zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

At the moment the game will only save vehicles when they are near a FOB (250 meters, or two times the build/recycle range).

Hey,

i really would like to increase this, can someone tell me where the script for saving vehicles can be found?

Thanks...

Hey,

i really would like to increase this, can someone tell me where the script for saving vehicles can be found?

Thanks...

based on reading the savemanager code you can increase the range by editing in gameplay_constants.sqf the param GRLIB_fob_range . (which seems to be at 125 currently) (not tested)

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that ShorterNights option doesn't seem to work at all?  I check the clock when it becomes night time and it runs at the same speed as it does during the day.

Good luck with your move Zbug!

I have a couple of suggestions for when you get back.

1) When you've been shot, you have the option to respawn or respawn as AI.  However if you hit escape to get out of the flying death camera, you can only suicide from the scroll wheel action menu or hit escape again and respawn.  Could you add a scroll wheel option to respawn as nearest AI?  I'm usually Zeus in my small group so when I go down and bleeding out, I'll often hit escape and manage our support units in Zeus.  I don't consider myself as High Command or anything in game, I'm just another grunt. 

2) Could you add a command option so an AI combat life saver can be commanded to stabilize/revive players?  Again we play in a small server so us players are often separated and leading our own squads.  It's frustrating to have an AI medic in the squad that could be getting you up, but your only option is to morph into him.

3) I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but AI medics will treat a soldier to 100% health, where a player in the medic role with a medkit can only get them to 90%.

Thanks again Zbug this mission is amazing.  The attacks/counterattacks are getting so vicious or small group is struggling to contain them.  We are idiots though and are purposely keeping the alert level high 90s/100.  :D

I have this thing running really well on my server.  That being said, I'm extremely new at running dedicated servers and for the life of me can't figure out where the mission saves to.  I may want to move the save from one server to another.

Follow the wiki link that was posted earlier.  http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Server_Admin#Savegame

Get the old (profilename).vars.Arma3Profile from your my documents folder if you were locally hosting or if you used a dedicated server go to users\profile\profilename.

Then go to your new server, find the profile\users\username directory, upload the (profilename).vars.Arma3Profile to there and rename the profilename part to match the profile name of the new server.  Done!

I mean like you can get wrecks of your own stuff and bring it back to your base or bring enemy trucks/tanks to your base and "recycle" them. like "change them to ammo". Like a little reward for not totally destroying everything but capturing enemy cars and trucks and make money of em.

Thats my thought behind it :)

Btw. we have some strange problems with RHS and the Map. at first try they used the RHS Tanks like BMP and stuff but now they are back to the normal stuff. Do you have an idea how this could come?

Greetings

Nex

For the longest time we were running RHS client-side only and not on the server due to the server failing to load mods that had spaces in the folder names, so it never got around to RHS in the load order, and we didn't have strict verification on because we are a small trusted group so we didn't notice the mismatch between client/server mods.  That was fun finding out.  RHS tanks weren't spawning and it also made insurgents have completely silenced weapons which was terrifying on our new server given their increased reaction speeds.  :lol:

I know RHS is running on our server for sure, and I haven't seen a BTR in a while.  It could be alert level related but I doubt it, if you've confirmed it's running you're probably just getting unlucky with spawns.  Send a UAV to a really dense area of enemy towns/bases and have a look there, you might get lucky and spot one in the wild.  And piss off everyone in the process.

Another suggestion sorry Zbug.

Again we're a small group and all we want to do is blow things up.  Searching large towns after capturing them for prisoners is extremely tedious as we don't have the manpower to do it in any reasonable timeframe.  Could you add an option to the game so that when enemies surrender they automatically join on a player's squad rather than waiting to be captured manually?

Thanks again mate!

edit:  There should probably be a range limit of 400/500m on the automatic surrender though.  Often when we left small counter attacks alone at low alert levels our spawned in AI defenders would defeat them quickly and there would be lots of prisoners around when we investigated.  I think the most we found at one time was seven.

• Like 1

Another suggestion sorry Zbug.

Again we're a small group and all we want to do is blow things up.  Searching large towns after capturing them for prisoners is extremely tedious as we don't have the manpower to do it in any reasonable timeframe.  Could you add an option to the game so that when enemies surrender they automatically join on a player's squad rather than waiting to be captured manually?

Thanks again mate!

edit:  There should probably be a range limit of 400/500m on the automatic surrender though.  Often when we left small counter attacks alone at low alert levels our spawned in AI defenders would defeat them quickly and there would be lots of prisoners around when we investigated.  I think the most we found at one time was seven.

