zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

All I can say is : GREAT MISSION ! 

I have a server on 24/7 for coop with my friends and it's awesome.

Edited some more basebuilding classnames in and added the ability for zeus to actually delete objects in case something goes wrong ...

PLEASE don't give up on this mission it's what i've been looking for since arma 3 release.

I used to edit my own which was a TvT CTI mode but for coop this works better and has way better performance.

What we really need are some more sidemissions they are so much fun.

Btw can you tell me where i have to look if i want to add more vehicle/milbase capture dependencies ? cause there are still some mil bases that could be unlocking some jets and stuff.

rgrds

Hello Guys,

if anyone is interested in running a dedicated Windows Server of this and want to automaticly restart the Server once a Day you can use this Powershell Script i modified for this.

Credits belong to the Author of this little Script -> # Scripted by Pierre Breau (Pierre.Breau@BreauTech.com)

This Powershellscript can be autorun via taskplaner in Windows to restart your TADST configured Arma3Server.

cls

# This script is used to stop/start arma 3 server, set this to run as a task
# Scripted by Pierre Breau (Pierre.Breau@BreauTech.com)

# Kill Arma3Server
# detects all arma3server processes and stop them (including the headless clients)
get-process arma3server | stop-process

# Now start the arma 3 server
#Arma3Server Configuration taken from TADST
##################################################
$Arma3Server = "E:\A3Server\A3Master\arma3server.exe" #Path to the Arma3Server.exe

#Take Configuration from the Parameters Line in TADST and put it here, just modifiy the single brackets to double brackets ("") like in this example
$Arma3ServerParameters = " -port=2302 ""-config=E:\A3Server\A3Master\TADST\TholdiesLiberation0920\TADST_config.cfg"" ""-cfg=E:\A3Server\A3Master\TADST\TholdiesLiberation0920\TADST_basic.cfg""  ""-profiles=E:\A3Server\A3Master\TADST\TholdiesLiberation0920"" -name=TholdiesLiberation0920 -filePatching ""-mod="" -enableHT -autoinit"

#Starting the Arma3Server
Start-Process $Arma3Server $Arma3ServerParameters
Start-Sleep -s 60 # wait for 60 seconds before starting the rest

#Headless Client configuration
# Using 3 Headless Clients as this seems to be max in this Mission
###############################
#HC1
$arma3hc1 = "E:\A3Server\A3Master\arma3server.exe"
$arma3hc1parameters = "E:\A3Server\A3Master\arma3server.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -password=***** -client nosound ""-mod="" -enableHT -autoinit"
#HC2
$arma3hc2 = "E:\A3Server\A3Master\arma3server.exe"
$arma3hc2parameters = "E:\A3Server\A3Master\arma3server.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -password=***** -client nosound ""-mod="" -enableHT -autoinit"
#HC3
$arma3hc3 = "E:\A3Server\A3Master\arma3server.exe"
$arma3hc3parameters = "E:\A3Server\A3Master\arma3server.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -password=***** -client nosound ""-mod="" -enableHT -autoinit"

#Start HC CLients
Start-Process $arma3hc1 $arma3hc1parameters
Start-Sleep -s 60
Start-Process $arma3hc2 $arma3hc2parameters
Start-Sleep -s 60
Start-Process $arma3hc3 $arma3hc3parameters

Hello guys, 

my name is rckiller from a portuguese comunity..

we have problems with compatiblity between ACE and Liberation...  Any help on that? 

Thank you for help. 

Hey ZBug thanks for the awesome mission.

We've been trying to change the enemy forces over to RHS AFRF, but are having a problem adding the URAL and GAZ66 trucks to the Ammo hauler table. Is there some guidance you could give on locating the correct x,y,z co-ords to use in the list? Do you know of an easy/quick way to test the locations to ensure they're correct?

Thanks again for the awesome mission!

I get this error when I load the mission: 18:53:43 No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C_Van_01_transport_F.vehicleClass'.

Is it possible to have the player markers stay on the map and say turn red when you have been shot/killed but not respawned 

Noted here

enemy reinforcements as a paras drop (enemy chopper drops paras soldiers).

Good idea, noted for later

Did someone made a CUP Version of this already?

We are playing with the CUP mods and i try to get this mission working with it.

As far as I understand the WASP carrier is the same as the one CUP uses.

So it would be cool, if i could use this one and dont have to download the atlas mod.

Anybody ideas how to change it?

I didn't look into CUP yet, your best option to get the LHD working is to look into atlas_manager.sqf, hoping the carrier elements are similar enough

Hey zbug thank you for solving the 2 point really appreciate that.

Regarding the 1 first point - any ETA ?  

