still need to modify classnames.sqf then you should tell me, so I can add what's missing in classnames_extension.sqf.
  • There's a new arsenal.sqf that will restrict what is available in the arsenal. By default it's empty, meaning that everything is allowed, except the usual blacklisted items.
  • Like 3

Awesome, thanks so much for continuing to update this great mission!  The below "replacement" feature is huge when modifying it to a "Total Conversion" to something like RHS/CUP instead of having to delete/replace in classnames.sqf all "Standard" Arma 3 content.

Classnames_extension has been improved to allow the extension or replacement of about any classname in the mission, allowing you to use any mod you want without ever touching the original classnames file.

what is you opinion on including a Mag-Repack System in this Mission?

We've been using the standalone version of this (which requires CBA), and I'd rather use the addon than put the script in the mission and force it upon every player. I could always put that behind a mission parameter, but the options screen is already getting very crowded. So yeah, I'd rather keep using and recommending the addon version for this

I will be very interested in doing a full RHS version, only including elements from this addon. But I would like to wait for the 1.0 version, so to not have to review the code again and again. Is it expected to change some code from the 0.921 version to the 1.0 version in relation to the classnames files?

Anyway, I have a question for you regarding enemy attacks. From time to time, we receive attacks to our bases, but they are very sporadic. We feel that we would like to have more enemy pressure, not so regarding reinforcements when we are attacking a town (this amount feels just right), but:

-Increased amount and frecuency of enemy attacks to our bases

-Increased amount of enemy patrols. It is quite difficult to encounter them while traveling.

I have revised the code but it is still not clear to me where to tune-up those numbers. Are they related to the parameter CSAT aggresivity?

I can't tell you exactly when but I expect the 1.0 to be done rather soon, see here

The frequency and power of random CSAT attacks on your positions are determined by player count on the server (if you haven't disabled that option) and CSAT aggressivity settings. The global difficulty influences the speed at which the alert level will rise, so it affects CSAT battlegroup strength indirectly.

Chances of getting a counter attack after a sector capture are influenced by CSAT aggressivity, global difficulty and current alert level. You also get counter spawns against your air and armored forces if the aggressivity is higher than "normal" and you use either air or armor a lot (determined by their share of kills), but maybe that isn't enough just yet.

I've found out it's the hardest part to balance as it depends on the way every group plays the mission. I've had people complaining about too much CSAT pressure while other were complaining about getting too little. The CSAT aggressivity parameter helped but maybe not enough yet.  I'm all for giving you all the control you need over that so maybe I'll rewrite that part before 1.0, as part of a larger balance/difficulty tweak.

Also (I've just read the code again) for random attacks (not counters) you need at least 20 humans players and 20 fps on your server. Maybe that 20 players limit could be lowered by the CSAT aggressivity parameter, so you could get constantly hammered by CSAT battlegroups with only 5 human players to defend if that's really what you want ? :p

Patrols are a different issue as they are spawned close enough from the players to avoid costing performance for nothing. If you move to a new zone of operations then patrols may take a while to spawn around you (up to 30 minutes). Their amount also depends on the current alert level, so if you do a lot of secondary objectives, you'll get less hostile patrols.

Anyways that's a lot of rules so maybe I'll try to streamline all that into something simpler.

I play it in singleplayer game mode. It always lags realy badly every 30 seconds the frames drop without any reason. tried it without mods, with mods, with settings high and low. always the same. Really bad lags. I thought its combined with EDEN-Update, but on other Missions like WLA i dont have this problem.

Any clues?

It would seem related to the savegame, maybe your Arma has issues accessing your user files, or if you have a huge amount of units and FOB objects in your mission ?

Hello,

I would like to use my own squadnames and turn off custom squads. I can turn off custom squads, but some script is fighting my other script for renaming groups (setgrupoupid in a loop). Could somebody tell me what to change to turn off any group related stuff for players ? I would like to have unchangable group IDs or manage it with my own script. I use cTab so I would like to have my groups named appropriately.

In config I turned off GREUH_allow_mapmarkers = false; but I can still see players as bluforce markers on map. How could I disable that ?

For your first question turning GREUH_allow_customsquads to "false" should help, but it might also bork the extended options UI that wasn't revised to allow that, you should try and see what happens.

For your second question, that's weird, do you have another addon that maybe puts markers on blufor players? Cause what you did should definitly turn off the script that's doing it.

Hello Everyone,

I have noticed on our server that not all the mods load as buildable objects. For example, even though CUP Vehicles are loaded and running, none of them show up as buildable either via the build menu or Zeus.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Yep, you need to edit classnames_extension to add buildable stuff. Putting every single classname from every single mod in the build menu would definitely cause issues, and you'd have a hard time just to find what you need :)

Hello,

I ran into couple of Issue.

