zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Is there any other guide on how to handle ai mates in this mission than the wiki and tutorial?

We are playing this mission since a few hours, but there are still a few things unclear:

1. Is there any vehicle, apart from the Huron, that we can buy and use as an mhq/spawn?

2. How can we control the blufor ai that we hire? They first join our squad when bought, but after leaving the server, they don't join our squad. Only thing I managed to do was to send them somewhere or let them guard an area as commander by using the Zeus interface. We would like them to join our squad again.

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet mit Tapatalk

1.) You've got the ability to build the Mobile Respawn Point, which is a Medical Hemmt. Very useful for those towns within 1km of a base or so to roll in with.

2.) After you disconnect and reconnect, those AI are no longer part of a squad and therefore can't be commanded. As a habit, we disband our groups before logging via the squad management system. On occasion, the server owner (me) flys/redeploys to our different FOBs and pops a cap in the leftover AI to "clean up." I do this on nights when we're not playing as a unit so as to limit the non-milsim nature of murdering our own people in cold blood.

• Like 1

Hi zbug...

what is you opinion on including a Mag-Repack System in this Mission?

I've used Outlaw's Mag-Repack (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/142494-mag-repack/) in some of my missions and i really love it, since you don't have a truckload of almost empty Mags in your pockets after the first few firefights.

Probably it is no problem to modify the mission on our end before pushing it to our dedi, but i think other might appreciate the function as well.

How are your feelings about this?

@Swiso did you transfer it into eden i found that when you try copy and paste from eden it adds a one to the begining of the name of the LHD And Chimera marker which throws the script totally off you have to copy and paste everything while in the 2D editor then import the saved mission in 3D editor only way i have got it to work i just star a new mission in 2D editor on bornholm save then open the original Grueh  in 2D editor Gather all the markers Copy now open Your saved Born Map Paste MAKE SURE YOU SET A PLAYER Charecter or eden wont load the Mission now save and Import you saved Born Mission into eden check LHD and Chimera should have No _1 after name now just proceed like usual 

PS if anyone want i am porting this to all sorts of maps Takistan is in works right now let me know if there are any islands people would want to play and hopefully when i can figure out how ill share them alll with everyone

Vlad,

I PM'd you back when this was originally posted. Would be super interested in getting my hands on some alternate islands for Liberation. Also would be interested in getting RHS versions already complete.

Thanks!

Take off your backpack then add the UAV terminal and then a backpack.

Its not this mission related have seen this bug in other missions.

Thanks kdjac, I fiddled with it some like you suggested and got it working. Turned out to be the middle terminal that worked for me. I had run in to this before in DUWS.

Hello zbug, how are you doing?

I will be very interested in doing a full RHS version, only including elements from this addon. But I would like to wait for the 1.0 version, so to not have to review the code again and again. Is it expected to change some code from the 0.921 version to the 1.0 version in relation to the classnames files?

Anyway, I have a question for you regarding enemy attacks. From time to time, we receive attacks to our bases, but they are very sporadic. We feel that we would like to have more enemy pressure, not so regarding reinforcements when we are attacking a town (this amount feels just right), but:

-Increased amount and frecuency of enemy attacks to our bases

-Increased amount of enemy patrols. It is quite difficult to encounter them while traveling.

I have revised the code but it is still not clear to me where to tune-up those numbers. Are they related to the parameter CSAT aggresivity?

Thank you very much,

Best regards

I've done a complete RHS conversion. I removed all CSAT and militia units and replaced them with Russian MSV and eastern independent units. I changed the NATO units to USMC units. One issue I've ran into is a few vehicles I added to the purchasable vehicles extension (not RHS assets) can't be recycled and they don't show up on the map either.  Do I need to reference these vehicles in another sqf file other than classnames_extension.sqf? Vehicle names "exa_rg31_mk19" and "exa_rg31_m2".

I play it in singleplayer game mode. It always lags realy badly every 30 seconds the frames drop without any reason. tried it without mods, with mods, with settings high and low. always the same. Really bad lags. I thought its combined with EDEN-Update, but on other Missions like WLA i dont have this problem.

Any clues?

Dark1 or Regiregi... would be so kind to share with us your ports please?

Thank you!

Hello,
I would like to use my own squadnames and turn off custom squads. I can turn off custom squads, but some script is fighting my other script for renaming groups (setgrupoupid in a loop). Could somebody tell me what to change to turn off any group related stuff for players ? I would like to have unchangable group IDs or manage it with my own script. I use cTab so I would like to have my groups named appropriately.

In config I turned off GREUH_allow_mapmarkers = false; but I can still see players as bluforce markers on map. How could I disable that ?

Hello Everyone,

I have noticed on our server that not all the mods load as buildable objects. For example, even though CUP Vehicles are loaded and running, none of them show up as buildable either via the build menu or Zeus.

Any suggestions or solutions?

I've done a complete RHS conversion. I removed all CSAT and militia units and replaced them with Russian MSV and eastern independent units. I changed the NATO units to USMC units. One issue I've ran into is a few vehicles I added to the purchasable vehicles extension (not RHS assets) can't be recycled and they don't show up on the map either.  Do I need to reference these vehicles in another sqf file other than classnames_extension.sqf? Vehicle names "exa_rg31_mk19" and "exa_rg31_m2".

Would you be so kind of uploading it? So to avoid to do the same redundant work.

In the meanwhile, I am working in an Iron front version. Could be interesting to see Liberation from a WWII point of view. Stay tuned.

