zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

v0.913 is out

Changelog:

- Added a CSAT aggressivity setting, allowing you to choose if you want more or less counter attacks and reinforcements.

- Added a weather parameter.

- Added a "shorter nights" parameter, which will speed up the day/night cycle during the night.

- Added a HALO cooldown parameter.

- Fixed a bug that could result in incorrect ammo values (including negative values) when there was a mod mismatch between clients and server.

- Fixed a bug about a few specific sectors that had a chance to reactivate just after capture.

• Like 3

To completely replace the Atlas mod you will have a bit of work. You would have to rewire the whole LHD object and Spawning scripts. Or you could just try adding the Nimitz and move 'Base Chimera' From the island onto the nimitz.

Those Question marks are Enemy BattelGroups that are trying to recapture territory. see Wiki.

Thanks, it seems to be difficult, but possible (for me).

Please excuse my silly question, I have to admit, I did not know anything about the wiki.

Best regards and thank you very much!

Edit: Allow me one more question please. You said, it would be a bit of work to replace the Atlas. Is it easy/easier to create a spawn point at the Nimitz?

I noticed something, I'm playing the mission solo atm on our dedicated server.  I'm not even using any AI allies.  It seems that when you play solo you need to clean up the entire sector to win.  This has the annoying side effect that nobody will ever surrender.  So in that case you never will be able to get intel.  It's not really a bug, but to me it does sound as a showstopper scenario ?

We also added Alive to it and it is now awesome! Only problem with it is that is when Alive is spawning own bots, the resources get over capped. Another problem is with a bit of lag on the map, so if you are interested, then may be you can take a look into that, if not, well then not.

That would be better to discuss this with the other people who have already integrated Alive into Liberation. There's too many mods to integrate and maps to port onto, if I start looking into that, nothing will ever get done on the main version

Another thing, is if I can, I would like to request feature with tickets, for instance when you start, you get say 20 tickets and you can replenish them by say taking towns and if you get killed then it will be -1 ticket and if all tickets are gone then mission is lost. Would it be possible to implement?

Noted in the feature list

I noticed something, I'm playing the mission solo atm on our dedicated server.  I'm not even using any AI allies.  It seems that when you play solo you need to clean up the entire sector to win.  This has the annoying side effect that nobody will ever surrender.  So in that case you never will be able to get intel.  It's not really a bug, but to me it does sound as a showstopper scenario ?

Well, before that, some people used to complain that a few hostile dudes would surrender to them while they were solo and it made no sense. When you take all feedback into account, there comes a point when you realize you can't please everyone :p

• Like 1

Well, before that, some people used to complain that a few hostile dudes would surrender to them while they were solo and it made no sense. When you take all feedback into account, there comes a point when you realize you can't please everyone :P

Hmmm , there might be a compromise, once the sector is cleaned up you could either spawn a prisoner or I dunno maybe some intel papers ?  Indeed it's difficult to please each scenario dependent on the amount of players.  I'll play on a bit and see if I can get the alert damage down in some way or another.

This mission is really good!!!! I would like to enhance it by adding a Zeus mission maker spot for my unit's server (to make it a bit more 'interesting')... I created a Zeus but whenever i try to modify something or place objects/units a dialogue says that is impossible to place objects. Is there a script or something that prevents any zeus from spawning units?

This mission is really good!!!! I would like to enhance it by adding a Zeus mission maker spot for my unit's server (to make it a bit more 'interesting')... I created a Zeus but whenever i try to modify something or place objects/units a dialogue says that is impossible to place objects. Is there a script or something that prevents any zeus from spawning units?

Yes there is Zeus is configured so that the commander slot can use it , however he is limited to only a few actions to counter cheating or exploit behavior

Hi guys,

having a big issue. Played last night a lot and captured some cities.

Now I restart the armaserver.exe and join the server. Now I only have "GREUH_OPTIONS" in my mouse wheel dropdown. I start arma 3 without any addon and same issue.

I copied an very old savegame (admin.vars.Arma3Profile) into the user folder and it works.

But this save file is very old. Some ideas what is going wrong? We played since release the version v0.913

Please help us how to fix that issue or change the file to make it running again.

cheers

lahlor

To investigate I'll need the corrupted savegame and server logs

Yes there is Zeus is configured so that the commander slot can use it , however he is limited to only a few actions to counter cheating or exploit behavior

Yeah but I want to remove those limitations so that i can create Zeus missions and sub-missions on the fly... Any ideas on how?

