zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Couple of suggestions after countless hours of having fun:

- Make each artillery shell/reload cost a lot of ammo. As it is right now you just park the arty near ammo truck an just own the map... Same with airplanes/helicopters

or

- Make an option in preferences to disable artillery computer to make things a bit more difficult

or

- Both

- Make it more difficult and random as it becomes repetitive (as it is now i can play this mission solo with the help of AI on very difficult settings and aggro on max)

- Integrate ACE3/RHS/Alive as a huge chunk of the community uses this mods as an integral part of their game (not me). You can see by the comments that every 5th or 4th is asking about it.

Personally I would create a hunt squad to go after the artillery once it is on the map for a set amount of time.

So you are blasting a village for the past 5 minutes, k the ai spawns aircraft, paratroopers etc... especially to go destroy the artillery.  That way you can use the artillery but you need to keep in mind ... something is coming ...

I think Artillery computer off would be the safer option or longer reload time per shell.

Also depending on your human player count and play style you might not ever use it.

Couple of suggestions after countless hours of having fun:

- Make each artillery shell/reload cost a lot of ammo. As it is right now you just park the arty near ammo truck an just own the map... Same with airplanes/helicopters

or

- Make an option in preferences to disable artillery computer to make things a bit more difficult

or

- Both

- Make it more difficult and random as it becomes repetitive (as it is now i can play this mission solo with the help of AI on very difficult settings and aggro on max)

- Integrate ACE3/RHS/Alive as a huge chunk of the community uses this mods as an integral part of their game (not me). You can see by the comments that every 5th or 4th is asking about it.

1. I use Ace Mod as well. It adds a lot of realism to the gameplay. Heal All with PAK doesn't seem to work, MayB something with the revive.

2. Does anyone else become injured when taking load out from arsenal? Ever time If I change uniform, I cannot run, healing at medtruck

doesn't fixit, but is OK after u fire the Compact Launcher, Respawn same load out =no injury too. ( Arsenal damages in other missions too.)

Just wanted to say thanks to the mission makers again for one of the best sandbox missions in ArmA3 :wub:

Two of the groups I game with use this as their standard server mission, with a few edits done by yours truly to incorporate mods.

Really looking forward to the next update.

Got a question I forgot to add earlier, its probably already been asked but after skimming through several pages I can't seem to find the right answer... Is there a way to edit the accuracy of the AI? Some of the people I game with have been having some minor rage issues with insane enemy AI shooting. For example: You enter a building and in the far corner is an enemy soldier laying prone facing away from you, by the time you move your crosshairs the AI has already snapped around and killed you with a headshot. Lowering the accuracy might help reduce this issue, right?

1. I use Ace Mod as well. It adds a lot of realism to the gameplay. Heal All with PAK doesn't seem to work, MayB something with the revive.

2. Does anyone else become injured when taking load out from arsenal? Ever time If I change uniform, I cannot run, healing at medtruck

doesn't fixit, but is OK after u fire the Compact Launcher, Respawn same load out =no injury too. ( Arsenal damages in other missions too.)

The Ace3 FastRoping would be a nice addition, It is Supposed to work on ArmA 3 vanilla Helis by default.

IDK if hummingbird does this in .921 a configuration would be cool.

Hey everyone, just to repeat what was said a few pages back, and say a bit more on what's been going on:

The current plan is to release a 1.0 "rather quickly", and the only thing that's absolutely mandatory for me to call it a 1.0 is more secondary objectives. 4 or 5 would be good enough, and the 3rd is already almost done.

There's no point suggesting major overhauls of the mission, because I won't be doing them. A few features look easy enough to squeeze in, thus why hostile artillery and paradrops are on the short list, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I always value everyone's feedback and ideas, however you have to see it from my point of view: with so few man hours to spend, I have to pick carefully. If you're the only one reporting your issue, chances are it's on your side. If you're the only one suggesting a feature, chances are it won't benefit that many players  in the end. (I go by the vote count on trello vs the effort needed to do a feature, by the way). Stop telling me most people play with RHS so I'm required to do an RHS port, I can see from the server list that a lot of people do, but not the majority, and certainly not "everyone". And on top of that, you can do it yourself.

The reason for the drop in time invested and the end of weekly releases is very simple: my group and I aren't playing Arma anymore. The last time I played online with a few real persons was mid january. And after many years spent on this series (since OFP for some, including me), I can understand why people are burning out. However that means I can't playtest new versions properly. v0.922 has been ready for quite a while now, but I can't take the risk to release a buggy version and have to deal with critical issues popping up left and right. It happened in the past, and let me tell you how happy I am that the current v0.921 has no such major issue and people aren't coming in droves to report corrupted savegames and so on.

