zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hello Community!

Because we had a lot of fun in the last months, I would say, that we have to reward the creator of the mission! I'll make a donation of 20€ and would also like you to do the same (You don't have to pay the same amount of money (20€)).

Consider yourself, how much time, energy and work is taken for such a project.
  • Like 1

@zbug can you limit FOB's about config ( 1,2,3 or 4) pleas and do you have a PayPal account

Do you mean to limit the amount of FOBs you can have deployed at the same time?

Hello Community!

Because we had a lot of fun in the last months, I would say, that we have to reward the creator of the mission! I'll make a donation of 20€ and would also like you to do the same (You don't have to pay the same amount of money (20€)).

Consider yourself, how much time, energy and work is taken for such a project.

That's very kind of you and I sincerely appreciate the gesture. However I can't accept it for several good reasons. I'm not the only person who worked on liberation, especially if you include all the scripts that other people have authorized me to use for free (see the thanks list in the first post of the thread). Even without that, I'd have to split with the person who did most of the graphics elements (McKeewa), and all our group of people who playtested the mission, without whom it wouldn't even have existed. While no one would argue that I've put the most effort in this, I'd still have to split fairly. 20€ wouldn't cause any drama, however if many people start donating (I can only hope :D), it would quickly become an issue.

So if you really want to send money as a token of your gratitude, I appreciate that a lot, and I kindly suggest you send the same amount to the charity of my choice, which is Medecins Sans Frontières

• Like 1

Do you mean to limit the amount of FOBs you can have deployed at the same time?

That's very kind of you and I sincerely appreciate the gesture. However I can't accept it for several good reasons. I'm not the only person who worked on liberation, especially if you include all the scripts that other people have authorized me to use for free (see the thanks list in the first post of the thread). Even without that, I'd have to split with the person who did most of the graphics elements (McKeewa), and all our group of people who playtested the mission, without whom it wouldn't even have existed. While no one would argue that I've put the most effort in this, I'd still have to split fairly. 20€ wouldn't cause any drama, however if many people start donating (I can only hope :D), it would quickly become an issue.

So if you really want to send money as a token of your gratitude, I appreciate that a lot, and I kindly suggest you send the same amount to the charity of my choice, which is Medecins Sans Frontières

Yas i mean to limit the amount of FOBs and I have 20 € donated to the organization

• Like 1

Hello zbug,

I followed the guide about how to port Liberation mission to a new map.

I did follow that guide and I was able to port Liberation 0.921 to Bornholm.

Everything is fine , except that at the beginning I am not able to deploy neither to the LHD nor the FOB ( if parameter "First FOB already built" is set to enabled).

I am stuck on a small island and I can only set the permissions....

Dont know what to look for, to enable the deploy option.

Any suggestion ?

Basically the Deploy option doesent appear at the beginning of the game.

I can send you the mission file if you want.

Thanks

Would love another weather system use but how can I disable the original????  :huh:

Hello zbug,

I followed the guide about how to port Liberation mission to a new map.

I did follow that guide and I was able to port Liberation 0.921 to Bornholm.

Everything is fine , except that at the beginning I am not able to deploy neither to the LHD nor the FOB ( if parameter "First FOB already built" is set to enabled).

I am stuck on a small island and I can only set the permissions....

Dont know what to look for, to enable the deploy option.

Any suggestion ?

I can send you the mission file if you want.

Thanks

When you're not getting the deploy screen, that means the mission failed to initialize in some way. If you show script errors or have a look into your rpt files, you'll have a lot more info about what's going wrong. I'd bet on a punctuation mistake in classnames.sqf ;)

I'd love to help more, unfortunately I really don't have time. Put it another way, any help I'd give to modders would delay the progress on the main version

Would love another weather system use but how can I disable the original????  :huh:

The weather scripts are manage_weather.sqf both on the server and client, if you remove those from the init scripts you'll be able to do whatever you want, starting from the vanilla weather system

• Like 1

Hallo zbug,

i want to blacklist some items from the Arsenal, but i can´t get your list working.

If i Add some items they are still in the Arsenal.

We play with TFAR and i want to disable all Radios except one. So you cant choose the wrong ones.

I also want to disable the wrong UAV terminals. There is only one that works.

I add:

"tf_anprc148jem",
"tf_anprc152",
"tf_anprc154",
"tf_fadak",
"tf_microdagr",
"tf_pnr1000a",
"tf_rf7800str",
"tf_mr3000",
"tf_mr3000_multicam",
"tf_mr3000_rhs",
"tf_mr6000l",
"tf_anprc155",
"tf_anprc155_coyote",
"tf_anarc164",
"tf_rt1523g",
"tf_rt1523g_big",
"tf_rt1523g_black",
"tf_rt1523g_fabric",
"tf_rt1523g_green",
"tf_rt1523g_rhs",
"tf_rt1523g_sage",
"tf_anarc210",
"O_UavTerminal",
"I_UavTerminal"

to your list in the classnames.sqf but it didnt work.

Any suggestions what i did wrong?

Hallo zbug,

i want to blacklist some items from the Arsenal, but i can´t get your list working.

The blacklist only works for backpack items because otherwise it would cause horrible performances issues. When the blacklist was allowed for everything the arsenal would take 10 to 15 seconds to open depending on how many mods you had, freezing the game at the same time.

However in the upcoming version you'll be able to determine exactly what you want to see in the arsenal, so that should solve your issue

• Like 1

Thx for the answer.

two more questions:

Do think of integrating the CUP Vehicle LHD? Its almost the same as the ATLAS LHD.

