zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Excellent mission -> BIG THANK YOU!

One question, with the latest version found on armaholic (v9.11) how do I build full ai squads as the commander? The old button from the build menu has disappeared. Has it been moved some where else?

Thanks in advance.

is it compatible with the VCOM-AI

No idea, try and you will know

Just played yesterday for the first time and i love it.Massive CTI on the whole island,joining armies with other players and working together to win.

I have only 2 complaints:

1) I know this is a BETA so this might be fixed later but i hear no gunshots from the enemy A.I.When i walk into a capture zone i see the screen "You are Wounded!" and i have to guess how the f@ck i died.It gets really frustrating.

2) We need more people to play this game although i know we'll never have many of them. :rolleyes:

1) This is a feature being done on purpose so that won't be fixed unless you disable the revive system and use another. You don't hear the first gunshot because bullets travel faster than sound, and if you get hit by the first gunshot chances are you weren't cautious enough.

2) I don't get what you mean, there's about 50 dedicated servers running the mission and a few of them get more than 20 players, for a beta that's a lot more than I expected

http://arma3.swec.se/server/list

filter on mission = liberation

One question, with the latest version found on armaholic (v9.11) how do I build full ai squads as the commander? The old button from the build menu has disappeared. Has it been moved some where else?

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, and I can build squads in v0.909 without a problem, just make sure you're using the commander slot. Also it seems armaholic has made a mistake with the version number, v0.911 isn't out yet

Still loving this mission, my only gripe is sometimes it gets crazy difficult. We're playing w/ 5 people and trying to take a base right now is impossible w/ 3 tanks, ifrits, etc.. 

You can also bring some AI assistance or lower the difficulty and/or unitcap settings. 5 people taking the CSAT on their own isn't very realistic, and if you want to do everything with only humans and the default difficulty settings, 15 humans are a minimum

• Like 1

You can also bring some AI assistance or lower the difficulty and/or unitcap settings. 5 people taking the CSAT on their own isn't very realistic, and if you want to do everything with only humans and the default difficulty settings, 15 humans are a minimum

15 people taking on the CSAT on their own isn't very realistic either, but most of us are adults and can't get all of our group together due to work conflicts, but I understand. It's not an issue or anything.

Just tell them to dismount and they will fly to the nearest airfield and land

I'm assuming you mean for in-squad AI? I was referring more to the Zeus controlled AI, I don't know anyway to make them land, but your idea is also a good one, thanks!

Found a fix for my earlier issue, when I changed the commander unit to something else I forgot to alter the script entry.

Next question...

Is there was way to dismiss AI units or squads (both with and without using zeus) ?

For example, after fighting through a few towns the AI are usually out of ammo. If under my direct command it can take a long time to use an ammo crate to reequip them and if spawned for commander only use then there is nothing I can do.

is there options to lower down some of details or something 'cause this mission is un-playable in main citys cause of low FPS, i have high end pc with sli 980 and i6700k aso. i play with moste offten with very high fps on any server, even on 80ppl official servers, but here the performance and expiriance of game play it just very bad if we go to take out some of main citys, and if you start to blow houses then the FPS can drop even to 5 or 10 FPS, why did you put on mission this hight object details in it? Could you lower it from main citys so we can play normaly, we dont need to get houses bloow away in there it just makes more object details and its sucks. I also have on my server 47 mods so we can get most best game play with best sound effects, weapons, vehicle aso. could this make server to drop our fps also?

I don't have the same kind of experience, what unitcap setting are you using? You should try to lower it anyways

That's somewhat hilarious to assume that everyone gets 5 fps and I'd be happy with that

Found a fix for my earlier issue, when I changed the commander unit to something else I forgot to alter the script entry.

Next question...

Is there was way to dismiss AI units or squads (both with and without using zeus) ?

For example, after fighting through a few towns the AI are usually out of ammo. If under my direct command it can take a long time to use an ammo crate to reequip them and if spawned for commander only use then there is nothing I can do.

You can rename the group "delete" and it will be wiped. It's only a placeholder before the actual commander mode.

I don't have the same kind of experience, what unitcap setting are you using? You should try to lower it anyways

That's somewhat hilarious to assume that everyone gets 5 fps and I'd be happy with that

i am playing with high/ulta settings, not much to say about it really, i dont have any problems on other servers at all, could you pls tell me what is your settings so i can try?

I had to make an account for this thread alone but that's fine. Anywho, the issue my steam group is having with this mission goes as follows. We start up a fresh run of the mission and immediately head for a spot between Strigla Base and Molos AF with the respawn Huron heli, we take Strigla and then proceed to cap Molos AF. After this I am left in charge of setting up an FOB on the north east end of the runway and most everyone logs off except 1 person whom goes afk for the time I'm setting up the FOB. I get done and recycle the ammo crates from Strigla so we have something like 275 ammo to work with & build a mobile respawn HEMTT and head for the radio tower north of Nidasos and maim all of the troops within about 40 seconds using a supressed M107 from 700 meters (I am very calculating and very patient, I had to wait about 15 minutes for the sqaud to move to the front of the hill where I could pick them off and drive into the circle to cap it.