I believe the surrender algorithm needs a bit of work.  Sometimes you get a ping pong effect, a group is attacking a site lets say a fuel dump.  So they arrive first with something fast, technical, btr whatever.  The ground forces are on the way, but then the fast mover leaves the zone for some stupid AI reason, and then all the ground forces surrender.  This because the zone flipped from neutral back to allied and that triggers the surrender script.  I kinda know how to fix it but I'm waiting for Zbug's reply for confirmation and to see if there is a way to fix this or maybe write a better way on handling surrendering.

Daft question, but with the unit creation costs, is that all set per server or hard coded?

Is there also a list of all the units/vehicles you can build? As I'm new to Arma 3 and would be nice to see what's available without wasting resources on it before hand

Daft question, but with the unit creation costs, is that all set per server or hard coded?

Is there also a list of all the units/vehicles you can build? As I'm new to Arma 3 and would be nice to see what's available without wasting resources on it before hand

Unit costs are set in a file included in the mission file.  A server could run an edited mission file with custom costs.  The mission file can be unpackaged so things can be edited and either changed, added or removed from being buildable or spawning as enemy units.  Use a program like PBO view or PBO manager to extract the mission files and then open classnames.sqf in a text editor, I'd recommend notepad++.  edit: if you did want to do this you would need to learn a tiny bit so you can repackage the edited mission and giving it a different name so you don't get confused between it and the original.

If you just want to see all vehicles/give them a whirl, from the main menu go to Training -> Virtual Arsenal.  From here you can try out any weapon/vehicle in the game (included any added in mods) in a testing environment. Up the top of the screen it will have a little man icon next to a garage door.  Click the garage door to swap from an infantry weapons to vehicles.

• Like 1

I have been looking for something like this since Arma 3 came out. Having tried all the other similar missions, DUWS, Becti etc, I must say you have nailed it! You seem to have thought of everything. Please keep up the good work, as the community really appreciates it.

10/10 in my view. A Masterpiece!

• Like 1

With the new version of the Atlas (1.4) the mission does not find it. So you spawn on the island.

Please fix it.

@Porast, i have tested with 1.4 and at first it was also not working. i found the Atlas mod is miss-packaged and not loaded because of that. by moving the .pbo files to a 'addons' subfolder. => works. (with the new update elevators)

Hey ZBug,

I am wondering if there is something that I can do to disable the wildlife in the Arma world to make sure that the server is not wasting CPS on this.

I came across this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEnvironment and was wondering if this will work with your mission?

We currently do not seem to be having Server FPS issues, but I am all about making sure that I am offering the best possible player experience, and I don't think the guys would really care not seeing wildlife when they are suppose to be killing the enemy :)

I look forward to seeing if this is possible.

Thanks.

Hey ZBug,

I am wondering if there is something that I can do to disable the wildlife in the Arma world to make sure that the server is not wasting CPS on this.

I came across this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEnvironment and was wondering if this will work with your mission?

We currently do not seem to be having Server FPS issues, but I am all about making sure that I am offering the best possible player experience, and I don't think the guys would really care not seeing wildlife when they are suppose to be killing the enemy :)

I look forward to seeing if this is possible.

Thanks.

Create File in root of missionfile named deleteanimals.sqf

copy this in it:

waitUntil {
	{
		if(agent _x isKindOf "Snake_random_F" || agent _x isKindOf "Rabbit_F" || agent _x isKindOf "Bird") then {deleteVehicle agent _x};
	} forEach agents;
	sleep 10;
	false;
};

open init.sqf  copy this in it: [] execVM "deleteanimals.sqf";

Classnames for other Animals:

• Salema Salema_F
  • Salema Porgy swarm School_Salema_F
  • Ornate Ornate_random_F
  • Mackerel Mackerel_F
  • Tuna Tuna_F
  • Mullet Mullet_F
  • Catshark CatShark_F
  • Turtle Turtle_F
  • Like 1

Seem to have a bug where no matter what permissions im set to, im unable to recycle units and when I build them it takes no resources, so I can build infinite attack helicopters lol

Seem to have a bug where no matter what permissions im set to, im unable to recycle units and when I build them it takes no resources, so I can build infinite attack helicopters lol

The vanilla does not have this bug, so I guess you are using mods that break the mission.  Must be a problem on your end more details would help to know why

The vanilla version had this bug prior to v0.914, and I see a lot of servers running older versions, which is not a  good idea obviously

• Like 1

Hello all,

A friend and I have made this into a RHS version, and we are adding other scripts to it as well, however in this process we tried to make a white list for the virtual arsenal, and we can't get it to work with the scroll down version near FOB/Ammo Boxes/Base

anyone have any ideas?

