zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

there is one issues with this new update, when i login to server i dont have any more options to redeploy, halo jump, built aso. even if i restart server or and mission the problem remains, how do i fix this problem without losing save progress??

Those options are only available near fobs, is that the case? If it is then please send your client and server logs (rpt files)

Those options are only available near fobs, is that the case? If it is then please send your client and server logs (rpt files)

no replay on pm? so now i have realize that i dont have any more resourse bar on left screen, this is crealy somthing to do in mission files, is ther way fo fix?

It seems your savegame got corrupted, but without the server logs showing what happens when the server tries to load the savegame, I can't do anything.

Also sending several private messages in a row and complaining you get no answer within minutes is definitely a very uncool thing to do, considering I'm doing it all for free. And it's a great way to get no answer and no help at all.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. I have added all the ACE3 modules i use in all of my ACE3 missions.. the Mission runs flawlessly..

Thanks again !!!  My Team LOVES this mission!!

• Like 1

Hey Z,

will there be a version without LHD mod at release?

But... the current version doesn't require the LHD already? It's been that way for some time now, you can play with 100% vanilla

v0.911 is out

Changelog:

• Empty vehicles will be cleaned up if they stay abandonned outside of a FOB. Default server parameter is 2 hours, it can be changed or even disabled. Support vehicles such as respawn trucks and supply crates are not concerned.
  • Implemented the cleanup script by Quicksilver to improve performance over time.
  • It's now impossible to build from a FOB if it's under attack by CSAT forces.
  • It's now possible to capture prisoners when they're not at ground level.
  • Like 2

But... the current version doesn't require the LHD already? It's been that way for some time now, you can play with 100% vanilla

Alright i guess that went by unnoticed. Thanks.

Hi,

we are seeing a possible issue where we attack bases and only get the vehicles to attack. no infantry seem to spawn at all. Once the vehicles are dead the blue line is full and the zone goes blue but the name of the base stays red and we do not capture it.

Sorry we cannot access our RTP atm.

Another note is we haven't seen AI civilians for a long time

Anything we are missing?

Which version are you using? Did you modify anything? 

Also the civilians were working as per yesterday's testing session, it depends if you're spread out on the map or not

V0.9.10

Only changed some of the playable units to 3CB units

Checked some stuff using Admin controls found ~300 groups that where empty. cleared them out but glitched zones are still glitched 

There's a tentative fix for that bug in v0.911, and new log traces in case it happens (and I'd need your logs if it does :p)

You mean save the blufor soldiers that are inside and around fobs? Why not

Hi zbug, wonderful mission, having a real blast with it, only thing im disliking is the revive, if i dont have anyone to revive me I have to respawn back at base, so im playing solo.

Is it possible that you go into revive mode when you get killed and not wounded, as I barely get shot and im stuck and have to respawn, I'd rather use the fak and fix myself if I'm not Killed.

Also can you add save gear after you respawn, as you got to go to arsenal every time to fetch your loadout.

Thanks for the update. I have added all the ACE3 modules i use in all of my ACE3 missions.. the Mission runs flawlessly..

Thanks again !!!  My Team LOVES this mission!!

can you publish your work with the ACE

Hi zbug, wonderful mission, having a real blast with it, only thing im disliking is the revive, if i dont have anyone to revive me I have to respawn back at base, so im playing solo.

Is it possible that you go into revive mode when you get killed and not wounded, as I barely get shot and im stuck and have to respawn, I'd rather use the fak and fix myself if I'm not Killed.

Its a COOP mission. i guess there is no system at all wich would make it possible for 1 player allone to capture zones bigger then radio towers. If you play with Ace basic medical system instead it would be little easier i guess...

Also can you add save gear after you respawn, as you got to go to arsenal every time to fetch your loadout.

There is an save/load button build in the arsenal by default.

Just download, extract it with PBO manager and place all the ace modules you want...

• Like 1

Its a COOP mission. i guess there is no system at all wich would make it possible for 1 player allone to capture zones bigger then radio towers. If you play with Ace basic medical system instead it would be little easier i guess...

There is a system which i prefer over this type of revive, I looked at the code for this revive and basically its this:

if (alive _unit && _amountOfDamage >= 1.0 && _isUnconscious == 0 && !(_selectionName in [ "hands", "legs", "spine1", "spine2", "spine3", "pelvis" ])) then
	{
		_unit setDamage 0.6;

that bothers me, this code tells me that if you get nicked, clipped, in the hands, legs, spine, or pelvis then the damage is amplified to basically kill you and put you in an unconscious state

forcing the situation to require someone else to revive you, in reality this would be true and i can agree with that, but this destroys the fun out of the mission for me.

I personally prefer this revive--> INS revive http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20196

If you get clipped, then you can still use a fak, if you get killed then you will lie in a revive like the current and wait for the bleedout to finish, or you can choose to respawn at base, on a friend, on your own body.

There is an save/load button build in the arsenal by default.

Yes I know, but I'm saying when you redeploy you are not using the same equip, or weapons basically loadout you last had before you died, so you basically start over

til you open up arsenal and choose your loadout and load it again.

All I'm asking for is that unless you change your loadout in arsenal then when you deploy you should be respawning with what you last had, just a thought.

Sorry but you read the code wrong. Damage is not amplified and certainly not because of damage applied to non-vital parts, that's the exact opposite. Here's the interesting part again

FAR_HandleDamage_EH =
{

params [ "_unit", "_selectionName", "_amountOfDamage", "_killer", "_projectile", "_hitPartIndex" ];
private [ "_isUnconscious" ];

_isUnconscious = _unit getVariable "FAR_isUnconscious";

if (alive _unit && _amountOfDamage >= 1.0 && _isUnconscious == 0 && !(_selectionName in [ "hands", "legs", "spine1", "spine2", "spine3", "pelvis" ])) then
{
_unit setDamage 0.6;
_unit allowDamage false;
_amountOfDamage = 0;
[_unit, _killer] spawn FAR_Player_Unconscious;

};

_amountOfDamage
};

So, what this script does is catch damage applied to the player. If the damage to any vital body part (torso, head) gets above 1, or if the overall damage (the empty body part) gets above 1, you get killed by the game engine. The point of that script is to make sure that when you'd get killed by the game engine, you get incapacitated instead. That's why non-vital body parts are EXCLUDED, which is what the "!" does. You don't get killed because damage to the hands and legs gets above 1, but repeated damage to the hands and legs will still get the overall damage above 1, which would kill you if that script wasn't there.

0.6 is just the lowest value I could use so you don't bleedout and die while in incapacitated state.

However if you prefer another revive you're free to disable the one packaged with the mission and use any other solution you want

here you can find a quick version with ACE Added. (i was not able to test this thoroughly!)

This version is ONLY meant as a base / kickstart for your mission. if you need more/different Ace configuration you must apply them yourself by editing the mission file in Arma Editor. see howto. (there are so many option combinations that almost each server end up a different flavour of ACE)

(sidenote, no not post ACE specific questions/problems in this forum thread.  please use the ACE threads for that)

Many Many Many Many Many Many Many thanks!

Idea from DoGB: can there be a 'MAIN Major city'  that you can only take if the other areas are captured.

(to prevent a large group of just capturing all the majors fast without much other areas. )

Well taking nearly only the large cities is an achievement on its own. You will have limited resources while every capture has a 100% chance to send a battlegroup after your fobs, not to mention all the reinforcements while you attack the cities themselves. If a group wants to blitzkrieg the mission I have no issue with that, because it won't be easy either ;)