Next up I head for Nidasos and cap this as well which solo takes me about 25 minutes, I died once in the process but meh. The city is ours, I head for Delfinaki Base and proceed to use the Titan MPRLS on the BTR and Hunter GMG roaming the hillside then continue on by sniping the enemies in the towers from about 900 meters out, after this I move the HEMTT up to a hill within 400 meters of the base and run to within 150 meters of the wall then continue crawling in the prone position with a CQC weapon + M203, shoot out the lights etc etc. Eventually I take this base and use the enemy Tempest transport to haul 4 more crates back to the Molos FOB, at this time our resources jump from 275 or so to 675. I redeploy at the HEMTT and proceed to Sofia Base, needless to say I capture this within about 30 minutes, die a couple times in the process due to not expecting enemies to be lying prone next to some rubble by the radar dome. Now here is where we encounter bug # 1, I've captured 1 radio tower, 1 small village and 2 bases solo.

I've read through this forum and have seen how it's not intended to be soloed but I'm hoping my soloing efforts due to me being awake at different times than most of my group didn't jeopardize the mission, if it did then I guess that's that and I'll just take some AI with me even though I think they are essentially useless, I prefer people to AI cohorts. Anyways bug # 1 occurs when I've captured Sofia base and have used another Tempest to haul crates back to the FOB, I recycle one and think nothing of it as the time between recycling and the ammo pool increasing is like 5-10 seconds. I've recycled all the crates but we're still sitting on 675 ammo and this continues for hours. Of course I didn't try to recycle anymore after those 3 until some time later ( 6 hours ) and I tried recycling 1 more crate but we were still at 675 ammo. I screwed around a bit and found after this had occured that I was able to buy anything that was less than 675 ammo, basically at this point the entire resource pool stopped working as intended, I waited till about 8am EST and one of the server admins got on and restarted the mission but my worry was when he said the mission was saving and in my mind, this was a death sentence for the mission since I figured the bug would save too but it was too late. The mission restarted and then bug # 2 appears, we no longer get the build option and the resource pool UI is gone from the right side & when standing next to an arsenal crate or respawn heli/HEMTT we don't get the Arsenal option in the scroll menu.

So at this point we're not sure if it's related to the mods we are using or if it's simply due to my solo capping.

Mods are as such.

CBA_A3
FEMAL3 Heads
FEMAL3 Uniforms (we have female players in our group)
NATO_Rus_Weapons
ArmA 3 Insignia 150+
TF47 Launchers

This bug happened once before we added the TF47 Launcher mod so I'm going to say that mod isn't related to the bug we experienced.

Can you upload your server logs (rpt files) somewhere? Something broke your ammo count which in turn broke your savegame, and I'm very interested to see the possible script errors

You can rename the group "delete" and it will be wiped. It's only a placeholder before the actual commander mode.

Very excited to see the actual commander mode  :D

one more thing, myb its stupid question but i dont realy understand what it does, settings in mission "Resources multiplier" is this how fast resoirces are spawned?

Can you upload your server logs (rpt files) somewhere? Something broke your ammo count which in turn broke your savegame, and I'm very interested to see the possible script errors

As soon as one of our admins gets on I can get the file you requested, We like this mission a lot and nothing else seems to come close, we were screwing around with the Aus map and the Wander Panzer mod for a bit but it's just not the same thing. He's on the TS but he's usually afk till about 8am EST, soon as he wakes up I'll get the file uploaded.

one more thing, myb its stupid question but i dont realy understand what it does, settings in mission "Resources multiplier" is this how fast resoirces are spawned?

From what I understand from my steam group setting up the mission, this parameter is what causes the crates to yield higher or lower resources upon recycling them.

i am playing with high/ulta settings, not much to say about it really, i dont have any problems on other servers at all, could you pls tell me what is your settings so i can try?

I was talking more about mission settings such as unit cap, difficulty, view distance set in greuh options, things like that. Graphics settings won't do much for your fps unless you're playing with a potato. Other servers aren't giving much info either as their visibility may be limited to 1000 meters, they have no AIs running and so on. What's more interesting is that almost everyone else can play liberation just fine so it's likely there's something on your end you can tweak to make things better. I get 30 to 40 fps and my rig is 3 years old, but I know pushing the objects visibility past 3km is going to hurt a lot, especially near those large towns. 

It affects the manpower cap increase from each sector, fuel cap increase from each factory, and ammo crate spawn rate indeed. If you're playing with passive ammo enabled then it affects the passive ammo tick rate. There's a maximum tick rate so you don't get flooded with ammo crates, so playing with a 3x multiplier may yield close to 3x ammo whereas 50x is likely to hit the maximum tick rate pretty quickly.

It would be nice to have an option to limit the overall view distance directly on the server. EUTW servers got this restriction and running on marvelous fps...