//Lists of items to include

_availableHeadgear = [

"rhsusf_ach_helmet_ucp",

"rhsusf_ach_helmet_ESS_ucp",

"rhsusf_ach_helmet_headset_ess_ucp"

];

_availableGoggles = [

"rhs_googles_orange",

"rhs_googles_yellow",

"rhs_googles_clear",

"rhs_googles_black"

];

_availableUniforms = [

"rhs_uniform_cu_ucp"

];

_availableVests = [

"rhsusf_iotv_ucp",

"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Squadleader",

"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Teamleader",

"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_SAW",

"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Medic",

"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Grenadier",

"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Rifleman"

];

_availableBackpacks = [

"rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp",

"tf_anprc155_coyote"

];

_availableItems = [

"acc_pointer_IR",

"acc_flashlight",

"optic_Aco_smg",

"rhsusf_acc_ELCAN",

"rhsusf_acc_ACOG",

"rhsusf_acc_eotech_552",

"rhsusf_acc_compm4",

"Binocular",

"ItemCompass",

"ItemMap",

"ItemGPS",

"ItemRadio",

"ItemWatch",

"FirstAidKit",

"Medikit",

"B_UavTerminal",

"ToolKit",

"MineDetector",

"rhsusf_ANPVS_14",

"rhsusf_acc_nt4_black",

"rhsusf_acc_anpeq15_light",

"rhsusf_acc_harris_bipod",

"rhsusf_mag_7x45acp_MHP",

"rhsusf_acc_SR25S",

"rhsusf_acc_SR25S",

"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4_2",

"Rangefinder"

];

_availableMagazines = [

"rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag",

"rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Tracer_Red",

"rhs_mag_m576",

"rhs_mag_m4009",

"rhs_mag_M433_HEDP",

"rhs_mag_M441_HE",

"rhs_mag_m714_White",

"rhs_mag_m715_Green",

"rhs_mag_m713_Red",

"rhs_200rnd_556x45_T_SAW",

"rhs_200rnd_556x45_M_SAW",

"rhsusf_200Rnd_556x45_soft_pouch",

"rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m993",

"rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m80a1epr",

"rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m62_tracer",

"rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51_m61_ap",

"rhsusf_100Rnd_762x51",

"rhs_fgm148_magazine_AT",

"rhs_fim92_mag",

"rhs_m136_mag",

"SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag",

"ATMine_Range_Mag",

"APERSMine_Range_Mag",

"APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag",

"SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Mag",

"APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag",

"rhs_mag_m67",

"rhs_mag_mk3a2",

"rhs_mag_m18_purple",

"rhs_mag_m18_red",

"rhs_mag_m18_green",

"rhs_mag_an_m8hc",

"rhs_mag_mk84",

"rhsusf_m112_mag",

"rhsusf_20Rnd_762x51_m118_special_Mag"

];

_availableWeapons = [

"rhsusf_weap_m1911a1",

"rhs_weap_m4_carryhandle",

"rhs_weap_m4_m320",

"rhs_weap_m249_pip_L",

"rhs_weap_m249_pip_L_vfg",

"rhs_weap_m240B_CAP",

"rhs_weap_fgm148",

"rhs_weap_fim92",

"rhs_weap_M136",

"rhs_weap_sr25"

];

//Populate with predefined items and whatever is already in the crate

[_ crate,((backpackCargo _crate) + _availableBackpacks)] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualBackpackCargo;

[_ crate,((itemCargo _crate) + _availableHeadgear + _availableGoggles + _availableUniforms + _availableVests + _availableItems)] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualItemCargo;

[_ crate,((magazineCargo _crate) + _availableMagazines)] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualMagazineCargo;

[_ crate,((weaponCargo _crate) + _availableWeapons)] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;

P.S

We are also looking for a way to restrict classes to certain weapons/scopes/explosives/uniforms

Example At solider can only have a M4 + Javelin or M136.

Appreciate the help

First you should look into scripts\client\misc\init_arsenal.sqf, there you will find several lines that add every weapon, every magazine and every item to the arsenal, and that overrides any whitelisting you're trying to do. You'll also find the correct syntax to whitelist items when using the virtual arsenal, not the one linked to physical crates as you're trying to do here. And by the way you should always play with the "-showscripterrors" parameters when scripting, that would surely show you an error about that "_ crate" variable not being defined.

Class restrictions are already in the backlog and will be done eventually. If you're playing on a private server with a group of people you know, it might be easier to just tell them to use realistic loadouts for the time being. On public servers there will always be loopholes such as people dropping several legal loadouts to the ground before picking up everything they fancy.

Could anyone tell me how "resupply" works on your own AI soldiers?

I've swapped the units available out for the 3CB mod units, but when I return to base to resupply them they lose all their equipment.  I can just about read code and am trying to find where this action is stored, but can't find it anywhere yet.