From what I can see on public servers, on other groups' forums, in their youtube videos and so on, in its current state liberation is already providing a solid 250 to 300 hours of persistent campaign fun to various player groups around the world. That's already a lot more than I hoped for. Sure it could always be better, sure I could likely do everything you suggest (most of it are very good ideas), but that would cost many more man-hours than I'm willing to put into this. It's just not fun anymore. Of course I'd see it differently if I could still play, but that's the way things are.

So you're getting a 1.0 in the coming weeks, depending on when I can test (but I'll play on a local dedicated if that's what it takes). However if you want more than that, you'll have to do it yourself. Not kidding, arma scripting is easy, and you can do whatever you want with my code. I'd be happy to see someone start the fork that aims to be liberation but a lot better, really.

Also with the next version you get a lot more of easy scripting options to replace and extend the original classnames with whatever mods you like. You can still only play BLUFOR units I'm afraid, but that's exactly the kind of major overhaul I don't want to get into right now.

Is there a way to edit the accuracy of the AI? Some of the people I game with have been having some minor rage issues with insane enemy AI shooting. For example: You enter a building and in the far corner is an enemy soldier laying prone facing away from you, by the time you move your crosshairs the AI has already snapped around and killed you with a headshot. Lowering the accuracy might help reduce this issue, right?

The script you want is scripts\shared\set_skill.sqf

What you describe is more about "aimingspeed" than "aimingaccuracy" but you can modify whatever you want until it fits you

This totally looks like you're overloaded rather than wounded. The respawn loadout feature might have that old bug which gives you one less rocket than you should have, making you just light enough to move. Either use lighter loadouts, or disable the stamina system altogether in the mission options

While  you're obviously right to an extent, this is a huge bias. Comments asking for something are made by people who have something to ask, and the majority of players are just content to play the mission and never say anything about it :)

I use the server list to really see what's happening, and while there are definitely a good number of ACE3/RHS/Alive servers, it's still a small minority. The good news is, you can easily modify the mission to add any mods you want, and that's what the admins of those servers have been doing (and I've been talking with quite a few of them about it since the first release)

Making those mods mandatory by default would make the mission unplayable out of the box for the vast majority of players. I could totally do dual versions (vanilla and modded), but then I'd have to spend the time to manage those dual versions, keep up with the updates and changes and so on, and I'm already short on time !

Quick question. I'm trying to add a builder unit into the game that can place and edit objects to setup FOB a little nicer. Every Game Master I make doesn't have the ability to place objects and I can't find where you set that in the code.

Any direction on where to find this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for making such an amazing mission and I can't wait to see future updates.

Just so you know, if you allow people to move objects with Zeus, they'll be able to move any troops and vehicles over any distance, so you have to be okay with that :)

If that's not an issue then, scripts\server\game\zeus_synchro.sqf, remove lines 43 to 47 or set parameters to zero instead of -1e8

Also I think if you create an object in a FOB and then move it with unlimited Zeus, that movement won't be saved, the object will go back to its original position after server restart

my headless clients keep crashing once mission tries to transfer ownership, i've no idea why  :wacko:  sometimes it works fine, but most of the time they crash  :(

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188671-headless-client-disconnects-once-mission-starts/

Definitely an Arma v1.56 issue that will be solved at some point. I agree that's a bummer though.

Zbug, I was trying to figure out how you control difficulty in the spawns at each sector.  I eventually found myself in manage_one_sector.sqf.  In there I find

That's some of the oldest scripts in liberation, one I'd totally rewrite if I had time and courage to do so. There's no real reason for having the 4 defender squads that way, it just... works, kinda. As for the rest you're proposing, see my post above ;) So many things I'd like to see, too, but not enough time and motivation.

The main issue I think is that when the pitch of your mission is "a dynamic persistent coop cti campaign for Arma 3", you can work all your life and never get it finished. There'll always be something more you can do to make it better, more complete. Of course I'm being extreme here because I could totally do a lot more features in the next six months if I wanted to, but you see what I mean here, it's more about putting the limit somewhere to say "okay guys, the mission's done, that's all I'm willing to do", than wondering about which or which feature ought to be in since there's no limit to how many features you and your players can come up with.

