zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hello good evening, I have a question since I can change that the enemy AI does not appear in front of me and to change the enemy faction, that is to say instead of the CSAT be different.

A greeting

BWMOD seems to work fine, only the Vehicles couldn`t be bought via Build Menu. Can i adjust the Vehiclebuild List in the PBO File or is this dynamicly created via the installed Mission and mods?

Bug report: when using ACE3 as well, trying to bring up the wind indicator (shift+k) causes the ACE wind indicator and Liberation resource UI to flicker. I presume they're using the same idc or similar, and the flickering is each overriding the other whenever their refresh tick happens.

QUESTION: Any posibility to change units from CSAT to RHS Russian forces?

Yep, open up the .pbo file, edit classnames.sqf and classnames_extensions.sqf to add RHS units/remove CSAT units, repackage it and it's good to go.  Just be very careful with editing the files, they are very sensitive to mistakes and it can break the mission.

A change that might be good for the next version is for surrendered enemies to show up on the map until they are captured.  In the larger towns, usually we just write it off as a no-intel conquer.  Even with someone as Zeus peeking through buildings, it takes a very long time to find anyone in them.  Since on occasion friendly AI's will shoot surrendered enemies (often just as they surrender, but we've seen friendlies on rare times shoot surrendered and captured enemies as we bring them out of a building), you never even know if there is still a survivor to capture at all.

As a stop gap, what we've started doing is editing the mission so that the commander has full Zeus powers, and using the Ares mod which adds a lot of functionality to Zeus.  There's an "add units to Zeus" module which has a variable range.  Once a town is captured, we drop the module on the town, set the radius to 1km, and it'll add civillians and surrendered enemies to Zeus' control, so they are highlighted.  After you've found them, drop a "remove units from Zeus" with the same radius.  The mission will automatically add any friendlies back to the commanders control after a few seconds.  We've done POW sweeps too many times to do it properly any more. :P  

I'll throw a +1 on this. Noticed it last night when we played. Enemy units popped in out of nowhere, within 100m of our squads and mowed a lot of us down. It would seem CSAT has moved on from earthquake machines and straight into teleportation technologies.  :P  :D Happened while taking a Radio Tower objective.

The way Liberation works is it doesn't start spawning in enemies until you get near to an objective.  Depending on how powerful the computer hosting is it can take a few minutes for enemies to spawn.  If your server isn't great or if you move too fast, you can be close to the objective by the time the enemies actually spawn, which looks like they're teleporting in.  I'd suggest getting familiar with how long it takes your server to spawn enemies, and holding back about 600m from an objective for a while.  That, or send a UAV ahead to trigger enemies before you get there.

No worries it's corrected already

Currently the formula for the ammo tick is 4800 seconds reduced by 18% for each base you control with a minimum of 300 seconds. That rule doesn't change with passive income, only instead of a crate spawn (for 100 ammo) you get a flat bonus (35 + random 35 which i just changed to 50 + random 35)

Ammo boxes only appeared in hostile bases with passive income on. I've changed it so that you get a flat bonus (75 + random 50) upon base capture instead.

Awesome, thanks Zbug.

v0.921 is out

Changelog

- FOB headquarters are now invincible, unless the FOB is taken over by hostile forces,

- Passive income will now replace the ammo boxes found in hostile military bases with an ammunition bonus upon base capture,

- Intel should now spawn correctly in hostile military bases (on the ground, but at least it's there),

- Fixed the bug that prevented players from loading ammo crates onto appropriate transport vehicles.

As a sidenote, just know that because of the lack of motivation from my own group to play Arma in general (and Liberation in particular), I may have to push a stable 1.0 out of the door sooner than expected, and maybe come back to it later on.

Great work, but that's sad to hear.  I can understand your group burning out on Arma and the mission, we have too.

I was having an issue with convoy missions where the convoy would spawn, and then had no ammo boxes. Upon going to the spawn in initial point for the convoy, the ammo boxes would all be there on the ground. This was in 920 so I don't know if the fix to crate loading has also fixed this, but figured I would mention it.

I had a look in 0.921 and the trucks were loaded properly, but I only tried it once.

So, my friends and I are loving Liberation, but after 4 months of Altis (3 campaigns during), we've decided to try our hand on Chernarus. Everything works fine in it, but the issue is on FOB's, when deploying them, the spheres are considered obstructing objects, so it won't let me build. Also, it notes that I'm in the build radius even though I'm outside of the circle. 

Thanks for any help you can give, if you need me to do any rpt logs just let me know.

I'm not sure.  I have a few ideas.  If you don't mind, post a link to your Chernarus port and I could take a look at it.

