zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hey zbug thank you for this awesome map.

I have two questions 

1. is it possible to hide the hud/information on the right side ? ( I'm using the freecam sometimes for some nice shots while my mates are fighting )

2. We are playing with rhs mod and have already changed a few classnames but i couldn't find the csat fob script where i can change the classnames for it. I've found some fob template scripts but was not sure if these are the right one i changed them but had still the csat faction in the fob. 

Best regards

WoW

What a great mission this is!!

Thank you very very very much, I have played over 50 hours and iam enjoying it alot, I have been playing with a couple of buddies this last week.

I tweaked the classnames and classnames_extension.SQF to add RHS vehicles and lower the costs for a few vehicles.

With only one or two players the logistical part can become a hassle.

I have searched and read through the entire thread but was not able to find awnsers to my questions.

- I have read that it should be possible to change the ammo income to a trickle flow, but iam unable to find where and how to change it.

- The HALO altitude is high, were and how can I change this?

- What file do I need to change to add/change weapons/clothing to the soldiers that I can buy? (not the arsenal but the AI teammates)

- I tried to make the nights to become shorter, but it didnt work..

Did I say thank you already? :D  :D :D  

Solex.

I have two questions 

1. is it possible to hide the hud/information on the right side ? ( I'm using the freecam sometimes for some nice shots while my mates are fighting )

2. We are playing with rhs mod and have already changed a few classnames but i couldn't find the csat fob script where i can change the classnames for it. I've found some fob template scripts but was not sure if these are the right one i changed them but had still the csat faction in the fob. 

Best regards

Hi Fader57, I cannot answer your first question but if you want RHS classes to fight against then you can change that in classnames.sqf.

Be aware though that you will also need to change for example the settings for loading ammo boxes the coordinates will be different for different vehicles (some RHS US truck can carry only two boxes for example and the RHS chinook is different from the Huron)

BR

Maeglinn

• Like 1

MayB you have plans for cast placed ieds or charges?

That would be cool. Love the mission!

MayB you have plans for cast placed ieds or charges?

That would be cool. Love the mission!

(I meant CSAT)

When I start it it says "you cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN"

When I start it it says "you cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN"

Hi Megusta90,

I think this has been fixed in the latest version.

Maeglinn

Hands down best COOP mission i played in ArmA. If you add some insurgency stuff (search & destroy ammo stashes as side OP) that will be great.

Can you also add more RHS transport in request menu? Like armed humvees, for example.

Hello I have an Issue, 

1) I've tried to add RHS units to classnames.sqf and replace some vanilla units. After that respawn stopped working correctly and I respawned in that bottom island all the time.

2) After I figured out about classnames extensions and added all my units to that section.  For instance :

light_vehicles_extension = [["rhs_tigr_vdv",0,0,10],["rhs_tigr_3camo_vdv",0,0,15],["rhs_tigr_sts_vdv",0,0,15],["rhs_tigr_m_vdv",0,0,15],["rhs_uaz_open_vdv",0,0,2],["rhs_uaz_dshkm_chdkz",0,10,2],["rhs_uaz_ags_chdkz",0,15,2],["rhs_uaz_spg9_chdkz",0,10,2],["rhs_bmp3mera_msv",0,20,10],["rhs_bmd4ma_vdv",0,30,10],["rhs_bmd1pk",0,20,10],["rhs_bmp1_vdv",0,20,10],["rhs_prp3_tv",0,40,10],["rhs_sprut_vdv",0,60,20],["RHS_Ural_VDV_01",0,0,5],["RHS_Ural_Flat_VDV_01",0,0,5],["RHS_Ural_Open_VDV_01",0,0,5],["RHS_Ural_Open_Flat_VDV_01",0,0,5], 

];

Respawns started working normally, however all the units from building menu have disappeared.  Is there any way to add these units or replace vanilla ones without issues?

Thanks in advance !   

light_vehicles_extension = [...["RHS_Ural_Open_VDV_01",0,0,5],["RHS_Ural_Open_Flat_VDV_01",0,0,5], <- here];

You don't need comma symbol after the last element of the array. Just delete it and everything will work.

Zbug, thank you for many hours of fun playing Liberation. The mission is great even in small scale and offers outstanding moddability. Have a great holidays!

• Like 1

Which parameter I need in the server.cfg to switch Stamina?

How can i change opfor faction units from CSAT to RHS's Russians?

• Like 1

After some hours playing it, the people I play with noticed there's no reward or interest in trying to recover not-armed vehicles and helicopters, like transport trucks or some big helis. It's easier for them to destroy and re-spawn them, or just leave them on the battlefield. Even more if they are damaged, while the point there should be to force them to carry a repair vehicle to it. It's like we have an infinite source of them. Could be very interesting to add another ammo-like number, but it could be named spare parts for example, or whatever. Only the very basic vehicles like quads are totally free. That would aid in people caring about their vehicles!

This is something I've been thinking about, but on the other hand, free transport vehicles also mean players will more readily pull them and use them, especially on public servers. I get what you say, but I'd tend to think that the good side balances the bad side of it

On another side of things, I noticed you already had french and german translations. Contact me if you want the spanish one to be done.

That would be very welcome :)

I have two questions 

Best regards

1- Noted here, it will be done eventually

2- Very good point, I'll update the fob templates and allow people to define which units to use in classnames.sqf. Noted here

- I have read that it should be possible to change the ammo income to a trickle flow, but iam unable to find where and how to change it.

- The HALO altitude is high, were and how can I change this?

- What file do I need to change to add/change weapons/clothing to the soldiers that I can buy? (not the arsenal but the AI teammates)

- I tried to make the nights to become shorter, but it didnt work..