• Like 3

Completly understand your reasoning, as a fellow dev I know coding in your day job and then coding at home can be very straining.  Better to call it finished and rest up then getting burned out.  Your mission is great enough, the ai could use a little tweak, but I'm sure others will figure that out somehow.  Me personally am throwing my own little thing together, not even sure if I'll even get it finished.  Lot's of good ideas so little time to implement them.

nice work zbug, 

We opened two server for liberation

1 without mod

and the second run with RHS, ACE & C3B BAF ( info for: hipperion)

i don't know what will change in the update 1.0

but i'm looking for remove all the info on the right side ( we need it for make video of your mission)

if you know the file / line for disable or remove it would be helpfull.

for people interested to join us

server withoutmod : airsoft-provence.com  port 2322

server with mod : airsoft-provence.com  port 2302

ts: wah-games.org

• Like 1

Thx for this great mission, but i am wondering how we can lock the 'commander" slot for the "Admin" only in dedicated server

ZBug I do have a particular question for you: Why did you decide to make your own sector mechanic instead of using the one from.

How do you simulate the sectors conceptually ?  Is their a global loop looping all the sectors constantly or are the sectors able to intercept events if a player comes near them ?  I'm just in likewise concept stage trying to create a mechanic to spawn sectors.

but i'm looking for remove all the info on the right side ( we need it for make video of your mission)

I'll add the ingame option to have the UI at the right or bottom of the screen, or remove it altogether

Thx for this great mission, but i am wondering how we can lock the 'commander" slot for the "Admin" only in dedicated server

Use the White List .sqf file that's in the mission..

The whitelist could help indeed, but it also lacks the option to restrict the commander slot to the server admin, which I'll add

ZBug I do have a particular question for you: Why did you decide to make your own sector mechanic instead of using the one from.

How do you simulate the sectors conceptually ?  Is their a global loop looping all the sectors constantly or are the sectors able to intercept events if a player comes near them ?  I'm just in likewise concept stage trying to create a mechanic to spawn sectors.

It's just a loop that checks for the presence of blufor units around each sector. Since I don't know how costly that is, it's good to know that the loop will slow down if server performance isn't good enough

It does cause an issue on some servers where players will get to the center of a town before the server even notices it has to spawn something, but I've only ever noticed that on servers that were running below 5 fps, which may or may not be due to the several other instances of exile and wasteland running on the same host

If your mission has 100% human players you could offload that to the clients, making them tell the server when they're entering a sector. In liberation that wouldn't work because of the blufor ai units, or rather because the commander is able to attack sectors with only ai forces and no human around

Hello,

Zbug your mission is just great.  ^_^

I thank you for having done.

We are a group of 10 regular players on your mission. But lacked for the commander the ability to assign tasks. 

If you make updates we can retrieve backups?

Good continuation

:ph34r:   I tried taking less of a loadout..Im still being crippled. Ill keep looking for which item does this. But respawn does not cure it "either" :ph34r:

:ph34r:   I tried taking less of a loadout..Im still being crippled. Ill keep looking for which item does this. But respawn does not cure it "either" :ph34r:

"Well  Well"-After several tryouts I found you are correct ZBug. Very tricky bause the load indicator was saying plenty of room, but 1 less compact mprl rocket  fixed everything.  NP

• Like 1

How difficult would it be to port this to other maps with different enemy ai?

Hey I'm having problems controlling the Darter or UGV's. I have tried each of the three terminals loaded into my GPS slot but I get nothing in the scroll menu to connect. Anyone else having this problem or am I missing something?

As i understand only medics and engineers can revive/repair. Is there any way to allow all classes to revive/repair?

Thanks!

As i understand only medics and engineers can revive/repair. Is there any way to allow all classes to revive/repair?

Thanks!

Everyone can revive if you take a medikit with you and enable that in the server parameters.  A FAK should work as well

Hey I'm having problems controlling the Darter or UGV's. I have tried each of the three terminals loaded into my GPS slot but I get nothing in the scroll menu to connect. Anyone else having this problem or am I missing something?

Take off your backpack then add the UAV terminal and then a backpack.

Its not this mission related have seen this bug in other missions.

• Like 1

2mSqMXzE.jpg

Thank you guys for this huge CTI, and yes our clan enjoyed. ;)

We have played in vanilla configuration and we have not encountered any major bugs.

• Like 3

Is there any other guide on how to handle ai mates in this mission than the wiki and tutorial?

We are playing this mission since a few hours, but there are still a few things unclear:

1. Is there any vehicle, apart from the Huron, that we can buy and use as an mhq/spawn?

2. How can we control the blufor ai that we hire? They first join our squad when bought, but after leaving the server, they don't join our squad. Only thing I managed to do was to send them somewhere or let them guard an area as commander by using the Zeus interface. We would like them to join our squad again.

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet mit Tapatalk

Does anyone have an RHS version they are willing to share? I hate CSAT with a passion. I've started working on a conversion, but it will take many hours to complete and if someone already has done the work....