Hello good evening, I have a question since I can change that the enemy AI does not appear in front of me and to change the enemy faction, that is to say instead of the CSAT be different.

A greeting

See above and below.  ;)

BWMOD seems to work fine, only the Vehicles couldn`t be bought via Build Menu. Can i adjust the Vehiclebuild List in the PBO File or is this dynamicly created via the installed Mission and mods?

You'll need to edit classnames.sqf and classnames_extensions.sqf to add or remove units to the build list.  The mission adds some RHS units and some from Leights Opfor pack dynamically if the mods are active, but other mods need to be added manually.

• Like 1

For those who are interested, i ported Liberation on Chernarus (summer) using the method on the wiki.

It is relatively interesting. I still need to organise some things (create factories elements near the factory markers, optimise the spawn points) but the difficulty comes with the fact that the map contains a lot of mountains which makes the op_for spawn unefficient sometimes...Specially when their vehicules are stuck...

Also, in my "classnames_extensions.sqf" file i added some of the RHS Vehicules, it works and i can buy these vehicules.

Now, i would like to add these to the "unlockable vehicules" list but i don't really understand what to do ?

Finally, i would like to see op-for using RHS Russia vehicules, i went to "classenames_extensions.sqf" but there is no "BADDLIES" list, that list is only in "classnames.sqf", should i add the vehicules ID i would like to see them use in "classnames" or "classnames extensions" ?

Thanks

For those who are interested, i ported Liberation on Chernarus (summer) using the method on the wiki.

It is relatively interesting. I still need to organise some things (create factories elements near the factory markers, optimise the spawn points) but the difficulty comes with the fact that the map contains a lot of mountains which makes the op_for spawn unefficient sometimes...Specially when their vehicules are stuck...

That sounds cool.  But yeah, you quickly run into that problem on Sahrani as well.  It's very hard to find a location that's interesting for a FOB and works as an enemy spawn point.

Also, in my "classnames_extensions.sqf" file i added some of the RHS Vehicules, it works and i can buy these vehicules.

Now, i would like to add these to the "unlockable vehicules" list but i don't really understand what to do ?

Finally, i would like to see op-for using RHS Russia vehicules, i went to "classenames_extensions.sqf" but there is no "BADDLIES" list, that list is only in "classnames.sqf", should i add the vehicules ID i would like to see them use in "classnames" or "classnames extensions" ?

Thanks

1st question: in classnames_extensions, add your vehicle to the appropriate section, like light vehicles, heavy vehicles, air, give it a manpower/ammo/fuel cost.  Then scroll down to the final section called elite_vehicles_extension and add it to the list.  Make sure to copy the formatting as a typo can break the mission.  You will need to wipe your savegame and start again, as the elite vehicles are assigned at the very beginning.

2nd question:

Add them in classnames.sqf , under the BADDIES list, in the appropriate lists.  If you want to remove CSAT trooops/vehicles, delete them from the lists and replace them with RHS troops/vehicles.

Hey zbug!

Your mission inspired me to come up with an idea of my own for a Secondary Objective. I've never done any ARMA scripting before, but I'm finding your code easy enough to follow and I've made some great progress in the course of the evening.

Here's what I'm thinking for the new secondary mission:

Underwater Intel
CSAT divers are spotted near one of the wrecks off the coast of Altis. They're searching for lost intel of some kind among the wreckage. Mission is to go obtain the intel.

I've placed a bunch of markers on the underwater wrecks around Altis. On mission start, I pick a random one. My intention is to then spawn some sort of object that BLUFOR will have to interact with to cause the mission to complete. I'll also be spawning in an enemy dive team to patrol the area and a couple of attack boats directly above the point. My thinking is that should push BLUFOR to deploy a bit away from them, either out the back of a helicopter near the water, dive off a boat, or go in via submersible and stay beneath the boats.

As far as development, I'm at the point where I'm able to select the random wreck, display the intel notification, and put the marker on the map at the correct position. Currently, it just sleeps for 20 seconds, then completes the mission, cleans up the map, and adds one to the secondary objective tally. Over the next couple days, I'll figure out how to spawn the enemies and such.

I'm having a great time learning the mess that is SQF. My intention is to make this a pull request and if you'd like to incorporate it in the mission, I think that'd be awesome. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Update (1/22):

Got a bit further with it tonight. Now I'm able to spawn an "Intel Crate" at the dive point. The crate has a "Retrieve Intel" action that correctly completes the mission. I'm also spawning two, crewed attack boats and one of the smaller transports. On top of that, there's a diver team spawned there to guard the intel. Still need to figure out how to do waypoints to get them to patrol a bit and maybe add a second dive team as well. With a couple images, a bit of code cleanup, and some testing with the guys I play with this weekend, it's just about done!