I'll link my modified version, but it uses mods not available to the public (milsim group modified versions). If you open the PBO file, the info you'll need to change is in classnames.sqf and classnames_extension.sqf .

https://goo.gl/C6SQF3

Still haven't fixed the inability to recycle / see on map, some vehicles. If anyone knows a solution, I'd appreciate some guidance. 

• Like 2

I'll link my modified version, but it uses mods not available to the public (milsim group modified versions). If you open the PBO file, the info you'll need to change is in classnames.sqf and classnames_extension.sqf .

https://goo.gl/C6SQF3

Still haven't fixed the inability to recycle / see on map, some vehicles. If anyone knows a solution, I'd appreciate some guidance. 

I've been having the same issue, I think there is a file linked to the recycle system that has class names linked to them I.e. all the RHS and other optional assets but not all of the other assets in the game you want to add in my case 3CB BAF and MELB. that's my guess if i find something I'll post it here and how to do it

Is there a way to add penalties for killing civilians? like decreasing resources, or even better (like in SENSEI's DCG) civilians have an approval rating, and if its low, there is a high chance of rebel attacks or suicide bombers.

Because my players are just battering cities with artillery and bombing them with planes no problem :( .  

Is there a way to add penalties for killing civilians? like decreasing resources, or even better (like in SENSEI's DCG) civilians have an approval rating, and if its low, there is a high chance of rebel attacks or suicide bombers.

Because my players are just battering cities with artillery and bombing them with planes no problem :( .  

I feel your pain, however I believe the best way to deal with it is writing a script that detects if there are a lot of planes and artillery going on.  Then spawn an appropriate response against them.  One squadron of four Buzzards will make short work of the planes in the air.  For the artillery you could paradrop like a dozen AT's or sent a squadron of four CAS towards it.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of artillery or air to ground , but if you do it to exessive the fun gets sucked out of liberation

A big thanks to zbug and the others that created this mission!

After grabbing and modifying an RHS port of the mission, it's been the foundation for a unique experience in our community and we've had a ton of positive feedback from the people playing it.  It seems to play nicely with a lot of other mods that we use and if time permits I'll look in to extending some of the features based on the needs of the community I play with.  For the time being though, we've never had so much fun liberating Altis and will be liberating one of the other terrains we've ported soon!

For the curious, we're running ACE, RHS, a bunch of the CUP addons, MELB, TFR and a few others.  I'm happy to try to assist anyone that's trying to get the mission to work with things like these, and can share the terrains we've ported.

• Like 3

Can you share the classnames.sqf? for RHS ai, build stuff. 

Can you share the classnames.sqf? for RHS ai, build stuff. 

I didn't assemble this one myself, but has worked for us on the recent RHS builds.   http://pastebin.com/7KPx8pnU

I commented out some code for a few units from other addons, the rest of this should strictly be RHS and default Arma 3 stuff though.

I didn't assemble this one myself, but has worked for us on the recent RHS builds.   http://pastebin.com/7KPx8pnU

I commented out some code for a few units from other addons, the rest of this should strictly be RHS and default Arma 3 stuff though.

Thanks! uhm, you wouldnt happen to have a mission.sqm for takistan would ya? :P Even with the markers only partially placed. The Takistan one in the wiki only has the entire altis markers copy pasted but not placed yet, its still in the outline of altis. But anyway im gonna start placing the markers myself now, but if you already have one for takistan that would save time :P no point in doing something already done.

EDIT: Oops. The mission.sqm from the takistan port github works. ignore this

Hello,

I ran into couple of Issue.

-When in Commander Zeus mode I would create mortar crew but however the issue is that I can't make him fire his mortar unless I make him a squad member.

-When trying to transport mortar it is impossible. You can fold the mortar and take it but you can't unfold it. Also it impossible to carry the 2nd bag that came with the mortar being folded.

-Several useful Zeus stuff is not being able to be used such as making the helicopter land with a team in it while in Commander Zeus mode. 

-Can you also possibly put in a way to delete crew vehicles that get stuck. AI tend to get stuck somewhere quite often.

Thanks, Armeritan

Small bug. The numerical values do not coincide with the correct difficulty levels in the mission_params.hpp file:

class Difficulty {
title = $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY;
values[] = { 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 2, 4, 10 }; 
texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY1, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY2, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY3, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY4, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY5, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY6, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY7, $STR_PARAMS_DIFFICULTY8 };
default = 1;

Changing default to 1.25 doesn't change difficulty to "moderate", it stays at "normal". Changing default to 1.5 doesn't change to "hard" it changes to "extreme".

Hello,

I ran into couple of Issue.

-When in Commander Zeus mode I would create mortar crew but however the issue is that I can't make him fire his mortar unless I make him a squad member.

-When trying to transport mortar it is impossible. You can fold the mortar and take it but you can't unfold it. Also it impossible to carry the 2nd bag that came with the mortar being folded.

-Several useful Zeus stuff is not being able to be used such as making the helicopter land with a team in it while in Commander Zeus mode. 

-Can you also possibly put in a way to delete crew vehicles that get stuck. AI tend to get stuck somewhere quite often.

Thanks, Armeritan

Some help with Number 3 would be nice. I can't get a helicopter to either land, or unload a seperate squad that's inside of it, without telling the pilot to get out. And that just defeats the purpose of a fast insertion/exit if the helicopter can't quickly drop everyone off, then fly back to base.