Hello i have a question about Liberation the amazing mission.... first of all congratulations about the efort to crate this amazing mission... great job ... second sorry for my bad English.... and my question DO YOU plan to release the Liberation to PANTHERA A3 map !? ... i think must be very cool this mission in the islands of Panthera .... and if you dont plan it is posible to take the mission in this map by some way !? 

Yo skeckbg,

you know there is a search wich is pretty easy to use...

bafb25d3d62f1630a55ac0f3280dc94d?s=100&d Posted by zbug on 10 October 2015 - 11:50 in ARMA 3 - USER MISSIONS

There's the roadmap here, it's still actual, even though I've been delaying the commander mode for fixes and polishing over the last 2-3 weeks. I'd rather improve what you're already playing before putting a lot of time into new long term features  ;)

The mission will never become fully PvP at it would be going against references like BECTI, I'd rather work to fill a "feature void" (as there's no other CTI/COOP to speak of, Invade & Annex being the closest other option) than go against something that's already well established and well done. However there's the idea of having only a few opfor player slots to challenge the blufor players in new ways. This is still being discussed but it might come one day.

Other than that it's planned to port the mission to every map that's large enough  ;)

Hello i have a question about Liberation the amazing mission.... first of all congratulations about the efort to crate this amazing mission... great job ... second sorry for my bad English.... and my question DO YOU plan to release the Liberation to PANTHERA A3 map !? ... i think must be very cool this mission in the islands of Panthera .... and if you dont plan it is posible to take the mission in this map by some way !? 

And for your 2nd question have a look here:

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

Looking forward this mission is pretty impressive remind me of old arma 1 evolution with warfare features etc just wow by looking at video,  testing this mission right now I'm sure I already gonna like it.

edit : after some coop gameplay tonight this mission is awesome I can confirm ^^. Running 55-45 avg fps mainly with 100% unit configured spawn on a local host with a friends we used some addons RHS, LHD carrier , Tryk outfits, Leights OPFOR.

I must say I didn't know how to hook huron packed fob xD but after reading the wiki it was ok, we established us fob and capped 1 towns and a fuel quarry.

The only part I don't like on this mission is that its use csat and not only Russian and guerrilla will you do a Template to play with RHS only units and Leights OPFOR also allies spawned are Vanilla that would be cool if you can Template this mission or bring like a switch mod for vanilla / mods game.

Are you using a mission script AI by the way ?

• Like 2

... will you do a Template to play with RHS only units ...

You could use this as a start and modify it to your own satisfaction http://www.file-upload.net/download-10979800/classnames.sqf.html. Its modified for @rhs_usf3 and @rhs_afrf3.

Are you using a mission script AI by the way ?

We are using @ASR_AI3 on our dedicated server and i have to say sometimes im pretty impressed by the tactics enemy AI is using...

You could use this as a start and modify it to your own satisfaction http://www.file-upload.net/download-10979800/classnames.sqf.html. Its modified for @rhs_usf3 and @rhs_afrf3.

We are using @ASR_AI3 on our dedicated server and i have to say sometimes im pretty impressed by the tactics enemy AI is using...

Thanks mate, ah I didn't think about Asr AI I'll test with this thanks ;)

• Like 1

v0.910 is out

Changelog:

• New commander whitelist system, which is disabled by default in the mission options so you don't have to care about it. However, if you're running a public server, you may want to modify your whitelist.sqf and build your own version of the mission.
  • Now you can see the load of the server (and headless clients if applicable) in the bottom left corner of the map at all times.
  • Performance tweaks to clientside scripts such as platoon overlay and nametags. I can't tell how much it helps yet, but it helps.
  • If you're making your own version with modded guerilla units, the mission won't try to give them different weapons anymore.

As a sidenote our server is now public and running most evenings, there's a link in my signature. You might find a more recent build of liberation being played than the latest public release, especially on weekends. Mods restricted to CBA / TFAR / STHUD. Teamspeak presence isn't mandatory.

• Like 2

v0.910 is out

Changelog:

• New commander whitelist system, which is disabled by default in the mission options so you don't have to care about it. However, if you're running a public server, you may want to modify your whitelist.sqf and build your own version of the mission.
  • Now you can see the load of the server (and headless clients if applicable) in the bottom left corner of the map at all times.
  • Performance tweaks to clientside scripts such as platoon overlay and nametags. I can't tell how much it helps yet, but it helps.
  • If you're making your own version with modded guerilla units, the mission won't try to give them different weapons anymore.

As a sidenote our server is now public and running most evenings, there's a link in my signature. You might find a more recent build of liberation being played than the latest public release, especially on weekends. Mods restricted to CBA / TFAR / STHUD. Teamspeak presence isn't mandatory.

there is one issues with this new update, when i login to server i dont have any more options to redeploy, halo jump, built aso. even if i restart server or and mission the problem remains, how do i fix this problem without losing save progress??