Anyone have thoughts on what you'd expect this side mission to cost in Intel? What it should do to the Alertness level?

And zbug, what font did you use for your secondary mission images? I'd like to replicate it as best as possible. Thanks! 

Edited by TeckHybrid
  • Like 1

Yep, open up the .pbo file, edit classnames.sqf and classnames_extensions.sqf to add RHS units/remove CSAT units, repackage it and it's good to go.  Just be very careful with editing the files, they are very sensitive to mistakes and it can break the mission.

As a stop gap, what we've started doing is editing the mission so that the commander has full Zeus powers, and using the Ares mod which adds a lot of functionality to Zeus.  There's an "add units to Zeus" module which has a variable range.  Once a town is captured, we drop the module on the town, set the radius to 1km, and it'll add civillians and surrendered enemies to Zeus' control, so they are highlighted.  After you've found them, drop a "remove units from Zeus" with the same radius.  The mission will automatically add any friendlies back to the commanders control after a few seconds.  We've done POW sweeps too many times to do it properly any more. :P  

The way Liberation works is it doesn't start spawning in enemies until you get near to an objective.  Depending on how powerful the computer hosting is it can take a few minutes for enemies to spawn.  If your server isn't great or if you move too fast, you can be close to the objective by the time the enemies actually spawn, which looks like they're teleporting in.  I'd suggest getting familiar with how long it takes your server to spawn enemies, and holding back about 600m from an objective for a while.  That, or send a UAV ahead to trigger enemies before you get there.

Awesome, thanks Zbug.

Great work, but that's sad to hear.  I can understand your group burning out on Arma and the mission, we have too.

I had a look in 0.921 and the trucks were loaded properly, but I only tried it once.

I'm not sure.  I have a few ideas.  If you don't mind, post a link to your Chernarus port and I could take a look at it.

See above and below.  ;)

You'll need to edit classnames.sqf and classnames_extensions.sqf to add or remove units to the build list.  The mission adds some RHS units and some from Leights Opfor pack dynamically if the mods are active, but other mods need to be added manually.

Hey T.Fork, Thanks, that worked it out.

Added the Airportlights aswell to get a better lighting solution :)

Until now now Problems with BWMod anymore.

Just one last question: Is it possible to load the Headless Clients Config by default, so i do not have to activate it with "GRLIB_offload_diag = true" in the Adminconsole everytime? (After Rebooting the whole Serverhardware)

That would be nice but it`s just for my self beeing lazy. And i have to read about the headless clients more, until now i got no real AI boost or Frame Enhenchment. In the Big Cities still dropping to around 25 Frames :( Maybee trying to adjust the performance Settings in TADST. Any Tipps from the other Serveradmins out here?

Keep up the good work, until now it`s far the best COOP Mission out there in the internet.

@TechHybrid: This style of Sidemissions sounds cool! When it`s working i`m looking forward for the polished project. Would be a great addition to Liberation to make it more versatile.

I was having an issue with convoy missions where the convoy would spawn, and then had no ammo boxes. Upon going to the spawn in initial point for the convoy, the ammo boxes would all be there on the ground. This was in 920 so I don't know if the fix to crate loading has also fixed this, but figured I would mention it.

I didn't have any broken test on my end, are you using a different set of mods/classnames than vanilla ?

Just a quick question how do i change the minimum range to another sector i can build my FOB playing on a smaller map and its tough to find a good spot without being close to a point of interest

This minimum range is determined by sector capture zone radius + fob build radius, you'd need to lower either of these to build closer to sectors

And sad to see you ending creation on this was really waiting for the other side missions

I'm only lowering the scope of 1.0, side missions are still on the todolist plus a few things like the actions wheel and hostile artillery

Hello good evening, I have a question since I can change that the enemy AI does not appear in front of me 

In gameplay_constants you can raise the value of GRLIB_sector_size which will make the AI appear sooner. It will also destroy your server and client fps.

Bug report: when using ACE3 as well, trying to bring up the wind indicator (shift+k) causes the ACE wind indicator and Liberation resource UI to flicker. I presume they're using the same idc or similar, and the flickering is each overriding the other whenever their refresh tick happens.

More likely this is because the ace wind indicator uses the same way to show up which only allows one overlay at a time. I'm limited because liberation is not an independent mod so this isn't going to change on my end

Anyone have thoughts on what you'd expect this side mission to cost in Intel? What it should do to the Alertness level?

And zbug, what font did you use for your secondary mission images? I'd like to replicate it as best as possible. Thanks! 

