zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

I would like to be able to build at crimea base. how hard would that be to implament?

Arma3 1.54 was released, looks like there is a problem loading the liberation mission. 

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN"

Might be able to manually edit the mission to remove it.  Just a heads up.

• Like 1

Disabling fatigue no longer really disables fatigue, you can't even run with a heavy rifle and launcher at the same time. I'm sure this is due to the fatigue overhaul.

Also, as an added feature request, please add the Civilain and AAF pickups to the vehicle build list.  Now that we can turn out in them they're a ton of fun to bomb around in.

Good luck in sorting this out, zbug, your mission is awesome.

Arma3 1.54 was released, looks like there is a problem loading the liberation mission. 

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN"

This will be fixed asap, which means in the next hour ;)

I suppose a lot of missions that have been modified recently will have the same issue

Disabling fatigue no longer really disables fatigue, you can't even run with a heavy rifle and launcher at the same time. I'm sure this is due to the fatigue overhaul.

Also, as an added feature request, please add the Civilain and AAF pickups to the vehicle build list.  Now that we can turn out in them they're a ton of fun to bomb around in.

Fatigue has changed, and hitpoints have changed which means the revive script might be bugged too. I'll look into it. However if the new fatigue system has finally restricted all the ridiculous loadouts I'm all for keeping it that way.

Lastly, in liberation each classname can only have one usage and the civilian/fia pickup is already in use. Adding it to the blufor classnames will create major issues. However that means you'll encounter it in the mission and you can always capture it.

deleat in you missions.sqm this= "3DEN"

Fatigue disabel:

init.sqf

if (local player) then { 
   player enableStamina false;; 
   player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableStamina false;}]; 
};

Fatigue disabel:

init.sqf

if (local player) then { 
   player enableStamina false;; 
   player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableStamina false;}]; 
};

Sadly this doesn't seem to work, with any loadout over ~35kg I can only walk

Current update:

- the eden dependency error is fixed.

- fatigue system is fixed for "legal" loadouts, if you have about 30kg of gear and fatigue set to disabled you can sprint forever, but with heavier loadouts you can only walk (for now).

- as expected the revive system is broken, working on it.

Until there's a fix or another solution, playing with fatigue disabled won't work if you use heavy loadouts. On regular loadouts it will work as intended and grant you unlimited sprint. Other fatigue settings (x2 x3 x4 stamina) have a limited effect in the new system, nowhere near as good as it used to be. However I'll be waiting for further Arma patches to try and fix it.

Next I've fixed two issues with FAR revive. First, "spine3" used to be a non-lethal hitpoint, and now it seems damaging it to 100% will kill the player. It seems to be fixed in 915a and the revive screen will trigger everytime, but I'm only 99% sure about it.

Second, the extended armor I've scripted a while ago doesn't work with the new hitpoint management and the way armor is now defined in inventory items. However the new armor management Bohemia has done seems "tanky" enough with heavy plates, making my broken script mostly useless anyways, so there's that.

• Like 1

Hey zbug,  I found out about this mission yesterday from a friend and placed it on our server. We like it .  I downloaded your update to this mission and now , it's showing a error....

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/640997663705945547/408CED27BF32232807A1D84662BB5CD4DF4803A9/

Do you know how to fix this ?

Hey zbug,  I found out about this mission yesterday from a friend and placed it on our server. We like it .  I downloaded your update to this mission and now , it's showing a error....

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/640997663705945547/408CED27BF32232807A1D84662BB5CD4DF4803A9/

Do you know how to fix this ?

make sure you are on the newly release v0.915a

• Like 1

Having an issue where AI doesn't spawn in towns. I got one AI group spawning, but it was all infantry - according to my server logs, it looks like when it tries to spawn a vehicle, it breaks and hangs up infinitely, not spawning anything. Towns offer no resistance and turn blue when friendlies are in the circle but go back to red once you leave. No AI to kill.

>1:24:31 Error in expression <_fnc_selectRandom ) createUnit [ getpos _vehicle, _grp,'this addMPEventHandler [

>1:24:31 Error position: <_vehicle, _grp,'this addMPEventHandler [

>1:24:31 Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle

I restarted the mission (by save deletion) and it seems to have fixed. Weird.

The upcoming arma hotfix should fix the stamina issue, however augmented stamina settings are still useless and will be removed in the next version. Which isn't much of an issue since the new stamina system is much more permissive when you aren't loaded like a battle tank ;)

Unrelated but I see that some people who modified the mission have changed the type to COOP instead of CTI. I've always felt it was more of a CTI, but CTI kinda implies PvP while COOP does not. What do you think?