No ETA as it's unlikely to make it into the 1.0 shortlist (which is only either things that the mission really needs at the moment like more secondary objectives, or very small changes that can be done in a few minutes)

Zbug, are you still planning on adding the FIA faction at some point or is this being trimmed from 1.0. It is the feature I was looking forward to the most.

I would also like to suggest that radio towers possibly drop the enemy alert level a bit (disruption of communications) as a way to lower threat some amount without doing side missions. Given the limited number of towers on the map and the one time nature of capturing them, I would suggest maybe that capturing a tower lowers threat by 25% of the current value.

Something else I want to suggest is possibly a resistance/FIA player mode.

You start with a very limited set of gear in the arsenal (5.56 only) and can only build FOB trucks, technicals, pickups, flatbeds, and Zamaks at the start. Bases unlock CSAT or AAF vehicles for use when captured. Enemies are opfor resistance and AAF, with CSAT as the heaviest presence in the more occupied areas.

Objectives as they are now, with the possibility of CSAT roadblocks being added at major intersections or high traffic areas.

Possibly a script that adds new items to the arsenal through collection (ie, you put 20 Katibas in a crate. The crate eats them and they become whitelisted for your use in the normal Arsenal).

Can spend Intelligence on NATO assistance (Airstrikes, supply drops, Arty barrages, etc) in the event you do not have these capabilities yourself.

Lots of great ideas but unfortunately nothing the mission really needs to be considered fully playable. Either I'll do that if/when I come back to the mission later on (and I'll make no promise on that, not saying there's no chance at all either), or someone else will take charge and do it (you don't need my permission for that)

Edit: also if resistance is your type of gameplay you can have a look into antistasi altis

Btw can you tell me where i have to look if i want to add more vehicle/milbase capture dependencies ?

You can add your unlockable stuff into "elite_vehicles_extension" in classnames_extension.sqf. The unlocks are generated at the start of the campaign and then saved so you'd have to start a new campaign to see your changes have an effect

Is there some guidance you could give on locating the correct x,y,z co-ords to use in the list? Do you know of an easy/quick way to test the locations to ensure they're correct?

The way I've been doing it, you open the mission editor, move the player unit away from any fob or sector, put a truck of the wanted type and a few vehicle ammo crates there, and test until it works fine. Each time you click "save" in the editor the mission will load the latest version of your changes, so you don't have to reload the mission, only click "save" then "preview" every time. I agree it's ungrateful work but it also gives a weird sense of satisfaction where your crates finally fit just fine :P

I didn't look into CUP yet, your best option to get the LHD working is to look into atlas_manager.sqf, hoping the carrier elements are similar enough

thx for the answer.

Right now i am working on replacing it.

it is the same model, i could replace everything with the cup names and could get it running on my local machine with CUP.

At the moment i doesnt work on our server, but i think its a linux based problem with upper case letters. Working on it.

Maybe u could make a check wheter ATLAS or CUP is present. Many Clans have CUP already in there Repository so they could spare one mod.

Thank u very much for this great mission, it is so user friendly customizable. :)

everything is really good documented. I dont have any clue about scripting in Arma but i could change everything i wanted so far.

Thanks.

No feedback to be made.

Just cheering up for Zbug \o/

Can't wait the final version to play the full campaign again.

Keep up the good work man !

First of, great mission zbug.

One question tho...

I'm trying to port Liberation to lingor island, so far everything works except for "Vehicles unlocked through military base control" markers. First marker is named "military" then second military1 and so on. The problem is that mission assigns markers only to bases named "miliraty", "military8" and "military3", that's it. No more markers apear. Leftover markers can be seen in the lower right part of map near "server FPS" marker.

Please help.

Nevermind, I deleted the savegame and restarted the mision and now everything works fine.

Discovered the mission recently and its quite a blast. Thanks for sharing it with us.

There is something I would like to propose regarding the AI sector spawns.

I have made some searches within this thread, and if I am correct, the OPFOR spawn only occurs :

1. when there is BLUFOR within the sector area
  2. after a given time to avoid useless spawns
  3. dependent of the number of BLUFOR in presence

I feel this system works quite fine for infantry and light motorized assaults. However this make recon, CAS and preventive artillery not very usefull and almost dangerous for ground troops.

Would it be possible to add a feature where you could select a town/sector you are planning to attack, and when selected, makes the unit spawn in advance in the chosen sector ?

I believe it would improve variety of attacks without disrupting the performance or gameplay. Sniper team would be able to do long range support and laser targeting, Scorchers could scorch away, CAS would actually have targets to hit, recon UAVs would make sense.

What do you think ?