You could look into other benefits than just lowering the alert level, the upcoming side missions will have a whole range of possible benefits to make them really unique

No clue about the font, I don't make these images ;)

Just one last question: Is it possible to load the Headless Clients Config by default, so i do not have to activate it with "GRLIB_offload_diag = true" in the Adminconsole everytime? (After Rebooting the whole Serverhardware)

That would be nice but it`s just for my self beeing lazy. And i have to read about the headless clients more, until now i got no real AI boost or Frame Enhenchment. In the Big Cities still dropping to around 25 Frames :( Maybee trying to adjust the performance Settings in TADST. Any Tipps from the other Serveradmins out here?

Headless clients are always enabled, that variable you've found only shows a diagnostic on screen, which is now useless as you can get the same info on the bottom left corner of the map. All you have to do is to get your headless clients connected to the server and it will work as expected

You'll notice quicker AI reactions with headless clients only if your server fps were low enough to begin with. That will also allow the server to spend more of it's cpu time to run mission scripts instead of caring about the AI. Headless clients have no effect whatsoever on client fps which are only dependant on view distance, AI count, object count and object details

Does anyone know how to disable friendly squad units which spawn randomly on map and defend attacked positions ?

Since yesterday i'm trying to add some pre-made squads to the building menu. I would like to add some squads made of RHS US units.
For now, it doesn't work.

I opened and modified the classename.sqf file.

In the "Pre-made squads for the commander build menu" section, i added a line like this :

blufor_squad_usmc = [ "s1","s2","s3","s4","s5"... ];

Then i modified the section "[ squad, manpower, ammo, fuel ]"
and added :

[blufor_squad_usmc,30,0,0]

In game, when i open the build menu, i can see a blank line at the end of the list, with the value of my squad (30), but no name in it. It's
completely blank. If i click on "build", nothing happens.
I checked that in "classenames.sqf" all the ",;[]" are ok, but i think i missed something somewhere...

Do all "squad units" have to be also in the infantry_units list for this to work ? Do i have to use only editor pre-made units ?

A little help would be very pleasant !
Thanks

Since yesterday i'm trying to add some pre-made squads to the building menu. I would like to add some squads made of RHS US units.

I opened and modified the classename.sqf file.

In the "Pre-made squads for the commander build menu" section, i added a line like this :

blufor_squad_usmc = [ "s1","s2","s3","s4","s5"... ];

Then i modified the section "[ squad, manpower, ammo, fuel ]"

and added :

[blufor_squad_usmc,30,0,0]

In game, when i open the build menu, i can see a blank line at the end of the list, with the value of my squad (30), but no name in it. It's

completely blank. If i click on "build", nothing happens.

I checked that in "classenames.sqf" all the ",;[]" are ok, but i think i missed something somewhere...

Do all "squad units" have to be also in the infantry_units list for this to work ? Do i have to use only editor pre-made units ?

A little help would be very pleasant !

Thanks

As i understand the classnames.cfg the Soldies Classnames used in the premade Squads have to be in the infantry_units aswell, yes.

Today i tied to remove the Respawn Tent from the disabled Items list, works fine! So now my Brave Human Soldiers can set up a respawn at their own chosen location if they feel to have to need for it. Maybe i try to add another respawn Vehicle to (Respawn Boat i guess would be cool)

Just read about the Progress Line in Development: There will be the ability to switch between 3D and map view at ease, just like Zeus does, and players will be able to give the same orders on both views,

Maybe the players will use this in towns to get a better overview and spot enemys in buildings? Should be an option to set available per User in the permission screen maybee?

Edited by KompetenzTeam

Does anyone know how to disable friendly squad units which spawn randomly on map and defend attacked positions ?

I'll add a mission parameter for that in the next version

However be aware that these guys are useful in dealing with lots of hostiles without you even knowing. You're likely to notice it when they're gone :p

Just read about the Progress Line in Development: There will be the ability to switch between 3D and map view at ease, just like Zeus does, and players will be able to give the same orders on both views,

Maybe the players will use this in towns to get a better overview and spot enemys in buildings? Should be an option to set available per User in the permission screen maybee?