• Like 1

I think id love to see the opfor with some slots for players. give them similar options to the blufor base building and vehicles!  its still kind of CTI but its also co-op.  I would say leave it as cti.  thanks again for your wicked mission! :)

I would leave it as CTI .  When in the Commander slot and try to use Zeus, There's no option on the right side to use. It's showing the Markers only ,nothing in the Empty slot or any of the other ? I did download v915.   Could you add the 3Dmakers?

how do we load save game as a local server?

upon restart, it just starts from fresh

Still loving this mission Z bug. Keep up the good work! Two of us are now about 60% captured after almost 2 weeks of daily play.

Few things I've come to say today.

Coop suits it better than cti as cti implies warfare style commander vs commander. This is only playable as players vs AI.

How could I add civilian vehicles to the base save vehicles script?

To those who have added Alive to this mission: what did you do to add, how does it integrate with the missions AI spawns and locations, and is it better/worse server performance?

Thanks!

~Z~

Zbug, sorry to bother you at an undoubtedly busy time, but is there a way to make either the arsenal crate loadable onto transport trucks or to add a separate arsenal crate that can be loaded like ammo crates are?    I had a go at it but I'm a big dumb dumb with no idea what I'm doing when it comes to scripting, it didn't go so well.

Regarding coop vs CTI, I would keep it as CTI.  You are trying to capture the island after all.  I view COOP missions as standalone cooperative missions with well defined objectives, like go here blow up these tanks and run the hell away, then the mission ends.  It really comes down to personal interpretation of the terms though.

I would love to see you implement something like R3F Logistics for the purposes of moving things like bunkers and static weapons with more precision after the initial placement. The ring system in place currently is a bit buggy and it makes it hard to make bases well defended, especially when sometimes it bugs out and recognizes map markers as things you can't place by. Would also like to see AI squadmates halo with you (or at the least, appear on the ground near you somewhere after you land).

I suppose I would also settle for the Commander being allowed to do Zeus editing/movement of things, but only in the Build radius around FOB's.

This is my new favorite mission and I run it on the Cooperative server that I admin 24/7 lately. :)

I am having a bug where my ability to build groups of friendlie units seems to go and some times come back on a wim.  Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

Enjoying this mission, a couple of thoughts;

Is it possible I can integrate ALiVE for ambient AI, War room and tasks? Or would that brake the missions/performance?

Can you add a parameter for OPFOR type (or point in me in the direction of where to change the OPFOR) 

Cheers!

Hey Zbug, We are still loving the mission.

However the new Nexus patch is causing us some problems on my Sahrani port or Liberation. It seems to be related to the Headless Client Server Crash issues that have been posted on Arma3 forums!

I am waiting for them to solve the issue since I have had no luck in finding anything else wrong with the mission myself.

Translated as since the Nexus patch my clan have been suffering from Liberation Withdrawl !!!!!! The Sahrani Port just keeps crashing at random points!

If I wanted to test this is there any way that I can easily take the Headless Client facility out of the mission for the time being without breaking it to much? Just deleting the HC entities obviously stops the mission creating enemies at the towns and other objectives!

Apart from that just like to say another BIG thank you for your work on this mission. I am sure that everyone that plays the mission is enjoying it very much indeed! The updates and the way you have worked out the problems and bugs (as seen on Trello) is a credit to your very professional approach! Well done that man!!!!

[uNA-A2]Zoggy[MajGen]

Clan leader of UNA

I think id love to see the opfor with some slots for players. give them similar options to the blufor base building and vehicles!  its still kind of CTI but its also co-op.  I would say leave it as cti.  thanks again for your wicked mission! :)

Making it fully PvP wouldn't work for many reasons : lots of unbalanced features, people taking uniforms from the enemy side, need to generate 2 times more independant ai, lots of ghostcapping as suddenly no one would be defending hostile towns, etc. However there's a plan to allow a small group (less than 10) of OPFOR players with predefined classes and loadouts (no virtual arsenal) to serve as a more intelligent and dangerous form of opposition. It will be in before version 1.0 as it's not such a big feature.

I would leave it as CTI .  When in the Commander slot and try to use Zeus, There's no option on the right side to use. It's showing the Markers only ,nothing in the Empty slot or any of the other ? I did download v915.   Could you add the 3Dmakers?

You're supposed to build your units with the build menu (you can buy entire squad or manned vehicles there) then command them with Zeus. Tweaking the Zeus UI makes little sense as the homemade commander mode will replace it nicely, and I'll be able to do whatever you ask with it. So really all you need here is a bit of patience ;)

how do we load save game as a local server?

upon restart, it just starts from fresh

It's supposed to work. That would mean your server can't access its own profile which is weird and could cause a lot more issues than just breaking the liberation savegame system

How could I add civilian vehicles to the base save vehicles script?

