zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Très bon travail.

Je suppose que tu es français à la vue des vidéos.

J’héberge la mission sur mon serveur coopération en espérant pouvoir la finir entre potes !

Je donnerais des nouvelles.

Merci.

Il faudra que je passe vous voir alors :p

Hey zbug wonderful mission got about 10-15 guys that are playing it with us and we are loving it. ran into a bug i think though, sometimes when we start the mission and i spawn into one of our fob's i cant build anything or access arsenal from a previously built ammo box. has anyone had that happen before? Can also provide any info you need for trouble shooting just let me know what. 

Hey zbug wonderful mission got about 10-15 guys that are playing it with us and we are loving it. ran into a bug i think though, sometimes when we start the mission and i spawn into one of our fob's i cant build anything or access arsenal from a previously built ammo box. has anyone had that happen before? Can also provide any info you need for trouble shooting just let me know what. 

Client logs (rpt files) when the issue happens, that would be helpful ;)

About the permissions that the commander can give to players:

- Vehicle gunner (can be separated car / tank / air)

- Vehicle driver

- Vehicle commander

- Build (including fob deployment)

- Recycle

- Unflip

- Squad management

- Capture prisonners

What am I forgetting, what else would you find useful?

about the Build permission (ammo consumption). Alternative idea:

everyone can build stuff butt if you are not 'white listed' you can only spend 1/5 of the total ammo amount at one time. (so if there are lots ammo, no problem to buy tank. less resources: sure Pawnee, HMG)

(thne everyone can have fun trying out stuff. but not 1 guy that buys arty with all our resources and messing stuff up.)

• Like 1

Question:

I have yet to see an enemy Helo or Plane yet i see code for them?  At what point should we be seeing them?

Thanks

When you get counter-attacked (red notification), hostile forces may have aerial units, it's mostly random (mostly because of the alert level being factored in)

Hey Z,

would love a deployment option parachuting from a plane or helo above squadmember/leader instead of instant spawn on them.

• Like 1

Well it's not the kind of thing I'd enjoy as it makes logistics less useful, but as an option if you want it, why not. noted

• Like 1

Well of course it would be good if this option comes with a price...nice of you to add it on your roadmap anyway  :)

Just feels wierd and breaks little the immersion to "teleport" to the mobile respawn truck...thought that parajump would add little something to the respawn process in therms of realism.

Hey Z,

would love a deployment option parachuting from a plane or helo above squadmember/leader instead of instant spawn on them.

I second this Z, great work by the way  :)

v0.907 is out as a quickly tested pre-release, please don't update mirrors just yet

New :

- Individual nametags that can be activated from greuh options,

- Permissions management system. It's activated by default and requires the commander to set the permissions for everyone. Those permissions will be kept in the savegame so you don't have to do that every single time. It should help all the public servers to manage their population more easily. If you find it annoying you can disable it from the mission options.

If there's any admin from 3rdID around here (this server), there's a good chance your server has exactly the logs I need to investigate the issue of those sectors that stop activating / capturing after a while ;)

Hop on our teamspeak whenever you get a chance.  I'll be on there all day. 

teampspeak address: teamspeak.3rdinf.us

Edit: Also, going to load .908 up on the server and test it out.

• Like 1

v0.908 is out, again as a pre-release, we'll be testing it online tonight. The main addition: thanks to various people posting small bits of the full answer left and right, I've been able to blacklist items from the arsenal without removing any modded item, which means all the static weapons are gone and now you should purchase them. As a result the mortar has been added to the build menu.

However that new way of loading the arsenal causes a bug where it's impossible to load perfectly valid loadouts.That means you get a new interface that allows you to quickload your arsenal loadouts (that option will also come to the deploy screen later on), or access the full arsenal to edit and save as you used to, which works as intended.

Also you can now cancel a redeploy by pressing escape ;)

Hello devs of Liberation

First of all thanks for this absolute gem of a mission. We run it with a bundle of different mods both casually and more seriously when more players come on board. In either manner the experience is fantastic. Do you have any plans to port this to a different map or use a community-made faction? ACE integration would be really appreciated too; something along the lines of a medical/logistics centre to treat ace wounds and vehicle repairs, tied to FOBs and the LHD would be nice.

On another note we have been experimenting with headless clients and bandwidth parameters and we have found the following to be quite reliable if anyone is interested:

MaxMsgSend = 1792;
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 894;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 240;
MinBandwidth = 107374182;
MaxBandwidth = 1073741824;
MinErrorToSend = 0.002;
MinErrorToSendNear = 0.02;

class sockets{maxPacketSize = 1400;};
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=0;
Resolution_H=0;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
terrainGrid=30.0;
viewDistance=2000;
Windowed=0;

Thanks for all your hard work.  ;)

v0.908 is now officialy out (and properly tested)

If you've already got the v0.908 pre-release (that's only 2 servers apparently), you should replace it with the newest one, as the arsenal issues have been solved in the latest version ;)

Even though you can load from the full arsenal without issue, the quick arsenal interface stays, it's pretty convenient in fact :P

The full changelog since the latest stable release:

- New permissions system that allows the commander to decide who can do what, it can be deactivated in the mission options but public servers might find it pretty convenient,

- Individual nametags that can be activated in greuh options,

- All static weapon backpacks have been blacklisted from the arsenal, mortars have been added to the build menu,

- You can cancel a redeploy by pressing escape.

Do you have any plans to port this to a different map or use a community-made faction? ACE integration would be really appreciated too; something along the lines of a medical/logistics centre to treat ace wounds and vehicle repairs, tied to FOBs and the LHD would be nice.

I've already seen a few ports made by several people, and I plan to do the Bornholm port with RHS units myself when the mission will be closer to release (unless someone does it before and does it well enough).

ACE can't be supported in the main release, as it would be a mandatory mod while we want to stay vanilla compatible.

However some people have been making their own ACE or Alive versions already, you can either ask them for their versions, or start making your own :)

Any Chance of using the RDS weaponspack?  Also if u use ACE as messaged above.. The Revive sysyem would be interference?

Great Mission. Thanks ZBug.

We r using Ace3 since Liberation 0.88 without any problems at all. Just disable far revive in the mission parameters and set all ace modules you want. Same for rhs and other unit/weapon mods.

Btw Z is it possible to save map markers in the savegame or are those not fetchable?

Any Chance of using the RDS weaponspack?

If it's infantry weapons they should be in the arsenal already. If it's new vehicles then send me a doc of any readable format with the new classnames and prices you want

Btw Z is it possible to save map markers in the savegame or are those not fetchable?

There's scripting required to differenciate all the map markers, the technical markers (mostly invisble) and the player-made markers. Plus that would quickly clutter the map on some servers. Cleaning up at server restart has some merits ;)

Plus that would quickly clutter the map on some servers. Cleaning up at server restart has some merits ;)

Aye...forgot about the public servers  :unsure:

We r using Ace3 since Liberation 0.88 without any problems at all. Just disable far revive in the mission parameters and set all ace modules you want. Same for rhs and other unit/weapon mods.

I see Ace3 works quite well  given though the show wind dir. interferes with  the overlay for dispositions East, West Units strength amo count.  Also I see the RDS is East onlt static weapons.. so West wouldn't get d-30 anyway.  

If you're still having the bug about sectors that won't switch to blufor despite being entirely cleaned up, for the love of everything that's sacred and holy, please send your server logs

(there's no use to tell me it still exists if you don't have logs to send :P)

never experienced the sector activation bug again but i personaly dislike the new arsenal loadout limitation+new saved gear selection menu

except for that, great work! :)