- In the mission parameters you should enable "passive income" (disabled by default)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-altitude_military_parachuting

"In military operations, HALO is used for delivering equipment, supplies, or personnel, while HAHO is generally used only for personnel. In typical HALO/HAHO insertions the troops jump from altitudes between 15,000 feet (4,600 m) and 35,000 feet (11,000 m)"

Anyways I'll add a gameplay constant for this ;)

noted here

- You would have to code a whole new system, the mission spawns unmodified units as provided by BIS or whatever mod you're using

- The "shorter nights" mission parameter is working on our server, time will go much faster between 9pm and 3am if you activate it. Unless you already have a day length lower than 30 minutes (time multiplier can't go any faster than that)

(I meant CSAT)

That would make IED encounters very random and frustrating, requiring everyone to run with scouts at very low speeds ;)

Can you also add more RHS transport in request menu? Like armed humvees, for example.

You can do that easily in classnames_extension.sqf

Which parameter I need in the server.cfg to switch Stamina?

The parameter is named "Fatigue" (didn't change after v1.54), 0 means disabled, 1 means enabled

How can i change opfor faction units from CSAT to RHS's Russians?

You have to modify classnames.sqf in your version of the mission. As discussed earlier the only thing you can't change at the moment is FOB defenders, but that will be corrected in the upcoming version

• Like 2

Yep, already inspected your code, what a beautifully written mission!

Do you accept pull requests and bug reports via github, btw?

• Like 1

Do you accept pull requests and bug reports via github, btw?

Bug reports yes, pull requests that depends if they've been properly tested. For example recently someone honestly thought it was a good idea to add an overview picture, but they didn't test it on a dedicated server which would have shown immediately why it's not a good idea. But if you know what you're doing then sure, send your pull requests ;)

Since RHS is officially recommended as an addon that is supported it might be handy to have a parameter so that people running the server can choose to have RHS enemies or CSAT. Editing an SQF file might be a bit too technical for some. Perhaps 3 settings, vanilla with no mods, RHS, and custom. That means you only have to manage the classname for vanilla and RHS, and people who want custom can still edit to their preference.

Thank you for the feedback.

I had no idea that I needed to be logged in as admin so I could change the mission parameters.

Its a great mission, thank you.

hey zbug, will you port your map to new coming map tanoa?

Most likely. First the map has to come up and then we have to see if it's actually usable ;)

I hope for a lot of additional air assets and amphibious vehicles

Since RHS is officially recommended as an addon that is supported it might be handy to have a parameter so that people running the server can choose to have RHS enemies or CSAT. Editing an SQF file might be a bit too technical for some. Perhaps 3 settings, vanilla with no mods, RHS, and custom. That means you only have to manage the classname for vanilla and RHS, and people who want custom can still edit to their preference.

There's already RHS versions out there, I'd rather release a quick RHS port than a new option that will cause a lot of issues if people and servers don't have RHS properly loaded. Some people already ran into issues when their server didn't have RHS loaded and the militia units ended up with invisible and silent guns, which makes me think it wasn't such a great idea to make it an optional component in the first place

Hi Zbug,
In v.918, when we fought in cities like Kavala or Athira, the server fps remain at 50fps but the client down to about 10fps .
What could be the problem? Any recommendation?

Greetings.

There's already RHS versions out there, I'd rather release a quick RHS port than a new option that will cause a lot of issues if people and servers don't have RHS properly loaded. Some people already ran into issues when their server didn't have RHS loaded and the militia units ended up with invisible and silent guns, which makes me think it wasn't such a great idea to make it an optional component in the first place

We ran into the invisible/silent guns way back when I was a baby server admin. It was terrifying.  Later fixed it when I realized the server wasn't loading any mod with spaces in the folder names, or any of the mods after the one with a space in its name, so RHS never got loaded on the server, but clients had been loading it.

It's pretty much due to newbie incompetence.  The way your mission handles it now is really elegant and it was great once it was working. Maybe just put a note in the first post about "If using RHS, and you encounter enemies with invisible/silent weapons, double check your mods are loading on the server."

• Like 1

Hi Zbug,

In v.918, when we fought in cities like Kavala or Athira, the server fps remain at 50fps but the client down to about 10fps .

What could be the problem? Any recommendation?

Greetings.

The performance in Kavala is bad regardless of the mission, but nevertheless I've relayed your question for more ideas about the issue, just in case

Whale: Most likely just the amount of buildings. Not much more you can do than lowering ObjectViewDistance to acceptable levels.
Schwerer_Königstiger: Kavala is kavala. You can't really do much about how badly it lags in their due to the sheer number of objects clients have to draw.
Quiksilver: If the player is on the streets in Kavala, I would have their view distance and object view distance creatively lowered to ~800.
Sacha: ArmA and cities never have been any good.

So I'll try the suggestion by Quiksilver and see how it goes, noted here
  • Like 1

The performance in Kavala is bad regardless of the mission, but nevertheless I've relayed your question for more ideas about the issue, just in case

So I'll try the suggestion by Quiksilver and see how it goes, noted here

Thanks, look promising.

Low fps are client side only. No matter if you have a high-end PC. Perhaps much script runs on client side. Don´t know.

Great mission, keep it up.

First off would like to say Amazing Mission has become one of my favorite missions to play this and Whole Lotta Altis 

Also this mission is pretty easy to make on another map i have began to transfer this to other maps and was wondering how do i share them with you to review and maybe use them

so far  finished a port to the Atlantis map just began testing it the AI has some trouble on this map so Hopes are not High also working on the X-Cam Map  

and was also trying to figure out how Change the LHD to this Nimitz if you could help