I've added the saving of civilian vehicles to trello, will be done eventually

Zbug, sorry to bother you at an undoubtedly busy time, but is there a way to make either the arsenal crate loadable onto transport trucks or to add a separate arsenal crate that can be loaded like ammo crates are?    I had a go at it but I'm a big dumb dumb with no idea what I'm doing when it comes to scripting, it didn't go so well.

It's doable, but I'm not sure it's really useful when you can use the mobile respawn truck just for its mobile arsenal feature ?

I would love to see you implement something like R3F Logistics for the purposes of moving things like bunkers and static weapons with more precision after the initial placement. The ring system in place currently is a bit buggy and it makes it hard to make bases well defended, especially when sometimes it bugs out and recognizes map markers as things you can't place by. Would also like to see AI squadmates halo with you (or at the least, appear on the ground near you somewhere after you land).

I suppose I would also settle for the Commander being allowed to do Zeus editing/movement of things, but only in the Build radius around FOB's.

This is my new favorite mission and I run it on the Cooperative server that I admin 24/7 lately. :)

I don't like having such a big dependency forced on everyone, I'd rather have people add whatever they want to their own version of the mission, wether it's R3F logistics, Alive, Ace, whatever

However if you have issues with the placement ring I'd be interested in how to reproduce them ? I never noticed a conflict with map markers for example

Halo and mobile respawn deploy with AIs has been discussed but it would be massively overpowered. AI soldiers are essentialy free, so you'd be able to send waves after waves of them at the enemy. I like the fact that the "cost" of friendly AI is that you still have to ferry them to the battlefield. Some people like transport choppers and that gives them interesting work to do.

The build system will be expanded with commander mode, allowing quite a lot of cool things (and especially being able to build from anywhere on the map using your mouse pointer to place stuff)

I am having a bug where my ability to build groups of friendlie units seems to go and some times come back on a wim.  Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

If you're the commander you're supposed to have the option in the build menu. It can be greyed out if your own squad is full, which is a bug that I just added on the todo list

Is it possible I can integrate ALiVE for ambient AI, War room and tasks? Or would that brake the missions/performance?

Can you add a parameter for OPFOR type (or point in me in the direction of where to change the OPFOR) 

Some people have already made Alive versions, I don't know what they did with that. Allowing modules to spawn/despawns AI might clash with the missions own logic

What do you mean by OPFOR type? If you mean the soldiers and vehicles they can use then you have to modify classnames.sqf; that's the whole point of this file

Hey Zbug, We are still loving the mission.

However the new Nexus patch is causing us some problems on my Sahrani port or Liberation. It seems to be related to the Headless Client Server Crash issues that have been posted on Arma3 forums!

I am waiting for them to solve the issue since I have had no luck in finding anything else wrong with the mission myself.

Translated as since the Nexus patch my clan have been suffering from Liberation Withdrawl !!!!!! The Sahrani Port just keeps crashing at random points!

If I wanted to test this is there any way that I can easily take the Headless Client facility out of the mission for the time being without breaking it to much? Just deleting the HC entities obviously stops the mission creating enemies at the towns and other objectives!

Apart from that just like to say another BIG thank you for your work on this mission. I am sure that everyone that plays the mission is enjoying it very much indeed! The updates and the way you have worked out the problems and bugs (as seen on Trello) is a credit to your very professional approach! Well done that man!!!!

[uNA-A2]Zoggy[MajGen]

Clan leader of UNA

That's weird, removing the HC entities shouldn't crash any script, as I've put conditions everywhere in case the entities don't exist. What error log do you get?

Another weird thing, I've been playing several times since v1.54 with headless clients and didn't have a single crash

--------------------------------

I'm pretty sure I've seen someone posted a message in french this morning and now it's gone. Is it forbidden or something?

If that's the case then I'll be happy to answer such messages via private messages

• Like 1

Only  seem to have this problem on Sahrani and MKSE island.... but it crashes more often on Sahrani! Both have the Allinarmaterrain pack at their base so maybe it relates to that!

It all started with the Nexus patch.

However my members have not experienced any trouble with the Basic Altis version.

Maybe its related to the Allinarmaterrain pack!

• Like 1

It's doable, but I'm not sure it's really useful when you can use the mobile respawn truck just for its mobile arsenal feature ?

Ugh you're right.  Sorry I thought last time I looked at mobile respawns the Huron had the arsenal but the respawn trucks didn't.  Sorry mate.