If you're talking about the RTS mode, contrary to Zeus the view would have a minimum height so it's not used to spot hostiles in buildings or cover. Think of what you've got in Wargame series. But this isn't happening anytime soon anyways, as I didn't get to play liberation in the last month, I'm not all that motivated to make new features if I don't get to play with them at some point

You're missing the new entires in the squads_names array, in the bottom part of classnames.sqf. Since it's only your version don't bother with localization, just put the name string in there

You're not 100% required to have all the units in infantry_units, but the manpower upkeep calculation won't work for every unit from your new squad that isn't in infantry_units too

• Like 1

​thx zbug;

Your mission is the first mission after Xeno domination I like very much. What I miss is the ability for "ammobox drop" (calling air drop support, eg. ammobox) and enemy reinforcements as a paras drop (enemy chopper drops paras soldiers). Thank you for swift reply.

best regeards,

pawel

Hi Zbug

Is it possible to have the player markers stay on the map and say turn red when you have been shot/killed but not respawned as at the moment it makes it more difficult to find people to revive them because the player marker is removed.

​thx zbug;

Your mission is the first mission after Xeno domination I like very much. What I miss is the ability for "ammobox drop" (calling air drop support, eg. ammobox) and enemy reinforcements as a paras drop (enemy chopper drops paras soldiers). Thank you for swift reply.

best regeards,

pawel

learn to open this in editor and place that yourself. Very easy. takes all of 10 seconds. Well once you know how. :P

I didn't have any broken test on my end, are you using a different set of mods/classnames than vanilla ?

Nope, it was just a 920 issue with the crates not loading properly, it works fine in the newest version.

Damn, actually we got ONE big Problem, after a day playing the enemy AI stops spawning in Cities (after adding new Vehicles from BWMod to the build menu). Cities turns Blue with Red Text. Restarting the Server does not fix the Problem every time, only sometime it helps. Will review the Logs to find the error, report back when i found the error :)

Did someone made a CUP Version of this already?

We are playing with the CUP mods and i try to get this mission working with it.

As far as I understand the WASP carrier is the same as the one CUP uses.

So it would be cool, if i could use this one and dont have to download the atlas mod.

Anybody ideas how to change it?

(Sry for my bad english, not my first language)

Fader57, on 22 Dec 2015 - 18:08, said:snapback.png

Hey zbug thank you for this awesome map.

I have two questions 

1. is it possible to hide the hud/information on the right side ? ( I'm using the freecam sometimes for some nice shots while my mates are fighting )

2. We are playing with rhs mod and have already changed a few classnames but i couldn't find the csat fob script where i can change the classnames for it. I've found some fob template scripts but was not sure if these are the right one i changed them but had still the csat faction in the fob. 

Best regards

1- Noted here, it will be done eventually

2- Very good point, I'll update the fob templates and allow people to define which units to use in classnames.sqf.Noted here

Hey zbug thank you for solving the 2 point really appreciate that.

Regarding the 1 first point - any ETA ?  :rolleyes: I also thought using the UI (showing stats) only in FOB or Base ? So if you are near the FOB or Base it will show up while leaving it disappears. Some kind of roleplay where you can see the stats looking into the filling cabinet or something :lol:

Damn, actually we got ONE big Problem, after a day playing the enemy AI stops spawning in Cities (after adding new Vehicles from BWMod to the build menu). Cities turns Blue with Red Text. Restarting the Server does not fix the Problem every time, only sometime it helps. Will review the Logs to find the error, report back when i found the error :)

Solved, after removing the changes i made everything worked fine again with the AI. Have to review my changes :)

Solved, after removing the changes i made everything worked fine again with the AI. Have to review my changes :)

I have had this issue in the past, check your class names and semicolon and quote usage. What is likely happening is that the game is trying to spawn something with a busted classname and the spawn routine stops. If it is picking from an array of units, this could explain why sometimes restarting fixes it and sometimes not - if it doesn't pick from the broken line or a line after it, it won't break.

Zbug, are you still planning on adding the FIA faction at some point or is this being trimmed from 1.0. It is the feature I was looking forward to the most.

I would also like to suggest that radio towers possibly drop the enemy alert level a bit (disruption of communications) as a way to lower threat some amount without doing side missions. Given the limited number of towers on the map and the one time nature of capturing them, I would suggest maybe that capturing a tower lowers threat by 25% of the current value.

Something else I want to suggest is possibly a resistance/FIA player mode.

You start with a very limited set of gear in the arsenal (5.56 only) and can only build FOB trucks, technicals, pickups, flatbeds, and Zamaks at the start. Bases unlock CSAT or AAF vehicles for use when captured. Enemies are opfor resistance and AAF, with CSAT as the heaviest presence in the more occupied areas.

Objectives as they are now, with the possibility of CSAT roadblocks being added at major intersections or high traffic areas.

Possibly a script that adds new items to the arsenal through collection (ie, you put 20 Katibas in a crate. The crate eats them and they become whitelisted for your use in the normal Arsenal).

Can spend Intelligence on NATO assistance (Airstrikes, supply drops, Arty barrages, etc) in the event you do not have these capabilities yourself.