zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Z,

i experienced some kind of this called "sector activation bug" but i guess in our case it had a other reason. So my provider decided to wipe and reinstall our server wich lead to total savegame loss. In order to rebuild our progress i used massivly zeus.

So i spawn myshelf all kinds of nice things (mostly ah64 longbows) and startet capping the hole eastern island. After a while i noticed sectors took longer to spawn units and eventually no more units would spawn so i could not continue capping zones.

Waitet like 10 minutes in one zone (at this moment the only active one) but nothig happend... after server restart everything was back to normal.

So maybe this "bug" is just an performance problem in more advanced savegames wich apparently causes huge server loads?

How about you upload your server logs :D

Sorry didnt thought of that...already overwritten by the new log  :( btw we r still playing 0.88a maybe i should have told this.

Yes indeed, if you encounter issues with an old version I'll suggest you switch to the latest release first

Nah we r good with this version until everything running smooth with the new ones. Just wanted to let you know what happend. Like i said events had most likely nothing to do with the recent sector spawn problems...

ZBUG.... Excellent work...absolutely love this map...our clan has been addicted to it for the last month.

what plans do you have for the future of this mission? Are you going to make a team vs team version of the map??? are you looking into any new features?

[uNA-HQ] Zoggy [MajGen]

United Nations Army Clan

• Like 1

ZBUG.... Excellent work...absolutely love this map...our clan has been addicted to it for the last month.

what plans do you have for the future of this mission? Are you going to make a team vs team version of the map??? are you looking into any new features?

[uNA-HQ] Zoggy [MajGen]

United Nations Army Clan

There's the roadmap here, it's still actual, even though I've been delaying the commander mode for fixes and polishing over the last 2-3 weeks. I'd rather improve what you're already playing before putting a lot of time into new long term features ;)

The mission will never become fully PvP at it would be going against references like BECTI, I'd rather work to fill a "feature void" (as there's no other CTI/COOP to speak of, Invade & Annex being the closest other option) than go against something that's already well established and well done. However there's the idea of having only a few opfor player slots to challenge the blufor players in new ways. This is still being discussed but it might come one day.

Other than that it's planned to port the mission to every map that's large enough ;)

In this thread I have seen multiple questions about tweaking the mission parameters on dedicated hosts. 

I have expanded the wiki with info on how to use the server.cfg for this. (so no more modifying the mission file itself)

see

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Server_Admin#Dedicated_hosting

(for those wondering on how to set them on localhosts, check the section above it)

• Like 1

v0.909 is out

Changelog:

• New HALO jump feature. It can be disabled in mission options.
  • The commander or admin has the option to repackage an existing FOB.
  • The server admin can now access the permissions screen, even if they're not the commander.
  • The permissions screen has a new "Default" entry that will be applied to every player joining the server for the first time.
  • CSAT vehicles won't despawn once they've been captured by BLUFOR players.
  • Nametags have been improved with reliable team colors and a specific icon for incapacitated team members.
  • Sector capture radius and defenders' spawning area have been reduced to make firefights more dynamic.

@zbug The DoGB clan are currently loving this mission. I do how ever have a question, we were attacking a small town and we happened to see an enemy FOB close by, so we completed the town then attacked the FOB and destroyed it. Then in the next town we had a prisoner and he showed the location of the very same FOB, but obviously it was already dead. We have since had a few more prisoners but we aren't getting any new FOB's. Have we inadvertently broke it by attacking the FOB before it was revealed?

@zbug The DoGB clan are currently loving this mission. I do how ever have a question, we were attacking a small town and we happened to see an enemy FOB close by, so we completed the town then attacked the FOB and destroyed it. Then in the next town we had a prisoner and he showed the location of the very same FOB, but obviously it was already dead. We have since had a few more prisoners but we aren't getting any new FOB's. Have we inadvertently broke it by attacking the FOB before it was revealed?

I've tested this scenario and it works, if you got the message that the FOB is destroyed, it's going to respawn elsewhere and further intel will point to the new location. If you didn't get the message then it means more than 1 objective was still alive. Trucks can take quite a beating so you need to bring a lot of charges. Or a few powerful ones.

v0.909a hotfix released

Fixed the unfortunate issue of HALO jumpers being kicked out of their own parachute if they didn't have permission to use air vehicles.

Hey devs and players.I finally was able to get a new Pc build and play ArmA 3 like a human being.I will play this mission very soon,in fact i will play the hell out of it.

I'll let you know my opinion or/if any issues occur.

Looking forward to play with you guys,see you all on the battlefield! :)

• Like 1

How can I disable the Civilen clothes in Arsenal

How can I disable the Civilen clothes in Arsenal

You can't without causing a lot of problems

Talking with Zbug & Faron, we found it is because you have so many open fronts and already capture a lot of areas. There is no more spot available that is further than 4 km 'behind enemy lines'  for new enemy FOB's to be build. 

• Like 1

Still loving this mission, my only gripe is sometimes it gets crazy difficult. We're playing w/ 5 people and trying to take a base right now is impossible w/ 3 tanks, ifrits, etc.. 

Just played yesterday for the first time and i love it.Massive CTI on the whole island,joining armies with other players and working together to win.

I have only 2 complaints:

1) I know this is a BETA so this might be fixed later but i hear no gunshots from the enemy A.I.When i walk into a capture zone i see the screen "You are Wounded!" and i have to guess how the f@ck i died.It gets really frustrating.

2) We need more people to play this game although i know we'll never have many of them. :rolleyes:

Still loving this mission, my only gripe is sometimes it gets crazy difficult. We're playing w/ 5 people and trying to take a base right now is impossible w/ 3 tanks, ifrits, etc.. 

Use high ground for recon, take advantage of drones, long range heatseeking at weapons and ai controlled air support...

Just played yesterday for the first time and i love it.Massive CTI on the whole island,joining armies with other players and working together to win.

I have only 2 complaints:

1) I know this is a BETA so this might be fixed later but i hear no gunshots from the enemy A.I.When i walk into a capture zone i see the screen "You are Wounded!" and i have to guess how the f@ck i died.It gets really frustrating.

2) We need more people to play this game although i know we'll never have many of them. :rolleyes:

Disable FAR Revive and use Ace basic medical system instead...

• Like 1

Hi ,New to this mission, have yet to play it, but was wondering is it possible to change the enemy you fight instead of Guerrilla or CSat, like fight an enemy from a mod?

Hi ,New to this mission, have yet to play it, but was wondering is it possible to change the enemy you fight instead of Guerrilla or CSat, like fight an enemy from a mod?

Gunter,

Open up the file Classnames.sqf I think you will see you have full ability to modify whatever.  zBug calls them     // *** BADDIES ***

• Like 1

Use high ground for recon, take advantage of drones, long range heatseeking at weapons and ai controlled air support...

Yeah we're working on it, my only problem w/ AI controlled air support is once I'm done with them, what can I do besides let them sit around and waste fuel lol 

Yeah we're working on it, my only problem w/ AI controlled air support is once I'm done with them, what can I do besides let them sit around and waste fuel lol 

Just tell them to dismount and they will fly to the nearest airfield and land

• Like 1