-When in Commander Zeus mode I would create mortar crew but however the issue is that I can't make him fire his mortar unless I make him a squad member.

-When trying to transport mortar it is impossible. You can fold the mortar and take it but you can't unfold it. Also it impossible to carry the 2nd bag that came with the mortar being folded.

-Several useful Zeus stuff is not being able to be used such as making the helicopter land with a team in it while in Commander Zeus mode. 

-Can you also possibly put in a way to delete crew vehicles that get stuck. AI tend to get stuck somewhere quite often.

Thanks, Armeritan

- I've tried this and apparently there's more to it than just putting a fire mission waypoint with Zeus, no idea just yet,

- That used to work just fine but we didn't try recently, maybe v1.56 broke it?

- You'd need to synchronise waypoints to do that with Zeus, I've enabled it in liberation v0.922,

- Same, done in v0.922

Small bug. The numerical values do not coincide with the correct difficulty levels in the mission_params.hpp file:

It seems Arma only accepts integers as default values for mission parameters, I've already run into that issue

I am trying to increase the number of allies I can directly control, it is currently set at 10. I found this a few pages back:

However when I open the scenario menu in-game after editing the .pbo file, Arma crashes. I receive this error:

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I am not a modder, this is the first time I have tried editing any mod/game. I am using notepad to open and edit the .pbo file found in steam\steamapps\common\Arma3\Missions\@Liberation  the .pbo file is the only file in that folder, and works fine before being edited. I have also tried reducing the number to 11. I know the maximum number the Arma engine allows is fairly high (I have had 23 members in the DUWS mod, though I don't know the maximum).

There's tools to unpack and repack pbos without breaking them, you should be editing files inside the pbo, not the pbo itself. The other option is to grab the mission source files here, open the scenario in the 2D editor and save as -> export to multiplayer from there (which creates that pbo file you need)

Hey zbug, i've already played around with the 0.921 version and added outlaws Mag-Repack script to it. After a very brief test, it seems to work flawless. I didn't know that there is also an addon version of a Mag-Repack. I will look into it. But no need for you to add it to the mission, since I can do this easily by myself.

Regarding the changes to the classnames_extension.sqf... This sounds really good. I've already started to add rhs units to v0.921. But i will do it for v9.22 again as soon as I find some time for it.

Another quick question:

Do you know out of your head if changing units in classnames_extension.sqf (to rhs units) will break your current save game? I suppose this will be the case, correct?

Thanks a lot for making this awesome mission and helping us out when there are issues/requests!

running 0.922 Parachute markers arent going away :o

Thanks, I'll look into it. That's strange because it works correctly with regular vehicles. Does it help if you turn player markers off then on in extended options ?

Do you know out of your head if changing units in classnames_extension.sqf (to rhs units) will break your current save game? I suppose this will be the case, correct?

There is no issue whatsoever if you use a different classnames setup with the same savegame. The worst that can happen is if you remove the classname of a vehicle that has been saved in a FOB, you will lose that vehicle with no refund, and that's about it ;)

Changes:

• Zeus can now delete objects and synchronise waypoints. It might correct the issue with transport chopper unloading.

How exactly do I synchronize waypoints in Zeus? Holding control then dragging from one waypoint to another just gives me the double chevron icon, and doesn't give any indication that it worked.

Also, what waypoints do I put down and synchronize? I'm guessing "Get Out" for the passengers and "Transport Unload" for land vehicles, and "Land" for helicopters?

Thanks, I'll look into it. That's strange because it works correctly with regular vehicles. Does it help if you turn player markers off then on in extended options ?

No sir :( . The stuck markers return upon re-enabling 

Hello Folks,

Can someone explain me how I can add the Mod : MELB (little bird) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28856. 

thx for the help 

MrFies

Add its classname to classnames_extension.sqf under the air_vehicles_extension section. Price accordingly eg: ["melb_heli_idontknowthe_classname",0,0,12]   

There's very helpful commentary in the sqf file itself (thanks for that zbug by the way!)

:ph34r:   Greetings All,  Say   .922 is "pretty allright!".    Drop Ropes, Length adjustments .. very cool.  I play it on dedicated srver with RHS, and for sure if Oppresive;  "they gonna Get Some ure Butte!"  .  lol         

Favor tho- would someone posta link to Alas  that we use now.  ?  I would appreciate it. :ph34r: 

I'm very interested in this mod, downloading it as I type! I do wonder though, how would I go about making a total conversion to, say, RHS? As in all the forces would be either U.S., Soviet, or Eastern Militia? I plan on using this mod in coop with a friend of mine, and neither of us very much care for the vanilla selection hahaha.

Is it possible to make the mission ACE3 compatible ? 