Would it be possible to add a feature where you could select a town/sector you are planning to attack, and when selected, makes the unit spawn in advance in the chosen sector ?

I believe it would improve variety of attacks without disrupting the performance or gameplay. Sniper team would be able to do long range support and laser targeting, Scorchers could scorch away, CAS would actually have targets to hit, recon UAVs would make sense.

What do you think ?

The good news is that a UAV can trigger a zone. What our group will do fairly often is fly a drone over an area and have it loiter. This keeps the area active, even if all the friendly units go down. It also give us the ability to laze targets for CAS, or do an occasional mortar strike.

I personally wouldn't want towns to manually trigger, as this would stop some situations where we've planned poorly and instigated multiple towns at once. Those end up being some of the best fights we've had.

I personally wouldn't want towns to manually trigger, as this would stop some situations where we've planned poorly and instigated multiple towns at once. Those end up being some of the best fights we've had.

The idea is not to replace the current system. I see this like a way to plan an attack while offering various ways to use support teams.

Let's say you want to target a specific sector, you choose it on the map and mark it as the current BLUFOR target. This makes the ennemy spawn in the given sector, you can then dispatch your long distance recon team equipped with laser targeting pods, then they can provide valuable artillery target and so on. This would not be a way to avoid sector trigger mistakes as any other sector would automatically spawn thanks to the current system.

However in a way it could simplify the assault as you could shell the life out of the sector then walk in and cap it easily. A way to counter this would be to share the intel of the imminent attack with the ennemy, like its the case when they attack our own sectors. They could dispatch stronger forces to stop the imminent attack.

Or put some kind of penalty for civilians casualties when they are killed in a selected sector.

Meanwhile I reckon that the UAV trick would be sufficient :)

I'm having a problem with the current build of the script (0.921). Anytime I try to build an object, (Ex: cars, tanks, helos, FOB) I get the error stating that "X" objects are within "Y" meters of placement. The problem is that it is detecting the indicator spheres that appear around the object to show where the detection is. It's creating its own obstacle, so to speak. I have modified the classnames.sqf to include several vehicles from CUP. However, I am also having this issue with Vanilla vehicles, not just the mod vehicles. IDK how adding some classnames to the above file could cause such an error. Please help me, I love this game mode and would love to be able to play it with modded vehicles. Thank you for your time.

hey crowmedic, 

we included the cup vehicles and it is working quite well, so its not a problem with these.

Check if u messed up the classnames.sqf if u forget some values the game is not initializing correctly.

The only thing what is making problems for me is the LHD Carrier, i want it to be replaced by the one of Cup. So i dont have to use the ATLAS mod any further.

I got it running on my pc, but not on our server :( 

anyone tried it so far?

How to remove that killed splash screen? Appear 1 sec before got shot. Breaking the immersion cant hear explosion or shots

Zbug, really great mission, loving it from the first play :)

And BTW, has anyone got this mission ported to Chernorus (from CUP Terrains) and is willing to share it ? Would really love to play on Cherno, but I'm lacking in technical skills to manualy port it :(

hi there!

first off, great mission for pure coop cti! i play this mission with my clanmates with mods (rhs,ace,tfar) and is absolutly fun.

though i have a one suggestion. because of the vast arsenal of the rhs mod there are various types of one vehicle. so there should be the possibility to unlock not only one specific "elite" vehicle defined by classname but the whole branch of it depending on the mission progress?

Really good mod. But i have a problem for one reason i cannot play because i cant select where to spawn I only spawn without choosing nothing in the smallest island in the southwest so i cant spawn a FOB etc..

im doing something wrong?

Is anyone else seeing the update 1.56 has borked the mission?  I am getting script error now for

elite_vehicles = elite_vehicles + elite_vehicles_extension;

some reason updated version does not like this anymore and misison will not run.

UPDATE: Self inflected wound.  mission ","

Hi lads! First of all - great mission! Played lot on different servers.

But i got a question - as clan where I play and belong to we play mostly with RHS and ACE3 - and got a question for author and editors of this mission.

How i can fast and properly edit it to use RHS/LOPFOR units instead of csat units and make bluefor use only US man/equipment? Are there propper parameters or i need to manually edit all the classes in missions configs?

Really enjoy playing this mission! 

I do have one question. I've tried adding the USS Nimitz as a second starting position in addition to the LHD for FA-18 support with no avail. Can anyone dig in and share the knowledge :) ?

Not sure if this belongs here but i have an issue.

I host the mission on local but when my friends join it either loads stratis or loads them as a seagull. It basically doesnt load the mission for them.

I think its an amazing mission but i want to play with a couple of mates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I can play other missions with them fine)