It's a private server so we don't worry that much about cheating ;)

Here you go http://hochladen.to/files/R27W1446576667.html

Inside the last 3 rpt from the server and the savefile

Thank you so much!

I think I've managed to uncorrupt your savegame, at least it's now loading fine on my side

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnmxqhubtzs92ky/admin.vars.Arma3Profile?dl=0

As for the bug itself (because it's not corrected)

- What version of the mission were you playing when the bug happened?

- Do you have any mods?

Edit: I've identified and corrected a similar issue that happens when a client uses a mod the server doesn't have and recycles a vehicle from that mod

Hey,

I have the problem I spawn very often in the water, after I was dead. I am using ACE 3, the revive of ACE is enabled, the revive of Liberation is not.

And...how can I create high command troops in multiplayer? Thought I saw it, but I am not able to find this possibility now.

Is it possible to replace say the Huron with an Osprey or Super Stallion? Or a Slammer with an Abrams? If so how? And is there a way to recycle helipads?

Is it possible to replace say the Huron with an Osprey or Super Stallion? Or a Slammer with an Abrams? If so how? And is there a way to recycle helipads?

Open the mission file then look for a file called 'classnames'

This is explained many times over in this thread, welcome to the forum...

Hey,

I have the problem I spawn very often in the water, after I was dead. I am using ACE 3, the revive of ACE is enabled, the revive of Liberation is not.

And...how can I create high command troops in multiplayer? Thought I saw it, but I am not able to find this possibility now.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29744

This will mean you can recruit a squad of infantry to yourself, then convert them to HC. This will mean pretty much limitless options as to the HC groups under your control. As I only play with a few players I assume the role of 'AI' commander.

At the moment i will build a vehicle crew of three (repair guy, medic, and crewman) to my squad. Then using the mod 'convert' them to a HC group. (Remembering to 'execute' their orders)

Then using this mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26327

You can get them to enter the nearest empty vehicle to them as its crew.

Then build a squad of say six dedicated infantry as dismounts for the vehicle that was previously crewed and convert them also. Using the HC transport mod you can then get them to transport load into that vehicle as a separate entity meaning extremely easy control over every aspect of movement and combat.

Our available resources in our campaign at the moment enable me to build two Bradley's and a linebacker fully crewed and with dismounts, two LandRovers full of infantry, ammo, fuel, repair and respawn truck. A fully manned BlackHawk for quick extraction or prisoner transport and maybe a couple of mission specific vehicles (My Harrier!!) or squads needed. Also the players get a squad each or play any roll within the mission they choose.

All of these are under HC and the flexibility is truly great as you convert any HC squad back into your squad (I use this for converting artillery back to me so I can use the AI to fire and when finished convert them back after, or when entering a town and taking a HC squad currently their under my wing for house clearance etc)

I am kind of hoping that the commanders addition that is planned down the line follows similar paths and will be as useful, but other priorities first.

If you want to go a bit OTT put this in as well.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28040

They all work excellently together.

Best mission so far for me, thank you.

Hi guys,

having a big issue. Played last night a lot and captured some cities.

Now I restart the armaserver.exe and join the server. Now I only have "GREUH_OPTIONS" in my mouse wheel dropdown. I start arma 3 without any addon and same issue.

I copied an very old savegame (admin.vars.Arma3Profile) into the user folder and it works.

But this save file is very old. Some ideas what is going wrong? We played since release the version v0.913

Please help us how to fix that issue or change the file to make it running again.

cheers

lahlor

To investigate I'll need the corrupted savegame and server logs

I think I've managed to uncorrupt your savegame, at least it's now loading fine on my side

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnmxqhubtzs92ky/admin.vars.Arma3Profile?dl=0

As for the bug itself (because it's not corrected)

- What version of the mission were you playing when the bug happened?

- Do you have any mods?

Edit: I've identified and corrected a similar issue that happens when a client uses a mod the server doesn't have and recycles a vehicle from that mod

Hi zbug.  First thanks so much for the awesome mission, my friends and I have been having an incredible time with it.  It's really great work!