No sir :( . The stuck markers return upon re-enabling 

Add its classname to classnames_extension.sqf under the air_vehicles_extension section. Price accordingly eg: ["melb_heli_idontknowthe_classname",0,0,12]   

There's very helpful commentary in the sqf file itself (thanks for that zbug by the way!)

Those are the lines to be added. Be careful the last line of the array doesn't have a coma, otherwise the mission wouldn't work:

["MELB_H6M",0,100,30],

["MELB_AH6M_L",0,150,30],

["MELB_AH6M_M",0,150,30],

["MELB_AH6M_H",0,150,30],

["MELB_MH6M",0,150,30],

["LWIRCM_MELB",0,100,30],

["M134x2_MELB",0,150,30],

["M134_R_MELB",0,120,30],

["GAU19_MELB",0,130,30],

["M260_MELB",0,130,30],

["Laserdesignator_MELB",0,100,30],

Is it possible to make the mission ACE3 compatible ? 

It is already, we use it. But you will have to edit the mission if other than ACE3 default settings are desired (e.g. advanced medical system enabled).

Also (I've just read the code again) for random attacks (not counters) you need at least 20 humans players and 20 fps on your server. Maybe that 20 players limit could be lowered by the CSAT aggressivity parameter, so you could get constantly hammered by CSAT battlegroups with only 5 human players to defend if that's really what you want ? :P

Asking for it to be added as a parameter would be too much, so I will be glad if you could confirm me that only changing line 19 in "\scripts\server\battlegroup\random_battlegroups.sqf" file would do the trick. Thanks :-)

• Like 1

Asking for it to be added as a parameter would be too much, so I will be glad if you could confirm me that only changing line 19 in "\scripts\server\battlegroup\random_battlegroups.sqf" file would do the trick. Thanks :-)

Well the CSAT aggressivity parameter already exists, it's just a matter of having it influence the player count at which random attacks will start happening, so I'll do that in the next version

Anyways yes that's the line you'll want to edit :)

Hi all!

Just started playing this mod, and I think it's great. Definitely gonna keep playing for a while. However, I'm lost as to where to find the classnames_extensions.sqf, or even the classnames.sqf. The only file I can find relating to Liberation is the .pbo, am I missing something here?

Secondly, does anyone know how to increase the radius at which enemy ai spawn? They only seem to spawn in when I'm about 400 meters away, ideally I'd prefer about a kilometer. 

It is already, we use it. But you will have to edit the mission if other than ACE3 default settings are desired (e.g. advanced medical system enabled).

ok but why is the revive not working ?

Hi all!

Just started playing this mod, and I think it's great. Definitely gonna keep playing for a while. However, I'm lost as to where to find the classnames_extensions.sqf, or even the classnames.sqf. The only file I can find relating to Liberation is the .pbo, am I missing something here?

You have to extract the pbo file. It behaves like a zip file but for arma.  Once you extracted the pbo you will see a full directory full of files.  Google for PBO manager and download it somewhere from armaholic (most trustworty place).  This tool will install in your windows, and then you can use it like a regular unzip, right click the pbo file, choose pbo manager, unpack to ...

You have to extract the pbo file. It behaves like a zip file but for arma.  Once you extracted the pbo you will see a full directory full of files.  Google for PBO manager and download it somewhere from armaholic (most trustworty place).  This tool will install in your windows, and then you can use it like a regular unzip, right click the pbo file, choose pbo manager, unpack to ...

Thanks, I'll do that asap! Also, two more questions:

1. is there a way to increase the distance that enemies spawn at? I've experienced enemies popping in at 400 meters away, and ideally I'd like it to be more like 1.2km, so that observation can be done.

2. What does the bobcat do?

:ph34r:   Greetings All,  Say   .922 is "pretty allright!".    Drop Ropes, Length adjustments .. very cool.  I play it on dedicated srver with RHS, and for sure if Oppresive;  "they gonna Get Some ure Butte!"  .  lol         

Favor tho- would someone posta link to Alas  that we use now.  ?  I would appreciate it. :ph34r: 

I mean please post a link to the Atlas mod that we use now.

So I downloaded a PBO manager and I extracted it to the mission folder. I have all the script files now, and I've edited the classnames_extension.sqf to add several RHS infantry, however they aren't appearing in my build menu. I also tried replacing a vanilla infantry with an RHS one in the classnames.sqf, but that didn't do anything either. What am I missing here?

I did this and it worked fine. Which editor did you use? I used the new Eden Edit on version .922

Problems on .922.

Helicopters on the troop carrier are being dropped from a high distance onto the deck when sceanrio starts causing blackhawk at the end to destruct. Also the engines are left running on the rest.

Markers are left on the map were all my troops have met their demise. Are we keeping score on my leadership abilities?

ok but why is the revive not working ?

ACE3 is not very compatible with the revive system (when revived, your leg stays broken, so you can't run). So we just disable the revive system and just use the advanced medical system from ACE3.