Any help appreciated,

~Z~

EDIT.

I've noticed when I spawn these soldiers, it takes a few seconds for their equipment to spawn, maybe because 3CB has a kit randomiser?

Anyway, I think I've found that get_loadout.sqf is used to initially save your units loadouts then restore them when you resupply. Could this be storing the loadouts before the kit has initially spawned? If so, I just need to delay the get_loadout.sqf save function?  Thinking out loud at this stage really.....

//init.sqf ammobox code
["AmmoboxInit",Skilletbox] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

[skilletbox,[true],true] call BIS_fnc_removeVirtualBackpackCargo;
[skilletbox,[true],true] call BIS_fnc_removeVirtualItemCargo;
[skilletbox,[true],true] call BIS_fnc_removeVirtualMagazineCargo;
[skilletbox,[true],true] call BIS_fnc_removeVirtualWeaponCargo;

[skilletbox, [
"rhsusf_ach_helmet_ucp",
"rhsusf_ach_helmet_ESS_ucp",
"rhsusf_ach_helmet_headset_ess_ucp",
"rhs_googles_orange",
"rhs_googles_yellow",
"rhs_googles_clear",
"rhs_googles_black",
"rhs_uniform_cu_ucp",
"rhsusf_iotv_ucp",
"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Squadleader",
"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Teamleader",
"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_SAW",
"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Medic",
"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Grenadier",
"rhsusf_iotv_ucp_Rifleman",
"rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ucp",
"tf_anprc155_coyote",
"acc_pointer_IR",
"acc_flashlight",
"optic_Aco_smg",
"rhsusf_acc_ELCAN",
"rhsusf_acc_ACOG",
"rhsusf_acc_eotech_552",
"Binocular",
"ItemCompass",
"ItemMap",
"ItemGPS",
"ItemRadio",
"ItemWatch",
"FirstAidKit",
"Medikit"], true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualItemCargo;

Alright I've gotten this far but confused on what the Syntax is for the scroll wheel.

EDIT: Reading through the whole thread and doing some testing I found what will allow the ACE medical to work.  If I disable the FAR Revive when initializing the mission ACE3 Medical works as expected.  Just wanted to pass it on in case anyone is interested.

Perhaps this has been covered before, but running into an issue with ACE3 and this mission.  Specifically, the medical self interaction.

On our server we run ACE3, cTab and some other mods.  I noticed that if I am hit by fire or otherwise injured, when I use the ACE3 self interaction to treat myself it does not show any color for where or what or severity of what is injured.  Additionally, it doesn't seem to have any impact to banage or use morphine.

What's even more add is if I fire a launcher (like a SMAW) and get hit by my own back black, the damage shows (my torso will show yellow, I will get blood splatter on the screen and the effects of pain will so).  If I treat myself for this it works as I would expect (the torso shows yellow, but after treatment it shows white, the blood spatter disappears and the pain effects go away).

I have tested in other one shot missions and some of the default Arma 3 multi-play/coop missions in ACE3 medical appears to work as expected.

If this known?  Is there something (a config, something in the mission PBO, etc) I need to change?

Other than that we really love this mission.  We run it as the default on our server and look forward to the additional improvements you have planned.

Thanks!

i'm currently trying to blacklist some items from the arsenal by putting their classnames into GRLIB_blacklisted_from_arsenal in classnames.sqf. but it seems that this blacklist-function will only apply to backpacks?

is there are simple solution how to blacklist also vehicles, weapons and so on?

as far as i understand, it has something to do with LARs_fnc_addAllVirtualCargo.sqf and init_arsenal.sqf. but i can't get it to work :(.

Could anyone tell me how "resupply" works on your own AI soldiers?

The resupply will create another unit with same class as the one you're trying to resupply, swap their inventories, then delete the other unit

Alright I've gotten this far but confused on what the Syntax is for the scroll wheel.

The arsenal init is executed when the mission starts, it has nothing to do with the wheel action

If this known?  Is there something (a config, something in the mission PBO, etc) I need to change?

Make sure the revive parameter is set to "disable" so the ACE revive can work properly. If that's already the case then maybe people who play with ACE will be able to help

i'm currently trying to blacklist some items from the arsenal by putting their classnames into GRLIB_blacklisted_from_arsenal in classnames.sqf. but it seems that this blacklist-function will only apply to backpacks?

is there are simple solution how to blacklist also vehicles, weapons and so on?

as far as i understand, it has something to do with LARs_fnc_addAllVirtualCargo.sqf and init_arsenal.sqf. but i can't get it to work :(.

This was the initial plan but having blacklists for every kind of item causes awful performance issues when using the arsenal, especially if you have mods such as RHS. That's why only backpacks and especially static weapon backpacks are restricted