Unfortunately we ran into the same problem as lahlor, where after a server restart when you spawn you only have access to greuh_options in game.  None of the resource counters appear on the right hand side of the HUD like normal either.

I made a backup of the vars.Arma3Profile, wiped the save game, and started a new campaign and that appears to be working fine.

We did notice that during the last working session the ammo resource counter had stopped working.  I couldn't say when or why, I only noticed when I recycled ammo crates and the counter didn't increase.  My friends later noted that when they bought a new chopper after their last one exploded the ammo counter didn't decrease either.  The chopper they were using was from the RHS USAF mod, and while it was active around the time I noticed ammo wasn't working, I don't think it had been recycled/destroyed yet.  There could have been other vehicles though.

In the link below I've included the broken vars.Arma3Profile file, the rpt logs of the last working session, and the rpts of the first and second attempts to load it.

We play with the following mods:

CBA_A3, task_force_radio, ASDG_JR, HLC Core, HLC FAL Pack, HLC G3 Pack, RHSAFRF, RHSUSAF, TRYK's Multi-Play Unifrom's pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hka71w8ocy0fdnd/Logs%2Bsavegame.zip?dl=0

If you could please post instructions on how to fix it I'll be forever grateful!

edit: the map version was 0.913 and it was unedited.

• Like 1

Yep there's a good chance your client and server mods don't match, that's how the bug happens. It will be corrected in the upcoming version (in just a few hours for basic tests)

In the meantime you can log on your server as admin, open the console (escape) and server exec this code:

resources_ammo = 1000;

(or whatever amount closer to your old value. Or whatever you want really :P)

If it works, after a few seconds you should see the right-side UI pop up. When it does, again go to the console and server exec this:

trigger_server_save = true;

Then restart your server and hopefully everything will work fine. The bug might happen again until you upgrade to v0.914, or make sure the clients and server load the same mods.

v0.914 is out

Changelog:

• Corrected a savegame corruption case that could occur when the clients and server didn't have the same mods loaded.
  • Added a new classnames extension file that allows you to add new items to the build menu without having to deal with the usual conflicts and merge issues in the main classnames file.
  • Added AAF vehicles to the build menu, and tweaked the mission to make sure those vehicles will appear as friendly.
  • Like 1

Hello Liberation dev team, I was just wondering if (as some kinda of suggestion) you guys could add maybe a full RHS version of this mission? I think it would be very cool if Nato is replaced by the US army, and CSAT is replaced by the Russian Federation. Anyhow it's just a suggestion, my friends and I love your mod and we look forward to the coming updates. Best of luck! 

v0.914 is out

Changelog:

• Corrected a savegame corruption case that could occur when the clients and server didn't have the same mods loaded.
  • Added a new classnames extension file that allows you to add new items to the build menu without having to deal with the usual conflicts and merge issues in the main classnames file.
  • Added AAF vehicles to the build menu, and tweaked the mission to make sure those vehicles will appear as friendly.

- Good work on the extension file helps a lot to keep things maintainable, could you do it for the enemy arrays as well ?  I'm using the CUP extentions and would be great to get some CUP vehicles as baddies as well.

- Seems I couldn't recycle any of the vehicles in the extension array , I get the menu and I can press recycle but the vehicle remains , you do not get the ammunition from the recycling though

• Like 1

Hello Liberation dev team, I was just wondering if (as some kinda of suggestion) you guys could add maybe a full RHS version of this mission? I think it would be very cool if Nato is replaced by the US army, and CSAT is replaced by the Russian Federation. Anyhow it's just a suggestion, my friends and I love your mod and we look forward to the coming updates. Best of luck! 

https://github.com/TMG-Maeglinn/tmg_liberation.Altis

- Good work on the extension file helps a lot to keep things maintainable, could you do it for the enemy arrays as well ?  I'm using the CUP extentions and would be great to get some CUP vehicles as baddies as well.

- Seems I couldn't recycle any of the vehicles in the extension array , I get the menu and I can press recycle but the vehicle remains , you do not get the ammunition from the recycling though

- I'll add the hostiles arrays in the next version

- I don't reproduce this issue, I can recycle AAF vehicles just fine. Could you please provide me with more precise reproduction steps and/or log files?

• Like 1