Cup integrated the mod into there package and develop it further. The Atlas mod is not continued.

It would be really nice if the mission could, look if ATLAS or CUP is running and use the one activated.

Where is the Position of the Huron stored in the mission? I want to change the position on the Carrier to get a free runway, but this is the only thing i couldnt find. ( all others i can move in the editor)

I believe this is what you are looking for in the file called huron_manager.sqf:  Mine is modified for the Nimitz

if ( GRLIB_isAtlasPresent ) then {
            huron = huron_typename createVehicle (getmarkerpos "ghost_spot");
            huron enableSimulationGlobal false;
            huron allowdamage false;
            huron setDir 0;
            //huron setposasl [(getpos lhd select 0) -9, (getpos lhd select 1) + 62, (18.5   + (getposasl lhd select 2))];
            huron setposasl [(getpos lhd select 0) +25, (getpos lhd select 1) -20, (18.5   + (getposasl lhd select 2))];

Vengeance

Ok so i have been in the process of porting this to takistan only problem i am haveing right now is when the sectors are spawned no defenders are placed into the buildings troops spawn in the center of the marker and thats it even tried manipulating the script to add more deffenders and still nothing

Hello good evening, I would like to know who put the enemies to attack conquered cities . Only they attack me the FOB and when I try to win some big cities . I have put the easy difficulty and aggressiveness of csat butt . a greeting

Excellent work zbug, our team has been enjoying this for months! Thank you and your group for the hard work that makes this mission so fun!

• Like 1

Zbug, I was trying to figure out how you control difficulty in the spawns at each sector.  I eventually found myself in manage_one_sector.sqf.  In there I find

_squad1 = [];
_squad2 = [];
_squad3 = [];
_squad4 = [];

Any reason why you hardcoded this to only four squads ?  wouldn't a multidimensional array of 1 ... n squads work as well ?  If you play at a higher difficulty more squads could spawn in the sector.

I was just looking at this cause atm I do not see a reason to use ammunition, k you can spawn a tank or jet, but in the sector there is barely one or two vehicles that you can easly kill with RPG's.  If you play carefully and keep the alert level below 50% you hardly get into real trouble liberating a sector.

I was contemplating making something that if the players spawned a tank or jet, appropriate defenses would spawn to counter it.  For example I spawn a tank, then next sector I attack will be defended by several armored vehicles.  I did see some code where you increase the infantry defenses against tanks though.  But that still just put the fight from tank to inf, instead of possible epic tank vs tank fights.  If I spawn an A-10 , I would expect to find some more anti air vehicles around the sectors defending the airspace, maybe even get some counter jets on my ass.  At higher alert levels jets do spawn if I read all the code right, but again if you keep it below 50% you never get into real trouble.

Maybe add something that you can lower alert level, but not keep it permanent at below 50%, like diminishing returns on secondary missions, or that with each secondary mission you do a part of the alert level can never be decreased again.  After all , after you capture enough of the enemy , he should be aware you are there right and the alert level should be 100% all the time.  I dunno if it makes sense gameplay wise, but atm it seems a bit to easy to complete the mission (except that it will take a lot of time)

Just some thoughts after playing the weekend on it with a friend , 2 vs AI

im having accuracy problem. although the difficulty is set to normal, it looks like accuracy of all AI is about zero or 0.1. Where can i look at AI accuracy settings in mission?

EDIT: problem solved, sorry.

@Swiso did you transfer it into eden i found that when you try copy and paste from eden it adds a one to the begining of the name of the LHD And Chimera marker which throws the script totally off you have to copy and paste everything while in the 2D editor then import the saved mission in 3D editor only way i have got it to work i just star a new mission in 2D editor on bornholm save then open the original Grueh  in 2D editor Gather all the markers Copy now open Your saved Born Map Paste MAKE SURE YOU SET A PLAYER Charecter or eden wont load the Mission now save and Import you saved Born Mission into eden check LHD and Chimera should have No _1 after name now just proceed like usual 

PS if anyone want i am porting this to all sorts of maps Takistan is in works right now let me know if there are any islands people would want to play and hopefully when i can figure out how ill share them alll with everyone

• Like 2

Brilliant, one of the best I have played in Arma.

• Like 1

Now we are all waiting for the update  :D  :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

Quick question. I'm trying to add a builder unit into the game that can place and edit objects to setup FOB a little nicer. Every Game Master I make doesn't have the ability to place objects and I can't find where you set that in the code.

Any direction on where to find this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for making such an amazing mission and I can't wait to see future updates.

How is RHS implemented into the mission?

Want to add it in but about 30% tru the island, have a load of noobs and want to show them mods :o

EDIT nm Mission finds RHS weapons in the Arsenal and some vehicles in the build options.

Isnt that handy :)

Couple of suggestions after countless hours of having fun:

- Make each artillery shell/reload cost a lot of ammo. As it is right now you just park the arty near ammo truck an just own the map... Same with airplanes/helicopters

or

- Make an option in preferences to disable artillery computer to make things a bit more difficult

or

- Both

- Make it more difficult and random as it becomes repetitive (as it is now i can play this mission solo with the help of AI on very difficult settings and aggro on max)

- Integrate ACE3/RHS/Alive as a huge chunk of the community uses this mods as an integral part of their game (not me). You can see by the comments that every 5th or 4th is asking about it.